• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Soulstar said:
Why are they Vagina taxing Makoto!?
Yeah, it bums me out too. Damage nerfs are fine though. I can't decipher any of the Google translate gibberish, but if her jumping MK got a better hitbox it'll all be worth it. Seems like Tanden Renki got tweaked too.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Rickenslacker said:
Yeah, it bums me out too. Damage nerfs are fine though. I can't decipher any of the Google translate gibberish, but if her jumping MK got a better hitbox it'll all be worth it. Seems like Tanden Renki got tweaked too.

I'm not sure if they're talking about her j.mk or her mk tsuguri.

GunbladeV

Banned
• Standing Roundhouse counterhit is now +7
• Air Jab can now cross up
• Air Fierce is active for 7 frames (1 longer than in AE)
• Focus Attack level 1 is -3 on hit or block
• Medium and Heavy Short Swing Blow are less vulnerable to low attacks
• Thunderbolt will now always complete if it hits and causes untechable knockdown, and the EX version will not flash on the way up
• The Rose is focus and super cancelable
• Ultra 1 Rolling Thunder will connect fully on aerial opponents

is whats up

USD

YANG
-Target Combo 2 130 damage, -7 on second attack
-st.LK start-up to 5F, but has the original start up during Sei'ei Enbu
-cr.LK from 30 damage to 20, upward extended hurtbox
-cr.MP from 80 to 70 damage, 60 during Sei'ei Enbu
-(Far) st.MP hitbox pushed backwards, thus has shorter range
-diagonal j.MK hitbox changed, landing cross-ups is not as easier as before
-Raigekishu (dive kick): all versions have an addition hurtbox rectangle when activated, 2F extra landing recovery; stun from 100 to 50
-Senkyutai (roll kick): up until 5F, HK no longer has projectile-invincibility, MK has no projectile-invincibility at all
-All versions of Senkyutai (including EX) have about half size horizontal hitbox, all are 4F worse on guard
-EX Zenpou Tenshin has less reach, loses throw invincibility from the 8F onward
-Tourou Zan (mantis slashes): final hit of LP, MP, HP damage to 60; EX version now a true blockstring for all hits
-Byakko Soshoda (palm): MP, HP meter gain on whiff from 20 to 10, two extra frames to LP, MP, HP
-HP damage from 150 to 140, chip to 30, stun from 250 to 200; MP, HP have 4 less active frames
-Sei'ei Enbu is a second shorter, does less damage from chip
-Raishin Mahaken (UC1) from 480 to 450 at full UC meter
-Tenshin Senkyutai (UC2) is 3F slower, from 440 to 410 at full UC meter; the last hit of the non-cinematic version does 90 damage

Dudley

• Thunderbolt will now always complete if it hits and causes untechable knockdown, and the EX version will not flash on the way up

From SRK

DR2K

Banned
Soulstar said:
Why are they Vagina taxing Makoto!?

They found out Makoto was a girl. Took 10 years.

Yun
-Higher high restriction for Raigekishu (dive kick), for LK, MK, and HK (all versions)

Yang
-Raigekishu (dive kick): all versions have an addition hurtbox rectangle when activated, 2F extra landing recovery; stun from 100 to 50

DR2K said:
Although if the twins got the same height restriction, I would smile.

lol

Edgeward

Cody

• Walk speed both forwards and backwards has been increased.

• Hammer Hook (Toward + Hard Punch) has been heavily revised in terms of frame advantage. If Hammer Hook lands on a standing opponent, then Cody is at +3 frame advantage. If he hits a crouching opponent with it he gets +1 frame advantage. If the move is guarded, Cody is at -4 frame disadvantage.

• This might be a typo in the blog, but they say: cr.LK xx MK Ruffian Kick is now possible. But that was already possible.

Eventhubs

gutabo

I don't know if eventhubs is now sponsoring someone or not but their shady SEO linking tactics and crappy credits are still going strong and you can see an example in the last article about the AE 2012 changes. USD is referenced with no neogaf mention in text whatsoever and with a link to the main neogaf forum page. SMH.

Edgeward said:
• The amount of time that a "Counter Hit" can be registered on Dee Jay after he fires an Air Slasher has been decreased.

Why the fuck was this needed?

Wasn't the counter hit window crazy huge for deejay going into AE?

Shouts to usd and others for the translations. Roc, so we maiming hakan now, right?

cHaotix8

GunbladeV said:

is whats up

CH rh is good, that's one of the buffs I requested back in super. All of these are good, looks like 3S dudley is back with the rose FADC

kirblar

• Bad Spray is now Super cancelable — up to the first two hits. Because of this new property, you can now FADC Bad Spray.

• Bad Spray FADC into Final Destruction (Ultra 1) is now possible.
Via EventHubs- more Cody buffs!

Busaiku

Edgeward said:
Cody

• Hammer Hook (Toward + Hard Punch) has been heavily revised in terms of frame advantage. If Hammer Hook lands on a standing opponent, then Cody is at +3 frame advantage. If he hits a crouching opponent with it he gets +1 frame advantage. If the move is guarded, Cody is at -4 frame disadvantage.

• This might be a typo in the blog, but they say: cr.LK xx MK Ruffian Kick is now possible. But that was already possible.

Eventhubs
FREAKING YES
kirblar said:
OH MY GOD

Imm0rt4l

GunbladeV said:

is whats up

OMG

I'm guessing jumping short is the crossup, since it already crosses up.

kitzkozan

USD said:
YANG
-Target Combo 2 130 damage, -7 on second attack
-st.LK start-up to 5F, but has the original start up during Sei'ei Enbu
-cr.LK from 30 damage to 20, upward extended hurtbox
-cr.MP from 80 to 70 damage, 60 during Sei'ei Enbu
-(Far) st.MP hitbox pushed backwards, thus has shorter range
-diagonal j.MK hitbox changed, landing cross-ups is not as easier as before
-Senkyutai (roll kick): up until 5F, HK no longer has projectile-invincibility, MK has no projectile-invincibility at all
-All versions of Senkyutai (including EX) have about half size horizontal hitbox, all are 4F worse on guard
-EX Zenpou Tenshin has less reach, loses throw invincibility from the 8F onward
-Tourou Zan (mantis slashes): final hit of LP, MP, HP damage to 60; EX version now a true blockstring for all hits
-Byakko Soshoda (palm): MP, HP meter gain on whiff from 20 to 10, two extra frames to LP, MP, HP
-HP damage from 150 to 140, chip to 30, stun from 250 to 200; MP, HP have 4 less active frames
-Sei'ei Enbu is a second shorter, does less damage from chip
-Raishin Mahaken (UC1) from 480 to 450 at full UC meter
-Tenshin Senkyutai (UC2) is 3F slower, from 440 to 410 at full UC meter; the last hit of the non-cinematic version does 90 damage

:( Back to where Yang belong, the mid tier...

kirblar

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Juri is going to be the last character translated, isn't she? Based on google translate it looks like lots of changes to how U1 works?
Yeah, it's looking like some sort of overhaul- I think Yun's Genei Jin exposed just how awkward that type of Super is for an Ultra comeback mechanism, especially since she can't activate it mid-combo like Yun could.

zlatko

Banned
kirblar said:

dylan.gif

G..G...G.....GOD DAAAAMN!

DR2K

Banned
Lazy vs Crazy said:
Juri is going to be the last character translated, isn't she? Based on google translate it looks like lots of changes to how U1 works?

It is the most useless ultra in the game, hopefully she gets a damage or a speed buff besides just being able to link shit.

USD

MAKOTO
-From 1000 to 950 health (back to Super value)
-Fukiage damage for LP, MP, HP from 100 to 90, EX from 140 to 120
-EX Karakusa has less ranage
-st.HK has a lower extended hitbox
-Target Combo 1's st.MK can be cancelled, like the normal version
-Tanden Renki (Super Combo) is 3 seconds londer
-neutral j.MP has a forward extended hitbox, hurtbox
-Hayate have improved properties on charge
-LP Lv3, Lv4 and MP Lv4 have further forward movement, all Lv4 strengths are -2 on guard
-All Lv5 strengths are armor break, further forward movement, from 170 to 190 damage
-Can tell when you reach Lv5 charge timing by Makoto's voice

Busaiku

Eventhubs said:
• Bad Spray is now Super cancelable — up to the first two hits. Because of this new property, you can now FADC Bad Spray.
• Bad Spray FADC into Final Destruction (Ultra 1) is now possible.
• Medium Ruffian Kick has had a hitbox size increase in the forward direction.
• EX Zonk Knuckle's range on the first hit was increased.
• The blog notes that EX Zonk Knuckle -> FADC -> into Final Destruction (Ultra 1) is a little easier now.
• Cody can now block during his Knife Pickup animation.
• Knife Standing Light Punch active time increased to 6 frames.
• Knife Standing Medium Punch is now a two-hit move.
• Knife Standing Hard Punch has had its active frames increased by 3, making it a total of 6 active frames.
JUST TOO GOOD
EDIT - AND IT'S STILL GOING

_Xenon_

Banned
Lazy vs Crazy said:
My sloppy translation:
1. 2nd hit of close st.mk has better hitbox (used to whiff low)
2. focus attack has better hitbox (used to whiff low) <--- this is huge for me at least
3. fireball kick does ssf4 damage (50)
4. focus-able pinwheel hit (1st hit for lk pin, 1st 2nd hits for the other pins) does more hit stun so pinwheel -> fadc -> u2 is possible
5. during fengshui engine:
(1) ex dive kick has 3 versions just like non-ex dive kick
(2) ex pin won't be stuffed on the 1st hit (I'm not sure about this)
(3) build more meter (I'm not sure about this)
(4) faster dash and walk

cHaotix8

GunbladeV said:
I'm not really sure i understand the use of the new rose

Meaty setups on wakeup that force the player to block or reversal. If they crouch tech/grab, don't block, jump, backdash they get counterhit.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Conceited said:
Hope they didn't nerf Adon :|
All of the charge and grapple characters have been buffed . . . I'm very curious to see what they're doing for him to compensate.

Morris

Disco Devil
Yun got hit with the nerf pipe fucking hard.

:'(

Duds buffs are ok, I guess, nothing mayor. I bet SSB is still going to suck. Cancelable rose look interesting.

I hope he gets some decent juggles with U1. I wanna see stuff like ~DP fadc back U1 or ~ex mgb, ducking punch fadc back U1 working. Could be sick if it doesn't scale hard (or if it's even possible)

Top Bottom