• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

notworksafe

GGs last night PSN people. Was fun getting games, and I've definitely improved with Juri but I'm still pretty adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. :\

LProtag

notworksafe said:
GGs last night PSN people. Was fun getting games, and I've definitely improved with Juri but I'm still pretty adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. :\

Thanks for inviting me. Your Juri looked pretty good, but then again everyone looked pretty impressive to me, haha.

AZ Greg said:
So we're only a few days from finally getting dat buffed Vega ST?! :eek:

Wait what? Where does it say that?

I wouldn't be surprised if they decreased his stun and made the claw fall off faster.

I'd like to go to the other dimension where Vega is a beast and is in need all the nerfs he's received since vanilla.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
so what tourney is upon today/night? I kind find the thread USD made for the life of me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hmmmm...I think Kuma said he was going to be at Sp00ky's today.

Last night was horrible. My Xbox must've froze no less than 20 times.

so.... nobody's done this yet?
1UYnK.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well fun lasted while it can. Xbox froze three times in that span. I'm done. Don't really know whether it's the console itself or just Live being stupid.

Good games Mimic. That Dhalsim match felt like an eternity. I wasn't going to let his ass get in.

MIMIC

Banned
Kadey said:
Well fun lasted while it can. Xbox froze three times in that span. I'm done. Don't really know whether it's the console itself or just Live being stupid.

Good games Mimic. That Dhalsim match felt like an eternity. I wasn't going to let his ass get in.

haha.

qcf x2

AZ Greg said:
So we're only a few days from finally getting dat buffed Vega ST?! :eek:

*Reduced hitbox on Claw's cr MP
*Reduced damage on Yoga Shangri-La
*Increased recovery frames for Yoga Catastrophe
*Yun's dash travels further

*lol

Sblargh

Banned
Playing Makoto vs Gief is less scary than I thought. It is a tough fight and by no means I destroyed the dude, but you do have ways to punish his stuff, backdash is very useful and Ultra 2 actually works. (one thing I wanted to try was to ultra 2 direct into lariat to see if it wins)

AZ Greg

toasty_T said:
Wait what? Where does it say that?

I wouldn't be surprised if they decreased his stun and made the claw fall off faster.

I'd like to go to the other dimension where Vega is a beast and is in need all the nerfs he's received since vanilla.

It was more of a wish on my end.

And Vega has been buffed overall since SF4. Yeah he had a setback in AE, but SF4 > SSF4 saw huge improvements for him. Hopefully he gets a few tweaks for the better in 2012.

jlai said:

Ahaha. The best night of Vex's life... :(

Also, I look forward to the best page of this OT when dem Mak nerfs get revealed. :)

Alright so I'm a complete fucking scrub.... just got into fighting games and i need some help!

Trying to learn viper and i cant even doing her seismic hammer cancel :(

Is the timing just incredibly strict or something? I passed the trial stage by mashing it out but i cant do it on command

EDIT----

nvm figured it out!!! wooooo

Degen

12000BP, 15000BP, doesn't matter

you don't know what to do about hawk

you just don't know what to do

EDIT:
mastershake said:
Alright so I'm a complete fucking scrub.... just got into fighting games and i need some help!

Trying to learn viper and i cant even doing her seismic hammer cancel :(

Is the timing just incredibly strict or something? I passed the trial stage by mashing it out but i cant do it on command
Viper seems like a rough character to start the game with, but I'm sure it's possible. Her execution can definitely be strict

Might I suggest Lord Thunderhawk?

edit 2: oh. good job, lol

Degen said:
Viper seems like a rough character to start the game with, but I'm sure it's possible. Her execution can definitely be strict

Might I suggest Lord Thunderhawk?

edit 2: oh. good job, lol

Generally I am more comfortable on my fightpad and my execution seems better but i cant pull off seismic cancel worth a shit. I plugged in my TE - index finger over lp, pinky over lp+mp+hp - and i can pull it off decently.

Yeah i should probably pick another character to start with but i just wanna be like wolfkrone :(

Who are really good "starter" characters? (no ryu/ken pls!)

Edgeward

Just stick with whatever character you want to main as. Better to just learn and take the bumps than learn with one play style than switch to another IMO. If you really want to main Viper, do it. But be prepared to lose A LOT the first couples months probably. The curve is quite high because of the execution barrier.

Degen

You can play Zangief on the side and then you'll be like Flash Metroid. Just make sure you never win with him :lol

don't listen to edgeward he free as can be

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Testing out my Xbox in versus mode to see if my Xbox is the bastard that has something wrong with it. So far no. So it does seem like it has something to do with LIVE.

Anyway. I find it funny that CPU Zangief and Mimic play exactly alike. o.0

Top Bottom