• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rentahamster said:
FYI:

a single 'w' = 'lol'

'wwwwwwwwww' = 'ololoololololool'

I see *smokes pipe, takes note*

I shall use my 'w's accordingly.

Le w.

USD

I was in the secret channel, and then Yeb posted this:

ep7Ue.jpg

...what?

HOW?

Satyamdas

Banned
izunadono said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n_BIyxXQm8&hd=1

R.I.P AE Makoto.
She just became a decent character as well. Whoever was complaining about Makoto is welcome to the 3S party.
I'm trying to make sense of this post but I just can't do it. My best guess is that you are saying the "nerfs" (quotes because she didn't get nerfed at all) will make her go from a great character to just "decent"? Is that what you are saying? And that people complaining about her should go play 3S instead?

Izuna

Banned
stabicron7 said:
You really think her minor nerfs will ruin her? They won't if your good with her.

An overall damage/health nerf isn't really minor. She's really easy to outzone, and a lot of her wins are close. Those close matches will be losses.

She wasn't a trouble character or anything, I just don't understand the reason bhind nerfing her. And by 3S I mean that#s one game she's crazily good in.

izunadono said:
An overall damage/health nerf isn't really minor. She's really easy to outzone, and a lot of her wins are close. Those close matches will be losses.

She wasn't a trouble character or anything, I just don't understand the reason bhind nerfing her. And by 3S I mean that#s one game she's crazily good in.

The health nerf was just about the only thing that I would consider a legit nerf. Her so called damage nerf was only to the up punch, big deal. Ex karakusa losing a little range isn't all that bad considering its armored.

notworksafe

USD said:
I was in the secret channel, and then Yeb posted this:

ep7Ue.jpg

...what?

HOW?
Haha yeah I saw that when I was finding the proper font for the Trapcom logo on my arcade stick. Adding an outline to that font changes the whole way it looks.

Izuna

Banned
stabicron7 said:
The health nerf was just about the only thing that I would consider a legit nerf. Her so called damage nerf was only to the up punch, big deal. Ex karakusa losing a little range isn't all that bad considering its armored.

Yeah EX Karakusa nerf doesn't mean anything at all.

Imm0rt4l said:
ET0OM.png

I was looking at this Jp tier list from a few months ago, and I came to the conclusion that people just don't play gouken. They listed a few favorable matchups that are actually bad ones. It is old though so whatever.

Dudley not so classy on that list. =(

I was reading the recent Ryan Hart interview and the neogaf logo flashed in my head when I read this part:

RH: Well, strong players will win for sure, and as for the best player winning? Well that's a maybe, but these days there is far too much credit given to tournament wins in my opinion, and this is because the new generation do not fully understand the depth that player's skills go to and how long it takes to get to a point where you can really say one is better than the other.

SF4 is not so shallow that all can be revealed in just four-nine rounds. Yet people take these matches and create their own player ranking lists. This kind of thing reminds me of players thinking they can take on top heads when they don't have a chance. I think overall this clearly shows a lack of understanding for the real gap that exists between these players and top players.

It's similar to trying to grade two players based on two games. It's also many players like that that say stuff like: "Yeah he's good, but where did he come in the tournament"? But I mean, "Really"? Is that all it is now? You're not good unless you win a tournament or place top 8? That is ridiculous and totally stupid. I mean take Dieminion and Sanford Kelly, now these are clearly two of the best SF4 players in the US but where did they place in EVO? This for me shows you that you just cannot grade players based on tournament performance only.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Been on a Third Strike trip. The game is somewhat stupid in a way so I have no idea why I'm still playing it. Doing a lot better in it than I thought. I think all the fadcing and one frame links in SFIV has made the transition easier for me. Third Strike doesn't have the shortcuts and more lenient imputs but it still feels more simple to play.

Satyamdas

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
I was reading the recent Ryan Hart interview and the neogaf logo flashed in my head when I read this part:

RH: Well, strong players will win for sure, and as for the best player winning? Well that's a maybe, but these days there is far too much credit given to tournament wins in my opinion, and this is because the new generation do not fully understand the depth that player's skills go to and how long it takes to get to a point where you can really say one is better than the other.

SF4 is not so shallow that all can be revealed in just four-nine rounds. Yet people take these matches and create their own player ranking lists. This kind of thing reminds me of players thinking they can take on top heads when they don't have a chance. I think overall this clearly shows a lack of understanding for the real gap that exists between these players and top players.

It's similar to trying to grade two players based on two games. It's also many players like that that say stuff like: "Yeah he's good, but where did he come in the tournament"? But I mean, "Really"? Is that all it is now? You're not good unless you win a tournament or place top 8? That is ridiculous and totally stupid. I mean take Dieminion and Sanford Kelly, now these are clearly two of the best SF4 players in the US but where did they place in EVO? This for me shows you that you just cannot grade players based on tournament performance only.
Just the NeoGAF logo? I think Ryan is totally on point about the fallacy of grading players on tournament performance only, but I see that mentality everywhere, from GAF to SRK to Eventscrubs to stream chats to individual players.

Satyamdas said:
Just the NeoGAF logo? I think Ryan is totally on point about the fallacy of grading players on tournament performance only, but I see that mentality everywhere, from GAF to SRK to Eventscrubs to stream chats to individual players.

This is true.

USD

Maybe EMP Karaface's interview will come out relatively soon-ish? EMP Nekohashi was asking EMP Zhi about it on Twitter, and I know that Nekohashi is supposed to working with him on the translation.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Translation? Don't they both speak English? Why do we need a translation?

I guess if they want a simultaneous release for JPN people, too or something...

notworksafe

HAHAHA! Best scene in the movie is where Jwong tells Triforce to take off the Power Glove at the GameStop tourney and Triforce gets super hurt.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I like how Yipes is straight to the point when announcing him leaving. He's like I love you guys, but whatever, I'm out of here. Quick and painless. No emotions other than enthusiasm for a brighter future.

Satyamdas

Banned
Seeing the last few players leave EMP reminds me of documentaries I've seen where people who've been in Scientology for years and years finally break free. You just feel so happy for them, like "Yes! Welcome back to the real world!"

Now I'm not saying that EMP members were brainwashed, held against their will, or had Stockholm syndrome, but I *am* saying that Triforce is a less effective version of L. Ron Hubbard.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
stabicron7 said:

Other characters getting buffed is gonna affect her more than any of her nerfs. She might drop a decent amount when it's all said and done, but whatever, she's still gonna be pretty far from shit tier.

On the other side of things, her st.hk buff could be pretty significant and she might actually end up doing more damage in certain situations thanks to her target combo and charged hayate buffs.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lost Fragment said:
Other characters getting buffed is gonna affect her more than any of her nerfs. She might drop a decent amount when it's all said and done, but whatever, she's still gonna be pretty far from shit tier.
Doesn't she also keep the buffs to non-EX karakusa?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
She didn't get any buffs to regular karakusa unless you count being able to tick into it with st.lk

edit: Oh yeah, they did change hitboxes so it was less likely to whiff from close range in certain situations, I guess. Yeah she keeps that.

Top Bottom