• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

kitzkozan

Infinite Justice said:
I wonder if Art's "AE2012" chant was worth it since Dhalsim and Rose changes are known.?

The twins will probably be hit the hardest with the nerfs, especially Yun so yes and no. I am sure AE2012 will be the better version easily. :)

Pappasman

DR2K said:
Did Cammy return to being Cammy?

from SRK:

"They want to keep the status quo for Cammy. So the only change here was:

-Heavy Spiral Arrow’s hit properties are back to how they were in SSF4 console (TL note: in AE when you combo into heavy Spiral Arrow, sometimes Cammy will go under your opponent and switch… which is especially bad when you’ve successfully pushed him into the corner).

There are more concrete details to this but I’ll touch up on that later. Too technical for me to understand."

kitzkozan

Cammy

They want to keep the status quo for Cammy. So the only change here was:

Heavy Spiral Arrow’s hit properties are back to how they were in SSF4 console (TL note: in AE when you combo into heavy Spiral Arrow, sometimes Cammy will go under your opponent and switch… which is especially bad when you’ve successfully pushed him into the corner).

Akuma

• Demon-flip punch no longer an overhead (TL note: this was one of the few buffs in AE I think), so you can now block low for that.
  • Forward throw now has 2 more recovery frames.
  • As for buffs, when you cancel a teleport into U2, the damage has been increased to 421.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
El Fuerte
• Invincibility returned on Tortilla.

• Reduced charge time on EX Quesadilla Bomb.

• EX Quesadilla Bomb on counter-hit does a wallbounce.

• Fixed the fact that some characters fell out of his RSF (Run Stop Fierce) loop due to recoil.

DR2K

Banned
Pappasman said:
from SRK:

"They want to keep the status quo for Cammy. So the only change here was:

-Heavy Spiral Arrow’s hit properties are back to how they were in SSF4 console (TL note: in AE when you combo into heavy Spiral Arrow, sometimes Cammy will go under your opponent and switch… which is especially bad when you’ve successfully pushed him into the corner).

There are more concrete details to this but I’ll touch up on that later. Too technical for me to understand."

Well they fixed fucked up nerf number 2, but if canon strike height restriction doesn't go away then they should just remove her from the game.

cHaotix8

DR2K said:
Well they fixed fucked up nerf number 2, but if canon strike height restriction doesn't go away then they should just remove her from the game.

She's fine without that shit. It was way too good anyway.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Seth
• Tanden Stream damage reduced to 340.

• The damage from Seth's c.HP into Ultra 1 has been altered in terms of overall damage distribution.

• Angled jumping HP now has four more active frames. Overall frame data in terms of startup and recovery were not changed.

• Neutral jump medium kick now has lower body invincibility.

Glad they didn't nerf him that much, I need more Poongko in my life.

DR2K

Banned
cHaotix8 said:
She's fine without that shit. It was way too good anyway.

3 other characters have it, and they're even easier and more brain dead to apply. Although if the twins got the same height restriction, I would smile.

Edgeward

kitzkozan said:
Cammy

They want to keep the status quo for Cammy. So the only change here was:

Heavy Spiral Arrow’s hit properties are back to how they were in SSF4 console (TL note: in AE when you combo into heavy Spiral Arrow, sometimes Cammy will go under your opponent and switch… which is especially bad when you’ve successfully pushed him into the corner).

Akuma

• Demon-flip punch no longer an overhead (TL note: this was one of the few buffs in AE I think), so you can now block low for that.

Well, that's two things I'm happy about. Need more good news.

Axis

DR2K said:

lolololololololololololololololololololololol

15a90943-85bc-11e0-8f23-5d2a411e8a7d.jpg

Imm0rt4l

digging some of the changes to gouken, but it doesn't look like anything major that shouldn't have been the case anyways. Tatsu will still hit crouching it seems. the old lp palm is now the new medium palm and the new medium palm is the current hp palm which is fucking useless. Nice to see they've removed that. Apparently some stuff to make denjin better which is really needed, but I gotta see it in action.

cHaotix8

DR2K said:
3 other characters have it, and they're even easier and more brain dead to apply. Although if the twins got the same height restriction, I would smile.

The only one that had the same height restriction as her is Rufus and he's the hardest of all the dive kick characters to play. You need to stop crying like a scrub and accept the changes.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Some dude on SRK

Rekka block stun adjusted, after second blocked rekka, most people delay the third one for counter hits. You can now punish delayed third rekka hits accordingly. After blocked 2nd hit of Rekka, Light version 8f, Medium version 10f, Heavy version 12f

(loose translation of this) Flame kick: Light 120 down to 110, Medium 140 down to 120, Heavy 160 down to 150, EX 200 down to 190. Flame kick FADC on block is 1f less on advantage, making it.. ????

F+MK buffed up from 60 to 70

MK Chickenwing nerfed from 30+30+50 (110 total) down to 35+35+30 (100 total)

Fei got off pretty damn light, it seems.

Satyamdas

Banned
DR2K said:
Didn't you quit SF4 and run to Mvc3 anyway? Who cares what you think?

Edgeward

I still hope Cammy's cr mk is improved. That's been on my wish list for the longest time. Or increased throw range. I will take either.

DR2K

Banned
cHaotix8 said:
The only one that had the same height restriction as her is Rufus and he's the hardest of all the dive kick characters to play. You need to stop crying like a scrub and accept the changes.

Rufus is harder to use than Cammy? What kind of nerfs did he get in AE?

Just read the Fei Changes, lol. I really hope that isn't it.

DR2K

Banned
Satyamdas said:
Didn't you quit SF4 and run to Mvc3 anyway? Who cares what you think?

Did I hurt your feelings?

Hey guys the reason this update is happening is because people "cried like scrubs".

I'm too stupid to understand the changes to rekka even if it's in plain english. Does that mean it's a lot harder to frametrap people after they block the second hit? bleh.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Pop On Arrival said:
I'm too stupid to understand the changes to rekka even if it's in plain english. Does that mean it's a lot harder to frametrap people after they block the second hit? bleh.

I think what it means is that anything after the 1st rekka is unsafe no matter what.

Axis

DR2K said:
Hey guys the reason this update is happening is because people "cried like scrubs".

cammy doesn't need tkcs back. yes, it made for a fun playstyle but she's better overall in AE

Edgeward

Lost Fragment said:
I think what it means is that anything after the 1st rekka is unsafe no matter what.

Well, that's a relief. I was tired of getting trapped all the time with the delay rekkas. ._.

Satyamdas

Banned
DR2K said:
Did I hurt your feelings?

No, but I've seen your posts in tournament threads where you bitch and moan and whine about SF4, so I'm just wondering why anyone should take your trolls serious?

Fei Long
• Recovery frames for the second hit of Rekkas (Light, Medium and Hard) have been changed. On block:
Light: -8
Medium: -10
Hard: -12

• Second hit Rekkas have less pushback now, so it's easier to punish on block.

• For light and medium Rekka Kens, the second hit does half as much chip damage.

• Flame Kick's damage has been revised.
Light: 120 -> 110 Medium: 140 -> 120 Hard: 160 -> 150 EX: 200 -> 190
hahaha

kitzkozan

Abel

• Cr.HP is back to how it was in Super.
  • TT Damage up +10: LP 160 MP 180 HP 200
  • Breathless : from startup till active, hit invulnerable. (LOL. People will start trolling with U2, again.)
  • Second Low Hit Stun improved, So when you do 2nd Low FADC, you’ll be at +9 at most.
    Meaning that, you can do 2nd Low FADC Cr.HP U1.

Chavelo

You're doing it wrong if you take any of DR2K posts seriously. Personally, I consider him to be the forum's "stream monster".

Kinda balances things out. And come on... he always brings the laughs! :D

kirblar

Pop On Arrival said:
That's the impression I'm getting.

DR2K

Banned
Axis said:
cammy doesn't need tkcs back. yes, it made for a fun playstyle but she's better overall in AE

Well I'll disagree there, we'll see how AE2012 plays out, I'm just glad she doesn't throw herself into a corner anymore.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Zaro said:
7 mins yeah?

Yes.

Sakura
• Fixed the hitbox on the EX Hurricane Kick. cr.LK cr.LP cr.HP xx EX Hurricane will always work now.

• EX Fireball damage increased. Level 1 release now does 120, Level 2 release does 130.

DR2K

Banned
Satyamdas said:
No, but I've seen your posts in tournament threads where you bitch and moan and whine about SF4, so I'm just wondering why anyone should take your trolls serious?

I didn't like AE so I dropped(play much less than normal) SFIV, AE2012 is looking promising so far, so I'm interested. Not uncommon.

Conceited said:
Yes.

Sakura
• Fixed the hitbox on the EX Hurricane Kick. cr.LK cr.LP cr.HP xx EX Hurricane will always work now.

• EX Fireball damage increased. Level 1 release now does 120, Level 2 release does 130.
I'm waiting to see if Sakura gets any nerfs.

_Xenon_ said:
Damn feilong got nerfed hard.
I wouldn't say hard. As said before its pretty light.
If Comparing Guile from Super To AE, I would consider that hard.
But in this case, I feel it like Bison from Super to AE.

Top Bottom