• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
BotoxAgent said:
yeah, so far PC player pool is small when I first played it. And most of them weren't very good and got the fivepeat achievement first try....I stopped at 8 wins and still haven't lost *crosses fingers*

Ah, so that's why jlai is like top 10 in PP on PC.

XiqAX.jpg

Aedile

I seem to remember that it was impossible to mute the sound in PC SF4, and I can't find a way to do so in PC AE either. Am I overlooking something really obvious, or is "turn the sound down kinda low" the lowest option available?

I'm KoalaTacos on GFWL. Always up for games.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Aedile said:
I seem to remember that it was impossible to mute the sound in PC SF4, and I can't find a way to do so in PC AE either. Am I overlooking something really obvious, or is "turn the sound down kinda low" the lowest option available?

I'm KoalaTacos on GFWL. Always up for games.
If you're using Windows 7, you can always just go to the sound mixer and turn off the SF4 volume there.

Lost Fragment said:
Ah, so that's why jlai is like top 10 in PP on PC.

XiqAX.jpg

is that jlai?

I am already like the 70th ranked guy after 8 games, lol

rivals - Ill keep a lookout for you. Hopefully our connection will be good.

BotoxAgent said:
is that jlai?

I am already like the 70th ranked guy after 8 games, lol

rivals - Ill keep a lookout for you. Hopefully our connection will be good.

I was doing ok, was on my way to the 3k PP range, but then I decided to play Saty like 50+ times in ranked and lost 90% of the time. Since he has much more PP, I actually didn't lose that much PP overall. But my win rate got much worse and I did lose about 300 or so from that experience. So in other words, I'm helping Saty boost.

BTW, I'm RiceEater483 on GFWL, same as on Xbox Live.

Rice-Eater said:
I was doing ok, was on my way to the 3k PP range, but then I decided to play Saty like 50+ times in ranked and 90% of the time. Since he has much more PP, I actually didn't lose that much PP overall. But my win rate got much worse and I did lose about 300 or so from that experience. So in other words, I'm helping Saty boost.

BTW, I'm RiceEater483 on GFWL, same as on Xbox Live.

yeah, I don't want to play Saty and AZGreg and DBJ anymore. They make me feel like shit, lol

I am new to GFWL, but since we're Live friends already you should be on my GFWL list already right?

The timing for the PC version feels a bit different, maybe more responsive? or is it just me? I was dropping a lot of links in training mode that I thought have been second nature to me by now.

Fosh

Neo Member
Momochi mentions that he thinks Latif is really good. That's comforting after all of the hate that he was getting after EVO. People were acting like he got 2nd place by just spamming ex seismo :(

DRE Fei

SamVimes said:
No, record Abel against a shoto and then mash dp during the blockstring.
I just tested this, and c.lk x 3 is indeed a true blockstring from abel. Cannot mash through it. I knew it was good! I still think Ken beats him though.

vulva

Fosh said:
Momochi mentions that he thinks Latif is really good. That's comforting after all of the hate that he was getting after EVO. People were acting like he got 2nd place by just spamming ex seismo :(
maybe momochi means he's really good at mashing ex seismo

jman2050

Fosh said:

But he did get 2nd place by just spamming ex seismo!

HOLY SHIT
How did i not play juri before? She has fucking everything. I just beat 120 gen in my first ranked match no sweat. Excellent zoning tools, excellent mobility, she can parry, has great dashes, a decent cross up, the list goes on and on. Even her health isnt that bad with the amount of tools she has. Her super isnt great, but with all the uses for ex, I doubt most juri mains use it anyways

Can someone teach me some Juri strats? I think i'm in love

Onion_Relish said:
HOLY SHIT
How did i not play juri before? She has fucking everything. I just beat 120 gen in my first ranked match no sweat. Excellent zoning tools, excellent mobility, she can parry, has great dashes, a decent cross up, the list goes on and on. Even her health isnt that bad with the amount of tools she has. Her super isnt great, but with all the uses for ex, I doubt most juri mains use it anyways

disgunbgud.gif

Onion_Relish said:
HOLY SHIT

welcome to the easy part. fighting people who dont know what she can do.

the true hell awaits you in the people who dont CARE what she can do and try to go in anyway. you did pick up on something. super is only for guarenteed match ending finishes the ex meter is much more important. her defense is bad. he health is so-so. she doesnt get many dizzies and if you do stun someone its because you were all over them like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a blizzard. this of course means you wont be able to kill them off that stun considering how little damage juri does and how damage scaling works you'll only shave off a little more health.

Its the learning how to deal with a bad situation that is going to fuck you over.

LProtag

Okay, I'm going to need some help soon, haha. I did a good amount of practice with inputs and then tried about 15 or so battles online and won one of them, haha. I can't execute at all in the middle of a battle.

Edit: Also for some reason I can't find back down when trying to do moves. My HCB's are coming out but the input is showing I'm not hitting the back down. I'm trying not to ride the gate so I guess I have to find that sweet spot.

Onion_Relish said:
HOLY SHIT

Welcome to the club. Unfortunately for juri she doesn't have a universal strategy unless you count getting someone into the corner for pressure... which is pretty universal for every sf4 character.

I mainly use the super to blow up whiffed dp's and crouch techs but only to end the round or get them in deep red status.

LProtag

I got stopped on way too much tonight. I should probably stick to offline. I probably played a good hour of matches and only won one. Haha.

GGs rice!! Your evil ryu is strong!! I never fought that many evil ryu that know what they're doing. I had a hard time.

rivals, sorry...I'll hit you up next time

BotoxAgent said:
GGs rice!! Your evil ryu is strong!! I never fought that many evil ryu that know what they're doing. I had a hard time.

rivals, sorry...I'll hit you up next time

Oh, you're Jenova? LOL, I completely forgot. I wish there were more things I could have tried against you, but they either didn't work on Guy or you weren't doing quick get up.

BTW, the LK axe kick that I'm doing. In case you didn't know it's -7 on block, easily punishable if I don't space it correctly. Watch out for that next time if we face each other again.

Rice-Eater said:
Oh, you're Jenova? LOL, I completely forgot. I wish there were more things I could have tried against you, but they either didn't work on Guy or you weren't doing quick get up.

BTW, the LK axe kick that I'm doing. In case you didn't know it's -7 on block, easily punishable if I don't space it correctly. Watch out for that next time if we face each other again.

yeah, i "felt" that the axe kick was unsafe, but it just wasn't happenin for me....the lag was gettin in the way i think

anyway, twas fun :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Imm0rt4l said:
Its amazing just how far the twins can take a mediocre player.

AZ Greg

jlai said:
It was late and was having trouble getting it recorded so I kept skipped the rounds to save myself time. I also should've skipped the 2nd round that time I double perfected you HEYO

<3

Azure J

Why for the love of God is it the hardest thing for me to land Makoto's corner combo EX Hayate to (I'm guessing) Light Fukiage combo? Flashy as shit and so needed in light of my brother leveling up his goddamned Oni & now picking up fucking Yun-verine (after experiencing this character for real today, its just mind-boggling how he can exist in the same game as like 90% of the cast), but the up punch comes out so late. It gets so bad that now I'm trying to mash that shit out in training mode with no luck. :(

Halp.

And it's looking like Makoto, Fei Long & C. Viper for my main trio for anyone interested.

LProtag

AzureJericho said:
Why for the love of God is it the hardest thing for me to land Makoto's corner combo EX Hayate to (I'm guessing) Light Fukiage combo? Flashy as shit and so needed in light of my brother leveling up his goddamned Oni & now picking up fucking Yun-verine (after experiencing this character for real today, its just mind-boggling how he can exist in the same game as like 90% of the cast), but the up punch comes out so late. It gets so bad that now I'm trying to mash that shit out in training mode with no luck. :(

Halp.

And it's looking like Makoto, Fei Long & C. Viper for my main trio for anyone interested.

I have no idea. Day one of me playing Makoto and I totally suck. Haha. I can get knockdowns but I can't capitalize on them at all. I haven't even landed a Karakusa.

Imm0rt4l

Rentahamster said:
It's fine since they feel extra shitty after they get their ass kicked by Dhalsim.
yea thats a really shitty match. I was playing on stream and the host asked that I face this Yang player, I didn't know he was a yang player at the time. People were like "this is gonna be a good match"....and I'm like "lol no it isn't". I wasn't even mad that I lost but that the guy tried to downplay me like it was an even matchup, "I'm like are you fucking kidding me?". Bullcat doesn't even want to deal with that bullshit.

Even today I was playing one of the top Yuns on the psn leaderboard and I get shutdown hard. And because I switched to dudley(beat him handily), he thinks I'm being disrespectful in not picking my main. smh.

Azure J

InsertNameHere said:
I have no idea. Day one of me playing Makoto and I totally suck. Haha. I can get knockdowns but I can't capitalize on them at all. I haven't even landed a Karakusa.

Heh, at one point, my furthest understanding of capitalizing on knockdowns was baiting a safe distance FA3 -> Karakusa -> Hayate -> EX Oroshi (praying that this came out faster than their options). :lol

Right now, I'm using a lot of forward heavy kick to get that ghetto crossup after they hit the ground, but it's infuriating trying to get that regularly against flowchart shotos should you miss a dash or space yourself too far. Fucking shoto-fiend brother.

Yeah, I'm enjoying this learning period, even if I wanna be all flashy already. :lol

What I do is mix up with an Oroshi or a sweep, like, I sweep them twice, and on the third knockdown I Oroshi instead. Every once in a while I do the whiff lk->karakusa after a f.hk crossup too.

Azure J

SolarKnight said:
What I do is mix up with an Oroshi or a sweep, like, I sweep them twice, and on the third knockdown I Oroshi instead. Every once in a while I do the whiff lk->karakusa after a f.hk crossup too.

Better than me just because you use the Kara Karakusa. I'm still trying to get that timing down too. I do feel a bit better for learning to sweep after a short jab string instead of going for longer stuff. While we're talking about this, there's also the idea that I need to start using jabs more (I always kinda "pick" at my options rather than keep pressure up when I need to get someone off me; I also get weirded out using s.MP which is so fucking useful, go figure :p) and Hayate cancels never get me anywhere, I hate it when people call my bluffs while I'm learning. :(

LProtag

SolarKnight said:
You should use s.mp more often if you don‘t already, it‘s damn good.

I do.

I feel like I need to note here that I've only had the game and a fightstick for maybe 6 hours, haha.

Top Bottom