• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Anth0ny

Gootecks just said via Twitter FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT
not
LIVE.

Really sorry for the delay guys, no way for us to know who's at fault here. We're going to record the show and then post it tonight <3

kitzkozan

Ugh, I'm gonna have to invest some time in the old man again. :p His denjin hadouken was vastly improved with: more damage, faster traveling across the screen, can reduce the charging time like in 3rd strike. :)

Arozay

Meanwhile at Cross Counter

train-wreck-1.jpg

Mœbius

Wow, never realised the simmering Akuma hate here. Hehe.

I find his nerfs strange to be honest (and yes I am an Akuma player) - especially if you play him in an aggressive vortex, high/low mixup style. If not then the nerfs won't really change much, but if you do it's a pretty heavy nerf on paper.

Sure I'll get jumped on for defending a top-tier character, and I've got no complaints about nerfs of clearly broken moves (even if they are hard to execute, like the RH loop from Vanilla), but I really don't think those two things, especially the forward throw, qualified as that.

Anyway, too early to say how it will really change things - maybe new timings and setups can be found to compensate - who knows.

Imm0rt4l said:
Yes, even the purest refined salt from the bottom of the deepest depths of the sea do not compare.....this is delicious.
Link me to one of your posts, lmao

And as a Hawk player, that palm nerf is fucking GLORIOUS.

USD

Jumped to the Fei nerfs the first opportunity I got. He got most of the nerfs I expected (Rekka worse on block, Shien damage nerf, HK Rekku damage nerf, cr.MP damage nerf), but damn, they even took away his AE sweep combo. It says they nerfed the cl.MP &#8594; EX Rekku combo, but does that apply to HK Rekku (the one you'd most likely be using anyway) too? The nerfs won't kill him, since it's only the Rekka nerf is only to the second hit, but still.

Now to look at the other characters.

kitzkozan

RUFUS:

Not much change overall, as they made efforts to keep the character balance as it was. However, the LK follow-up of his MK Jesus Kick now hits in combo, while Big Bang Typhoon now delivers a maximum of 10 AA hits (10 hits = 236 damage).

FUERTE

They aimed to make him more fun to play without heavily affecting his overall balance. Tortilla has reverted to its Vanilla form, i.e., invincible straight after start-up), EX Quesadilla Bomb now only takes 210 frames of charge and wall-bounces, and both level 3 regular and EX Quesadilla Bombs only freeze Fuerte for 10 frames on hit.

Elsewhere, cr.LP can be chain cancelled into other jab or short moves, while st.FP, Habanero Dash, Sliding now works on everyone.

SETH

Only small changes here, apparently. Tanden Stream only does 340 damage now, but cr.HP, Tanden Stream does full damage. Furthermore, if the first hit connects, Seth becomes invincible for the entire animation.

Otherwise, his jumping FP now has 4 active frames and nj.MK has lower body fireball invincibility after the active frames finish. Also, the issue of cr.LP, cr.MP not hitting some characters after a successful j.HK has been partially remedied (they say ‘loosened’&#12288;or ‘eased’, rather than ‘fixed’, so it’s probably still there to some extent).

AKUMA

Alterations made to moves used in his cyclone. Demon Flip can now be blocked high or low, while his Goshoha normal throw now freezes him for 2 more frames. On the other hand, Demon Armageddon now does 421 damage.

GOUKEN

One of the most altered characters, the devs say. The main changes are to his Denjin and Senku Goshoha. His Denjin can be sped up to up to twice its normal speed and powered up by over half damage by doing a 3S SA3 Ryu (spinning the stick like a loon from Ultra start-up until you let go of the attack buttons). There are three speed-ups and five damage levels, with the charge times as follows:

Level 1 – 13 frames
Level 2 – 17 frames
Level 3 – 37 frames
Level 4 – 57 frames
Level 5 – 80 frames

Each fully-charged Denjin now does 45 more damage, while charge times are now the same regardless of the amount of your ultra gauge.

As for the Senku Goshoha, LP hits further in front, MP is the same as his Super LP version and HP is the same as his Super MP version. Also, Kongoshin has a slighty larger hitbox and deals 200 stun, while cr.HP deals more hitstun and so locks the opponent in place for longer, allowing cl.MP, cr.HP, EX Senku Goshoha to hit everyone.

CAMMY

Hardly any change, so apparently no TKCS for you! HK Spiral Arrow now hits the same as it did in Super (1st hit 7F, 2nd hit 12F).

FEI

Nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf. Massive frame disadvantage on blocked 2nd Rekkas (LP: 8 frames, MP: 10, HP: 12), spacing is closer after a blocked 2nd Rekka, while chip on 1st and 2nd stage LP and MP Rekkas has been halved.

Shienkyaku has been given a damage decrease (LK, HK, EX = -10, MK = -20), and even if you FADC after a blocked Shienkyaku, you will find yourself at a 1 frame disadvantage. Also, his Chicken Wing now deals 100 damage if all 3 hits connect and your chances of crossing up with it are now slim. cl.MP into EX Chicken Wing is no longer a semi-loop, and both cl.LP and f.LP have lost a frame of advantage.

Finally, cr.MP now deals 55 damage, but don’t worry Fei fans: his MK Hop Kick (Chokka Rakushou) now does 10 more damage!

SAKURA

EX Shunpukyaku has been fixed so that all characters are hit by the last hit during cr.LK, cr.LP, cr.HP, EX Shunpukyaku.

Also, EX Hadoken now does 120 uncharged and 130 charged.

GEN

Crane stance cr.HP now only receives 1.25 counter hit damage when Gen is hit, and his Crane stance cr.HK now has 5 active frames. Hitting the last hit of MK or HK Gekiro gives you a +10 bonus to your super meter, while the last hit of HK Gekiro also results in a hard knock-down.

The number of hits, the damage level and the distance travelled by EX Jyasen can now be controlled by changing the two attack buttons used to activate the move. It is also totally invulnerable to fireballs. Moreover, all versions of Jyasen now cause 4 more frames of hitstun when the second to last hit connects or is blocked.

Finally, Shitenketsu now takes 7 frames to start up.

DAN

cl.HK has shorter knockback to allow a follow-up close attack when it hits properly. cl.MP and cr.HK now start up in 5 and 10 frames respectively, leading to cl.HK, cl.MP, cr.MK, EX Dankukyaku or even counter cl.MP, cr.HK.

EX Air Dankukyaku can be done from his 7th airborne frame now, but its stun has been reduced to a maximum of 250. Koryuken, FADC, EX Air Dankukyaku can be done now.

HK Air Dankukyaku now deal 3 hits of 50 damage each and the regular HK Dankukyaku does 130 damage overall. More importantly, crouching taunt and jumping taunt now have a super meter bonus if they hit or are blocked (+70 for a hit and +30 for a block). This is the most important thing you will read in the whole blog.

Also, every hit of Hisshou Buraiken now hits everyone when activated at point blank range.

HAWK

cr.HK blockstun has been increased by 2 frames to stop people from jumping away from the 2nd hit. Also, his head is now invulnerable to fireballs during this move. Moreover, his Heavy Body Press can now be used from a neutral jump and his Thrust Peak is now just -2 on hit. He is also unthrowable during the start-up of his MP Tomahawk Buster (until he is classed as in the air, in fact).

Finally, his Condor Spire has been given an improved shortcut.

Top Bottom