• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

jlai

It's really just muscle memory. Grew up playing first person shooters on PC so the WASD usage feels natural for directional inputs.

On that same notion, the Hitbox layout is so foreign to me. I messed around with one at a tourney once and the thought of using what would be the space bar as Up confused the shit out of me.

fader

I was playing Passive Assassin and I was surprised at how smooth the game was besides the studders that occurred, but I had gotten no input lag. it was very smooth inputs.

vocab

I only play the PC version now. The ps3 version isnt worth my time because the people I play with don't even have the games on the PS3/or dont own consoles at all. Plus my game looks great maxed out.

Started to be back into playing online. Kind of surprised I won my first few games. I just wish they'd fix the lobby system up for ranked games. Play one game, then have to go back to the start and go through the options again.

Robot Pants

Started to be back into playing online. Kind of surprised I won my first few games. I just wish they'd fix the lobby system up for ranked games. Play one game, then have to go back to the start and go through the options again.
They need to get rid of ranked. Bring back championship mode, bring back player matches, keep endless I suppose and get rid of tournament and team battle since no one plays them

LakeEarth

After all these years, I'm learning new stuff from this game. I didn't realize I could do this midscreen with Rose: combo into super, activate orbs, dash forward and continue the combo with the orbs. I knew this was possible in the corner, but not midscreen. I just activated and dashed in to get into position for the mixup, instead I got a KO flash.

Xevren

After all these years, I'm learning new stuff from this game. I didn't realize I could do this midscreen with Rose: combo into super, activate orbs, dash forward and continue the combo with the orbs. I knew this was possible in the corner, but not midscreen. I just activated and dashed in to get into position for the mixup, instead I got a KO flash.

What the hell? You just blew my mind.

xCobalt

It was against Fuerte, and he's kinda thick so maybe it's character specific.

It works on everyone iirc. Another thing some rose players don't know is that you can do soul piede (F+HK) as an anti air and combo into super.

I hate rose. Her moves are too safe. Local rose player blows me up all the time.

Depending on who you play, you can usually reversal between cr.mp and soul spiral.

Venfayth

Play smart footsies

Bait fireballs (she has really bad recovery)

Don't let her get in with slide (this is actually part of playing smart footsies, but wanted to reiterate it)

Don't fucking push buttons if you let her get in with slide, it's only unsafe if you block it point blank, and no smart rose player will do that.

Once rose is in, be careful when you push buttons. Use good hit confirms on soul spiral punish attempts. Again, her stuff is deceptively safe.

Push normals at about the edge of her slide range and buffer them into something. For Ibuki you can do st.mk or cr.mp xx neckbreaker (or tsumuji if you want to be safe). If she slides or uses a heavy normal at the wrong time, this gets you in for free.

If she activates U2, and you're right next to her and not already doing something, you can throw her for free.

Yea it feels like rose gets in for free since my aa, footsies, and punishes aren't on point. I need to use c.Strong os nb more for general play. Too much reliance on s.forward.

LakeEarth

It works on everyone iirc. Another thing some rose players don't know is that you can do soul piede (F+HK) as an anti air and combo into super.
Oooh, I think I finally found the trick that gets me into training mode. Funny that it isn't learning her spacing, links, FADC combos or anything like that.

Thanks for the Rose tips! To continue the anti-Rose discussion, focus catches me a lot. Without super or ultra 1, all I got is soul spiral so its pretty good risk/reward-wise.

Venfayth

Yeah focuses are a gamble with her, because good roses will know when people love to do it. What you can do is level 1 focus (don't hold it at all, just fa and backdash) because it will counter hit rose pretty often. That's just a gimmick though, don't rely on it too much.

Bison Ultra 1 apparently auto corrects, because I mashed it out in the corner and it caught the Akuma who was trying to cross me up. I had one good hit left till KO, and he had half his life still. I won... I sent an apology. He was better than me and I didn't know what I was doing, so I just mashed out Ultra 1 thinking he'd kill me anyway, but then Bison turned around and anti-aired him.

Note: I'm really bad at SF and don't know what I'm doing, so if I got any thing wrong in there, that's why.

Bison Ultra 1 apparently auto corrects, because I mashed it out in the corner and it caught the Akuma who was trying to cross me up. I had one good hit left till KO, and he had half his life still. I won... I sent an apology. He was better than me and I didn't know what I was doing, so I just mashed out Ultra 1 thinking he'd kill me anyway, but then Bison turned around and anti-aired him.

Note: I'm really bad at SF and don't know what I'm doing, so if I got any thing wrong in there, that's why.

Just about any charge special/ultra can auto correct because the buffer for charge is long enough in this game. What you probably did without knowing it was back, forward, back, forward, back + KKK.

Timing can be a pain with that ultra though and honestly that Akuma player probably did a very sloppy crossup for that slow ultra to hit. Most of the time even if you get an auto correct they are usually able to block.

Venfayth

Asking here and in FGW, does anyone have a gif of SF4 guile putting his shades on, or can someone make one for me since I'm at work? <3

Top Bottom