• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

• EX Zonk Knuckle's range on the first hit was increased.

• The blog notes that EX Zonk Knuckle -> FADC -> into Final Destruction (Ultra 1) is a little easier now.

• Cody can now block during his Knife Pickup animation.

=O Cody...

GunbladeV

Banned
cHaotix8 said:
Meaty setups on wakeup that force the player to block or reversal. If they crouch tech/grab, don't block, jump, backdash they get counterhit.

im guessing to be more like 3S, ive never used the rose close to people in sf4 so i wasnt sure the speed

Dartastic

USD said:
MAKOTO
-From 1000 to 950 health (back to Super value)
-Fukiage damage for LP, MP, HP from 100 to 90, EX from 140 to 120
-EX Karakusa has less ranage
-st.HK has a lower extended hitbox
-Target Combo 1's st.MK can be cancelled, like the normal version
-Tanden Renki (Super Combo) is 3 seconds londer
-neutral j.MP has a forward extended hitbox, hurtbox
-Hayate have improved properties on charge
-LP Lv3, Lv4 and MP Lv4 have further forward movement, all Lv4 strengths are -2 on guard
-All Lv5 strengths are armor break, further forward movement, from 170 to 190 damage
-Can tell when you reach Lv5 charge timing by Makoto's voice
These nerfs are stupid and BS, and the buffs are pointless. Nobody uses Tanden Renki, and nobody charges Hayate. BOOOOOOO. YOU COULD HAVE LEFT HER ALONE AND SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE.

zlatko

Banned
spindashing said:
• EX Zonk Knuckle's range on the first hit was increased.

• The blog notes that EX Zonk Knuckle -> FADC -> into Final Destruction (Ultra 1) is a little easier now.

• Cody can now block during his Knife Pickup animation.

=O Cody...

<_< Top 10 for sure. West Coast at Super launch had an army of Cody's. haunts repped him haaaaard. These are all the kind of things he needed, and put that together with his already insane frame traps, insane damage, and insane stun, and you have a character with few weakness. He'll still have some issues when knocked down and it's not a techable knock down, but he's got everything else in terms of footsies, anti airs, and great ways to keep pressure on.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
USD said:
MAKOTO
-LP Lv3, Lv4 and MP Lv4 have further forward movement, all Lv4 strengths are -2 on guard
-All Lv5 strengths are armor break, further forward movement, from 170 to 190 damage
How is that Mathematically possible??

I wanna see that hitbox picture.

oh and fuck that game officially

Nerf good characters to uselessness.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
USD said:
MAKOTO

The only change that matters imo is the health nerf, and even that isn't that bad.

But st.hk having a lower hitbox might end up being a big buff. Real talk. This could be really good.

The changes to charged hayates is gonna be useless.

I'm unsure how it's gonna turn out in the end, but I don't see much of a reason to be too upset about how things turned out.

Oni
•Stamina from 950 to 1000.
•First hit of EX Goshoryuken causes untechable knockdown.
•Previously for EX Hurricane there were situations where not every hit would connect. That has been fixed.
•LK Demon Slash now has an additional hitbox on the lower side, so it’s easier to hit thinner/crouching opponents.
•Raging Demon’s damage icreased from 350 to 370 regardless if it’s ground or air.
•With UC1, when you aim it upwards, it’s 9 frames on start-up. Full invincibility from start-up to the second active frame.

via srk

Joekage

I would just like to say...

I am pleased...I already almost broke my arm in my excitement for the Cody walkspeed changes. The rest is just topping on the cake. I am finally justified for putting in almost 2 years of hard work, perseverance and sweat and tears and of course lots of rocks and counterhits to finally be able to say that my character is now good, and is potentially top tier now.

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cHaotix8

Giving Duds a crossup actually helps his footsie game a lot. With his fast walk speed you can get into that range where they can't really anti air a crossup (without jump back fierceing) and you can't really hit them because of your ass normals to get your pressure going. I still wanted a faster sweep but I guess the rose buff will be good enough.

I'm liking the target combo being able to cancel. That's about it though. Frustrates me that they give buffs to hayate charging though, in what opportunity is that ever viable?

Cloudius12 said:
Oni
•Stamina from 950 to 1000.
•First hit of EX Goshoryuken causes untechable knockdown.
•Previously for EX Hurricane there were situations where not every hit would connect. That has been fixed.
•LK Demon Slash now has an additional hitbox on the lower side, so it’s easier to hit thinner/crouching opponents.
•Raging Demon’s damage icreased from 350 to 370 regardless if it’s ground or air.
•With UC1, when you aim it upwards, it’s 9 frames on start-up. Full invincibility from start-up to the second active frame.

via srk

so the Makoto tax went to Oni then?

vulva

Joekage said:
I would just like to say...

I am pleased...I already almost broke my arm in my excitement for the Cody walkspeed changes. The rest is just topping on the cake. I am finally justified for putting in almost 2 years of hard work, perseverance and sweat and tears and of course lots of rocks and counterhits to finally be able to say that my character is now good, and is potentially top tier now.

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry I missed you at EVO this year man, congrats on the buffs =)

Dartastic

Lost Fragment said:
The only change that matters imo is the health nerf, and even that isn't that bad.
Not true. EX grab COULD be problematic. The health nerf sucks, because she honestly didn't need it. =(

Juri
•2nd hit of close st.mk has better hitbox (used to whiff low)
•focus attack has better hitbox (used to whiff low) <--- this is huge for me at least
•fireball kick does ssf4 damage (50)
•focus-able pinwheel hit (1st hit for lk pin, 1st 2nd hits for the other pins) does more hit stun so pinwheel -> fadc -> u2 is possible
•during fengshui engine:
(1) ex dive kick has 3 versions just like non-ex dive kick
(2) ex pin won’t be stuffed on the 1st hit (I’m not sure about this)
(3) build more meter (I’m not sure about this)
(4) faster dash and walk

via Xenon

haha lol got exposed

GAF > Internet > GAF

Morris

Disco Devil
cHaotix8 said:
Giving Duds a crossup actually helps his footsie game a lot. With his fast walk speed you can get into that range where they can't really anti air a crossup (without jump back fierceing) and you can't really hit them because of your ass normals to get your pressure going. I still wanted a faster sweep but I guess the rose buff will be good enough.

Don't you think that j. lp as a crossup is kinda ass?

I'd be happier with j. RH, cody has the same kind of move and it crosses up...

cHaotix8

GunbladeV said:
How worth it would the meter be for rose setups?

Against characters like rose and chun where you can't really punish their backdash without guessing really good, especially after you've worked so hard to get them knocked down. Plus Dudley builds meter easy, I know I get at least a full super meter every round.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Cloudius12 said:
Juri
•focus attack has better hitbox (used to whiff low) <--- this is huge for me at least
•focus-able pinwheel hit (1st hit for lk pin, 1st 2nd hits for the other pins) does more hit stun so pinwheel -> fadc -> u2 is possible
•during fengshui engine:
(4) faster dash and walk

via srk

Via _Xenon_ on the last page actually :p

_Xenon_

Banned
Cloudius12 said:
Juri
•during fengshui engine:
(4) faster dash and walk

via srk
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30387661&postcount=3197

gaf -> internet -> gaf

lol

Cloudius12 said:
Juri
•during fengshui engine:
(4) faster dash and walk

via srk
gaf>internet>gaf
Thanks, Xenon. No nerfs hooray.

Imm0rt4l

Morro! said:
Don't you think that j. lp as a crossup is kinda ass?

I'd be happier with j. RH, cody has the same kind of move and it crosses up...
does seem ass, I'm thinking it's jumping short. Either way, I'm thinking it'll turn out ok. I'm curious if the hitstun will have enough to combo off of.

USD

JURI
-faster dash during Feng Shui Engine (UC1), further reach
-cl.MK 2nd hit has a larger hitbox, less likely to whiff when the 1st hits
-Focus attack hitbox revised, will hit smaller characters (when crouching, etc.)
-Fuhajin (fireball) kick attack damage to 50
-Senpusha (pinwheel): LK is has 5F extra advantage on first hit; MK, HK have 5F extra advantage on 1st, 2nd hit; EX has 5F extra advantage on 2nd hit.
-Senpusha &#8594; FADC &#8594; Kaisen Dankairaku (UC2) now possible
-EX Senpusha has an extra frame of invincibility during Feng Shui Engine for the first hit
-EX Shikusen (dive kick) trajectory can be changed by the kick buttons used during Feng Shui
-LK+MK: same trajectory as before; MK+HK: same as normal MK version, LK+HK: same as normal HK version; LK+MK+HK has the same trajectory as before
-Juri now gains 1/3 meter during Feng Shui Engine, improved from no meter gain

First quote decides next character.

USD said:
JURI
-Focus attack hitbox revised, will hit smaller characters
-Senpusha (pinwheel): LK is has 5F extra advantage on first hit; MK, HK have 5F extra advantage on 1st, 2nd hit; EX has 5F extra advantage on 2nd hit.
-EX Senpusha has an extra frame of invincibility during Feng Shui Engine for the first hit
-EX Shikusen (dive kick) trajectory can be changed by the kick buttons used during Feng Shui
-LK+MK: same trajectory as before; MK+HK: same as normal MK version, LK+HK: same as normal HK version; LK+MK+HK has the same trajectory as before

ibuki

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
USD said:
JURI
-Focus attack hitbox revised, will hit smaller characters

Adon! <3

Edit: Fuuuuuuu

h3ro

USD said:
JURI
-Focus attack hitbox revised, will hit smaller characters (when crouching, etc.)

Adon

Edit: damn itttt

USD

Hmm, Ibuki might take a while, since I don't all her moves. I might give you a raw name, but won't be able to tell you if it's F+MK or something. I should be able to do her specials fine though.

DR2K

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
I wondered..how could SF4 possibly get any worse than AE...and now capcom is obliging with an answer.

By undoing most of the nerfs and putting thought into balance aka SSFIV?

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
The extent of the Yun and Yang nerfs seem kinda crazy given that they're coupled with buffs for the rest of the cast.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
USD said:
Hmm, Ibuki might take a while, since I don't all her moves. I might give you a raw name, but won't be able to tell you if it's F+MK or something. I should be able to do her specials fine though.

Ibuki is partially done at Eventhubs

Ibuki

• Bonsho Kick (Toward + Hard Kick) is now +1 on hit, -3 on block and +5 on counter-hit.

• Hammer Kick (Toward + Kick) startup time reduced by one frame.

• Iffy translation: Tsujigoe (Command Jump) had its airborne properties on startup altered.

• Yoroi Toshi (Ultra 1)'s fireball release after a whiffed grab will now combo into full hits on an airborne opponent.

Imm0rt4l

I'm gonna need to use dudleys victory rose more if I plan on using it's special cancelability. Also good to see that rolling thunder won't go under shit all time, should be even more useful against bison.

Edgeward

• Yoroi Toshi (Ultra 1)'s fireball release after a whiffed grab will now combo into full hits on an airborne opponent.

Yo fuck dat.

Adon (hope im not late with this one too lol)

Close St. MP is now -4 on block
Close St. MK is +2 on hit, +3 on block

Focus attack hitbox is tweaked to be able to hit crouching opponents too.

Rising Jaguar (LK, MK, HK) - at the start, horizontal hitbox is increased a little, so that after a Rising Jaguar FADC, its harder to accidentally crossover the opponent. Also, one extra frame is given to FADC a HK Rising Jaguar (easier to fadc), thus making it easier to connect an Avalanche Jaguar.

As for U1, even if you activated it at close range, it wont go over a standing opponent (will go over if crouching).

From SRK

Top Bottom