• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Venfayth

Yun has 50/50's? Give me your secrets

When you knock them down, walk up to them, and either throw or DP.

After forward throw, forward jump x2, on the second jump, land and meaty normal or delayed divekick.

Every time you normal, after the normal, command grab or do another normal, or dp, or throw, or walk forward.

Lol, do you see where I'm going with this? Yun doesn't have a vortex in the Ibuki sense, but EVERYONE has these types of 50/50s, at many intersections of gameplay.

Anyone know if there's a specific time the costumes for the PS3 version goes on sale? Or if they have ever even been on sale? Thinking about picking up some of the packs but don't want to do it right before a sale.

Kioshen

Anyone know if there's a specific time the costumes for the PS3 version goes on sale? Or if they have ever even been on sale? Thinking about picking up some of the packs but don't want to do it right before a sale.

I doubt it'll ever go on sale again unless they do something when the 2013 or 2014 patch comes out. It already came out digitally and on PS+ already so there's not much incentive for Capcom or Sony right now until the patch.

When you knock them down, walk up to them, and either throw or DP.

After forward throw, forward jump x2, on the second jump, land and meaty normal or delayed divekick.

Every time you normal, after the normal, command grab or do another normal, or dp, or throw, or walk forward.

Lol, do you see where I'm going with this? Yun doesn't have a vortex in the Ibuki sense, but EVERYONE has these types of 50/50s, at many intersections of gameplay.

*standing bye for Greg in irc*

LakeEarth

Damn, I was about beat a near 4000bp Ken player with Rose (3rd round, 10% vs 2% health left) . Predicted a fireball, jumped at the right time, and completely whiffed on my jump in attack. Hit the button too early and it didn't stay active long enough. Gahh!

Venfayth

Damn, I was about beat a near 4000bp Ken player with Rose (3rd round, 10% vs 2% health left) . Predicted a fireball, jumped at the right time, and completely whiffed on my jump in attack. Hit the button too early and it didn't stay active long enough. Gahh!

Them nerves :)

LakeEarth

At least it gave me the kick in the pants to finally look at her frame data. Her j.HP would've been the better option, it stays active a couple frames longer. Also to note, her j.HK comes out a frame faster then her j.MK, and the "this seems to work" frame-trap I use (cl.MP -> cr.MP) is indeed a frame-trap (though the trap cl.MP -> cr.LK is 1 frame smaller).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ran into Mr. Lots o points. I no scare. You no scare.

YX3i3vI.jpg

Perfected him second round. What? Points don't mean anything.

x3LaHJs.jpg

HAIDO HATO

Neo Member
I'm working on building up my T.Hawk game. I've B Ranked him but now I really want to challenge myself.

I have the 360 version. Anyone want to matchup? Username: RHYME SCHEME

El Sloth

Banned
I'm working on building up my T.Hawk game. I've B Ranked him but now I really want to challenge myself.

I have the 360 version. Anyone want to matchup? Username: RHYME SCHEME
If you're still looking for some games today I'd be up for some. My shitty Sim is in the mood to get bodied.

I've got a question for you experts... I got a Hori Fighting Edge a while ago but never bothered to play with the remapping buttons feature. That is until recently when I saw Sako's Evil Ryu destroy people at the recent Topanga League tournament. I'm now playing around with Evil Ryu but I'm curious how he plinks the jab button after a medium axe kick.

My current setup is mapped like this:

LP | MP | HP | Nothing
LK | MK | HK | Nothing

I read Sako plinks with the select button... so does it look like this?

Select | LP | MP | HP
Nothing | LK | MK | HK

So when you plink the jab you use select and light punch?

I've got a question for you experts... I got a Hori Fighting Edge a while ago but never bothered to play with the remapping buttons feature. That is until recently when I saw Sako's Evil Ryu destroy people at the recent Topanga League tournament. I'm now playing around with Evil Ryu but I'm curious how he plinks the jab button after a medium axe kick.

LP | MP | HP | Nothing
LK | MK | HK | Nothing

Select | LP | MP | HP
Nothing | LK | MK | HK

Yes, that's correct. Also have LP right beside of LK so you can plink LK as well. You can plink with the LP button above the LK button, but having it to the left of your LK button instead is obviously easier. It's a awkward set up for those of us who have only been playing with a 6 button set up. But if I ever get that Hori stick or mod my stick to have the select button on the face button then I would try to learn this set up to to maximize my opportunities to hit links.

Yes, that's correct. Also have LP right beside of LK so you can plink LK as well. You can plink with the LP button above the LK button, but having it to the left of your LK button instead is obviously easier. It's a awkward set up for those of us who have only been playing with a 6 button set up. But if I ever get that Hori stick or mod my stick to have the select button on the face button then I would try to learn this set up to to maximize my opportunities to hit links.

Oh that's a good idea, thanks! I never even thought about putting the LP next to the LK. I've been playing for the last few hours and I'm still not used to moving the buttons to the left and plinking with an extra one. Hopefully I'll get used to it soon...

VASPER

Banned
Can anyone tell me if i can modify a SF cross tekkin fight stick with a new gate and buttons?
I want a SF X Tekkin stick by madcats the pro stick. Thnaks!

LP | MP | HP | Nothing
LK | MK | HK | Nothing

Select | LP | MP | HP
Nothing | LK | MK | HK

I think Sako plink jab when using Ibuki.....Evil Ryu doesnt need to plink jab...you Plink MP after the axe kick....

Yeah, he may or not be plinking jab...axe kick -> cr. Jab ain't a 1 frame link...I think...

Also, I've always thought Sakos set up was:

LP | MP | HP | Back
LK | MK | HK | Select

That makes plinking too awkward since select is so far away from jab. This is the ideal set up

Select | LP | MP | HP
LP | LK | MK | HK

Every button you need is plinkable with the button directly to the left of it.

That makes plinking too awkward since select is so far away from jab. This is the ideal set up

Select | LP | MP | HP
LP | LK | MK | HK

Every button you need is plinkable with the button directly to the left of it.

but its doable... I find it more awkward to shift the whole button set up to the right, just to plink jab and short.

but its doable... I find it more awkward to shift the whole button set up to the right, just to plink jab and short.

True it's awkward either way, but it's easier for most people in the long run with the set up I mentioned IMO. I tried it myself with only jab beside short, and yeah I had trouble and basically lost track of where I should be placing my hands. It definitely takes time getting use to but in the end you're plinking the same way you've done it before compared to hitting buttons on opposite end of the stick which is something most of us will probably never be able to get the hang of.

True it's awkward either way, but it's easier for most people in the long run with the set up I mentioned IMO. I tried it myself with only jab beside short, and yeah I had trouble and basically lost track of where I should be placing my hands. It definitely takes time getting use to but in the end you're plinking the same way you've done it before compared to hitting buttons on opposite end of the stick which is something most of us will probably never be able to get the hang of.

Yeah....but I'm just answering his question, because Sako's set up is like

LP | MP | HP | Back
LK | MK | HK | back/select <-----not really sure.

not

Select | LP | MP | HP
Nothing | LK | MK | HK

learning hitting buttons opposite end of the stick is better to learn than changing the whole button set up.

And remember the Hori fighting edge stick has an astrocity arcade button set up not a vewlix button set up. Shifting the buttons all the way to the right will make the layout very awkward.

AND another thing! the xbox version of the fighting edges stick doesn't allowed you to change A B X Y. Topanga league was using an Xbox.

Yeah....but I'm just answering his question, because Sako's set up is like

LP | MP | HP | Back
LK | MK | HK | back/select <-----not really sure.

not

Select | LP | MP | HP
Nothing | LK | MK | HK

learning hitting buttons opposite end of the stick is better to learn than changing the whole button set up.

And remember the Hori fighting edge stick has an astrocity arcade button set up not a vewlix button set up. Shifting the buttons all the way to the right will make the layout very awkward.

AND another thing! the xbox version of the fighting edges stick doesn't allowed you to change A B X Y. Topanga league was using an Xbox.

Yea it looks like you're right! I did some more research and found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtyWdJS2aJs

You can see he plinks cammy's jab with the far top right button. Now I've got to move all my buttons over to the left one lol. I think it was more uncomfortable to relearn all the buttons. I will give this a try the next time and see how it works.

Edit: Upon watching the video more carefully, it seems like he also plinks middle kick with the back button instead of with LK/LP. Any reason for this?

LakeEarth

I wish I could tell my system to not let me play Street Fighter after 1am. I'm just gonna make input errors and lose, get upset, keep playing out of anger, lose some more, keep playing and the next thing I know I'm late for work.

Beckx

I need to go storify Kineda and Jebailey trolling the world about plink buttons. Even had Valle telling Jebailey to check Infiltration's setup if he came to CEO. :D

LakeEarth

I think we've all been there done that lol. I once played till 5am and had to wake up at 7am.
Last night I lost to the same guy 3 times, all 3 rounds to the wire, and in all cases a missed input in round 3 led to my demise (with Rose). Negative edge blowing a combo, getting an unexplainable soul throw leading to a major punish, and getting reflect instead of ultra 2 which would've comboed and ended the match. Urge to kill, rising!

Roche

Yay I finally got over 1,000pp that took me way too long. Though I feel as if I'm getting much better at this game which is always nice.

Top Bottom