• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

LProtag

I guess if Makoto gets nerfed to hell I can just stick with Ken, seems like he's going to be a solid character in 2012.

Forever a scrub.

InsertNameHere said:
I guess if Makoto gets nerfed to hell I can just stick with Ken, seems like he's going to be a solid character in 2012.

Forever a scrub.
Play who you like, don't let tier influence you!

Unless you play competitively

LProtag

Haha, I was just joking in response to a few people who said Makoto's going to get hit hard with nerfs. Though really if she's still hard to play for less payoff, I don't know if I have the time to commit for that.

DR2K

Banned
InsertNameHere said:

Forever a scrub.

Why would Makoto get nerfed, lol?

DR2K

Banned
_dementia said:
:(

hey how about making other characters as good as Yun instead

Considering all the buffs(most of them being undone nerfs from AE) there isn't a character anywhere near as good as him.

Wiseblade

MIMIC said:
Hakan: Street Fighter's Rogue.

I honestly never "felt" the change. Maybe my tortillas were just always perfect =p

And I guess it's nice that the Q-bomb requires less charge now. It's such an odd move (input wise) given Fuerte's style but I guess Capcom is trying to make people use it more. I only use after landing an Ultra ("holy shit! WTF was that move?!" my opponent would probably say). I mean, since the Ultra animation is so long, why not charge a Q-bomb? :) lol I also use it to surprise a turtle.
The invincibility loss affected me lot because I had become so used to reflexively using tortilla as a budget anti-air(among many other things). I'd also gotten really used to usink lk guac to escape wakeup pressure just before AE hit too...

The main problem with the Q-Bomb is that it only worked with the element of surprise. You can't really follow it up with anything either, so it just sits there being useless. I would have loved it if Capcom had changed it so level 3 and EX bombs gave untechable KDs on top of the reduced charge. It would have been a nice way to start wakeup shenanigans.

DR2K

Banned
AZ Greg said:
It's coming...

Nothing about her screams OP. She's a solid character now though, but she isn't setting the tournament scene on fire, nor does she have any huge match up advantages.

kitzkozan

_dementia said:
Play who you like, don't let tier influence you!

Unless you play competitively

Yep, it doesn't matter unless you are actually part of that 1-2% of players able to win tournaments (and the upper 10-20% who can hang with those monsters). You are better off using that Hakan or whatever and troll online if you find it fun than being another mediocre Yun. :p I don't have any intention of playing SFXTekken seriously, but I'm going to troll with Kuma for sure.

Uryo is great, one of the best player in the world. However, he's not Daigo or Fuudo who are proven champions (Fuudo mostly in VF) . Is he better off being another strong Yun (would he be better than Momochi or Kazu?) or have a far bigger impact by playing Sakura which he seems to enjoy playing as a bonus? It wouldn't surprise me if he's invited to Season's beating VI just because of that elite Sakura play.

AZ Greg

DR2K said:
Nothing about her screams OP. She's a solid character now though, but she isn't setting the tournament scene on fire, nor does she have any huge match up advantages.

I don't remember a lot of the characters that got nerfed in AE setting the tournament world on fire either.

RIP Mak herp derp

DR2K

Banned
AZ Greg said:
I don't remember a lot of the characters that got nerfed in AE setting the tournament world on fire either.

RIP Mak herp derp

Well they're undoing most of said nerfs. The only character so far to get any major nerf is Feilong, major tournament top tier, and to a smaller extent Viper. Everyone else has either been left alone or buffed.

DR2K said:

I might be wrong here but doesn't she get some stupidly damaging/stunning combos in the corner with two ex-bars? Whilst messing around in practice I seem to remember being able to kill full health Ibuki after landing a Tsurugi and guessing right on the following mix-up.

Spirit of Jazz said:
I might be wrong here but doesn't she get some stupidly damaging/stunning combos in the corner with two ex-bars? Whilst messing around in practice I seem to remember being able to kill full health Ibuki after landing a Tsurugi and guessing right on the following mix-up.
That's just being true to the character

kitzkozan

DR2K said:

Tournament scene representation is often overrated. You will mostly see top tier characters which are quite easy to play so that can screw perception. Example being Wolverine in MvC3 or Chun Li+Ken in 3rd strike. Cammy is moderately easy to learn and play, but Boxer will always be easier to play and have more representation, especially if he's close to top tier in AE 2012. Both could be overpowered still...

Akuma is a good or very good character in most game that he's in, but he's never that popular compared to Ryu or Ken. Just look at how most people are completely trash with him and you quickly understand why (and that low health is a killer if you are sloppy) . That didn't stop him from receiving nerfs in AE 2012. :p

kitzkozan

Kadey said:
Sounds like Yipes may be leaving EMP too.

I have a feeling that King of Chinatown damaged the credibility of EMP+Triforce beyond repair...

I'm sure there's pressure from family and friends+sponsors to leave the sinking ship.

kitzkozan said:
I have a feeling that King of Chinatown damaged the credibility of EMP+Triforce beyond repair...

I'm sure there's pressure from family and friends+sponsors to leave the sinking ship.
I honestly believe that if Yipes leaves, EMP is done for.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Mak will probably either get slight nerfs or slight buffs or nothing at all. Nobody really bitches about her except for Dhalsim players.

Still kinda nervous about what they're gonna do though. But I'll keep repping the Mak regardless.

DR2K

Banned
kitzkozan said:
Tournament scene representation is often overrated. You will mostly see top tier characters which are quite easy to play so that can screw perception. Example being Wolverine in MvC3 or Chun Li+Ken in 3rd strike. Cammy is moderately easy to learn and play, but Boxer will always be easier to play and have more representation, especially if he's close to top tier in AE 2012. Both could be overpowered still...

Akuma is a good or very good character in most game that he's in, but he's never that popular compared to Ryu or Ken. Just look at how most people are completely trash with him and you quickly understand why (and that low health is a killer if you are sloppy) . That didn't stop him from receiving nerfs in AE 2012. :p

It's what character is doing consistently well in tournament scenes that's determining these nerfs so far. Which is why Feilong, Akuma, and Viper got the brunt of nerfs.

kitzkozan

DR2K said:
It's what character is doing consistently well in tournament scenes that's determining these nerfs so far. Which is why Feilong, Akuma, and Viper got the brunt of nerfs.

Makoto won't receive a lot of nerfs if any. I think she's perfectly fine as she is, but I expect a couple of tweaks here and there. I think they will mostly look at her as being close to Ken in term of tier ranking. :p The twins will be on the receiving end of the nerf bat. I'm really looking forward to what they do with Juri, Evil Ryu and Oni. :)

vulva

DR2K said:
cammy's fine the way she is

Azure J

Makoto getting nerfed would invoke so many conflicting emotions in myself. On one hand, it's fucking Makoto and nothing's gonna stop me from playing her overall, that is like my favorite fighting game design on both gameplay and character levels. On another, I didn't grind out so much shit for it to all turn useless before I showed my stuff online for Fighting-GAF did I? :/

Also, I only just found out why Fei Long was being called the other S character next to "Yun-verine", that dude has like a minor shade of Third Strike Chun going on. He has great damage, his normals are godlike and his pokes can stuff so much shit. I was actually surprised watching this, he is so straightforward my mind couldn't wrap itself around what he was doing to get so many wins while I was just using him for like the third or fourth time overall.

Viper being the third of my "hope to master" trio doesn't seem to have anything drastic changed, and the buffing of Burning Dance is making me want to use that ultra more now. I always had this thing about using what was underused out of morbid curiosity and this is just giving me another reason to give it a shot.

kitzkozan

AzureJericho said:
Makoto getting nerfed would invoke so many conflicting emotions in myself. On one hand, it's fucking Makoto and nothing's gonna stop me from playing her overall, that is like my favorite fighting game design on both gameplay and character levels. On another, I didn't grind out so much shit for it to all turn useless before I showed my stuff online for Fighting-GAF did I? :/

Also, I only just found out why Fei Long was being called the other S character next to "Yun-verine", that dude has like a minor shade of Third Strike Chun going on. He has great damage, his normals are godlike and his pokes can stuff so much shit. I was actually surprised watching this, he is so straightforward my mind couldn't wrap itself around what he was doing to get so many wins while I was just using him for like the third or fourth time overall.

Viper being the third of my "hope to master" trio doesn't seem to have anything drastic changed, and the buffing of Burning Dance is making me want to use that ultra more now. I always had this thing about using what was underused out of morbid curiosity and this is just giving me another reason to give it a shot.

According to most tier list: Ken, Akuma, C.Viper, Makoto, Sagat, Cammy are all high tier, just below the Hong Kong gods. Akuma and C.Viper received a couple of nerfs, but it was expected of Viper given how she always connect her ultra which deal ton of damage (and a high damage output to begin with) . A lot of players including Satyamdas or even Mike Ross find Viper cheap as fuck so no surprise there. Akuma vortex is frustrating for many and has been for a couple of years already. Makoto has nothing that can reasonably be called cheap except how she easily land her U1 which is not among the hardest hitting anyway (and her defense is ass) .

LProtag

Got a few wins tonight. Doesn't offset the feeling of getting beaten by a real scrubby player who refused to play me in a rematch though.

InsertNameHere said:
Got a few wins tonight. Doesn't offset the feeling of getting beaten by a real scrubby player who refused to play me in a rematch though.

One day you will be that person though, so it's ok. Just remember his name as well. You will run into him one day and body him free.

AZ Greg said:
vega5.jpg

Says "Hi"
Where can I get this toy?

New Watch
Didn't get dumped
Steak Dinner
Deus Ex / SE Points
Beautiful Day Trip to Semiahmoo Resort
Bodied almost every single person I played with that bipson, including Yun's and Oni's
Possible Street Fighter Japan Time Incoming

Best day since i cant remember when.

Top Bottom