• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

zlatko

Banned
DjangoReinhardt said:
The extent of the Yun and Yang nerfs seem kinda crazy given that they're coupled with buffs for the rest of the cast.

I feel Yang got hit the hardest out of Yun/Fei/Yang. Yang was a good middle ground between the two of them, but the amount of shit they nerfed may just bring him to low mid tier at best.

It's up to Rom to hold it down solo on that Yang army now.

Pappasman

from eventhubs:

"Iffy translation: Ibuki's Ultra 2 has been altered so that it juggles airborne opponents."

hahaha

edit: "The blog had a hard time explaining this one, but basically after a Level 2 Focus Attack, and allowing the opponent to crumple, all hits of Ultra 2 will still land."

FINALLY CODY IS GODLIKE. But on a serious note damn, i expected them to buff him but that much? Damn. Well now I cant wait for AE2012. And i hope these changes stay after the loc tests. REMINDER: THESE CHANGES ARENT FINAL, FOR ANY OF THE CHARACTERS.

cHaotix8

Pappasman said:
from eventhubs:

"Iffy translation: Ibuki's Ultra 2 has been altered so that it juggles airborne opponents."

hahaha

So you can't even backdash it on reaction? How do you beat that shit without a reversal?

Imm0rt4l

correction I'm going to be juggling gouken, dudley, Yun, and Ibuki.....

Cody is going to be too good in this game.

cHaotix8 said:
So you can't even backdash it on reaction? How do you beat that shit without a reversal?

neutral jump.

_Xenon_

Banned
So if ibuki does forward dash U1 what you gonna do?

block -> eat grab
jump -> eat fireball
back dash -> eat fireball

Damn Ibuki am top tier confirmed.

zlatko

Banned
biosnake20 said:
FINALLY CODY IS GODLIKE. But on a serious note damn, i expected them to buff him but that much? Damn. Well now I cant wait for AE2012. And i hope these changes stay after the loc tests. REMINDER: THESE CHANGES ARENT FINAL, FOR ANY OF THE CHARACTERS.

I hope the Cody stuff stays and they add in even more.

He's one of the most bad ass characters in SF history, and he deserves to be top 5 when he cracks domes with pipes and chucks rocks at people just cuz.

kitzkozan

Ibuki also going up the tier list, but we could see 15-20 characters easily who are going to be really competitive. Heck, Dan and Hakan might end up bottom tier and both will still be decent at worst.

Busaiku

zlatko said:
I hope the Cody stuff stays and they add in even more.

He's one of the most bad ass characters in SF history, and he deserves to be top 5 when he cracks domes with pipes and chucks rocks at people just cuz.
If they do the changes I've been asking for (EX Crack invincible on startup and hk Crack hitting on crouch), he'll be top tier for sure!

DR2K

Banned
_Xenon_ said:

block -> eat grab
jump -> eat fireball

Most characters can just use an ultra.

USD

IBUKI
-Bonshougeri (F+HK) has different movement trajectory, will hit crouching opponents more easily; +1 on hit, +5 on counterhit, -3 on block
-Koube Kudaki (F+MK), including TC version, from 26F to 25F start-up
-Tsuijigoe (command jump) is throw-invincible until Ibuki is airborne, from activation until 12F has a smaller hurtbox, making low attacks are easier to dodge; can Super-cancel from an earlier timing than before
-At point-blank, can use the move to dodge a throw and hit the opponent with Kasumi Suzaku (Super Combo)
-The projectile portion of Yoroitoshi (UC1) will now give you full hit animation against airborne opponents
-Based on the opponent and spacing, you can catch a backdash with UC1 and get the full animation, even if the throw portion (which comes first) whiffs
-Hashinsho (UC2) will now hit up until the lock animation against mid-air opponents
-For example, if you hit a mid-air opponent with Focus Attack Lv2, you will now land all of the pre-cinematic hits (but not the full ultra, I'm assuming).

Next quote, next character. I really should be double checking this shit though.

Warpticon

_Xenon_ said:

block -> eat grab
jump -> eat fireball

Hit her out of it. The grab starts in 2 frames anyway: it's useless in its current incarnation except as a punish or off a crumple stun.

Codys definitely godlike now but still not top tier. His offense is ridiculous now, but his defense only got a little better. On untechable knockdown he is still free and his backdash is still garbage. And to get out safely you need two bars.

Edit: Guy got buffed like crazy too. FINAL FIGHT REPRESENT.

Imm0rt4l

USD said:
IBUKI
-Bonshougeri (F+HK) has different movement trajectory, will hit crouching opponents more easily; +1 on hit, +5 on counterhit, -3 on block
-Koube Kudaki (F+MK), including TC version, from 26F to 25F start-up
-Tsuijigoe (command jump) is throw-invincible until Ibuki is airborne, from activation until 12F has a smaller hurtbox, making low attacks are easier to dodge; can Super-cancel from an earlier timing than before
-At point-blank, can use the move to dodge a throw and hit the opponent with Kasumi Suzaku (Super Combo)
-The projectile portion of Yoroitoshi (UC1) will now give you full hit animation against airborne opponents
-Based on the opponent and spacing, you can catch a backdash with UC1 and get the full animation, even if the throw portion (which comes first) whiffs
-Hashinsho (UC2) will now hit up until the lock animation against mid-air opponents
-For example, if you hit a mid-air opponent with Focus Attack Lv2, you will now land all of the pre-cinematic hits (but not the full ultra, I'm assuming).

Next quote, next character. I really should be double checking this shit though.
evil ryu

NeoUltima

Meh, Guy buffs aren't very exciting. Wish they would buff his ground normals, not his air ones.
Well, at least he didn't get any nerfs.

cHaotix8

Warpticon said:
Hit her out of it. The grab starts in 2 frames anyway: it's useless in its current incarnation except as a punish or off a crumple stun.

If it has any invincibility it'll beat all safe jumps. You'd have to be doing a meaty before she does it for any character besides a grappler to beat it.

Evil Ryu
- Closer to Akuma.
- Health 900, stun 900
- Far st. Hk, bigger hitbox
- Cr HK, 6f startup
- far st. HP, on CH, will blow oppponent away, damage buffed
- CH St. Hp fadc into combo
- Hop kick into aerial tatsu possible, also works with ex version.
- mp dragon punch + 1f invicible
- Axe kick hk 26f startup, damage and stun is down. 150 130, combo able like mk.
- Axe kick aerial hit cause untechable knockdown.
- SGS damage up +20
- Metsu Hadouken charge time decreased. Able to do full metsu after lvl 2 crumble.
- ex hadouken > lvl2 fadc crumble > full metsu hadouken.

From MarlinPie

Still ongoing.

USD

CODY
-Faster forward, backward walk speed
-Hammer Hook (overhead) advantage revised; +3 on hit on standing, -1 on hit on crouching, -4 on guard for both; can be used when holding the knife
-If you hit a standing opponent, cr.LK → MK Ruffian Kick combos
-Bad Spray is now two hits, Super-cancellable; with an FADC thrown in, Bad Spray FADC Final Destruction (UC1) will connect
-MK Ruffian Kick has forwarded extended hitbox
-EX Zonk Knuckle: first hit does further horizontal knockback; EX Zonk FADC UC1 is now easier to connect
-Can now guard during Knife pick up
-(All while holding knife) st.LP +6 on hit
-st.MP is now 2 hits
-st.HP is +3 on hit
-cr.MP now has 4 active frames, smaller arm hurtbox, making it harder to stuff
-cr.HP is now 7F start-up, easier to use as anti-air

Next character please

USD said:
CODY
-Faster forward, backward walk speed
-Hammer Hook (overhead) advantage revised; +3 on hit on standing, -1 on hit on crouching, -4 on guard for both; can be used when holding the knife
-If you hit a standing opponent, cr.LK → MK Ruffian Kick combos
-Bad Spray is now two hits, Super-cancellable; with an FADC thrown in, Bad Spray FADC Final Destruction (UC1) will connect
-MK Ruffian Kick has forwarded extended hitbox
-EX Zonk Knuckle: first hit does further horizontal knockback; EX Zonk FADC UC1 is now easier to connect
-Can now guard during Knife pick up
-(All while holding knife) st.LP +6 on hit
-st.MP is now 2 hits
-st.HP is +3 on hit
-cr.MP now has 4 active frames, smaller arm hurtbox, making it harder to stuff
-cr.HP is now 7F start-up, easier to use as anti-air

Next character please

evil roo

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Hey USD, is there anything in Makoto's changes about being able to store a charge for hayates now? If so, the changes to hayate would make sense. And with the way charged hayates work now, the end part where they talk about knowing it's charged to lvl 5 by her voice doesn't make a lick of sense since right now it automatically goes when it gets there.

USD

Well, I kind don't want to Evil Ryu, since MarlinPie is doing it now, and he's more trustworthy than I. I'll give you a second pick though. I'll still do my own shitty translation, eventually.

jman2050

Lost Fragment said:
Hey USD, is there anything in Makoto's changes about being able to store a charge for hayates now? If so, the changes to hayate would make sense. And with the way charged hayates work now, the end part where they talk about knowing it's charged to lvl 5 by her voice doesn't make a lick of sense since right now it automatically goes when it gets there.

How would this even work? Hayate cancelling?

Top Bottom