• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Edgeward said:
icXnBHVIC.gif

Nori Chan

Noriega said:
Need a little help guys.

I want to play the rival music every time I'm in a fight, but it just plays the stage music. I turned the arranged bgm music on but to no luck.

Does it not work for arcade or versus mode?
My question would be the last posts on a page -_-

notworksafe

Noriega said:
Need a little help guys.

I want to play the rival music every time I'm in a fight, but it just plays the stage music. I turned the arranged bgm music on but to no luck.

Does it not work for arcade or versus mode?
Doesn't work outside of the rival matches vs. AI during Arcade mode. Closest you can get is having the game play 2P's theme.

AZ Greg

So me and a local buddy are looking for 1 or 2 people who are going to Devastation and looking to split room costs on the cheap. If interested PM me or drop in the IRC.

Busaiku

Apparently Houston had an SBO qualifier and Hsien Chang and Banana Ken won it.
I did not ever hear of this, I could've gone too...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Busaiku said:

Four Wude was talking about this in my stream. Forgot who was salty about it. I wasn't really paying attention.

Edgeward

Busaiku said:

Apparently you're not alone. They kept it as much of a secret as possible is the word.

Satyamdas said:
this meme got this man fired.

he was homeless at the time of the picture. he had gotten off the streets gotten cleaned up and got work. his job saw the meme and fired him for it (which is bullshit)

Satyamdas

Banned
AkumaHokoru said:

he was homeless at the time of the picture. he had gotten off the streets gotten cleaned up and got work. his job saw the meme and fired him for it (which is bullshit)
That goes beyond "bullshit". That is in the realm of "impossibly fucking retarded".

:*(

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Edgeward said:
Apparently you're not alone. They kept it as much of a secret as possible is the word.

Well Mike Ross and Gootecks mentioned it in an episode of Cross Counter but even they said it was "secret".

Imm0rt4l

AkumaHokoru said:

This is some bullshit.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People should know by now that public or government jobs take people's image seriously. And business and corporations are free to do that as well. Which is probably his case. There are many things that you cannot do. It's like that teacher that has a blog and she was talking trash about her students. School officials found out and shit hit the fan. Even though it was her personal online journal, etc, they do not care.

Satyamdas

Banned
Kadey said:
People should know by now that public or government jobs take people's image seriously. And business and corporations are free to do that as well. Which is probably his case. There are many things that you cannot do. It's like that teacher that has a blog and she was talking trash about her students. School officials found out and shit hit the fan. Even though it was her personal online journal, etc, they do not care.
I seriously doubt the homeless guy in the picture added "You gonna get raped" to his own fucking picture. It isn't like he was blogging about the life of a homeless person running around raping people and got found out by his company. That said, I would think (hope) that there is some other company who got wind of that and would hire the guy. Hook a link up, Akuma.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Doesn't matter who did it. Only matters what is.
Some companies don't play that. It really isn't fair. I don't know how long ago his incident occurred but I personally know that a lot of companies are on the edge right now. They will look for reasons to get rid of you.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good stuff Chaotix, Seph, Adeel and Jeff. Plus those other guys I forget.

Dan Army was annoying but I managed to get rid of them. Had some hilarious matches here and there.

And that Fosho guy. He's getting booted every time I see in my lobby from now on.
Well you said "there are many things that you cannot do". If the story is true then the guy didn't *do* anything in the first place. I understand companies are on the edge but firing a guy for that cannot be rationally explained unless he was working for a rape shelter, and even then it's fucking bullshit.

I'm saying that in general. He had the unfortunate circumstance of being homeless and his picture taken only to be used against him.
I see it being no different than say, some nut going partying and doing something stupid only to have his picture taken and getting it uploaded on the net; highers up for his company getting a hold of it and being anal about it. Wasn't really his fault but companies can use that against you.

Satyamdas

Banned
Kadey said:
Doesn't matter who did it. Only matters what is.
Some companies don't play that. It really isn't fair. I don't know how long ago his incident occurred but I personally know that a lot of companies are on the edge right now. They will look for reasons to get rid of you.
Well you said "there are many things that you cannot do". If the story is true then the guy didn't *do* anything in the first place. I understand companies are on the edge but firing a guy for that cannot be rationally explained unless he was working for a rape shelter, and even then it's fucking bullshit.

Edgeward said:

Wow, that is some serious BS. I am guessing this would be the Planet Zero SBO qualifier that we've heard shady stories about over the years, right?

And it sucks to hear about that guy. Hope he found something soon after and is still doing well.

Edgeward

Rice-Eater said:
Wow, that is some serious BS. I am guessing this would be the Planet Zero SBO qualifier that we've heard shady stories about over the years, right?

And it sucks to hear about that guy. Hope he found something soon after and is still doing well.

Yup, this happened at Planet Zero.

Cloudius12 said:
How credible can SBO qualifiers be if they are not announced?

True, I just assumed that PZ didn't have a SBO qualifier this year. Then boom, I come home to hear about this news. Hsien and BK are a top tier team that may have won it anyways, but it's still wrong of them to not announce it or at least make people more aware of it so more people could go out there and try there best to win it.

Edgeward

It was news to me today as well. I heard nothing of it, can't find a posting of the event on srk.

All I could find was an announcement on mashharder.com (which I had no clue of it's existence)

http://www.mashharder.com/forums/showthread.php?7351-PZ-SBO-Qualifiers-2011&p=117219#post117219

But someone wrote an entire play by play of what went down

http://www.examiner.com/arcade-game-in-houston/results-from-planet-zero-s-sbo-qualifiers-for-2011

Only 6 teams entered. And only other person I recognize of is Jan besides Hsien and BK.

non sequitur Edit:

This is for USD

http://i.imgur.com/b61b2.png

the video linked in the message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGNAU98bdw0

SmokeMaxX

Cloudius12 said:
How credible can SBO qualifiers be if they are not announced?
It's Planet Zero. That should tell you everything you need to know about credibility. Even people who live in the city that the arcade is located in travel over an hour to play at another arcade.

rocK`

Banned
Heh, Karaface is not putting USD on blast, she's actually acting out of pure jealousy.

I dont know what you did USD, but you got this girl(guy?) pissed!

alstein

SmokeMaxX said:
It's Planet Zero. That should tell you everything you need to know about credibility. Even people who live in the city that the arcade is located in travel over an hour to play at another arcade.

The arcade was at one point banned from announcing tournies from SRK due to shadiness.

Izuna

Banned
NEW!! Free strategy guide for aspiring SUPER Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition players. Revision. 2 available now.

asdsa.png

Various safe-jumps, sakocombos, and Ibuki Trivia included. This is the ultimate guide from taking your skill with Ibuki from any level, to the highest level.

I cannot fix the spelling mistake "PROOVE". Sorry!

DOWNLOAD HERE:http://www.4shared.com/get/OJk2mIey/Ibuki_PLAYER_GUIDE_Rev_2.html

* I'm currently waiting for the techies at WAFIGHTERSdotCOM to upload this to their server, so for now you'll have to download it from my 4shared.com account. Don't worry I've used this same one for years.

---------------------------

REVISION. 2 CHANGES

What is new?

- Small typos have been corrected.
- New page detailing important "Normal Attacks" has been added.
- Zoning and Footsies has been replaced with a Ibuki vs. Ryu detailed Guide.
- Option-selects against Dictator (credits to Walnut Shrimp).
- Revised credits.
- More Ibuki Trivia.
- New cover.
- New "Anti-air Moves" page consisting of information obtained from MingoDynasty, as well as Hit-box data for each.
- Safe-jumps and ambiguous cross-ups have been closely worked on this time, including MingoDynasty's findings.
- Frame data.

What is missing?

- Option-selects vs. Rose/Chun-Li. I thought that the ones previously discovered aren't good enough.
- Footsies being detailed by Cubes. I have always wanted to include this section, but it's too risky to get Ibuki players to simply look at a diagram without practicing it themselves. Also, it's specific to every single character in the game, so there simply isn't any space.
- Ibuki vs. Makoto strategies. Being the one Ibuki who has probably played this match more than the vast majority, I should have something to include, but only after I play V-Ryu. Still 100% vs. Makoto's online; I want someone to challenge me thinking "ya right", or something, so I can put more information into this guide.
- MingoDynasty's extensive Tsumuji Loop spreedsheet. It's already very accessible and relatively unimportant to include.

That Planet Zero SBO qualifier story is super shady. Even with the clandestine tourney, they had more sign-ups than the NYC qualifiers, right?

USD

I don't want to shit up the thread with OT bullshit, but I'm still trying to figure out why I'm getting put on blast. :(

Oh well, someone's got to be exposed. It might not be as amazing as some of Kara's other exposures (shoutouts to Speh and NerdJosh), but it will straight from the heart of one of her biggest fans.

karaちゃんペロペロ

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
USD said:
I don't want to shit up the thread with OT bullshit, but I'm still trying to figure out why I'm getting put on blast. :(

Oh well, someone's got to be exposed. It might not be as amazing as some of Kara's other exposures (shoutouts to Speh and NerdJosh), but it will straight from the heart of one of her biggest fans.

karaちゃんペロペロ

I wish Kara put me on blast :(

*Foreveradon*

USD

izunadono said:
NEW!! Free strategy guide for aspiring SUPER Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition players. Revision. 2 available now.
This is awesome. I've never even touched Ibuki and this is awesome.
Corky said:
I wish Kara put me on blast :(

*Foreveradon*
*Shrug* I'd rather be a regular stream monster with absolutely no visibility at all. Don't care that much for any e-ttention, as little as it may be. Though I guess now I'm drawing it to myself, exposed.

Though seriously, karaちゃん prprprprprpr.

cHaotix8

Almost all of Tx knew about the houston quals. Its just that no one wanted to deal with laggy tvs and the shady management. It didnt help that PZ didnt want to sponser your air fare like UFO did.

izunadono said:

asdsa.png

Nice guide. I've been feeling like picking up a new character. I'll put in a bit of practice over the weekend.

Top Bottom