• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Cody, Guy, Evil Ryu, Oni, Dudley, Dee Jay, Hakan, Ibuki, and Juri all got buffed tremendously.

USD said:
Well, I kind don't want to Evil Ryu, since MarlinPie is doing it now, and he's more trustworthy than I. I'll give you a second pick though. I'll still do my own shitty translation, eventually.
hakan

USD said:
Well, I kind don't want to Evil Ryu, since MarlinPie is doing it now, and he's more trustworthy than I. I'll give you a second pick though. I'll still do my own shitty translation, eventually.

who's left?

Warpticon

cHaotix8 said:
If it has any invincibility it'll beat all safe jumps. You'd have to be doing a meaty before she does it for any character besides a grappler to beat it.

It doesn't. throw starts in 2 frames, the fireball starts in like 14 frames. It's not as scary as you're making it sound.

cHaotix8

USD said:
Next character please

Dudlee plz. The FADC stuff and crossup jab seem odd since it's short that crosses up and he's already -3 on level 1 FADC

Warpticon said:
It doesn't. throw starts in 2 frames, the fireball starts in like 14 frames. It's not as scary as you're making it sound.

kay ill just mash dp

USD

Lost Fragment said:
Hey USD, is there anything in Makoto's changes about being able to store a charge for hayates now? If so, the changes to hayate would make sense. And with the way charged hayates work now, the end part where they talk about knowing it's charged to lvl 5 by her voice doesn't make a lick of sense since right now it automatically goes when it gets there.
All the charge stuff I was talking about was for Hayate. Haven't played Mak in a while, but I thought you could get Lv5 charge without charging until it automatically released. If so, it makes sense. Could be flaky translation though.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Conceited said:
Adon got away clean, good stuff.

So glad they fixed the focus hit box.
My initial reaction is that Adon was nerfed by proxy with these buffs to everyone else. Far more match-ups became worse for him than became better.

Edgeward said:
Do we have Hakan changes yet?
MarlinPie did a live translation

Hakan
• Hakan gets oiled from the start of the match
• Neutral jumping short hitbox is bigger
• Neutral jumping jab is active 8 frames
• Neutral jumping strong is active 4 frames
• Jumping jab is active 8 frames
• Crouching Fierce now hits twice
• F+Strong has a smaller vulnerability area
• Coward Crouch can be cancelled into from a dash, making Hakan slide
• Oil Sliding into body press now deals 150 stun total, and is dealt after the body press, preventing people from getting up to mash out early if the slide stunned them
• Medium and Heavy oil dive, when wiffing a crouching opponent, will go past your opponent to make punishing him harder. The light version is faster to startup, and the Medium and Heavy versions can reach opponents much farther away
• Hakan’s super activates faster and, like oil dive, medium and heavy versions can pass over crouching opponents

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
DjangoReinhardt said:
My initial reaction is that Adon was nerfed by proxy with these buffs to everyone else. Far more match-ups became worse for him than became better.

I suppose, but I think he's great the way he is as a character, didn't really need any buffs or nerfs, except for maybe changing some of the properties on rising jaguar.

Edgeward

Cloudius12 said:
MarlinPie did a live translation

Hakan
• Hakan gets oiled from the start of the match
• Neutral jumping short hitbox is bigger
• Neutral jumping jab is active 8 frames
• Neutral jumping strong is active 4 frames
• Jumping jab is active 8 frames
• Crouching Fierce now hits twice
• F+Strong has a smaller vulnerability area
• Coward Crouch can be cancelled into from a dash, making Hakan slide
• Oil Sliding into body press now deals 150 stun total, and is dealt after the body press, preventing people from getting up to mash out early if the slide stunned them
• Medium and Heavy oil dive, when wiffing a crouching opponent, will go past your opponent to make punishing him harder. The light version is faster to startup, and the Medium and Heavy versions can reach opponents much farther away
• Hakan’s super activates faster and, like oil dive, medium and heavy versions can pass over crouching opponents

Oh my god. For the first time ever, I'm scared of Hakan. He can crouch cancel from a dash?! WTF

Joekage

cHaotix8 said:
Let it be known that I will still body any and all Cody's fray

Dude gets one win and starts daydreaming. Dudley's will get bodied, none of that nonsense will go on anymore. Trust me.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
USD said:
All the charge stuff I was talking about was for Hayate. Haven't played Mak in a while, but I thought you could get Lv5 charge without charging until it automatically released. If so, it makes sense. Could be flaky translation though.

Heh, I don't even know man. Maybe it doesn't release as soon as it hits lvl 5. Charged hayates past lvl 2 are among the most useless things in the entire game. Maybe you're right, but it still doesn't really make sense that they'd even bother with adjusting charged hayates.

DR2K

Banned
Edgeward said:
Oh my god. For the first time ever, I'm scared of Hakan. He can crouch cancel from a dash?! WTF

If he still sucks after all those buffs, he's going to need an resurrection super into Dark Hakan.

Kimosabae

Banned
Holy fuck at all these changes. Is this still Street Fighter 4? I've never been this interested in this series. They'e really getting loose with these changes. It's like Niitsuma got his hands on this or something.

USD

lol Marlin cockblocking

HAKAN
-Is oiled at the start of every round
-nj.LK has adjust hitbox position and size
-nj.LP is now 8 active frames
-nj.MP is now 4 active frames
-dj.LP is now 8 active frames
-cr.HP is now two hits
-Hakan Tackle has a smaller hurtbox, making it harder to hit Hakan out of the move
-Hakan now slides when you do Guard Position (command crouch) from a dash; applies to both forward and back dashes
-Oil Slide does more stun; if you input Oil Shower follow-up, the slide does 100 stun. If you do the Body Press follow-up, 150 stun total during the press. This means you won't miss your combo chances if you stun an opponent with the slide.
-Olive Dive's trajectory, reach revised, buffing HK, EX
-MK, HK Dive will fly over crouching opponents
-LK Dive has a faster start-up, MK has the old LK start-up, HK has the old MK start-up
-Dive won't whiff against shorter characters if they're standing
-Flying Oil Spin (SC) has improved grab hitbox; MK and HK will fly over crouching opponents
-LK and MK Oil Spin have faster start-up.

Next character?

Arozay

I might try some Evil Ryu when this patch hits, keeping Adon as main. Might return to Rose for a little but meh.

kirblar

Kimosabae said:
Holy fuck at all these changes. Is this still Street Fighter 4? I've never been this interested in this series. They'e really getting loose with these changes. It's like Niitsuma got his hands on this or something.
After what they did with Arcade Edition, they probably feel (correctly) like they need to go big or go home on this one.

Edgeward

USD said:
lol Marlin cockblocking

HAKAN
-Is oiled at the start of every round
-nj.LK has adjust hitbox position and size
-nj.LP is now 8 active frames
-nj.MP is now 4 active frames
-dj.LP is now 8 active frames
-cr.HP is now two hits
-Hakan Tackle has a smaller hurtbox, making it harder to hit Hakan out of the move
-Hakan now slides when you do Guard Position (command crouch) from a dash; applies to both forward and back dashes
-Oil Slide does more stun; if you input Oil Shower follow-up, the slide does 100 stun. If you do the Body Press follow-up, 150 stun total during the press. This means you won't miss your combo chances if you stun an opponent with the slide.
-Olive Dive's trajectory, reach revised, buffing HK, EX
-MK, HK Dive will fly over crouching opponents
-LK Dive has a faster start-up, MK has the old LK start-up, HK has the old MK start-up
-Dive won't whiff against shorter characters if they're standing
-Flying Oil Spin (SC) has improved grab hitbox; MK and HK will fly over crouching opponents
-LK and MK Oil Spin have faster start-up.

Next character?

Oni?

Warpticon

biosnake20 said:
Cody, Guy, Evil Ryu, Oni, Dudley, Dee Jay, Hakan, Ibuki, and Juri all got buffed tremendously.

hakan

Calling Ibuki's buffs tremendous is overstating things enormously. Nothing she got changes how she plays in any major way. They took 3 of her most useless moves and made them less useless. They took 1 frame off a 26 frame overhead. Juggling with U2 may be useful, but I doubt that alone will be a huge deal. I guess not getting nerfed is a huge buff? It makes her a little more solid, but I'm not sure any of those things changes any matchups in any meaningful way.

Warpticon said:
Calling Ibuki's buffs tremendous is overstating things enormously. Nothing she got changes how she plays in any major way. They took 3 of her most useless moves and made them less useless. They took 1 frame off a 26 frame overhead. Juggling with U2 may be useful, but I doubt that alone will be a huge deal. I guess not getting nerfed is a huge buff?
your right about that

DRE Fei

Makoto getting reintroduced to that Capcom vagina tax. Damn!

Rolling Thunder buff is nice though. I'll take it.

And gatdamn the twins got hit pretty hard!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ibuki's U1 is a grab for the first two frames(active on second) and invincible for the first two frames only, then there are 10 inactive frames after a grab fail and on the 13th frame the fireball is active.

That shit is slow...

USD

ONI
-From 950 to 1000 health
-EX Goshoryu is untechable knockdown if the first hit connects
-EX Tatsumaki is more likely to give you the full hits (though it sounds like you still might get some hit whiffs)
-LK Rakan Dantojin (rush slash) has lower extended hitbox, easier to hit low stance or crouching characters
-Shun Goku Satsu (SC) from 350 to 370 damage, for ground and air versions
-UC1's Messatsu Gotenha (vertical shot version) is now 9F start-up, from 0F to the second active frame (inclusive), is completely invincible (so from 0F to 10F, if I'm reading it right)

Next

USD

Everyone's covered by now, right? I'll probably slow down a bit, though I'll go through everyone eventually, even if there are translations out there already.

EDIT: lol, too bad I missed the end of Guard Crush while translating, and I'm missing Starbase.

Joekage

Andre with those excuses. Losing to Akuma's all day. I remember one by the name of Shoushi....and who can forget that epic loss to Flash House. Best blanka in TX BABY BABEEYYY

Wait, you got perfected by Adeel....from Houston....? YO UGHHH

kitzkozan

biosnake20 said:
Im lovin alot of these changes, but alot of these characters didnt get buffed enough. (ryu, rose, sim etc.)

Doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned, Rose is boring as all fuck in this game imo. Absolutely nothing like her fun alpha incarnations, especially alpha 2. Even Ryu is stale and boring as shit compared to his 3rd strike incarnation. :p

What's really interesting about SFIV AE 2012 is that numerous characters look FUN TO PLAY. I'm actually interested to play with Cody for the first time. Same for Guy, Dan, E. Ryu, Abel, Gouken, Hakan, Juri, etc. :) I'm even interested in trying out Gen and might troll with El Fuerte+Blanka from time to time. :p

Top Bottom