• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Bloody fart... I always miss this thread going into high gear, and as soon as I get here shit dies and crickets sound off everywhere.

I'm ambivalent towards seths changes, on one hand he didn't get nerfed, on the other he didn't get buffed. Celebration?

edit : I hate you guys...seriously. Big time.

AZ Greg said:
D-Day for the twins and Mak. :)

Also can't wait for DJ changes. Hi threi!

Hey all. Lurker here with my first official SFGaf post.

Should we really be expecting nerfs for Mak and DJ? They seem to be perfectly fine in AE IMO. Also as far as the twins go, I'll be content with a slight range nerf to their command grabs and altering the properties of Yun's ex lunge punch to make it less stupid. Tweaks to Yun's dive kicks would also be nice but nothing too drastic. Also anticipating what they have in store for Hakan. Not looking for any considerable buffs but shaving off say 1 or 2 start up frames on a couple of his normals (low strong, st. fwd) would be more than satisfactory.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
_dementia said:
Suggestion for Hakan buff: EX oil gives him Yun's moveset for the rest of the round.
deal

biosnake20 said:
Wait do we know which characters changes are gonna be revealed next or are we just specualting?

We're going to hear about the characters added from Super next, so Juri, Hakan and everyone else. I'm thinking they'll save the AE additions for tomorrow.

Busaiku

biosnake20 said:
Wait do we know which characters changes are gonna be revealed next or are we just specualting?
They did 13 characters the previous 2 days, there are only 13 characters left.
DryEyeRelief said:
We're going to hear about the characters added from Super next
They did T. Hawk already.
It's just 13/13/13.

DryEyeRelief said:
We're going to hear about the characters added from Super next, so Juri, Hakan and everyone else. I'm thinking they'll save the AE additions for tomorrow.
Ah, that makes sense. I hope Oni gets some buffs tomorrow.

Corky

Guys, I just played Zangief for the first time and... I enjoyed the hell out of him. Help, there's a tingling sensation in my penile glands.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky said:
Guys, I just played Zangief for the first time and... I enjoyed the hell out of him. Help, there's a tingling sensation in my penile glands.
get your ass back to 3s, dawg!

Corky

Yoshichan said:
get your ass back to 3s, dawg!

I don't understand this videogame...3s, of which you speak.
Does it have polygonal 3d visuals. No?!'

Get out.
ZP8qy.jpg

Yoshichan

GRAWRL, IT'S ON

Yoshichan

YOU KNOW IT

Except, I'm the worst Hugo player in this universe ._.

Busaiku said:
They did 13 characters the previous 2 days, there are only 13 characters left.

They did T. Hawk already.

There's not a set division based on which game they appeared in, but the ordering is based on that.

I'm expecting Yun/Yang/Oni/E.Ryu will be separate because they're going to get a lot of changes.

Wiseblade

kitzkozan said:
FUERTE
They aimed to make him more fun to play without heavily affecting his overall balance. Tortilla has reverted to its Vanilla form, i.e., invincible straight after start-up), EX Quesadilla Bomb now only takes 210 frames of charge and wall-bounces, and both level 3 regular and EX Quesadilla Bombs only freeze Fuerte for 10 frames on hit.

Elsewhere, cr.LP can be chain cancelled into other jab or short moves, while st.FP, Habanero Dash, Sliding now works on everyone.

I'M BACK!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
qcf x2 said:
They went from removing post-KO hits for "sportsmanship" reasons but now with Dan they're giving you a huge reward for basically T-bagging someone in a match, lol.
Oh man, I so wish they would put those courtesy duffs back in. I really don't see what the big fucking deal is.

SolarPowered said:
I feel that Makoto finally got what she deserved in AE. I hope they don't change too much stuff...

I actually think the Makoto changes are going to cause a bigger clusterfuck than the Akuma ones.

Professor Beef said:
Say that to the japanese.

Some people get so offended with those. My bro-in-law being one of them.

The best is when I'd finish a round with a weak normal, causing them to crumple. Then I'd throw in a last minute attack to rub it in.

My morton-ass bro in law would yell out, "DON'T HIT ME!!!"

edit: he's Japanese COINCIDENCE??

mr. puppy

Banned
i cannot believe they buffed balrog. and they're nerfing everybody above him. that character is going to be really good soon.

lol and fuck you viper.

Corky

mr. puppy said:
i cannot believe they buffed balrog. and they're nerfing everybody above him. that character is going to be really good soon.

lol and fuck you viper.

Fix his goddamn headbutt into ultra and I'll play him again.

the_log_ride said:

The best is when I'd finish a round with a weak normal, causing them to crumple. Then I'd throw in a last minute attack to rub it in.

My morton-ass bro in law would yell out, "DON'T HIT ME!!!"

edit: he's Japanese COINCIDENCE??
All about dat honor, even though I just got done beating that ass. What's so bad about a post-match smack?

_dementia said:
:(

hey how about making other characters as good as Yun instead

You and I both know thats now how Capcom "balances" so why hold hope for something thats not going to happen? The most Yun can hope for is to not be beaten too badly by the nerfbat.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
the_log_ride said:
Eh, that's just weak in my opinion. Those babies should grow up. I just wanna be able to Yoga Tower after I win :(

Being somewhat versed in Japanese culture (I'm not an expert), I can see how that might be a tad offensive, but they shouldn't be crying about it.

LProtag

Super bad training day for me. Got blown up a lot. Almost beat a somewhat highly ranked Yun though, went 1-2 and the last one was close. Felt kinda good about that.

Rentahamster said:
Eh, that's just weak in my opinion. Those babies should grow up. I just wanna be able to Yoga Tower after I win :(

Being somewhat versed in Japanese culture (I'm not an expert), I can see how that might be a tad offensive, but they shouldn't be crying about it.

Ha, I know. I normally pull those off in anticipation of a chip victory. Hit taunt or tower just before the last chip kills...

the_log_ride said:
Ha, I know. I normally pull those off in anticipation of a chip victory. Hit taunt or tower just before the last chip kills...
It's way harder to get the dan fireball > Super Taunt cancel for the win now, but it's oh-so-worth it.

MIMIC

Banned
_dementia said:
Suggestion for Hakan buff: EX oil gives him Yun's moveset for the rest of the round.

Hakan: Street Fighter's Rogue.

Wiseblade said:
I'M BACK!

I honestly never "felt" the change. Maybe my tortillas were just always perfect =p

And I guess it's nice that the Q-bomb requires less charge now. It's such an odd move (input wise) given Fuerte's style but I guess Capcom is trying to make people use it more. I only use after landing an Ultra ("holy shit! WTF was that move?!" my opponent would probably say). I mean, since the Ultra animation is so long, why not charge a Q-bomb? :) lol I also use it to surprise a turtle.

Top Bottom