• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

This game has me too salty. Im so bad. Back to the 400pp club

You don't know how angry I get when playing this game. I actually refrain from playing too often because I'll get so upset over things that happen and play far longer than I planned to(1 hour sessions have turned into 5+ many times) for various reasons and have done damage to my surroundings. Luckily I haven't broken a stick but I've come close to slamming them on the ground several times. But I was able to stop myself before doing so each time.

xCobalt

I don't remember the last time I got mad over this game. I definitely have moments where I'm like "I could have won this!" or "What the fuck am I doing wrong?", but it doesn't last long and I just move on to the next match. I don't know if it's the mentality people have when they're playing but I assume its playing to win. For me, I play to improve myself or have fun.

I guess it's different for everyone.

Onemic

You don't know how angry I get when playing this game. I actually refrain from playing too often because I'll get so upset over things that happen and play far longer than I planned to(1 hour sessions have turned into 5+ many times) for various reasons and have done damage to my surroundings. Luckily I haven't broken a stick but I've come close to slamming them on the ground several times. But I was able to stop myself before doing so each time.

Ya, I had to bow out early from my matches with Kioshen and Edgeward because I was already extremely salty from dropping 700pp in one hour to go down to 400pp. I was ready to smash things, so I just thought it better to leave early. First time where I've jumped back into ranked after spending a good deal of time in the lab learning new things(EX kicks combo, blockstring variations, and linking ultra in the corner) and I'm actually much worse than before.

ggs you guys. Sorry I couldn't stay for long, the salt probably won't go away till tomorrow.

You guys should try to have more fun before you hulk up on someone lol.
Ya, I had to bow out early from my matches with Kioshen and Edgeward because I was already extremely salty from dropping 700pp in one hour to go down to 400pp. I was ready to smash things, so I just thought it better to leave early. First time where I've jumped back into ranked after spending a good deal of time in the lab learning new things(EX kicks combo, blockstring variations, and linking ultra in the corner) and I'm actually much worse than before.

ggs you guys. Sorry I couldn't stay for long, the salt probably won't go away till tomorrow.
Don't you mean me? Losing to me is impossible. You must be having a nightmare if you ever lose to me.

Losing to Edgeward is totally okay though. I'm pretty sure fighting those fireballs causes temporary brain bleeding.

Onemic

Don't you mean me? Losing to me is impossible. You must be having a nightmare if you ever lose to me.

Losing to Edgeward is totally okay though. I'm pretty sure fighting those fireballs causes temporary brain bleeding.

were you the Makoto player? I was totally free to you too.

Playing against randoms just gets my blood boiling. Yes I can get pretty salty playing against you guys or locals, but playing against randoms online in ranked and even endless can make me rage so hard. It's a combination of so many things. It could be losing to mash DP's, dropping combos, or maybe me just being very angry that someone ducks me after beating me(lucky or not). This sends me into a never ending cycle of trying to make up for my losses, trying to get revenge against guys who beat me, trying to get my PP back to a certain number before quitting, and so on. Even when I accomplish these goals, I'm still salty because even if I made up for it according to my criteria, it still happened. It even stays on my mind the next day if I have to go to work and it sort of drives me crazy.

I haven't touched online for nearly two weeks now. Just haven't run into any of you guys when you guys were playing so I just do some training mode and quit. I know I'll go through another long cycle of angry playing so I try to not play online against randoms as often to save me from more stress.

Yeah been playing offline or not at all for awhile. I'm always lurking though ;o

The prodigal son returns :O

Who's next, the dude who picked up Gamerbee from the airport(something reflection?)?

OceanBlue

I don't remember the last time I got mad over this game. I definitely have moments where I'm like "I could have won this!" or "What the fuck am I doing wrong?", but it doesn't last long and I just move on to the next match. I don't know if it's the mentality people have when they're playing but I assume its playing to win. For me, I play to improve myself or have fun.

I guess it's different for everyone.

I can understand this. Usually, I only play online to incorporate something into my game (Lol, I feel like I've been working on anti-airs FOREVER) or at least to figure out my opponent's playstyle. I don't really get bothered when I lose to randomness or disrespect because that's on me to beat. You definitely aren't entitled to respect, especially online lol.

Just came back from my first offline session in a few weeks. I'd definitely forgotten how offline felt. It was so nice!

Beckx

onemic, I figured out the FE - turn the side LEDs on so they are solid blue (but the control panel is not locked red). Then turn on vibration, and you should get red flashes for anything that would trigger vibration in game.

If anyone's up for matches on 360 right now, shoot me an invite (GT = Beckx). Will be around next 30-45 mins or so for a quick set. I'm terrible, but my scrubtastic Oni has to go out into the wild eventually.

cackhyena

I was wondering why you left so early with me and Kioshen. You were the Yun player, right? You seemed good, but you stayed too reserved. If you got in there a little more on me, I'm certain you would have won. More pressure, less waiting on me to come to you. Your links were solid.

K.Sabot

iK3zjaKIPy3YG.gif

So I've been playing Gen some more, and have been messing with his bullshit.

Onemic

ggs BV

I know you totally let me win that 1 match we had because I fucked up my GJ combo. Any advice you could give?

Also anyone know if there's any use for Yun's Ultra 2? His ultra 1 doesn't do shit for dmg unless you go raw.

ggs BV

I know you totally let me win that 1 match we had because I fucked up my GJ combo. Any advice you could give?

Also anyone know if there's any use for Yun's Ultra 2? His ultra 1 doesn't do shit for dmg unless you go raw.

U2 is to counter fireballs. Most people will still use U1 instead but U2 is really good against fireball characters. Damage is still kind of low though like U1.

Kioshen

I was wondering why you left so early with me and Kioshen. You were the Yun player, right? You seemed good, but you stayed too reserved. If you got in there a little more on me, I'm certain you would have won. More pressure, less waiting on me to come to you. Your links were solid.

GGs by the way yesterday. You give my scrubby Sagat too much respect :p. Been kinda fun to just let go and try out old characters I used to play. Landing that Kara throw with Ken for the win was so good and funny at the same time haha.

iK3zjaKIPy3YG.gif

So I've been playing Gen some more, and have been messing with his bullshit.

I asked Xian why he doesn't do it with the focus attack on 4th buttons for the plink but he says it's still not consistent enough for him to wanna do it vs akuma. Fair enough.

It's pretty much the only reason I wanted to play gen about a year ago, but I lost interest haha

Don't armor cancel then jump, though. That's kinda dumb lol

Just use his long range sweep.

Onemic

ggs onemic. i can't fuck with that corner once i'm in it.

likewise, I can't fuck with that vortex once I'm in it. My DP execution is so garbage that half the time I either don't input my DP immediately on wakeup, or I input the wrong command.

Capcom, please give Yun, Ibuki's dmg output. kthx

Ever since I duel screened my comp I get some bad lag. But you had the right idea of just dping your way out of it. I punished it a couple of times with OS neckbreaker.

Onemic

Does anyone play PC with a C/D rank?

C rank and terrible.

Ever since I duel screened my comp I get some bad lag. But you had the right idea of just dping your way out of it. I punished it a couple of times with OS neckbreaker.

I still don't know how to deal with her kunai trap. Its a legit 50/50 mixup every knockdown she gets and if it converts say goodbye to a third of your health.

cackhyena

GGs by the way yesterday. You give my scrubby Sagat too much respect :p. Been kinda fun to just let go and try out old characters I used to play. Landing that Kara throw with Ken for the win was so good and funny at the same time haha.
I was ready fo those karas most of the time! Of all the ones to slip on... Ggs. I'm so trained to mash throw on block, I'd eat those low shorts you threw out with Sagat every damn time. I noticed you were playing Ryu very similarly at first :).

Kioshen

Yeah it takes me a while to readjust my tactics when I switch characters. It's kinda funny to see sometimes when I fumble between normals to remember which one to use for a specific purpose.

So I went 1-2 in AE at the tournament I went to yesterday. I beat a yolo Cammy player, and lost to a Rufus player and then a Dee Jay player, who was pretty solid. My match against the Rufus player was on stream, and I might paste a link here if I can find it. Still weak against Rufus because of divekick and my habit of teching throws, which causes me to get hit by his st. short which leads to big damage. I was able to get in a few casuals with an Akuma and a Dan, who was actually better than I thought he would be.

cackhyena

So I went 1-2 in AE at the tournament I went to yesterday. I beat a yolo Cammy player, and lost to a Rufus player and then a Dee Jay player, who was pretty solid. My match against the Rufus player was on stream, and I might paste a link here if I can find it. Still weak against Rufus because of divekick and my habit of teching throws, which causes me to get hit by his st. short which leads to big damage. I was able to get in a few casuals with an Akuma and a Dan, who was actually better than I thought he would be.
There's another kind?

Kioshen

I've just had the most surreal experience. For the first time ever, somebody did a rage quit on me 0.o. I'll take it as a sign that I'm getting better and taking it to the bank
hahaha no.

Top Bottom