• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

xCobalt

1. Set dummy all block
  2. Do move on dummy
  3. Pause right away on contact
  4. Set dummy to jump
  5. Unpause and hold up
  6. Looks who jumps first and eyeball by how much
  7. ???
  8. PROFIT!

Thanks, I'll try that. I've been doing it the long way by recording the move and using it as a frame trap. Assuming my timing is perfect, I can tell how many frames I'm at if the moves trade. Hard part is the perfect timing.

1. Set dummy all block
  2. Do move on dummy
  3. Pause right away on contact
  4. Set dummy to jump
  5. Unpause and hold up
  6. Looks who jumps first and eyeball by how much
  7. ???
  8. PROFIT!

This is how I would do it. I use the same method in KoF XIII to test frame advantage, except it's easier in that game because there's an option to set the dummy to jump right after they block a move.

Venfayth

Or just when you record them doing the move, hold up yourself as the dummy for a few seconds. Easier than setting it to jump in the pause menu.

xCobalt

Isn't there frame data that contains that info?

Possibly but I haven't seen it. I've been playing gouken for so long and I just found out that focus cancelling the first hit of EX palm on block is pretty safe. I've always focus cancelled the second hit and back dashed which works well since reversals whiff completely but fast, long reaching normals will often hit. Haven't done too much testing buts it's at least even on block, possibly +1.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hai guyz what's up I haven't been keeping up with much SF news lately but -

Dhalsim

• Two hits on his far standing middle kick, so opponents can't free focus.
• Damage increase on back plus hard kick.
• Reduce push-back on back plus medium kick.
• Damage increase on far standing hard punch.
• Increase hit-stun on light and medium slide kick.
• Damage increase on EX Yoga Flame.
• Increase speed of Yoga Drill.

I only use the middlekick as a pre-emtive antiair or longer poke than standing medium punch.
dhalsim-standing-medium-kick.jpg

Having it as a two hit make it good against focus happy giefs and makotos. I wonder how deep the kick has to be for it to be two hits.

Man, those possible Sim changes sound awesome.

HOLY SHIT

:O

It depends on what they mean by that buff for Dhalsim. If you only get two hits when your opponent is pretty close to you, that's fine. But their is no way he should get two hits at mid screen for example. I'd much prefer if one of his close normals was buffed to be 2 hits instead of the far ones. If you use focus to try and get in on Dhalsim, but you're too far to hit him with it then he shouldn't be able to break the focus either with a limb.

And Vega with a 3 frame cr. MP, are you fucking kidding me? Can't they just make his jab +5 instead if Vega players wants the link to be easier? A normal with that much range shouldn't be that fast.

xCobalt

Whoever reported those Vega changes were mistaken. The main change was to make cr.lp into cr.mp a 2 frame link. This could be accomplished by increasing hit stun of cr.lp or reducing startup of cr.mp. They could also reduce recovery of cr.lp which combofiend didn't mention.

Dhalsim

• Two hits on his far standing middle kick, so opponents can't free focus.
• Damage increase on back plus hard kick.
• Reduce push-back on back plus medium kick.
• Damage increase on far standing hard punch.
• Increase hit-stun on light and medium slide kick.
• Damage increase on EX Yoga Flame.
• Increase speed of Yoga Drill.

I only use the middlekick as a pre-emtive antiair or longer poke than standing medium punch.
dhalsim-standing-medium-kick.jpg

Having it as a two hit make it good against focus happy giefs and makotos. I wonder how deep the kick has to be for it to be two hits.

Man, those possible Sim changes sound awesome.

yo that buff scares the absolute shit out of me. Sim players can usually keep me locked on the other side of the screen, so random focuses usually kept me on somewhat even footing. but having this type of move that hits far, is anti-air, and can cancel focus is nuts.

yo that buff scares the absolute shit out of me. Sim players can usually keep me locked on the other side of the screen, so random focuses usually kept me on somewhat even footing. but having this type of move that hits far, is anti-air, and can cancel focus is nuts.

More bothered about what it could mean for me if B+MK gets less pushback honestly. The one thing that gives me a decent way in besides guess and make him trade with slide is that EX SK is not able to be punished that hard by sim on block (oddly enough trying to focus anything but his stand fierce doesn't usually work too well). Gives me a way in with meter.

back to 2000 PP

and the icing on the cake it was against the top 13th Vega and the one dude who just absolutely wailed on me nonstop in endless! so tasty!

MIMIC

Banned
That moment when you don't know whether you're being trolled, or just having an off-game against someone who's mashing

That moment when you don't know whether you're being trolled, or just having an off-game against someone who's mashing

A friend of mine thought I was trolling him when we played a bunch of offline games because I was constantly beating him with Hawk. It got to a point where he said "STOP TROLLING ME ALREADY" and I had to explain to him that Hawk was my main.

Makoto and Yun are gonna be top 5 if those posts from the devs are anything to go by.

Dat SF4: 3rd Strike.

For Makoto I see a bunch of small buffs. I don't play the character so I don't know how that will affect her. But I guess it can only be good. For Yun, all they listed was U2 and his health to be buffed. It helps, but that's not going to make him top tier. He'll still be good like he is now, but those aren't game changers. If they returned his DK recovery to 4f again, then we're talking.

Ken best shoto

Dat 3rd strike

I think the suggestions Combo sent in had a lot of buffs. And not the useless kind, very good buffs. The Japanese blog, not so much. But still it sounds like he's only going to get better if anything.

OceanBlue

I think the suggestions Combo sent in had a lot of buffs. And not the useless kind, very good buffs. The Japanese blog, not so much. But still it sounds like he's only going to get better if anything.

I looked for the Eventhubs article about the Ken buffs Combofiend suggested and decided to read the comments.

I'm not a good player or anything, but oh my god are these people serious?

Westlo

Well an increase in walk speed and his ability to combo into sweep again is massive, if that's all he gets he's better than AE where he was arguably the top shoto.

Onemic

For Makoto I see a bunch of small buffs. I don't play the character so I don't know how that will affect her. But I guess it can only be good. For Yun, all they listed was U2 and his health to be buffed. It helps, but that's not going to make him top tier. He'll still be good like he is now, but those aren't game changers. If they returned his DK recovery to 4f again, then we're talking.

they better. Yang too.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

A 3f st.lk for Makoto would be fucking insane considering its range + blockakusa. But if they give her a 3f short it'll probably be cr.lk or something.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Let's play Veggie.

I had to clean out Ken's alts because he was killing the game.

About to throw up lobbies again.

Threi

notag
what the hell is wrong with people online (especially on PC)

I cant even get a damn match without someone popping off like an idiot. (win or lose, its usually they lose a bunch, win once, and then kick)

I really think the lack of comp on PC gets to their heads and they wind up thinking they are way better than they actually are.

Is it so hard to just play a set and if you are done say you are done and "ggs"? No need to act like a fucking asshole.

what the hell is wrong with people online (especially on PC)

I cant even get a damn match without someone popping off like an idiot. (win or lose, its usually they lose a bunch, win once, and then kick)

I really think the lack of comp on PC gets to their heads and they wind up thinking they are way better than they actually are.

Is it so hard to just play a set and if you are done say you are done and "ggs"? No need to act like a fucking asshole.

Threi pls.

I have my messaging set to friends only. Now I just get friends popping off. No other riff raff to deal with

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PC version is so damn dead. I been convincing everybody I run into to get it. Just played somebody who couldn't block burn kicks properly ragequit. It's sad because it is the best running version. Plenty of people on PSN, my lobbies always get full there but the lag is unbearable at times.

Man I've been absent from this game since getting married. Oh yeah, if you didn't know, I got married a couple of weeks ago. My late night sessions are all but gone now since the wife doesn't like to be annoyed while trying to sleep. Hopefully I can still catch some of you guys during the day or early night time(before midnight).

Man I've been absent from this game since getting married. Oh yeah, if you didn't know, I got married a couple of weeks ago. My late night sessions are all but gone now since the wife doesn't like to be annoyed while trying to sleep. Hopefully I can still catch some of you guys during the day or early night time(before midnight).

Grats. Time for silent buttons?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Congrats!

Kioshen

Congratulations !

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™

Congrats RE!

Damn I wanna play again (getting the itch) but my internet... my internet *sniff*... won't let me happily play :(

Venfayth

Congrats man!

Grats. Time for silent buttons?

Yup. BV knows bout dat wife and dat silent buttons.

I've modded mine with silent buttons and led based stick pcb ... my wife still gives me shit for making noises when playing :(.

Well, mah wife stopped bitching once I got dem silent buttons. Life is well in the BV household. (^_^)

Edit: Congrats Rice. You now know bout dat married life.

Thanks guys, I will look into silent buttons. My only worry now is myself. I might rage and yell while playing which will still bug her and keep her awake.

Congrats on the marriage. As a married man myself I use the pad controller to play late nights and moved the PS3 to another TV in the room so my wife can still listen to her shows while trying to get some sleep. I learn E Honda and Blanka well from using pad. Good Luck!!!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Congrats Rice. I thought you were going to get married around EVO time? Anyway, this calls for a wedding present. I'll think of something.

Last night started off slow but it ended up pretty fun. PSN is T.Hawk country and PC is Akuma country. Aqua was in the stream chat for a little while. Was trying to get him to play but it seems he doesn't like PC version. I like fighting really good grapplers.
Now that I have a dual lobby setup, it's harder for me to play on PC because I lay my stick on a table, which is custom done to my height perfectly next to my chair. The PS3 stick occupies that so I have to put the PC stick on top of my table. It's like 3 inches higher so certain moves are harder to perform because of my wrist and arm being elevated higher than it should be. I also tried playing on my lap but that too is awkward because I have to lower my wrist and arm as well as dealing with the small amount of room in between my PC chair. First world problems.

Onemic

Congrats Rice. I thought you were going to get married around EVO time? Anyway, this calls for a wedding present. I'll think of something.

Last night started off slow but it ended up pretty fun. PSN is T.Hawk country and PC is Akuma country. Aqua was in the stream chat for a little while. Was trying to get him to play but it seems he doesn't like PC version. I like fighting really good grapplers.
Now that I have a dual lobby setup, it's harder for me to play on PC because I lay my stick on a table, which is custom done to my height perfectly next to my chair. The PS3 stick occupies that so I have to put the PC stick on top of my table. It's like 3 inches higher so certain moves are harder to perform because of my wrist and arm being elevated higher than it should be. I also tried playing on my lap but that too is awkward because I have to lower my wrist and arm as well as dealing with the small amount of room in between my PC chair. First world problems.

Don't PS3 sticks also work on PC? Mine does.

OceanBlue

Congratulations Rice Eater! Hopefully you can find a way to play without bothering your wife. Maybe you should try holding in the rage, lol. ;)

Was trying to get him to play but it seems he doesn't like PC version.

Did he say why? I'm kinda curious.

Speaking of which, I was playing on a friend's CRT+360 last week and I couldn't time anything properly. I kept doing things during my move recovery or dash recovery ;_;. I guess I've gotten too used to online timing.

Don't PS3 sticks also work on PC? Mine does.

Mine didn't until I got it dual-modded. I think I have a Round One Madcatz stick.

Top Bottom