• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Congrats Rice. I thought you were going to get married around EVO time? Anyway, this calls for a wedding present. I'll think of something.

The original plan was for it be around June but we moved it up to May, no biggies though. But I spent quite a bit anyways so attending EVO was always out of the question unfortunately. Thanks again to everybody who said congrats to me.

As for PS3 sticks working on PC, my TE-S stick worked on my old PC but not my new one. So I can only use my Qanba currently, good thing it's my preferred stick to take to tournaments.

LakeEarth

Thanks guys, I will look into silent buttons. My only worry now is myself. I might rage and yell while playing which will still bug her and keep her awake.

My g/f has the same problem, except it's not so much the button tapping as it is my screeching voice yelling at the TV to die.

Man I've been absent from this game since getting married. Oh yeah, if you didn't know, I got married a couple of weeks ago. My late night sessions are all but gone now since the wife doesn't like to be annoyed while trying to sleep. Hopefully I can still catch some of you guys during the day or early night time(before midnight).

Congrats, Rice-Eater! Time to teach your wife how to play!

And early congrats to you, too, BotoxAgent!

Congrats Rice!!

I am next, gonna get married next year (no set date yet). Hopefully, it doesn't mean less vidya.

Did you not just read Rice's previous response?

both you and rice are gonna have to hold that L to yo chest and have to master your footsies around your wives for that vidya rush!

haha j/k congrats to you too!

lol, thanks guys :)

My g/f has already commandeered the television most of the nights, so most of my SFIV playing is on PC now.

Rice, it's been a long time since you kicked my ass in this game. Hope to catch you online sometime :)

LakeEarth

with a WII U you wont need a TV yo!

Awesome, now I can play .... ummm ... urrrr... uhhhhh.... without a TV!

The 3DS/Vita choice was actually tough, cause I have some PSone downloads that I want to play (eg, FFIX) and could've played off it. But I've had a half-decade Nintendo break, so I was ready to jump back in.

I think this is why I play fighting games (and arcade games). Because I can slip in a half-hour gaming session here and there. It's one of the few genres where you can do that.

Onemic

I think this is why I play fighting games (and arcade games). Because I can slip in a half-hour gaming session here and there. It's one of the few genres where you can do that.

Exactly why I like them so much. I can't do it with any other genre. I remember when I used to be into RTS and TBS games and one session would take at the very least 15 minutes. One match in a fighting game can be over in 1 minute.

played for about an hour last night and got my T Hawk up from 1100 to 1700. Even took out some 9000+ Ryu's. Only match ups I really had trouble was playing Chun Li and Ken players. I had to switch to E Honda to stand a chance

Westlo

Yeah for a long time pretty much the only console games I play is SFIV and NBA 2k, for that I can just play half an hour factor.. of course most of the time it ends up being much longer...

kadey1up? moar liek, kadeytickthrow BibleThump! ggs!

EDIT:

I hadnt won a match against a certain Sagat player since the ranbats. personal goal achieved!

EDIT2: pc crashed just as i was getting into it! RUNBACK!

Venfayth

Raida is a god vs T Hawk. Throw invincible and has a great hitbox, and puts you at fullscreen when it hits. You can use it to AA his Condor Dive and grab his Condor Spire.

Ken

Any tips for getting down links? I'm trying to learn Dudley's cLP cLP sHK xx Ex MGB and it's hard to be consistent with it.

Beckx

Back up and running on PS3, up for matches on either PS3 or 360, if you like playing in the lower tiers of the alphabet.

Any tips for getting down links? I'm trying to learn Dudley's cLP cLP sHK xx Ex MGB and it's hard to be consistent with it.

*I* don't have any tips but there's some good plinking videos out there.

I was just playing Chaotix, he was consistently hit confirming me into MGB with a single jab. How do people react that quickly? It still surprises me when ever I saw PR Rog confirming one jab into short xx headbutt when his opponent is trying to frame trap him. I always need at least two hit for real confirmation when I'm not going for a punish.

Ken, just gotta grind that shit in the training room until the timing is natural to you. Learning how to plink or double tap also helps as it gives you more of a chance to hit your link. I think plinking is easier than double tapping though, I still can't do that shit.

Onemic

I was just playing Chaotix, he was consistently hit confirming me into MGB with a single jab. How do people react that quickly? It still surprises me when ever I saw PR Rog confirming one jab into short xx headbutt when his opponent is trying to frame trap him. I always need at least two hit for real confirmation when I'm not going for a punish.

Ken, just gotta grind that shit in the training room until the timing is natural to you. Learning how to plink or double tap also helps as it gives you more of a chance to hit your link. I think plinking is easier than double tapping though, I still can't do that shit.

what is double tapping exactly? if it's just literally double tapping a button, dooesn't that not do anything in terms of helping to hit links, since the system in place has it so that if you double tap the button is registered 3 frames after the previous button?

xCobalt

Reacting is not that bad if you're buffering the special move.

what is double tapping exactly? if it's just literally double tapping a button, dooesn't that not do anything in terms of helping to hit links, since the system in place has it so that if you double tap the button is registered 3 frames after the previous button?

Double tapping helps if you did your first input too early and nothing comes out.

Ken

I looked up plinking and I can do cLP sHK a lot more reliably now, although trying to do 6HK sHK seems a lot harder. D:

cHaotix8

Reacting is not that bad if you're buffering the special move.

That and I usually kinda know when something is going to hit, so it makes it that much easier to confirm.

A lot of it boils to down to understand why you're pressing a button. Is it to counterhit/catch them walking forward/trying to jump? Is it to bait them into trying to counterpoke or maintain your spacing? Once you understand why you are making your button presses makes it so much easier to hit confirm.

On the other hand, you have those times where you press a button that you can normally combo off of but don't because you didn't expect it to hit, which suuuuuuuucks.

I looked up plinking and I can do cLP sHK a lot more reliably now, although trying to do 6HK sHK seems a lot harder. D:

That one is a one frame link, so if you plink it, it can be 2-3 frameish. Honestly, just go for 6HK > cr. LP > HK until you get confident in the link. The additional damage isn't worth the risk until you're completely confident in your execution. Even then, it's still kinda risky due to the nature of the character and how hard it is to actually get in and get your damage. :/

xCobalt

On the other hand, you have those times where you press a button that you can normally combo off of but don't because you didn't expect it to hit, which suuuuuuuucks.

There are too many times where I've tried to throw an opponent after landing a jump fierce or whatever.

Top Bottom