• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
vulva said:
• Support added for a wider range of arcade sticks

Many arcade sticks that previously would not be recognized should now be recognized (again, no guarantees your exact stick/pad is covered but there's a lot more natively supported than before).

• Fixed a bug that caused just the stick inputs (left / right / up / down) to not be recognized

• Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause extra lag/slowdowns in Endless Battle mode

• Fixed a bug with the controller mappings not always saving, especially when adding / removing controllers

• Fixed a bug that would allow players to go online with incorrect benchmark scores, which could affect match making

thanks :)! Good to see that they haven't totally left the pc version.

Timedog said:
Rice Eater has been ducking me since AE came out. Y U so scared?

I don't have time for a long set, have to sleep soon so I can go to work. The other times you tried to invite me, I was on PC. And we did play some on AE, I remember using Evil Ryu against you.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Sorry Timedog, I was already invited to a match by a friend and was already playing a long set when you invited me. Next time, next time!

Edgeward

Oooooh, I do hope the new patch now recognizes my hori va-s3 stick in dpad mode naturally without me having to use an external xbox controller emulator now.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
holdbrillanj said:
Probably afraid of your sweep

gQorB.gif

GunbladeV

Banned
The only thing i could think of is go for the actual high/low 25% of the time and the rest of the time just play the pressure game or read a buttstomp

Morris

Disco Devil
GunbladeV said:
I have a problem with almost all charge characters, but honda is nearly impossible for me sometimes.

There's nearly nothing dudley can do against a defensive honda. Also all of dudley's wake up pressure can be beaten by Honda's wake up options.

It is a terrible matchup, all duds can do is get the lead somehow and turtle that shit back.

Imm0rt4l said:
Yea, like for example as Gouken I can do st. lp, st. lp,st.lk, st. lk, cr. lk which is a 5 hit combo, however I can't cancel the cr. lk into tatsu even though you normally can raw.
Enlightening. I had no idea about that stuff.

PhatSaqs

Banned
zlatko said:
I think Guy is the character that has to work THE hardest in this game for wins.

Thoughts?
I agree. The amount of buttons I seem to press when playing him is amazing in comparison to Rose lol. Doesnt help that absolutely nothing he has is safe. And once everyone figures out that low profile moves (ryu c.mk, etc.) avoids his crossups, bushin flips AND his run HK, it becomes even harder...

zlatko

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
I agree. The amount of buttons I seem to press when playing him is amazing in comparison to Rose lol. Doesnt help that absolutely nothing he has is safe. And once everyone figures out that low profile moves (ryu c.mk, etc.) avoids his crossups, bushin flips AND his run HK, it becomes even harder...

It's just insane how bad he is that he doesn't even have good gimmick shit. His whole game seems to be based around playing 100% defensive and going for a straight poking/footsie game until your opponent is the one who cracks since you can't do shit to open them up if they are smart.

I'm more scared of Hakan players than I am guy players. :/ His 2012 buffs are a piss in the wind too, and I wish Capcom would give him a real jump MK for cross up, and maybe some better block strings/combos. Run stop is ass.

zlatko said:
I think Guy is the character that has to work THE hardest in this game for wins.

Thoughts?

yeah, he fuckin sucks. Online, he's practically the bottom of the barrel. But he's fun when he's stylin.

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:
One of the Final Fight protagonists got a walk speed buff.

It was not Guy :(

DryEye wouldn't lie to me. He says Guy can walk back faster now. ARE YOU CALLING HIM A PHONY?! :O

MIMIC

Banned
BotoxAgent said:
yeah, he fuckin sucks. Online, he's practically the bottom of the barrel. But he's fun when he's stylin.

A really good, aggressive Guy is always fun to watch. I love those combos of his.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
PhatSaqs said:

I played a good guy the other day and I couldn't punish anything. They changed the hitbox on his flip elbow, and his moves seem to have less recovery. I guess I'll try cr. mk.

Also, does bushin flip auto piledriver the opponent if they run into it, without extra input from Guy player? If so, that's fucking bullshit. That's terrible, terrible bullshit. I don't think I've EVER jumped into a bushin flip and not been piledrived.

Wiseblade said:
Fuerte works twice as hard as Guy for half the reward.

Having played at the minimum 1,000 matches vs. buk's fuerte I disagree to the fullest! Fuerte's main problem though is his defense, doesn't have a get off me move, but his offense is good.

_dementia said:
What does he get in 2K12 that alleviates his worries?

He can fadc bad spray and super cancel it as well.

From the change log on srk -

" Bad Spray is now two hits, Super-cancellable; with an FADC thrown in, Bad Spray FADC Final Destruction (UC1) will connect"

The main thing is being able to do bad spray FADC, making it safe.

Lost Fragment said:
Being able to FADC bad spray will definitely help him, but not against untechable knockdowns.
Exactly. Also you need two bars and they havent improved the bad spray at all other than it being focus cancellable. It still starts up in 25 frames and on block its -20. So overall his wake up is better, but its still pretty mediocre. And thats also why I think people are over reacting to his buffs and saying he'll be top tier. He'll probably be around mid tier now or upper mid at best.

biosnake20 said:
Exactly. Also you need two bars and they havent improved the bad spray at all other than it being focus cancellable. It still starts up in 25 frames and on block its -20. So overall his wake up is better, but its still pretty mediocre. And thats also why I think people are over reacting to his buffs and saying he'll be top tier. He'll probably be around mid tier now or upper mid at best.

Cody was already a solid mid tier character in Super.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
biosnake20 said:

I dunno, I think he'll be pretty damn good, but he'll still have a few clear Achilles heels. He's already good in Super.

I'm not too sure he'll be top tier though since other characters are getting buffed too.

Imm0rt4l

GunbladeV said:
I think honda v dudley is 7-3 honda. discuss
it's not that bad, I'd say 5.5 or 6 Honda. You can't really run oki on honda. A lot of people on the dudley boards think that the match is 5-5 though, but most of those people are just showing off their e-peen. These are the same people who say dudley beats guile. While Guile isn't a terrible matchup, it's not an easy one and definitely a match for guile to lose.

Top Bottom