• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

zlatko

Banned
notworksafe said:
Don't be a whiner zlatko, this makes perfect sense:

:lol

Eagle claw feet - but also put to fire diagonally down while jumping in front of the lever has been changed to.
In addition, after the lever is not placed diagonally under fire as before.

xD Still did get some info from it. Waiting for a based god to shed light on the full details though.

kitzkozan

Come on USD, I wanna know those changes NAO. :D I was suspecting numerous damage nerfs to C.Viper, especially the Ultra 1 which still hit like a truck ( and a damage boost to U2 as well) .

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
_dementia said:
looking forward to AE changes in a language I can read
http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/22/ssf4ae-version-2012-changes-part-1/

Thanks to Azrael for the translation (more will appear as it becomes available).

Ryu

Increased the vertical hitbox on U2 for better anti-air/full animation.
Can combo full U2 after counter hit Shakunetsu Hadoken. So if c.mk gets absorbed by a FA, Ryu can do EX Fireball, FADC U2 for 500 damage. If Ryu is close range he can hit EX Fireball -> U2 without FADC.

The “brake” frame on air Tatsu decreased by 3 frames, if used on this frame the trajectory will change.
Solar plexus 40+60 for 100 total damage.
If he hits S.RH counter hit on a crouching opponent he can combo sweep after it.

Chun

Head stomps will come out on DF, not just D. They note that DB won’t work though.
Kintekishu (B+MK) +3 advantage on counter hit, easier to hit confirm into the second hit.
Sweep 150 stun.
Kikoken startup 9F, easier to use as AA/use in combos.
They are fixing the bug where characters fell out of the U1 juggle in AE.

Ken

Target combo hits easier on crouching opponents, can also delay the inputs.
EX Shoryuken damage 80+30+30+50, 190 total.

Honda

Jab headbutt gets its upper body invincibility back.
Strong headbutt loses it, so it works the same as Jab Headbutt did in AE.
Blanka

Each ball gets an extra 10 in damage, so Jab 110, Strong 120, Fierce 130, EX 120.
For Fierce and EX Ball, if it hits on the second frame (same frame where FA cancel is possible), it causes blow-back damage. Will be easier to follow-up EX Ball with additional hits if FADC’d.
Charged Rock Crusher gives Blanka a 5 frame advantage, so he can do Rock Crusher, C.MK, FP Ball as a combo.

Gief

Jab SPD 150 stun.
EX Backfist damage 90+50 for a total of 140. Stun 100+50 for a total of 150.
Adjusted the hitbox on c.jab, so that it hits more easily off a jump-in against characters it formerly didn’t. Hurtbox for c.short reduced in height, making it easier to pass under certain attacks.

Rocwell

What do the Ryu changes say? Can he combo into ex focus attack off something now? Does he have his old cr mk back?

bah never mind but hell yeah at the chun head stomp input change

XenoRaven

~Devil Trigger~ said:
http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/22/ssf4ae-version-2012-changes-part-1/
Chun

Head stomps will come out on DF, not just D. They note that DB won’t work though.
Kintekishu (B+MK) +3 advantage on counter hit, easier to hit confirm into the second hit.
Sweep 150 stun.
Kikoken startup 9F, easier to use as AA/use in combos.
They are fixing the bug where characters fell out of the U1 juggle in AE.
Yatta! ^^

Wish they undid the nerfs on her flip kick and standing strong but whatever. Really happy about the headstomp thing because I always miss it.

kitzkozan

I admit I like the possibility of seeing Ryu finally using that Ultra 2 in competitive matches. :) He's not going back to his vanilla or even super form, but he has the possibility of being played in a high damage version instead of the more versatile and lower damage ultra 1.

Guile
Balance adjustments centered around the changes made to him from Super to AE.
The frames in which Guile could be counter-hit after Sonic Boom have been eliminated? (Not 100% sure)
Air throws 3F startup.
Spinning backfist 100 damage.
Can't be thrown out of upside down kick from the 6th frame until the last active frame.

Dhalsim
Yoga Inferno damage 75 x 2, 60 x 3 for a total of 330 damage.
EX Yoga Blast damage 90 + 50. First hit gets 20 more damage, second hit 20 less, so if Sim only gets the first hit he gets the better damage.
C.jab active for 4F. But other frame info unaltered.
Hurtbox on Yoga Blast reduced.
Can follow up Yoga Blast with additional moves for combo.

Balrog
Headbutt damage fixed back to Super, strong 120, Fierce 140, EX 150.
U2 damage 399.
Hit properties on Dash Overhead changed so that it can combo into c.strong on all characters.
Close stand fierce hitbox extended downwards so that it hits crouching characters that it used to whiff on.

Imm0rt4l

DryEyeRelief said:
Guile
Balance adjustments centered around the changes made to him from Super to AE.
The frames in which Guile could be counter-hit after Sonic Boom have been eliminated? (Not 100% sure)
Air throws 3F startup.
Spinning backfist 100 damage.
Can't be thrown out of upside down kick from the 6th frame until the last active frame.
wtf is this shit?

DR2K said:
Yeah Ryu needed all those buffs. . . fucking idiots.
ryu definitely needed some buffing. They aren't even big buffs.

Sagat

- Angry Scar Tiger Uppercut damage increased: LP, MP, and EX get +10

Viper

-MP Thunder Knuckle 120 -> 110 damage
-EX Thunder Knuckle startup reduced to 25f, but +2 recovery
-EX Seismo 120 -> 100 damage
-U1 -> 441 damage
-U1 hitbox improved so it's easier to hit fully after air burnkick and HP Thunder Knuckle
-U2 damage increased to 410

Rocwell

DR2K said:
Most of those buffs are super situational. Plus the solar plexus strike damage nerf is pretty shitty imo.

If you wanna bitch about characters that got buffs you should pick Guile or Barlog.

DryEyeRelief said:
Balrog
U2 damage 399.
Hit properties on Dash Overhead changed so that it can combo into c.strong on all characters.
Close stand fierce hitbox extended downwards so that it hits crouching characters that it used to whiff on.
O_O

NIOCE!!!

Chavelo

DR2K said:

100px-DealWithIt.gif

Judging by the ordering, tomorrow we'll hear about:

Abel
Rufus
Fuerte
Akuma
Gouken
Sakura
Cammy
Gen
Fei Long
Rose
Dan
Seth
Deejay, T.Hawk or Juri

DryEyeRelief said:
Balrog
U2 damage 399.
This is awesome.

Rocwell

biosnake20 said:
Wait, so now ryu can hit a point blank crouch forward into ex fireball, and then combo into u2 after that? Or am I reading that wrong?
Counterhit only. Think of how Ken gets full animation of his U1 after CH DP.

biosnake20 said:
Wait, so now ryu can hit a point blank crouch forward into ex fireball, and then combo into u2 after that? Or am I reading that wrong?
if you do crouch forward you need to fadc. But still, it needs to be counter hit.

Viper's nerf :( That change won't make me pick up U2, U1 is still stronger.

DR2K

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
Judging by the ordering, tomorrow we'll hear about:
Cammy

+We've adjusted a few pixels for her intro pose
+/- U2 does more damage, but we removed most of the active frames, she just stands there for a second.
-More restriction on her canon strike, ex version can only be done at maximum height. Does 10 more damage.
-Spike is even more unsafe and invincibility frames removed
-To make it fair for the opponents canon drill combo enders will randomly whiff and put her in the corner.

rbrogue

SephirothRK said:
if you do crouch forward you need to fadc. But still, it needs to be counter hit.

Viper's nerf :( That change won't make me pick up U2, U1 is still stronger.

considering what they could've done to viper re: frame advantage (the brunt of peoples complaints) i feel like i got away with murder

Vega

-cr.HK damage increased to 110, same as Super.
-1 more frame of stun on the opponent after cosmic heel, making it -3 at worst.
-Sky High Claw causes blowback when it hits a grounded opponent (same words as the blanka ball change)
-U1 hitbox after it hits on the way up increased drastically so that it doesn't unexpectedly miss.
-U2 startup changed to 8f.

Bison

-Scissors stun changed to 100/50 (150 total) on all strengths
-First hit causes 1f extra stun, so if you FADC the first hit you can have +5 advantage at best.

kitzkozan

rbrogue said:
considering what they could've done to viper re: frame advantage (the brunt of peoples complaints) i feel like i got away with murder

Yeah, she isn't changed much and some will still be salty when fighting her. :p She now has 2 ultra with decent damage.

Info was posted I see. :p

DryEyeRelief said:
Bison

-Scissors stun changed to 100/50 (150 total) on all strengths
-First hit causes 1f extra stun, so if you FADC the first hit you can have +5 advantage at best.

More reason for others to gravel at the feet of the mighty Bison.

DryEyeRelief said:

player1_m_bison.jpg

KNEEL BEFORE ME

For those who don't know, this is actually a huge buff. I always thought I was just bad and that scissors fadc into more toe tapping was something anyone can do, until i saw the frame data. 1 extra frame makes this a LOT easier and now i will actually consider doing it instead of just fadc into throw

edit: holy shit, didnt realise they jacked up the stun on his scissor kicks as well, an extra 50 stun makes a ton of difference as well. Hell yeah bison buffs, best bipsonnnn

edit: i am fucking retarded

Top Bottom