• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh, fun fact, when you neutral jump out of Ibuki's U1 at point blank range, the fireball can whiff completely. Haven't tested with all characters, so I can't say it's universally true.

Edit: You can also jump backward and only get hit by the final ball if you fail to block.

SupaNaab

Did a lot change from the AE Loke Tests to release or did we basically recieve that same game? I worry these Loke Tests are pretty much for bug fixes and not actually centered around further rebalance. For the most part these changes appear on paper to make for a better game though.

my thoughts

Abel-buffed correctly
Adon-not buffed enough
Akuma- nerfed a bit too much
Balrog (Boxer)-buffed correctly
Blanka-buffed correctly
Cammy-buffed correctly
Chun-Li-buffed correctly
Cody-buffed correctly
C. Viper-nerfed correctly
Dan-not buffed nearly enough
Dee Jay-not buffed enough
Dhalsim-not buffed enough
Dudley-buffed just right
E. Honda-buffed just right
El Fuerte-buffed just right
Evil Ryu-buffed just right
Fei Long-nerfed correctly
Gen-buffed just right
Gouken-not buffed enough
Guile-buffed just right
Guy-buffed just right
Hakan-buffed just right
Ibuki-buffed just right
Juri-buffed just right
Ken-buffed just right
Makoto-nerfed too much
M. Bison (Dictator)-buffed just right
Oni-buffed just right
Rose-not buffed enough
Rufus-not buffed enough
Ryu-not buffed enough
Sagat-buffed just right
Sakura-buffed just right
Seth-buffed just right
T. Hawk-not buffed enough
Vega (Claw)-not buffed enough
Yang-nerfed too much
Yun-nerfed too much
Zangief- buffed just right

cHaotix8

Joekage said:
Andre with those excuses. Losing to Akuma's all day. I remember one by the name of Shoushi....and who can forget that epic loss to Flash House. Best blanka in TX BABY BABEEYYY

Wait, you got perfected by Adeel....from Houston....? YO UGHHH

I recall a Cody player getting blown up by that boy Flash house in a little arcade in Austin. I never seen a player get hit so many times without getting combo'd.

Also, Gouken. GOTCHA.

El Sloth

Banned
Mak health nerf doesn't bother me. When I found about her AE changes the 1000 health was just icing on the cake. Her ex Karakusa nerf seems pretty dumb and unnecessary though. Maybe they're trying to discourage it from being abused on wakeup?

St. Hk having a lower hitbox may turn out to be pretty useful. Tanden Renki being longer is nice, but kind of pointless for a meter hog like her.

New Hayate charge properties are interesting. Jlai was giving me some examples on how, depending on the charge time, they might be able to be used for some meaty pressure or to bait out a reversal.

I'm pretty satisfied with her changes. I'm just glad they didn't touch her dash or fuck with fukiage's hitbox.
Lost Fragment said:
Maybe you'd charge a hayate, cancel it, and keep the charge. That would be pretty fucking dope.
This would be pretty freaking sweet.

El Sloth

Banned
AzureJericho said:
Makoto really looks that nerfed to you guys? She still seems like pretty ok overall, vagina tax notwithstanding.
I think she's fine. Maybe even great depending on how the hayate charges end up working out.
USD said:
Everyone's covered by now, right? I'll probably slow down a bit, though I'll go through everyone eventually, even if there are translations out there already.

EDIT: lol, too bad I missed the end of Guard Crush while translating, and I'm missing Starbase.
<3 you dude. Dem stream monster sacrifices.

K.Sabot

AzureJericho said:
Makoto really looks that nerfed to you guys? She still seems like pretty ok overall, vagina tax notwithstanding.
She only has 50 more health than E.Ryu and he's been buffed like a monster.

Joekage

cHaotix8 said:
I recall a Cody player getting blown up by that boy Flash house in a little arcade in Austin. I never seen a player get hit so many times without getting combo'd.

Also, Gouken. GOTCHA.

LOL. And nah dawg, you were the last casualty of the B-Nasty gangrape of Dallas. Don't forget about A-kon yo. Anyways, Cody is good now. No excuses anymore. Just going in with a pipe in one hand and a rock in the other. See you guys at the top. :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wow, you don't even need to be close to Ibuki to neutral jump out of U1 completely. Sometimes you take the last couple hits if you don't hit Ibuki on the way down though.

Fosh

Neo Member
_Xenon_ said:
So if ibuki does forward dash U1 what you gonna do?

block -> eat grab
jump -> eat fireball
back dash -> eat fireball

Damn Ibuki am top tier confirmed.

You can jump any direction at point blank and the entire thing will whiff.

Dat Cody, god damn. Dudley looking good too.

Poor Mak, Yang got shitted on too. HK rolling upper cut losing projectile invincibilty doesn't even make any sense unless they're going to reanimate how the move looks.

Mœbius

SupaNaab said:
Did a lot change from the AE Loke Tests to release or did we basically recieve that same game?
From what I recall nothing was changed from the AE loke tests to release (but I could be wrong - can anyone else confirm?).

Going by how they've been in the past with posting change lists on the dev blog - i think once it's announced on there it's pretty much set; doubt anything will be re-tuned based off the loke testing.

As usual, thanks for all the translations USD. :)

Joekage

Kadey said:
Chaotix vs Joe FT10 on stream. Winner is granted best Texas GAFFER title.

We can make this happen very soon as I am DOWN. Not tonight though, got work in the AM. Dat JOB bodying me slowly.

Busaiku

Hitokage said:
Wow, you don't even need to be close to Ibuki to neutral jump out of U1 completely. Sometimes you take the last couple hits if you don't hit Ibuki on the way down though.
Have you been testing Cody out?
I just wanna know if hk Crack Kick hits crouching.

HiResDes

They buffed Cody too much IMO, safe ass characters with godlike zoning not named Sim don't need buffs.

...But I'm glad they didn't mess with Dictator too much

Fosh

Neo Member
how would Dhalsim players predict the yun/yang match-ups with the given buffs/nerfs? Kinda still looks painful to me.

Mœbius

Evil Ryu HK sweep is now a 6f startup...

... I think that's the same as Akuma's so I wonder if it means he can tatsu-sweep all the same characters?

LProtag

From what very little experience I have Makoto doesn't look like she's been nerfed that badly. Maybe just a smidge too much.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
AZ Greg said:

Yeah yeah, that st.hk buff is gonna fuck Vega's shit up though :)

It's probably not gonna make up for the other nerfs, but I am pretty happy about the st.hk buff.

InsertNameHere said:
From what very little experience I have Makoto doesn't look like she's been nerfed that badly. Maybe just a smidge too much.

Pretty much what I think. She'll come out somewhat worse-for-ware, but not by a whole lot.

Looking at yun, overall even though he got nerfed, it isnt bad as some people are saying. Yeah hes got lower damage, his command grabs arent that good anymore, his palm isnt stupid anymore, and his ex lunge punch is -1 now. But his stand strong is still the same, his combos are still the same ,his divekicks got a higher height restriction but now they get more frame advantage. Overall he'll still probably be upper tier.

Mœbius

InsertNameHere said:
Yeah, i think it's unnecessary (like her hayate buffs) but it doesn't change too much. Same with Akuma, unnecessary and one potentially terrible nerf, but in the end it could actually be fine - lead to new setups etc. Oh, and Yang got hit way too hard I think.

What's interesting is that looking at the overall picture it seems there's a massive compression of tiers - everyone is basically in the same position, with only a couple of possible exceptions.

AZ Greg

Lost Fragment said:
Yeah yeah, that st.hk buff is gonna fuck Vega's shit up though :)

It's probably not gonna make up for the other nerfs, but I am pretty happy about the st.hk buff.

Pretty much what I think. She'll come out somewhat worse-for-ware, but not by a whole lot.

dsbsingle.jpg

USD

The characters I've really been thinking picking up for Ver.2012 are Chun and Juri. Chun because of her zoning and Juri because she seems interesting from the opponent side, plus she got some nice buffs. The only problem with Juri is that seems like you have to be playing on stick (or use the buttons arcade-style on pad, instead of the thumb) to get the best out of her. The same applies to Chun to an extent.

Even with the nerfs, I'll probably still keep playing Fei, as I've stuck with him since Vanilla. I' haven't really played Guile much in AE, but I still like him too. But I don't know, for the most part when I play, I usually stick with one character. At the very least I won't flip-flop from character to character between matches. So ultimately, I'm probably gonna be playing one or two characters.

Satyamdas

Banned
biosnake20 said:
my thoughts

Makoto-nerfed too much
Rufus-not buffed enough
aGSfV.jpg

Mak got away completely unharmed, and Rufus needs buffs?! WTF is this backwards day on bizarro world?!

Fosh said:
how would Dhalsim players predict the yun/yang match-ups with the given buffs/nerfs? Kinda still looks painful to me.
They will still be in the twins favor, but not quite as severely as in AE. The problems are mostly to do with Sim's inability to zone them effectively at all. Their dive kick angles are hard to AA except for at very specific ranges, and they beat almost every limb clean if not timed perfectly. One wrong timing or one wrong guess and they are on top of Sim and the round is over because he can't get them off or get away.

Making the match close to a 5-5 would require nerfing them to uselessness, or buffing Sim to ridiculous ST levels. Neither of which is a good move. Sim is used to having shitty matchups, but even against Rufus or Abel or Viper, he still has a fighting chance. Against the twins in AE there was no chance unless the person playing the twins has no idea what they are doing. I'd have liked to see the damage on EX Flame brought back. I think that alone would have gone a longer way towards balancing the matchup vs. the twins.

Fosh

Neo Member
Satyamdas said:
aGSfV.jpg

Mak got away completely unharmed, and Rufus needs buffs?! WTF is this backwards day on bizarro world?!

they should fix EX Messiah so it doesnt go over crouching characters. I hate that move but that aspect of it is dumb :/

Edgeward

I'll be sticking with the least changed character, the fucking King. Maybe some Cammy when i want to feel bad about myself and gonna learn Cody, always did like his moves and normals. But mostly sticking to Sagat since he's really solid all around

Satyamdas

Banned
Fosh said:
they should fix EX Messiah so it doesnt go over crouching characters. I hate that move but that aspect of it is dumb :/
For the amount of invincibility it has, and the ability to FADC from it into a high damage Ultra, I'd say going over a few crouching characters is not a big deal at all. No sympathy for that character or that move over here, yo.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Hitokage said:
Just curious, but is st LK>MK being special cancelable for Makoto an actual buff?

It's nice to have I guess, but not really.

edit: on second thought, it might open up some more mixup opportunities based on her ability to cancel st.lk on block into karakusa, but I still don't think it's really gonna make a difference either way. Just one of those things we're gonna have to wait and mess around with.

*Reads up on latest changes to 2012 Hakan*

tumblr_lmwndiP7g31qgs0wao1_400.gif

That along with the twins getting bludgeoned with the nerf stick are more than I could have ever hoped for :)

Satyamdas

Banned
Professor Beef said:
I'm still waiting for TTOB to come in here and read about the Hakan changes.

Or maybe he did and he died from pleasure.
Now that 3SOE is out, he already set his copy of AE on fire in effigy. He won't be coming back here any more. :*(

Fosh

Neo Member
Satyamdas said:
For the amount of invincibility it has, and the ability to FADC from it into a high damage Ultra, I'd say going over a few crouching characters is not a big deal at all. No sympathy for that character or that move over here, yo.

It seems like an oversight to me. I dont like Rufus either but it seems like its something that shouldn't happen.

Top Bottom