• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Nyoro SF said:
Fei's sweep has ass range. Only real use for it in AE 2012 is linking into it from st.MP as a direct punish.

Also from st.LP. I know a lot of the regular Fei users don't use it, but I do all the damn time. Too bad it's going away in ver.2012. st.MP link will still be there, though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Fosh said:
Its hardly fair to balance a game around the fact that a player is not confident about pulling off 1 frame links. There are several characters who have offense based on 1 frame links like Abel and Sakura.

If those characters miss their one frame link can you make a peanut butter and banana sandwich, have a cigarette, then take a nap before punishing them?

Are going to claim that my change would make Ryu suddenly OP? If not then your post is pointless.

Yo Timedoug

I don't think it would make the Roo OP. However, this speaks more than just buffing Ryu back to his former glory and asks the question whether strict links are necessary in the game.

I know I know, "just learn how to plink." I do, I've just wondered how this game would be with BB style inputs. /shrug

Imm0rt4l said:
Dudley really got fucked with the new changes, capcom didn't give him shit.

What happened to him? Is there ver.2012 news posted somewhere that this post was directed at?

Imm0rt4l

the_log_ride said:
Yo Timedoug

I don't think it would make the Roo OP. However, this speaks more than just buffing Ryu back to his former glory and asks the question whether strict links are necessary in the game.

I know I know, "just learn how to plink." I do, I've just wondered how this game would be with BB style inputs. /shrug

What happened to him? Is there ver.2012 news posted somewhere that this post was directed at?
nothing really, that's the problem. He got buffed air normals I guess, but that's not even the characters problem to begin with, shouldn't really jump too much. The biggest buff he got was ch rh is back at +7, which is where it was during Super. His biggest buff is something they took away to begin with. I've yet to see the Rose FADC or super though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
the_log_ride said:
Yo Timedoug

I'm fine with it being a 1 frame link, mister. Considering what Ryu can do after a sweep it SHOULD be a one frame link.

Also, did they change the sweep into safejump for Ryu in AE? after sweeps my option-select jump-ins get hit a lot now...?

Fosh

Neo Member
Timedog said:
If those characters miss their one frame link can you make a peanut butter and banana sandwich, have a cigarette, then take a nap before punishing them?

Are going to claim that my change would make Ryu suddenly OP? If not then your post is pointless.

sakura missing a 1 frame into uppercut is -20 and you dont have to worry about range on the punish.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Fosh said:
sakura missing a 1 frame into uppercut is -20 and you dont have to worry about range on the punish.

What are you comboing into Dragon punch from (and which level Dragon Punch)? I'm sorry, I don't know Sakura.

abq

I'm trying to get the timing of Viper's meterless FADC down. What is off if I:

1) dash but use meter,
2) do a regular focus attack.

Am I hitting mp+mk too soon in the first case and mess up the tiger knee motion in the second?

Fosh

Neo Member
abq said:

1) dash but use meter,

Am I hitting mp+mk too soon in the first case and mess up the tiger knee motion in the second?

I think if you are getting a regular FADC you are doing it too early. I find it works more consistently if I compensate towards the late end.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
If it's standing lk > uppercut, than that's the type of link where if your timing is off, most of the time the dragon punch just doesn't come out. I just did it in training mode like 30+ attempts and either it worked or an uppercut didn't come out, a hp normal did. Only 1 time out of those 30+attempts did I get a whiffed dragon punch against the cpu on autoblock.

That is not comparable to ryu's shitty sweep.

Mostly I want Ryu to have a gdlk sweep cause I like to taunt from full screen with repeated sweeps and it tends to get me into trouble cause the sweep animation lasts longer than a Luke Perry movie title.

Joule

Timedog said:
If it's standing lk > uppercut, than that's the type of link where if your timing is off, most of the time the dragon punch just doesn't come out. I just did it in training mode like 30+ attempts and either it worked or an uppercut didn't come out, a hp normal did. Only 1 time out of those 30+attempts did I get a whiffed dragon punch against the cpu on autoblock.

That is not comparable to ryu's shitty sweep.

Mostly I want Ryu to have a gdlk sweep cause I like to taunt from full screen with repeated sweeps and it tends to get me into trouble cause the sweep animation lasts longer than a Luke Perry movie title.
Actually thinking about it. It's more likely missing the 1 frame link from shunpu to cr. hp and canceling that into a blocked hp dragon punch. That messes me up once in awhile.

I don't know if this is what Fosh is referring to. I'm terrible at frame data.

Axis

abq said:

1) dash but use meter,

just do it with the same timing you'd do seismo chains. if your fadc is using meter you're not super jump cancelling

Joule said:
Actually thinking about it. It's more likely missing the 1 frame link from shunpu to cr. hp and canceling that into a blocked hp dragon punch. That messes me up once in awhile.

I don't know if this is what Fosh is referring to. I'm terrible at frame data.

this is why you should end sakura combos with s.lk xx shou instead of c.fp xx shou. s.fp xx tatsu, c.fp xx tatsu, s.lk xx shou makes it way easier

Joule

Axis said:
this is why you should end sakura combos with s.lk xx shou instead of c.fp xx shou. s.fp xx tatsu, c.fp xx tatsu, s.lk xx shou makes it way easier
I do that most of the time but once in awhile I try something like j.hk cl.mk, lk.tatsu, cl.hp, lk.tatsu, c.hp, hp.SRK for some max damage.

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
In ST, A3, GGXX, 3S, SF4, and AE, Daigo has chosen top tier characters. Why would that change in 2012?
To be fair I don't think ryu and sol were top, but yea he's defintely gonna go for what gives him advantage, dudes all about winning. I remember when he tried to counterpick ryan hart with cammy.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Imm0rt4l said:
To be fair I don't think ryu and sol were top, but yea he's defintely gonna go for what gives him advantage, dudes all about winning. I remember when he tried to counterpick ryan hart with cammy.
Ryu was top 3 in Straight Vanilla. Guile could pwn with Guile in Vanilla Super if he needed to, but he was good enough to make Ryu work sans a couple Dhalsim matches back when that matchup was 7-3.

Yeah I would be surprised if he went with ryu. Even with the 2012 buffs he's still mid tier at best. Unless they made his u2 godlike he's staying where he is. What daigo might do is just pick ryu back up again but then put a good amount of time into a secondary that will help with ryu's bad matchups. Maybe cammy or he'll keep yun as his secondary because he put in all that time with him.

Imm0rt4l

Timedog said:
Ryu was top 3 in Straight Vanilla. Guile could pwn with Guile in Vanilla Super if he needed to, but he was good enough to make Ryu work sans a couple Dhalsim matches back when that matchup was 7-3.
I forgot that he played guile who was top in super, didn't know ryu was top 3 in vanilla though.

Imm0rt4l said:

Sol was pretty high up there in XX. In Accent core's he's mid, then again I am not sure if Diago even bothers with accent core.

Biggest advantage ryu's sweep has over akuma's is he can hit confirm into it on a crouching opponent, whereas akuma can only do it to standing opponents, and he can only force stand on crouchers at point blank.

Edgeward

So I'm probably gonna head to Super Arcade this weekend to check the place out and get some offline action in. Don't know why I decided to but I'm at a point online where I'm beating people I should beat but never beating ones I can't beat... if that makes sense. So I need to play some real people and hopefully learn something that will improve myself.

Plus it'll be fun, hopefully.

entrement said:
I wonder if Daigo is done tier whoring with v.2012. Will he go back to Ryu?

I think all the top players tier whore to some extent. They are the most skilled players, and they want to use the best available tools (characters) to help them win. It's all about winning. That's the heart of it, no?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
oA5TZ.jpg

Imm0rt4l

Lost Fragment said:
SRK down again. Probably so they can put more ads up.

3 different ads with 3 different songs playing simultaneously, calling it now.

Lol @ this lame, Jason24cf beating me by the skin of his teeth, booting me and calling me free. Fucking Scrub.

MIMIC

Banned
Bored....redoing some of the trials.

LOL, Ken's 19th trial is the funniest shit ever. "Sho, Sho, SHORYUKEN!" Such a waste of meter. =p

And speaking of trials, why didn't Capcom include trials for the new cast? :( I love doing trials! ;_;

zlatko

Banned
biosnake20 said:
Anyone that argues that ryu's sweep is bad doesnt know what they're talkin about. He has a better sweep than

Abel *no*
Adon
Balrog *no*
Blanka * no*
Cammy
Chun li * no*
Cody
C. Viper
Dan
Dhalsim
Dudley
E. Honda *no*
El Fuerte
Evil Ryu * no*
Gen * no*
Guile * no*
Guy * no*
Hakan
Ibuki
Juri
Makoto *no*
M. Bison *no*
Oni
Rose
Rufus *no*
Sagat
Sakura
Seth
T. Hawk
Vega
Yang *no*
Yun *no*
Zangief *no*

Only Dee Jay, Ken, Fei, Akuma, and Gouken have better sweeps then ryu.

The rest I'm not sure about, but the ones I put a no next to, all have better sweeps than Ryu.

Top Bottom