• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Wait, poongko repping that japanese? Is it common for korean people to speak japanese as well?

I need a transcript of this, I have no idea what they're talking about other than I need to know what they said.

USD

Corky said:
Wait, poongko repping that japanese? Is it common for korean people to speak japanese as well?

I need a transcript of this, I have no idea what they're talking about other than I need to know what they said.
BIGDANMUL was talking about his loss to Gasshuku's Viper, how Korea Vipers play different and on top of that having to deal with a character that has a different playstyle between different players.

Poongko was talking how he got lucky in some of his matches, he was nervous during his match with Uryo and made some bad reads. In the pixel finish against Nemo, he was buffering Ultra, waiting for something to react to, and the second he saw the EX Senkyutai/Up Kicks, he let it rip.

Naglafar

Any advice to someone coming to this from MK9? I'm looking for a change of pace, tried a bunch of characters, settled on Sagat. I've just been throwing fireballs, jump in roundhouses and tiger knees.

Edgeward

You shouldn't jump with Sagat, he's so slow that most can anti-air him easily. Tiger knees are unsafe unless you space LK and MK correctly otherwise you will eat a combo or dp.

And space your fireballs correctly, you can't chuck them anymore on the field in relation to your opponent. If you're opponent is in jumping distance or has an ultra that they will be able to hit you on reaction to, like Chun's u1, don't throw a fireball. Either find a way to make them do it by faking it, crouching and hitting lp to simulate throwing a low tiger shot, or just be ready with a dp when they try to guess and jump in. And don't get into patterns with fireballs either, mix it up.

This isn't MK where you have projectiles with fairly fast recovery, especially for Sagat, and can teleport easily around and usually get away with jumping. Everything has downsides in terms of attacks to characters themselves with certain moves either being slow to start-up, large frames of recovery or being a zoning/rushdown character. Sagat should be faraway and zoning out with fireballs and punishing anyone trying to get in with tiger knees or uppercuts.

And if you're knockdown, you should probably block and not wake up dp that often. He has slowest dp that makes it possible for people to jump in attack and still be able to block or avoid dp. Not saying that you can't, but unless you get a good read on your opponent or he isn't the good to be able to safe jump, avoid the temptation.

Learning to tiger uppercut FADC (forward roundhouse(this part is optional just dmg optimal)) -> ultra is pretty essential and is monster damage. It gives people a good reason to fear getting up close to Sagat because they are worried about taking the damage.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
SPDs are only seemingly throw invincible because they're faster than normal throws, but they all lose to grabs if you have enough frame advantage. Gief doesn't have anything on wakeup that'll beat meaty grab except like U1 IIRC.

Lost Fragment said:
SPDs are only seemingly throw invincible because they're faster than normal throws, but they all lose to grabs if you have enough frame advantage. Gief doesn't have anything on wakeup that'll beat meaty grab except like U1 IIRC.

Ummm isn't it that you can't throw anyone thats still in hitstun? Meaning you would have to wait for the hitstun to end in which a spd would win over a throw anyways. Maybe I am mistaken, and maybe the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Satyamdas

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Seth's spd is 3 frames, same as normal throws, and you will lose to it every single time if you go for a normal throw at the same time he goes for an spd. Spds do not lose to normal throws.

USD said:
It's not, pretty sure it's the same as all the other 360s in the game. I remember from the Poongko-Nemo GG#4 match Seth getting thrown out of EX SPD by Yang's EX Zenpou Tenshin, which is actually throw-invincible.
I also saw Yang's EX grab beat Seth's EX spd during GG4, but that doesn't mean his spd isn't throw invincible. There was a video a while back that showed how the game basically flips a coin when two spds or throws are input simultaneously. Either Yang's EX Grab is like Abel's TT which DOES beat spds, or Poongko just got the wrong side of a coin flip.

The only grab that absolutely beats spds is Abel's TT. Normal throws lose every single time, which is what I assumed Corky was asking about.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
stabicron7 said:
Ummm isn't it that you can't throw anyone thats still in hitstun? Meaning you would have to wait for the hitstun to end in which a spd would win over a throw anyways. Maybe I am mistaken, and maybe the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Right. But if you have enough frame advantage that your throw becomes active during the startup of a SPD, the throw will win every time. This is easier said than done of course.

Satyamdas said:
Seth's spd is 3 frames, same as normal throws, and you will lose to it every single time if you go for a normal throw at the same time he goes for an spd. Spds do not lose to normal throws.

Didn't know that Seth's SPD was slower than others, but for the rest, I am aware. I was disputing that SPDs are throw invincible, not that throws don't lose to SPDs in most circumstances.

dragonballjoseph said:
You can grab Gief out of U1.

Does it just have hit invincibility?

Satyamdas

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Didn't know that Seth's SPD was slower than others, but for the rest, I am aware. I was disputing that SPDs are throw invincible, not that throws don't lose to SPDs in most circumstances.
SPDs are throw invincible except for other spds where the game flips a coin, and rare cases like Abel's TT and Yang's (and maybe Yun's?) command grab which beat them clean. If we are talking normal throws then spds beat them every single time.

Fosh

Neo Member
Satyamdas said:
There was a video a while back that showed how the game basically flips a coin when two spds or throws are input simultaneously. Either Yang's EX Grab is like Abel's TT which DOES beat spds, or Poongko just got the wrong side of a coin flip.

I saw during GG two EX command throws at the same frame and they both whiffed.

Satyamdas

Banned
Fosh said:
I saw during GG two EX command throws at the same frame and they both whiffed.
Yes, that will happen, just like if two Abels do TT simultaneously neither will get thrown. But two Giefs or Seth doing spd at the same time one of them will get grabbed, and it is a random outcome. And regular throw vs. spd, the spd will win every time.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Well with my top tier detective skills I went to the front page and did CTRL+F "Kara" and this is who came up

Bam, 100% confrmed, exposed, etc.

Edgeward

Conceited said:
Well with my top tier detective skills I went to the front page and did CTRL+F "Kara" and this is who came up

Bam, 100% confrmed, exposed, etc.

Nah, she said it was activated 9 months ago or just recently activated after waiting 9 months. I forget which. lol

El Sloth

Banned
USD is Kara.

Kara is USD.

80yR3.jpg

Nori Chan

Need a little help guys.

I want to play the rival music every time I'm in a fight, but it just plays the stage music. I turned the arranged bgm music on but to no luck.

Does it not work for arcade or versus mode?

Top Bottom