• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Anybody play sf4 on pc? Looking for some more training partners, My steam name is irfaanator if you guys want to add me there or firetross for gwfl

OceanBlue

Anybody play sf4 on pc? Looking for some more training partners, My steam name is irfaanator if you guys want to add me there or firetross for gwfl

I'm Kokiacolor on GWFL, but I probably won't be playing for a week or two since I'm borrowing my friend's PS2 Hori stick and it sucks. :|

Onemic

I play off and on. Currently frustrated a bit with GG so Im back to playing this

GFWL: onem1c Steam: onemic

Cataract

Neo Member
I actually need to fix my stick. When I installed my Cerberus, I cut some wires too short, and now my stick is dropping inputs maybe two weeks after the install. I'm assuming/hoping it has to do with those wires, which I can assume I can just solder on more wire to act as an extension so I can make better connections to the Cerberus.

Ono tweeted about EVO, suggesting he'd say something there.

New announcement: Super Street Fighter 4: PS4 Edition Version 2013

Do it Capcom, I want to continue playing this game on next gen consoles. And finally at crystal clear 1080p like I've been doing on PC. And chances are we may not even have to buy new sticks since our old ones will probably still work on PS4.

Beckx

So Kadey, you've seen my gimmicky Hakan. I feel like I can do one thing with him (c.mk, slide, press, gimmick oil dive) and that's it. After I lost my focus I couldn't even do that. :p (I don't want to talk about that E.Ryu match. (._.))

Trying to decide whether to stick with him or move to a character with a few more options. This is what happens to me in SF: I get stuck inside my own head. I'll start a character, like their basic options, then spend too much time watching high level play or reading high level combos which are generally beyond my skill level. Then convince myself that if I can't do those, I should just move on.

So I've ended up playing a character where I can do exactly one effective thing. Feels scrubby.

Onemic

So Kadey, you've seen my gimmicky Hakan. I feel like I can do one thing with him (c.mk, slide, press, gimmick oil dive) and that's it. After I lost my focus I couldn't even do that. :p (I don't want to talk about that E.Ryu match. (._.))

Trying to decide whether to stick with him or move to a character with a few more options. This is what happens to me in SF: I get stuck inside my own head. I'll start a character, like their basic options, then spend too much time watching high level play or reading high level combos which are generally beyond my skill level. Then convince myself that if I can't do those, I should just move on.

So I've ended up playing a character where I can do exactly one effective thing. Feels scrubby.

wanna play?

AutumnAve

Add notinmyneighbor. I play flowcharts Idookie :{

Yes you do.
jomXjYa.jpg

That was a fun session. Good games to everyone.

It started with such promise, I don't know how to keep up (for me) a super high level of intensity for more than two or three matches in a stretch. I was falling asleep by the end, but super late night SF is best SF.

Played Guile for the first time last night. Two questions:
1) What does it mean when a move has "pursuit"?
2) f.LK and f.MK are both supposedly projectile invincible, but I can't get that to happen at all. I recorded Ryu spamming Hadoken H, and I haven't been able to kick through a single projectile. What gives?

2) f.LK and f.MK are both supposedly projectile invincible, but I can't get that to happen at all. I recorded Ryu spamming Hadoken H, and I haven't been able to kick through a single projectile. What gives?

I'm pretty it is regarding Sagat's low tiger shot only.

AutumnAve

In sum: it means that the move will set the opponent up (if they are not set up optimally already) after the first hit in such a way that the subsequent hits of the move will hit after you connect with the first hit. Ryu's EX tatsu is an example.

Answer taken from here

f.LK is "6~20f lower body strike and projectile invincible"
f.MK is "1~29f lower body strike and projectile invincible"
the 6th through the 20th frame for f.LK and the 1st through 29th is projectile inv. for f.MK thats a very short period of time.
From SRK's Wiki

Onemic

In sum: it means that the move will set the opponent up (if they are not set up optimally already) after the first hit in such a way that the subsequent hits of the move will hit after you connect with the first hit. Ryu's EX tatsu is an example.

Answer taken from here

the 6th through the 20th frame for f.LK and the 1st through 29th is projectile inv. for f.MK thats a very short period of time.
From SRK's Wiki

Look at this motherfucker, acting as if he got dat SF knowledge. In the back of your mind, all you see are upkicks.

Answer taken from here
So like a cinematic hyper in Marvel?

From SRK's Wiki
What projectiles only hit the lower body area aside from Sagat's Tiger Shot?

xCobalt

Pursuit properties are weird. There are times where Ryu's EX tatsu will simply stop hitting and the opponent will be left standing. Not sure if that was fixed in 2012

The projectiles don't have to be low for Guile to avoid them. It just needs travel between his invul frames. Some fireballs can't be avoided because they're just too slow and will hit Guile's back. However, you can hop over Guile's EX sonic boom since its so fast.

Pursuit properties are weird. There are times where Ryu's EX tatsu will simply stop hitting and the opponent will be left standing. Not sure if that was fixed in 2012

The projectiles don't have to be low for Guile to avoid them. It just needs travel between his invul frames. Some fireballs can't be avoided because they're just too slow and will hit Guile's back. However, you can hop over Guile's EX sonic boom since its so fast.
I tried for like 10 minutes to go through Ryu's Hadoken H. Does it have to be faster than that?

xCobalt

I tried for like 10 minutes to go through Ryu's Hadoken H. Does it have to be faster than that?

Yeah, definitely. You're probably better off doing something else to get around fireballs. You can just block, do your own sonic boom (or EX so the second hit will catch the opponent's recovery frames) or just focus them. If the opponent is bad at spacing fireballs, you can focus absorb the fireball, dash forward and throw them as well. Can't forget Guile's forward fierce too, that can reach opponents from close to mid screen.

Yeah, definitely. You're probably better off doing something else to get around fireballs. You can just block, do your own sonic boom (or EX so the second hit will catch the opponent's recovery frames) or just focus them. If the opponent is bad at spacing fireballs, you can focus absorb the fireball, dash forward and throw them as well. Can't forget Guile's forward fierce too, that can reach opponents from close to mid screen.
I'm super new to SSFIVAE, so tell me, when I focus attack something, what should I do after that with Guile? It seems like if I FA, Guile will attack after he is hit once. Can I combo off of that? Or should I always cancel my FA into a dash for a custom combo?

Top Bottom