• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

LakeEarth

If you go with Guile, do NOT use his sweep outside of combos. Free ultra for most characters.

I pick Rose ultra 1 against Guile just to activate it between sweeps (unless I know the Guile player is good).

No way on Honda. I don't like characters with low mobility usually. Plus the aesthetics...gross.

One of these will become my permanent SSFIVAE main! :-O
Probably Guile.

what? fierce headbutt goes across the whole screen! buttslam protects the skies!
AND he has dabes alt:
15_altcostume08.jpg

i really only play charge characters, and dee jay and bipson are kind of my alt characters. you'll probably like guile, i dropped him for dee jay because of dat vortex. bipson has some good footsies and pokes, but you won't be zoning with him. best online tactic with him is dash up throw (or even dash x2 throw lol).

Kioshen

You aren't a native English speaker? Damn, I would never have guessed.

Keepaway = goal is to have as much space between you and opponent as possible while flooding the screen with projectiles (Hawkeye, Arthur, Dhalsim, Peacock)

Zoning = space control; the opponent being closer to you is not necessarily bad, so long as you are controlling space (MvC2 Sentinel, Dormammu, Guile, Parasoul)

I'll probably use Guile just because he plays like Parasoul, whom I want to learn, and Bison's d,u specials confuse me.

It's easier to hide in text than in voice I guess. I still have a small accent but nowhere near what other people I know have.

Thanks for explaining the differences between the two. I thought it was the same but I'll be more careful in the future.

It's easier to hide in text than in voice I guess. I still have a small accent but nowhere near what other people I know have.

Thanks for explaining the differences between the two. I thought it was the same but I'll be more careful in the future.

where are you from, Kioshen. where are you really from?

xCobalt

No way on Honda. I don't like characters with low mobility usually. Plus the aesthetics...gross.

I'll add Dee Jay to my short list, so now it's:
Guile
Dee Jay
Bison

One of these will become my permanent SSFIVAE main! :-O
Probably Guile.

Is there a reason you're only interested in charge characters? Is it an execution thing? A friend of mine prefers charge characters because he can do combos more consistently with them. Also, you should try out Gouken!

Is there a reason you're only interested in charge characters? Is it an execution thing? A friend of mine prefers charge characters because he can do combos more consistently with them. Also, you should try out Gouken!
I really hate charge characters, but I somehow ended up maining one in Marvel and in Skullgirls. However, they're primarily there for the assists, and I tend to be good with my point characters. Street Fighter is a side game for me, so I decided to make my main a charge character to help me get past my problems with charge characters.

Why is the voice acting so atrocious in this game?

I messed around, and I'll stick with Guile. He has a ton of command normals, which is something else I need to get good at using.

Rocwell

Why is the voice acting so atrocious in this game?

I messed around, and I'll stick with Guile. He has a ton of command normals, which is something else I need to get good at using.

Each character has EN and JP voices to choose between. I mostly prefer the JP voices with a few exceptions like Cammy and Seth.

You don't like either?

For my character at least, I prefer the English version over the Japanese version. He just sounds a little more manly, angrier, and tougher since you know, violence is who he is.

I only use English voices on characters that would make sense for them to have instead of a Japanese voice. If that makes any sense at all.

The characters from the US, Cammy, etc.

Cataract

Neo Member
Hey guys, just got the OK to post on NeoGaf and wanted to post in here. I play on PC and PS3 right now (although I prefer the former), and main Honda, with a Seth and Ryu on the side. I hope to get some matches in with you all soon enough!

Are there any ranbats or tournaments that you guys do via the site?

Venfayth

The last ranbats crashed and burned because people aren't grown up enough to actually show up for their matches, or maybe because BV doesn't know how spreadsheets work, we'll never know!

<3 u bv :D

None going right now though.

Cataract

Neo Member
Well, dang. If anyone starts something like that up again, I'd be glad to help organize/run/whatever is needed.

I've actually got some free time for the next two hours. Anyone interested in PC matches?

Hey guys, just got the OK to post on NeoGaf and wanted to post in here. I play on PC and PS3 right now (although I prefer the former), and main Honda, with a Seth and Ryu on the side. I hope to get some matches in with you all soon enough!

Are there any ranbats or tournaments that you guys do via the site?

sup. honda main as well, but only on PS3. i kind of dropped the game for marvel until the ver.2013 patch comes out, but feel free to add me on PSN (kevo_huevo). i like to mess around with dee jay, bison, guile, ryu.

Dhalsim

• Two hits on his far standing middle kick, so opponents can't free focus.
• Damage increase on back plus hard kick.
• Reduce push-back on back plus medium kick.
• Damage increase on far standing hard punch.
• Increase hit-stun on light and medium slide kick.
• Damage increase on EX Yoga Flame.
• Increase speed of Yoga Drill.

I only use the middlekick as a pre-emtive antiair or longer poke than standing medium punch.
dhalsim-standing-medium-kick.jpg

Having it as a two hit make it good against focus happy giefs and makotos. I wonder how deep the kick has to be for it to be two hits.

Man, those possible Sim changes sound awesome.

xCobalt

That 2 hit limb will never pass. The matchups that sim excels in will only be more lopsided. Buffing a character should improve on their weaknesses, not make their strengths stronger. Buffing sim's damage and close normals seems like good changes.

jlai

Dhalsim

• Two hits on his far standing middle kick, so opponents can't free focus.
• Damage increase on back plus hard kick.
• Reduce push-back on back plus medium kick.
• Damage increase on far standing hard punch.
• Increase hit-stun on light and medium slide kick.
• Damage increase on EX Yoga Flame.
• Increase speed of Yoga Drill.

I only use the middlekick as a pre-emtive antiair or longer poke than standing medium punch.
dhalsim-standing-medium-kick.jpg

Having it as a two hit make it good against focus happy giefs and makotos. I wonder how deep the kick has to be for it to be two hits.

Man, those possible Sim changes sound awesome.

When I play Sim I like to stand at the range where MK whiffs right over their head and keep spamming it until they move.

RIP Mak FA dash Karakusa. At least I'll still have my full screen S.MP buffer EX hayates!!

Those discussed Vega changes would actually make him a lot better too. Paging AZ Greg

Vega
• Increase active frames on crouching hard punch so it works better as an anti-air.
• Cosmic Heel to be changed back to how it was in Super.
• Crouching light punch have more hit-stun.
• Reduce startup of crouching medium punch by 1-frame.
• More invincibility on EX Scarlet Terror.
• Reduce startup on Splendid Claw.

That 2 hit limb will never pass. The matchups that sim excels in will only be more lopsided. Buffing a character should improve on their weaknesses, not make their strengths stronger. Buffing sim's damage and close normals seems like good changes.

The way the hit box is positioned it will help against his worst matchup - HAKAN. It will hit his dome and get rid of that focus dash.

Vega
&#8226; Reduce startup of crouching medium punch by 1-frame.

:mad:

jlai

The way the hit box is positioned it will help against his worst matchup - HAKAN. It will hit his dome and get rid of that focus dash.

Vega

That would make it a 3F C.MP right? Well if Sak can have a 3F close fierce why shouldn't everyone else! Sak wakeup close fierce online is OP

xCobalt

Vega

I always thought viper or cammy was sim's worst matchup. Everytime I see a sim player get blown up by hakan, I usually assume they have no idea what to do in that matchup. No one really does lol.

jlai

Where were those Sim changes posted? Is this happening? Are things happening? What's happening??

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...otential-changes-vega-and-dhalsim-sf4-update/

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...s-japan-part-6-ibuki-makoto-t-hawk-oni-hakan/

Ayano: The most visible requests for Makoto have been for a 3F light punch/kick, full invincibility on Oroshi, and for Abare Tosanami to be nerfed. As Makoto is a character designed for offensive rush down, we&#8217;ll keep this in mind when balancing her.

:B

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...otential-changes-vega-and-dhalsim-sf4-update/

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...s-japan-part-6-ibuki-makoto-t-hawk-oni-hakan/

Ayano: The most visible requests for Makoto have been for a 3F light punch/kick, full invincibility on Oroshi, and for Abare Tosanami to be nerfed. As Makoto is a character designed for offensive rush down, we’ll keep this in mind when balancing her.

:B

Why the fuck do people want his SRK to juggle? For christ's sake, if you want to SRK > FADC juggle, then pick a different character.

xCobalt

Is there a way to test in training mode how many frames a move is positive on block? I'm trying to determine frame advantage after FADC a move.

Kioshen

Is there a way to test in training mode how many frames a move is positive on block? I'm trying to determine frame advantage after FADC a move.

1. Set dummy all block
  2. Do move on dummy
  3. Pause right away on contact
  4. Set dummy to jump
  5. Unpause and hold up
  6. Looks who jumps first and eyeball by how much
  7. ???
  8. PROFIT!

Top Bottom