• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Satyamdas said:
I disagree. I never buy the "I wasn't *really* trying 100%" excuse as a rule, and I am even less inclined to believe it in the case of Poongko, who regularly goes on winning streaks of 70 or 80 games in casuals. Sure, he might style unnecessarily in casual matches, but losing in casuals to Momochi doesn't mean anything. Momochi is one of the best players in the world, yo. And Poongko damn sure wasn't just farting around at any point during Evo or Shadowloo Showdown. Dude was in full on machine mode.

Poongko lost to Gootecks at Shadowloo Showdown pre-tournament, I rest my case.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Satyamdas said:
Even blind, crippled and retarded squirrels are able to find a nut from time to time. I rest my case.

That is a terrible, terrible argument.

Poongko was losing games at the Cross Counter suite pre-EVO to people he is a much better player than, and he was doing the same at Shadowloo Showdown, yet he managed to win SS and place 3rd at EVO.

It's fine if you don't "buy" the less-than-100% effort argument, but all evidence is against you. Do you seriously believe players show everything they have in casuals? C'mon son.

Satyamdas said:
Even blind, crippled and retarded squirrels are able to find a nut from time to time. Case dismissed.

haha!!

I think i should really invest in an Evo monitor. The PC timing is so weird on my setup. The Evo monitor is too small of a size and I wanted something huge for my new rig. Now it's biting me in the ass. I am too used to the timing of my xbox setup which is connected to my Kuro Elite.

BotoxAgent said:
haha!!

I think i should really invest in an Evo monitor. The PC timing is so weird on my setup. The Evo monitor is too small of a size and I wanted something huge for my new rig. Now it's biting me in the ass. I am too used to the timing of my xbox setup which is connected to my Kuro Elite.
How big is your PC monitor? I think the Evo monitor has a variant that's 27 inches. Not massive, but it's bigger than the 23" one I have.

Satyamdas

Banned
Conceited said:
That is a terrible, terrible argument.

Poongko was losing games at the Cross Counter suite pre-EVO to people he is a much better player than, and he was doing the same at Shadowloo Showdown, yet he managed to win SS and place 3rd at EVO.

It's fine if you don't "buy" the less-than-100% effort argument, but all evidence is against you. Do you seriously believe players show everything they have in casuals? C'mon son.
So Poongko is so good that he should never lose in casuals, and never ever lose to someone he is better than. And if he does, that is evidence that he is just fucking around? I'm as big a fan of the kid as anyone, but come on. And how exactly would you measure his level of effort in casuals? Was he playing at 99%, 95%, or 73% when he lost to Gootecks? Also, you can play to the best of your ability in casuals without revealing particular strategies if you don't want to.

Obviously when it is tournament time everyone focuses 100% and when it is casuals with nothing on the line there may be less than that 100% focus. But that goes for everyone, so I don't understand why you singled out Poongko for his looser play in casuals when that is the very nature of casual matches.

_dementia said:
How big is your PC monitor? I think the Evo monitor has a variant that's 27 inches. Not massive, but it's bigger than the 23" one I have.

30" inches....my g/f does photography on it. We are actually looking for something bigger.

I think I will just build a new rig altogether when I have the time and get the Evo monitor.

qcf x2

Anyone wanna school me with Ryu on XBL? I'm not sure why but for some reason he's absolutely my worst matchup right now (with anyone). Think I just need some reps, but most of the online crowd are picking the twins or Akuma today.

Chavelo

Satyamdas said:
Even blind, crippled and retarded squirrels are able to find a nut from time to time. Case dismissed.

rfhDq.png

Conceited said:
I still think he would have won EVO if he hadn't done that first unsafe uppercut after the reset that was punished with ultra by Fuudo, he was essentially beating him up until that point but that mind-fucked him beyond all salvation.

...well that's seth. poongko perfected latif, and still lost 2 games straight. that's the nature of the character.

SamVimes

Guys Gootecks doesn't suck that much, other than Mike Ross and Wolfkrone i believe he's the american who got the closest to beating Mago in tournament play.

edit: forgot Jwong at EVO.

I managed to snag XBL gold for a discount along with the starter pack from the Buy.com eBay deal. I intend to redeem it closer to Gears 3's release, but this means I can play SSFIV with XBL GAF again. Looking forward to it.

eissan

qcf x2 said:
Anyone wanna school me with Ryu on XBL? I'm not sure why but for some reason he's absolutely my worst matchup right now (with anyone). Think I just need some reps, but most of the online crowd are picking the twins or Akuma today.

if you can wait till tonight we can play :). I am not the best but I am not 100% ass either(dont listen to saty and DBJ, they are hosers :D).

LProtag

Alright, whoever can help me out here and get me into GAF PSN chat, my PSN ID is LeadProtagonist.

I think this might be better for me than just playing random people online.

Axis

so, shot in the dark...but does anyone have AE PC code from evo that i could have? all my friends moved on to PC :(

explodet

Nice to know even after a 2 month long break I can still hold my own online.
(Can't say the same for MvC3 though, ouch my ass)

My favorite part? Finding out that Oil Combination Hold beats Yun's EX Zesshou Hohou. :D

explodet said:
Nice to know even after a 2 month long break I can still hold my own online.
(Can't say the same for MvC3 though, ouch my ass)

My favorite part? Finding out that Oil Combination Hold beats Yun's EX Zesshou Hohou. :D
EX lunge is free to lots of stuff. No invulnerability at all.

InsertNameHere said:
Alright, whoever can help me out here and get me into GAF PSN chat, my PSN ID is LeadProtagonist.

I think this might be better for me than just playing random people online.
added you as Friend request inorder to send you inv to chat.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All I know is that Daigo was dropping combos that Rb doesn't. You can be the most relaxed and headstrong person but nobody is immune to being mindfucked. And I'm pretty sure Daigo had a lot to prove. He is the most known player, played the game for the longest, uses the best character in the game and is sponsored. So yeah, the pressure is all on him. Let's not forget 99% of the community thought he was going to win it all.

I'll be running a lobby and streaming late tonight.

Kadey said:
All I know is that Daigo was dropping combos that Rb doesn't. You can be the most relaxed and headstrong person but nobody is immune to being mindfucked. And I'm pretty sure Daigo had a lot to prove. He is the most known player, played the game for the longest, uses the best character in the game and is sponsored. So yeah, the pressure is all on him. Let's not forget 99% of the community thought he was going to win it all.

I'll be running a lobby and streaming late tonight.
in there.

Axis

Satyamdas said:
He wants to trade the new code to his friend for a 8800 graphics card. So not only is he broke, he's greedy! Who said beggars can't be choosershustlers!? ^_^

*diddy shake*

USD said:
I'm not entirely sure why, but it sounds like Dieminion is giving up his Tougeki spot.
If he's giving it away he's gotta be givin it to Arturo or Sanford. Or maybe one of the players from Singapore.

Top Bottom