• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
GGs. Wish you had stuck around a little while longer just so you could see how I beat that Yun the last time I fought him and told everyone here how godlike it was, heh :) I had that dude downloaded after the 2nd game or so, but I need to get better at it because 2 matches is too long to download someone in a tournament. Needs to be 2 rounds maximum.

Anyway, a couple bits of advice:

-Ken can punish hayates on block with hp dp almost every time, but be careful if the hayate is spaced well, else the first hit will hit and the rest will whiff. You won't have to worry about this most of the time, but it's still good to be aware.
-You need to work on your antiairing. I think I antiaired you more than you antiaired me.
-Work on your ground game more. At mid range Makoto (for now, this might change in ver 2012 because of her st.hk buff) has a lot of trouble with low pokes that have a lot of priority, like Ken's cr.mk.

So all this time, I thought when someone does a cross up HP/HK, you were still suppose to block it as if it were coming from your front side. But when I did some testing to see what kind of corner set ups I could go for, I found that it didn't work if I blocked a cross up HK/HP as a normal cross up. What's the point of going for a cross up HK/HP if it doesn't force your opponent to block the other way? Is it just suppose to be ambiguous? Or am I doing it wrong?

zlatko

Banned
Cloudius12 said:

icon_mother_of_god.jpg

cHaotix8

People complain about bad spray startup but it changes your wakeup timing, actually making you get up much faster than normal. The opponent has to commit to either baiting or doing a mixup immediately after knocking you down, since any safe jump would just get blown up.

GunbladeV said:
I think honda v dudley is 7-3 honda. discuss

It's probably 6-4 at the worst. You can Ultra 1 all headbutts so on his wakeup you can just sage jump OS empty duck. If he EX headbutts you block and ultra, if he butt slams you duck through it and get a punish.

You can also whiff punish far roundhouse with ultra if you bait it, you can anti air him pretty well with stand mk and trade dp xx combos. You can also punish his neutral jumps with ex duck upper. The only bad thing about this matchup is that you lose in footsies, but what else is new.

Against Sim I usually try to either bait HP and punish with RHxxEX MGB or wait on a yoga fire and punish with EX thunderbolt. It also doesn't hurt to jump in every now and then, since Dudley has good air normals that beat sims anti airs at different range. I'm also not against throwing full screen EX MGB's when Sim doesn't have super. The risk vs reward is in your favor so why the hell not?

Airan

I absolutely fucking hate neutral jump attacks. Argh, I get hit by them everytime. I know as Makoto I can fukiage them, but when I insert them into my guess after a dash they do something else :mad:

Airan said:
I absolutely fucking hate neutral jump attacks. Argh, I get hit by them everytime. I know as Makoto I can fukiage them, but when I insert them into my guess after a dash they do something else :mad:

I can't stand Chun's neutral jump rh. Other than the spread eagle position she displays, fuck that move!

>:[

biosnake20 said:
Fei's neutral jump roundhouse is just as annoying.

That too

Edgeward

Anyone experiencing online on AE PC being worse than before the patch? Even on good matches it will have a small hiccup every now and then.

dragonballjoseph said:
Missed the vid and my PC derps with flv (and I'm too lazy to fix it). But is poongko dancing to Sorry by Super Junior?

Yes, well it's a parody of it.

rivals

Edgeward said:
Anyone experiencing online on AE PC being worse than before the patch? Even on good matches it will have a small hiccup every now and then.

Could have been variance but my matches yesterday were awful. I hadn't played pc online in about a week and the couple hours I put in yesterday had only a small handful of matches that actually felt good. Definitely not enough to know whether or not the patch affected it, but I'm really hoping not because that sucked.

Edgeward

Play some matches with me, Rivals. GT Edgeward34

Matches seem better now. I came across this on GFAQs and it seemed to cure it all up

I came across this problem before.
If you are using xbox360ce, delete those files in the AE directory.
If you aren't, go into documents/CAPCOM/SUPERSTREETFIGHTERIV/config.ini

OFF the renderingthread if its ON, ON if its OFF

Edgeward

I can play some matches with you sometime, jlai. I'm gonna just get blown up but whatever I need more practice.

Gonna head to Super Arcade, hope I don't get exposed there as well. But should be fun.

GunbladeV

Banned
cHaotix8 said:
It's probably 6-4 at the worst. You can Ultra 1 all headbutts so on his wakeup you can just sage jump OS empty duck. If he EX headbutts you block and ultra, if he butt slams you duck through it and get a punish.

You can also whiff punish far roundhouse with ultra if you bait it, you can anti air him pretty well with stand mk and trade dp xx combos. You can also punish his neutral jumps with ex duck upper. The only bad thing about this matchup is that you lose in footsies, but what else is new

I wasnt familiar with the OS. The most successful think i found the other day was definitely the ex ducking upper on his neutral jump stop signs.

Kai

Lost Fragment said:
GGs. Wish you had stuck around a little while longer just so you could see how I beat that Yun the last time I fought him and told everyone here how godlike it was, heh :) I had that dude downloaded after the 2nd game or so, but I need to get better at it because 2 matches is too long to download someone in a tournament. Needs to be 2 rounds maximum.

Anyway, a couple bits of advice:

-Ken can punish hayates on block with hp dp almost every time, but be careful if the hayate is spaced well, else the first hit will hit and the rest will whiff. You won't have to worry about this most of the time, but it's still good to be aware.
-You need to work on your antiairing. I think I antiaired you more than you antiaired me.
-Work on your ground game more. At mid range Makoto (for now, this might change in ver 2012 because of her st.hk buff) has a lot of trouble with low pokes that have a lot of priority, like Ken's cr.mk.
Thank you so much... I will keep trying. Mind if I add you on Live?

Top Bottom