• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
USD said:
*Shrug* I'd rather be a regular stream monster with absolutely no visibility at all. Don't care that much for any e-ttention, as little as it may be. Though I guess now I'm drawing it to myself, exposed.

Though seriously, karaちゃん prprprprprpr.

I think Kara is just trolling you for fun. :p

El Sloth

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
True, I just assumed that PZ didn't have a SBO qualifier this year. Then boom, I come home to hear about this news. Hsien and BK are a top tier team that may have won it anyways, but it's still wrong of them to not announce it or at least make people more aware of it so more people could go out there and try there best to win it.
From what I've read about Planet Zero it sounds like it wouldn't have mattered if the management doesn't know you/want you to win.

Pachimari

Getting SSFIV Arcade Edition tonight, having never played a Street Fighter IV before (dunno if I have played a demo), but I have always been fond of Makoto - is that a good character to start out with? I think I have read somewhere before, that she could be complicated for a new player, mind you I have played Tekken since the first, but it's nothing like Street Fighter.

LProtag

Anastacio said:
Getting SSFIV Arcade Edition tonight, having never played a Street Fighter IV before (dunno if I have played a demo), but I have always been fond of Makoto - is that a good character to start out with? I think I have read somewhere before, that she could be complicated for a new player, mind you I have played Tekken since the first, but it's nothing like Street Fighter.

Haha, I was in the same boat a few days ago. I've been just using Ken to learn the basics for now.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
InsertNameHere said:
Haha, I was in the same boat a few days ago. I've been just using Ken to learn the basics for now.

Tbh I think Ryu is even more beginner friendly than Ken, sure Ken has his ex srk that can make beginners drool but Ryu has shorter combos and more focus on spacing than Ken does, whereas Ken is a more in your face character and has important tools ( eg kara throw ) that might not be suitable for new players. Sometimes when I just feel like I'm the worst player there is I go back to Ryu for some basics.

Cloudius12 said:
Got a question, regarding SBO qualifiers, How does an arcade/venue get a chance to have qualifiers? Does SBO event give them out?

Three spots are given i believe, and then you can buy a spot as well, which is what PZ does.

Satyamdas

Banned
Cloudius12 said:
Got a question, regarding SBO qualifiers, How does an arcade/venue get a chance to have qualifiers? Does SBO event give them out?
The SBO event gives them out, and John Choi is the liaison between the US and Japan.

Corky said:
Tbh I think Ryu is even more beginner friendly than Ken, sure Ken has his ex srk that can make beginners drool but Ryu has shorter combos and more focus on spacing than Ken does, whereas Ken is a more in your face character and has important tools ( eg kara throw ) that might not be suitable for new players. Sometimes when I just feel like I'm the worst player there is I go back to Ryu for some basics.

In my opinion, they're about even at the beginner level. At intermediate level I think that's when Ryu becomes more difficult then Ken because his strength is zoning and playing solid while Ken players can just go for shenanigans like step kick/SRK/FADC/Ultra, kara throw, cross up tatsu into whatever, spam step kick because it's such a good poke, or mix up the 3 to become more unpredictable and incredibly annoying. But at the beginner level they seem about the same. You're not trying to hit any one frame links so trying to learn there regular BnB's and hit confirms are not that hard and become really easy when you reach a certain point.

And I can't wait for my Evil Ryu buffs, cr. MK please be a 5 frame start up, pretty please.

LProtag

Well I said Ken because I figure his more rushdown based gameplay would make the shift towards Makoto a little easier than if I started with Ryu.

Izuna

Banned
I would recommend staying with Makoto from the very start, or perhaps Sakura if you really want to learn a Shoto.

Makoto has no DP, and her walk-speed is very slow. You have to have really good blocking, and use her dashes in a way other characters don't have to use theirs.

Degen

Anyone on PSN run into the user "TheDecline" on Ranked before? Egg him on (or just respond) if he trash talks you for good times
(everything spelled exactly as it appeared)

[August 12, after beating his Seth]

[him] Subject: so scrubby (no message)
[me] Subject: pick better char. (no message)
[him] Subject: Re:pick better cha "dont need a scrubs advice"
[me] Subject: lol drop it "like a dropped seth combo"
[him] Subject: Re:lol drop it "yea gj net lat and capcom catering total fucking scrubs too make money"

net lat.

[Today, after beating his Guile]
[him] Subject: your so bad "fucking pathetic lol"
[me] Subject: Re:your so bad "yo i got mashy as hell lol"
[him] Subject: Re:your so bad "works right fucking capcom making everything so ez buffer inputs auto correct making links ezier i hope they didnt dumb down 3sO"

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see if the only person who's trash talked me so far this month (and did it twice) was on the Real Fighting Gamer's Forum, SRK. Sure enough...

Gamer since 86' Played pretty much every console from coleco-vision thru Playstation 3. I enjoy fighting games but lately ive been fading out due to Devs trying to cater to newbies and its not just in fighting games its all games really.

Now I imagine him shaking his cane at the TV while he sent those PSN messages

Street Fighter IV. For whippersnappers.™

DjangoReinhardt said:

Very cool. The outpouring of rage and happiness will be delicious, as we read the changes.

The first location test kicks off next Friday at Club Sega Avion! We’re going to have 8 cabinets there for 4 simultaneous battles, making this one whopper of a location test!

We will also have surveys available at the location test. Yours truly will be there of course, so if you see me be sure to say hi!

So you all know that the purpose of this location test is to try out new balance adjustments. But it certainly would be helpful if you knew before going to the test what some of the changes are, or what to look out for.

...I understand. I do. So for that reason... the Dev Blog is coming back! For a special limited time only, 8/23 (Tue) to 8/26 (Fri), the Dev Blog will be posting up balance adjustments that have been made to the game, as well as certain points we’d like you the player to take a look at while playing! I’m sure you’re all already looking forward to it!

zlatko

Banned
the_log_ride said:
Very cool. The outpouring of rage and happiness will be delicious, as we read the changes.

These location tests are in Japan only right? Who on GAF can go out there and slap Ono to give Gen some serious buffs?

How many goats must I sacrifice to make Evil Ryu's HK axe kick a true overhead and cr. MK be a 5 frame starter? How many, I will find a way if it pleases Capgod.

jlai

Rice-Eater said:
How many goats must I sacrifice to make Evil Ryu's HK axe kick a true overhead and cr. MK be a 5 frame starter? How many, I will find a way if it pleases Capgod.

Makoto's oroshi says what up :p

USD

So this weekend (August 27-28) is the first big tournament (in the US) since EVO, Summer Jam 5. Last year's Summer Jam was a fun watch, and the coin flip tourney at the end was random and godlike. Sp00ky going back to the blow up, as Summer Jam 4 was the first major he streamed.

Unrelated, but this is what the Japanese talk about on Twitter. Conversation between Nekohashi/u1yutty (godlike Savior player, still in America from EVO in Seattle, planning on going to PAX) and Sako's wife/akikiwww.

u1yutty said:
akikiwww said:
akikiwww said:
u1yutty said:
u1yutty said:
u1yutty said:
akikiwww said:
u1yutty said:

zlatko

Banned
black_vegeta said:
First time seeing a turbo using Gief, lol

..................What is this... I don't even.

my-mind-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Stuneseht said:
It's almost funny how they barely changed sagat... They dont want to repeat another SF4 Vanilla edition lol.

You can read Japanese? Can you tell me if Gen is detailed there? Or Cody? Or Abel? ;p

zlatko

Banned
Stuneseht said:
no I cant read Japanese... Bootleg google translator...

Some of the shit it comes up with is straight from Mars. The final ones for C.Viper are super clear to make out. Tons of damage nerfs, and her U1 is also reduced in damage, but her U2 is increased in damage.

Seems they wanted to go the Abel root with her, that she needs 1-2 more mix ups to finish people off.

Top Bottom