• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

toypop said:
http://i.imgur.com/vEVxS.jpg[img]
(Pre Godsgarden 4 )
Poongko on AE right now in Tokyo.
Today's notable matches.

vs Nemo 12 : 12
vs Mago 2 : 3
vs Daigo 3 : 11 or 4 : 11 (if one "NO NAME" Seth match was him)

Games between Daigo are still going on.[/QUOTE]

where can i watch?

Chavelo said:
Not that it matters, really. Yoshi breaks all of his sticks in the end. :3
He doesn't break them, he throws them away.

If Wolfkrone did better at Evo, I'm sure he's post another rage pic of his TE in the trash ans his almighty dualshock gleaming in the spotlight.

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:
He doesn't break them, he throws them away.

If Wolfkrone did better at Evo, I'm sure he's post another rage pic of his TE in the trash ans his almighty dualshock gleaming in the spotlight.

He DEFINITELY breaks his keyboards. He's posted pictures of them after his fits of rage.

I don't know how you'd go about breaking a TE though. You'd have to go well out of your way to accomplish it.

Imm0rt4l

This guy Spiritual-G is puttin work on psn, beat known masters/grandmasters with gouken and peaked at 5700pp in only 500 matches played. Gotdamn! Spiritual-g and illmatic1984 are the only goukens I follow.

BadWolf

toypop said:
(Pre Godsgarden 4 )
Poongko on AE right now in Tokyo.
Today's notable matches.

vs Nemo 12 : 12
vs Mago 2 : 3
vs Daigo 3 : 11 or 4 : 11 (if one "NO NAME" Seth match was him)

Games between Daigo are still going on.

Wow, looks like Daigo was simply caught by surprise at Evo due to lack of character experience. Reminds me of Gamerbee at EVO2010 where ppl had slept on Adon.

Wonder if he would have adjusted there and then had Latiff not taken him out and he played Poongko again.

Also looks like Japan took notice of Seth after EVo, saw a few during the last NSB (even Kindevu has taken him up).

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
'some "amazing" juri just kicked me after losing to my scrub seth and sent me :

"gg, you're surprisingly good for only have played against the cpu"

Don't know if he was trolling me or if he was commenting on my 0pp/0bp :[

Imm0rt4l

Corky said:
'some "amazing" juri just kicked me after losing to my scrub seth and sent me :

"gg, you're surprisingly good for only have played against the cpu"

Don't know if he was trolling me or if he was commenting on my 0pp/0bp :[
Some people don't take kindly to losing with someone with no points. I was on an account with 0 points and high ranked bison didn't want to use his main and so I mollywhopped his ryu and akuma and left. He sent me a message "I thought you should know, the reason I didn't use my main is because you're not using your real account, POINTS".

Corky

Imm0rt4l said:
Some people don't take kindly to losing with someone with no points. I was on an account with 0 points and high ranked bison didn't want to use his main and so I mollywhopped his ryu and akuma and left. He sent me a message "I thought you should know, the reason I didn't use my main is because you're not using your real account, POINTS".

But this is my account :( I just don't play ranked. Not good for the heart.

notworksafe

InsertNameHere said:
I've won like 4 out of 40 matches so far, haha.

Progress?
IMO losses can be more meaningful than wins. Just need to look back on the match and see what you could have done better in each situation.
Also I lose a lot so I have to comfort myself somehow

Also make sure to check out the video thread on SRK for your character. It's good to watch vids and compare what you would have done in a certain situation to what the player in the video did and decide which would be better.

And IIRC I have like....600 points? I hardly play ranked. Heck if you looked at my points, you'd think my main was Vega (used him to get the 5 wins in a row trophy when Super launched).

yeah, man... some people are ruled by these numbers. It'll mess you up in the head.

It's kinda funny when you write off the low pp/bp player and he/she goes on to beast the hell out of you.

And I agree that a lot of people get really irked by 0pp/0bp players giving them a challenge. I would get booted out of endless lobbies pretty often. To fix this, though, I just played some ranked and collected about 1000ish pp. Considerably less boots after that. So goddamn weird.

Corky

BotoxAgent said:
i hate it when people use the comment "still a beginner" and turn out to be gdlk

guilty of this :( , but that's because it is true, since I am a beginner with seth.

BotoxAgent said:
i hate it when people use the comment "still a beginner" and turn out to be gdlk
Maybe they're beginners in other ways. Extreme example, but for a while, Poongko was a combo bible, but he couldn't beat good opponents with combo knowledge alone (see his Evo 2009 performance).

Anybody have any tips on how to close in on zoning shoto players when using Cammy?

I have a real problem closing the distance when I get spammed with fireballs (especially Akuma's airborne ones). If I don't have meter I can't ex spiral arrow, quick spin knuckle is tough to time and if I try to focus through them I get punished.

LProtag

notworksafe said:
Yeah learning to block is the most helpful thing you can do to improve your SF game.

Blocking is basically all I do upon wake-up, which may be a bad thing. Usually crouch blocking and sometimes I try to option-select tech a throw, but then it goes horribly wrong.

zlatko

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
Blocking is basically all I do upon wake-up, which may be a bad thing. Usually crouch blocking and sometimes I try to option-select tech a throw, but then it goes horribly wrong.

Basic rule of thumb:

Did you get knocked down? Shit that sucks....well now it's time to--------

Did he jump and is he going to land in front of you? Block, and do crouch tech throw.

Did he jump and you're getting up before he'll land? Reversal move!

Did he jump, and he's going over you? Block the other way standing, and then switch to blocking crouching so he doesn't cross you up.

That's sort of the best way to gauge it when you are starting off fresh.

Satyamdas

Banned
_dementia said:
Maybe they're beginners in other ways. Extreme example, but for a while, Poongko was a combo bible, but he couldn't beat good opponents with combo knowledge alone (see his Evo 2009 performance).
Pretty sure Poongko wasn't at Evo 2009 or 2010. You are probably thinking of his performance at the Gamestop tourney.

zlatko said:
Did he jump and is he going to land in front of you? Block, and do crouch tech throw.

Did he jump, and he's going over you? Block the other way standing, and then switch to blocking crouching so he doesn't cross you up.

This is so simple that it's helpful. Reversal is something like a DP?

What is a crouch tech throw, and how do you do them?

LProtag

zlatko said:
Basic rule of thumb:

I think this is what I've been trying to do, but I'm still bad at reading. Alright, I think the fact that when I get crossed up I've been blocking crouching, so I'll try to switch that. What's a good reversal move for Makoto anyway? Just throw out a Hayate?

LProtag

PalaceBrother said:
This is so simple that it's helpful. Reversal is something like a DP?

What is a crouch tech throw, and how do you do them?

Crouch back and hit throw. I think if they try to throw you'll tech it, and if not you'll jab.

At least I'm pretty sure.

zlatko said:
You'll see that number go up if you learn to block cross ups, which I assume are hitting you non stop. :p
Yeah, that‘s what many beginners need to learn. I can‘t count how many matches I‘ve won because of extremely predictable cross ups in the corner that go unblocked.

LProtag

_dementia said:
Pretty much, except you'll short, not jab

Whoops. Well at least I know how to do it! And it's actually worked a few times. I think it surprised a few players who were totally beasting on me when they realized I knew how to tech throws. Sometimes they would stop taunting me every time I got dizzy and would actually try to kill me.

InsertNameHere said:
I think this is what I've been trying to do, but I'm still bad at reading. Alright, I think the fact that when I get crossed up I've been blocking crouching, so I'll try to switch that. What's a good reversal move for Makoto anyway? Just throw out a Hayate?
Fukiage is THE anticrossup move.

...I need to start using it more.

LProtag

SolarKnight said:
Fukiage is THE anticrossup move.

...I need to start using it more.

I was so proud of myself when I accidentally used a EX Fukiage to hit someone out of the air and win the match. I was really trying to EX Hayate to get the hell out of there because it was really close, haha. My hands got flustered.

zlatko said:
Basic rule of thumb:

This seems super helpful.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
InsertNameHere said:

Most beginner and even a lot of intermediate players don't deal with wakeup backdash very well.

But yeah, Makoto has shit reversals so blocking is typically the best thing you can do on wakeup.

Lost Fragment said:
Most beginner and even a lot of intermediate players don't deal with wakeup backdash very well.

But yeah, Makoto has shit reversals so blocking is typically the best thing you can do on wakeup.

Wake up backdash usually works pretty well just due to being airborne. If someone hits you with a mk or mp or standing move they will make you do the little hop reset, but they wont be able to jump in on you as easily as if they were on you on wake up.

And yeah, if you see me on PSN with my juri, watch out because i'm putting in work. Had no HP and some adon tried to ex jaga wall dive on me full screen, hit him with the critical u2 reactions, shit was sooooooooo hype. Juri is really good if you can play YOUR game. But like Kuma said, if people dont give a fuck and go in it can definately be a painful experience. So far i'm doing a good job of mixing up zoning and rushdown. After the forward throw i sprint up and use the frame trap low mp into pinwheel and it usually works. Also, its nice having a move that i can spam through block strings or hit strings (ex pinwheel) it's already won me a bunch of matches at the 11th hour. I'm even better at quarter circling now so i can actually throw fireballs and ultras and supers. Shit is pretty fun, and if i get salty i just run it back with the shin bison.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit, I leave for 8 hours and shit's crazy here~

ShallNoiseUpon said:
I fucking love Yoshi.
And I love you ♥ You know it!

Also, my session went to shit. I played horribly. Can't wait to get my arse kicked by CORKY (THIS ISN'T CRYPTIC, RIGHT?!) :D

edit: Oh and _dementia is completely right. I've almost never broken a TE-stick before.

Corky

Yoshichan said:
Shit, I leave for 8 hours and shit's crazy here~

And I love you ♥ You know it!

Also, my session went to shit. I played horribly. Can't wait to get my arse kicked by CORKY (THIS ISN'T CRYPTIC, RIGHT?!) :D

It is ! How do I know you're not talking about something sexual :I!? Also, lol at me kicking somebody's ass.

Chavelo

black_vegeta said:
Daigo 22 Poongko 8

The beast was ready.

Now, just have wait for recording to show up.

That's what happens when The Beast gets hungry.

watch

qcf x2

PalaceBrother said:
Anybody have any tips on how to close in on zoning shoto players when using Cammy?

I have a real problem closing the distance when I get spammed with fireballs (especially Akuma's airborne ones). If I don't have meter I can't ex spiral arrow, quick spin knuckle is tough to time and if I try to focus through them I get punished.

What I would suggest (and I whine about AE Cammy all the time) is to "show off" your different methods early in the match. That's: focus, neutral jump, forward jump with a ranged normal (HK), forward jump with minimal range (lk strike), ex hooligan throw, light spin knuckle, ex spiral arrow.

Usually once your opponent sees that you have knowledge of your options, they're a little more careful about the spamming. Akuma's air fireballs you should be able to safely dash under with or without focus, at least sometimes. If he's full screen you can try timing a regular spiral arrow to at least advance you a little more than a dash would. Once you have EX the zoning issues should end.

Corky, I don't think he was being sarcastic. Probably giving a genuine(ly misplaced) compliment.

qcf x2 said:
What I would suggest (and I whine about AE Cammy all the time) is to "show off" your different methods early in the match. That's: focus, neutral jump, forward jump with a ranged normal (HK), forward jump with minimal range (lk strike), ex hooligan throw, light spin knuckle, ex spiral arrow.

Usually once your opponent sees that you have knowledge of your options, they're a little more careful about the spamming. Akuma's air fireballs you should be able to safely dash under with or without focus, at least sometimes. If he's full screen you can try timing a regular spiral arrow to at least advance you a little more than a dash would. Once you have EX the zoning issues should end.

Good tips-thank you!

Corky

qcf x2 said:
Corky, I don't think he was being sarcastic. Probably giving a genuine(ly misplaced) compliment.

Yo ugh... :( why you gotta be like that brö?

vulva

Imm0rt4l said:
I once had a dude play me while I was at a friend's house on their account with 0 points. After I won, pretty convincingly at that, he messaged "wayta be a pussy and hide behind a fake account". People are funny.

Top Bottom