• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

AutumnAve

It lagged :[

bqR3icb.gif

S,sorry Passive Assassin-kun! It's not like I wanted you to lag or anything!

After playing Evil Ryu for nearly two years and shying away from doing his axe kick combo that he's so known for because I lack the execution to pull it off consistently, I've made a breakthrough. For so long I've tried to just feel it out, that didn't work. Then I tried to look for visual cues, but I find it too hard to focus on that during actual matches. Then it finally donned on me, what about sound cues? Yeah, somehow it took me two years to try that out and it was exactly what I needed. Before I'd say I was hitting that combo maybe 30% of the time in the training room. Now it's more like 70-80%. Of course I still drop it, but I'm hitting it consistently enough that I'm confident enough to actually go for it in matches where as before I always went for a lower damaging punish.

It's like Sako somehow sent me some of his left over energy or something so that I could finally make some progress on my Evil Ryu. Now I'm excited to put my execution to the test against real opponents except that I can't get online anymore. Apparently because I didn't update my payment or something on Xbox Live, my GFWL account has been suspended. So I haven't been able to get online in a week or so. Which sucks because I wanted to test my execution against you guys.

stn

Do you guys think Yang has high execution requirements? I really want to learn him alongside my Dee-Jay and E. Ryu.

AutumnAve

Do you guys think Yang has high execution requirements? I really want to learn him alongside my Dee-Jay and E. Ryu.

He is to me, rekka combos are a weakness of mine, but on the same token, E. Ryu is higher execution to me as well. When I dabbled with him when AE came out, I would get axe kick instead of FB whenever I would try to two-in-one with his low forward.

Edit:
Apparently because I didn't update my payment or something on Xbox Live, my GFWL account has been suspended. So I haven't been able to get online in a week or so.

What? Suspended? I let my payment info lapse, and dropped to silver ages ago. I don't remember MS doing something punitive like that to my account, can you get that sorted out?

After playing Evil Ryu for nearly two years and shying away from doing his axe kick combo that he's so known for because I lack the execution to pull it off consistently, I've made a breakthrough. For so long I've tried to just feel it out, that didn't work. Then I tried to look for visual cues, but I find it too hard to focus on that during actual matches. Then it finally donned on me, what about sound cues? Yeah, somehow it took me two years to try that out and it was exactly what I needed. Before I'd say I was hitting that combo maybe 30% of the time in the training room. Now it's more like 70-80%. Of course I still drop it, but I'm hitting it consistently enough that I'm confident enough to actually go for it in matches where as before I always went for a lower damaging punish.

It's like Sako somehow sent me some of his left over energy or something so that I could finally make some progress on my Evil Ryu. Now I'm excited to put my execution to the test against real opponents except that I can't get online anymore. Apparently because I didn't update my payment or something on Xbox Live, my GFWL account has been suspended. So I haven't been able to get online in a week or so. Which sucks because I wanted to test my execution against you guys.

Booo. But in the end, it's the bop bop in your head like James Chen says.

I use visual cues for ultras like Juri U2 is right below the health bars and Sak's U1 is right above midscreen. For Ibuki's stuff, its more practice than anything else for the loops and SJC Ultras. Can't really rely on audio for Ibuki.

How come I can drink one beer and play like I've never seen the game before and on a different night (tonight) drink a bottle of wine and two beers and dominate people that I can only assume are sober?

AutumnAve

How come I can drink one beer and play like I've never seen the game before and on a different night (tonight) drink a bottle of wine and two beers and dominate people that I can only assume are sober?

I wonder this sometimes. At my first local event/tournament I was so jittery/nervous/high on caffeine, I could barely execute a simple two-in-one. But, other times with a beer or two in me, I'm doing two, three hit combos like I'm some kinda pro. lol.

I wonder this sometimes. At my first local event/tournament I was so jittery/nervous/high on caffeine, I could barely execute a simple two-in-one. But, other times with a beer or two in me, I'm doing two, three hit combos like I'm some kinda pro. lol.

Don't get me wrong, I've got no illusions as to my skill level. I'm a solid 1000pp player at best but i seem to run into the same players online that I can't beat when sober but somehow manage to duff them when under the influence.

Damn it MS, because of you guys I'm missing out on some good casuals. I tried to see what the problem was and it said "Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system". I don't know what to do next? Anybody ever have this problem? It's not a SF4 problem, but it's preventing me from playing SF4 :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They did the same to me too in which I gave them a finger and all was well.

MS cannot deny you service unless your time is completely up. They just can't timeout your account because you did not renew or whatever. Doing that is a denial of service.

Veal

So I had a match end in a draw game. Thought it was hilarious until the points screen came up and I lost 18pp. Not a big deal, but my opponent RECEIVED 18pp! WTFC?! Did Capcom really punish me and reward the other dude on a TIE GAME?! Salt through the roof!

Venfayth

So I had a match end in a draw game. Thought it was hilarious until the points screen came up and I lost 18pp. Not a big deal, but my opponent RECEIVED 18pp! WTFC?! Did Capcom really punish me and reward the other dude on a TIE GAME?! Salt through the roof!

I think it randomly picks one person to be the 'winner'. Not sure though.

alstein

I think it randomly picks one person to be the 'winner'. Not sure though.

Whoever is lower in BP/PP gets points, whoever is higher loses. counts as a half-win,half-loss

Draws are super-rare in fighters, though I once had a tourney where I had two straight draws/double KOs.

Led to an argument whether it should be 0-0 or 1-1.

Top Bottom