• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

qcf x2

So far I'm liking the sound of these adjustments. As a Viper player I'm cool with her changes; U2's damage boost is welcome, and as mentioned above they could've hit her much harder.

I am really looking forward to seeing the changes to the following:

Cammy
Rose
Yun
Yang

I feel like they have to do something with Cammy. Certainly not anything as drastic as giving her the tkcs back, but maybe making it easier to combo into the HSA 2-hit version.

Rose just needs help.

DR2K said:
Us Viper scrubs can finally land her combos. I really wish they would make her Ultra 2 useful.
Play against Guile or some Roses and U2 comes in handy.

kitzkozan

Time for me to buy AE since it's about to be the definitive version of SFIV. :) Here's hoping they can get creative and make Gouken, Evil Ryu and Oni work as those 3 should be the strongest characters in the game. It's silly to see them being mediocre at best, especially since Oni is the ultimate form of Akuma. :p

Onion_Relish said:
For those who don't know, this is actually a huge buff. I always thought I was just bad and that scissors fadc into more toe tapping was something anyone can do, until i saw the frame data. 1 extra frame makes this a LOT easier and now i will actually consider doing it instead of just fadc into throw

This is not as useful as you think it is, yes it gives us some fadc options however the reason Bison never or hardly ever bothered with FADC combos was the fact the damage scaling rapes the damage hard. So hard it is almost always better to save the two bars for ex moves. Adding two frames to the advantage does give us a bit more off of it *instead off cr.lk x3 xx sk off that we can do a cr.lp, cl.st.lp, cr.mk xx sk* but it is debatable if it will be worth two bars now. I personally doubt it, probably just gonna be a situational tool to finish rounds.

Added stun to SK is a nice little gift though.

black_vegeta said:
More reason for others to gravel at the feet of the mighty Bison.

c6aNl.jpg

I'm a little bummed that Sim saw little changes to his normals (just st.LP?). Yoga blasts are still ass outside of EX. Let the salt flow over me.

stabicron7 said:
This is not as useful as you think it is, yes it gives us some fadc options however the reason Bison never or hardly ever bothered with FADC combos was the fact the damage scaling rapes the damage hard. So hard it is almost always better to save the two bars for ex moves. Adding two frames to the advantage does give us a bit more off of it *instead off cr.lk x3 xx sk off that we can do a cr.lp, cl.st.lp, cr.mk xx sk* but it is debatable if it will be worth two bars now. I personally doubt it, probably just gonna be a situational tool to finish rounds.

Added stun to SK is a nice little gift though.

edited my last post to show the usefulness. It's not about damage its about that stun. Assuming you hit someone before this combo it wouldnt be as useful due to the combo being continued and heavily scaled. but after? boom youre in there.

SupaNaab

I too play Viper. Im pretty fine with my changes. The U1 hitbox change might actually be extremely good I mean it basically says Viper players won't drop U1. Unsure about the new EX TK, maybe its good for an OS on backdashing opponents?

jman2050

Wonder how much will change between now and whenever the balance update comes out.

I mean, they have to be using these loctests for something, right?

Rocwell

Onion_Relish said:

cross up mk 100
cr light punch x 2 = 100
cr medium kick = 100
heavy scissor first hit fadc = 100
crouching kick x 3 = 150 stun
medium scissors = 150 stun

700 stun. WORM[/QUOTE]
stun scaling yo.

El Sloth said:
I want to hear how Juri is S tier now dammit.

I just started playing with Juri, so how could they make her better? She seems really really good just minus her health and defense. If you gave her an extra 50 or 100 hp maybe?

Onion_Relish said:
edited my last post to show the usefulness. It's not about damage its about that stun. Assuming you hit someone before this combo it wouldnt be as useful due to the combo being continued and heavily scaled. but after? boom youre in there.

I might be wrong but doesn't the stun scale as well as the damage in combos? I can't remember

sleepykyo

jman2050 said:
Wonder how much will change between now and whenever the balance update comes out.

I mean, they have to be using these loctests for something, right?

I hope so. Honda getting AA jab headbutt back and Guile getting some of the AE nerfs rolled back make me sad. Seems like the charge characters and keep away characters are making a comeback.

Except Ryu. Daigo and Valle were just too good and that crouching mk is never coming back.

El Sloth

Banned
Onion_Relish said:
I just started playing with Juri, so how could they make her better? She seems really really good just minus her health and defense. If you gave her an extra 50 or 100 hp maybe?
I only picked her up two weeks ago, so I'm in the same boat as you. Having 1000 life would be great, IMO. And it would be nice if her overhead left her at more advantage on hit.

kirblar

sleepykyo said:
I hope so. Honda getting AA jab headbutt back and Guile getting some of the AE nerfs rolled back make me sad. Seems like the charge characters and keep away characters are making a comeback.

Except Ryu. Daigo and Valle were just too good and that crouching mk is never coming back.
How many Charge characters were there in the top 32 at EVO, though? The changes made in AE seemed to really hurt their game tremendously.

kitzkozan

sleepykyo said:

How else could the situation be resolved? In order to have a more balanced game, the charge characters must come back along with Dhalsim. :p Now, I am sure the game still won't devolve into a boring and turtling defensive game like super since the twins+Fei will be able to open them up. If Capcom play their cards right, Juri, Cammy, Dudley, Guy and Cody will be much more offensive as well. You have a balance of defensive characters+offensive ones who can open them up which wasn't the case in super with offensive characters being cripple like Makoto or just one notch below top tier.

As for Juri, I want a better Ultra 1 since it's inferior to the twins supers despite being a similar type of technique. Since it's an ultra and cannot be cancelled into like a super, it need something to be on par or better than Genei Jin. I think it need extra damage on each hit, or better yet increasing slightly her damage and speed (kind of an x-factor effect) .

cHaotix8

I hope Capcom does what's right and fixes Dudley. This is likely to be the last balance patch for the game so this'll be his last chance at being a good character. All I really want for Cammy is her old 2 hit HK Spiral Arrow back with a frame or two more hit/block stun on her jump short.

El Sloth said:
I only picked her up two weeks ago, so I'm in the same boat as you. Having 1000 life would be great, IMO. And it would be nice if her overhead left her at more advantage on hit.

Having her overhead be like ibuki's where you can actually link it into combos might work, and yeah 1000 life would be sweet but seems a bit unreasonable for a char with so many options

Maybe less frames of disadvantage on dive kick or mk pinwheel?

Fosh

Neo Member
qcf x2 said:
I feel like they have to do something with Cammy. ...maybe making it easier to combo into the HSA 2-hit version.

Yes I hope they do this. Its really annoying how her combos put her into the corner and give you terrible oki :(

Satyamdas

Banned

kitzkozan

Onion_Relish said:
Having her overhead be like ibuki's where you can actually link it into combos might work, and yeah 1000 life would be sweet but seems a bit unreasonable for a char with so many options

Maybe less frames of disadvantage on dive kick or mk pinwheel
?

I agree with that, Juri offense is the anti Yun as far as I'm concerned. It's about as unsafe as it can be and ultimately what's the point when you can go play Yun who's better in every way along with a super that's better than Juri's ultra which should be stronger? :p

Satyamdas said:
-Furthermore, heavy and EX rolling attacks now knockdown if, and only if, you manage to land it within the first 2 attack frames (basically, the frames during which they are FADC-able).

So either point blank or coming out of a combo. I hate the shit out of Blanka but that is a genius buff for him.

Furthermore, if you manage to land an EX Rolling Attack within the first 2 active frames, this will put your opponent in a juggle state to be hit by pursuit-property moves

what move does blanka have that has pursuit properties? the jumping HP? Would be neat to see some blanka resets though to go along with his general trollign tendancies
kitzkozan said:
I agree with that, Juri offense is the anti Yun as far as I'm concerned. It's about as unsafe as it can be and ultimately what's the point when you can go play Yun who's better in every way along with a super that's better than Juri's ultra which should be stronger? :p

yeah thats how i feel too. I even feel nervous using lk pinwheel let alone heavy. Its one of the reasons i find myself trying to build lots of meter because it's not so bad when I save my cross up so that i know i will hit cross up mk into crouching hp xx medium-super

Axis

Fosh said:
Yes I hope they do this. Its really annoying how her combos put her into the corner and give you terrible oki :(

her oki game is fine...i don't know what's going on here

spiral knockdown into corner leads to good xup strike oki pushing them back into it

also she only needs her hard spiral arrow unnerfed and maybe a slightly lower CS restriction height

kitzkozan

black_vegeta said:
Blanka ball buff, ugggghhhh

Lol he's back baby! :D But then again, I expect Dhalsim to be competitive again. :( Especially after the brutal trashing that you might have seen at Godsgarden #4 from a Yang. Capcom will eliminate the 2-8/3-7 matchup between the twins and Sim for sure. Even I almost felt bad for Mochi getting absolutely destroyed from one end of the stage to the other...

Busaiku

Why are all the charge characters getting these bigger buffs.
I can't freaking play charge characters!
Gah.

Cody better get some huge buffs.

vulva

more chun buffs are always welcome. Though, I don't consider fixing a game changing glitch to be a buff. Especially since it didn't exist in Super.

Edgeward

I want to be able to normally jump forward do the qcb + k and fucking get cannon strike. I am tired of seeing myself getting jump normal -_-

Axis

Edgeward said:
I want to be able to normally jump forward do the qcb + k and fucking get cannon strike. I am tired of seeing myself getting jump normal -_-

i don't think it'd be a big deal if they kept being able to tk it out but being able to instant jump CS would be nice lol

Satyamdas

Banned
kitzkozan said:
Lol he's back baby! :D But then again, I expect Dhalsim to be competitive again. :( Especially after the brutal trashing that you might have seen at Godsgarden #4 from a Yang. Capcom will eliminate the 2-8/3-7 matchup between the twins and Sim for sure. Even I almost felt bad for Mochi getting absolutely destroyed from one end of the stage to the other...
He won't be competitive. Not against the same top tier from AE, at least.

If the changes described for Sim is all that they change, then even with nerfs to Yun/Yang it will still be a 8-2/7-3 matchup in their favor, respectively. The only damage he is getting back is 30 on his Super combo. None for his normals, none for EX Flame, and 20 for the first hit of EX Blast in case of trades but -20 on the second hit. If they nerfed the twins heavily (which they won't do, I'd bet), then that might change it to 7-3/6-4. The matchup will always be in their favor because of the way they can apply pressure safely and because like Viper, Sim cannot zone them effectively at all.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Viper changes aren't that bad. They'll definitely be noticable, but I expected worse. I'd rather they nerf frame advantage on burning kicks though.

USD

I'm not a part of Team 100% Poverty anymore (though still poverty), can't do translation right now. Looks like it's already covered for the most part anyway.

Just glancing over the changes, lol @ Capcom undoing all the changes from Super to AE. Ono apologizing indeed.

kitzkozan

USD said:
I'm not a part of Team 100% Poverty anymore (though still poverty), can't do translation right now. Looks like it's already covered for the most part anyway.

Just glancing over the changes, lol @ Capcom undoing all the changes from Super to AE. Ono apologizing indeed.

He's not undoing all of the changes, but it's going to be a better balance of offense and defense. Just that would easily make it the best version of the game over super which was too defensive and AE with so much braindead offense and defense being dead.

I'm guessing Ryu will fare better against the twins by using U2 to punish those dive kicks ( since the hitbox and full animation+damage got better) .

USD

I wasn't being literal, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. Looks like Guile still has Sonic Refreshing Wind Blast.

Also, one thing I noticed, it's Chun's UC2, Kikoshou (not Kikoken, her regular fireball) that got the speed buff. She didn't get huge buffs, but I've seriously been thinking of picking up Chun. Might start grinding it out now so I'll be ready for Ver.2012.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Pretty happy with the changes so far, not really looking forward to the return of Guile though.

Some of the changes are really strange or so incredibly minor they don't even seem worth implementing.

kitzkozan said:

Why should something you get automatically after losing life, be stronger than something based off burning 4 stocks of ex meter?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DryEyeRelief said:
Why should something you get automatically after losing life, be stronger than something based off burning 4 stocks of ex meter?
Cause you should be rewarded better for getting your ass handed to you!

kitzkozan

DryEyeRelief said:

Because that's how the SFIV system work perhaps? Why should Yun have the strongest super in the game by far, especially having it stronger than both of his ultra not to mention everyone else in the game? The Genei Jin is better as a comeback mechanic than any ultra in the game. Perfect example of no nonsense and contradictory game design and Ono going demented to make sure the character would be cheap as fuck. You can be sure his genei Jin is going to be nerfed, probably moreso than anything else in his repertoire.

DR2K said:
Yeah Ryu needed all those buffs. . . fucking idiots.

Those buffs pretty much do nothing to really help him overall. Really, counter hit EX fireball, how often does that happen? Counterhit close st. HK, I can see people using attempting it. But you're still fishing for a counter hit instead of having a guaranteed combo. The tatsu change I have no idea how that helps or hurts him. Adding 10 damage back to the forward fierce helps a bit, but I think it should go back to 120 considering all the nerfs he has received else where. U2 may be improved and be able to work off a CH ex hado, but in the end no Ryu players will be using it unless they're just trolling on Xbox Live.

Top Bottom