• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

GunbladeV

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
it's not that bad, I'd say 5.5 or 6 Honda. You can't really run oki on honda. A lot of people on the dudley boards think that the match is 5-5 though, but most of those people are just showing off their e-peen. These are the same people who say dudley beats guile. While Guile isn't a terrible matchup, it's not an easy one and definitely a match for guile to lose.

i will concede 6-4.

USD

biosnake20 said:
No time to make other GIFs right now, though I guess this one will do.

ragingjusticezu9l.gif

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I've been playing 3S since it came out, and I've been wondering how many people who bitch about Makoto in AE have ever played 3S. She's got so much dumb shit in that game.

-Lightning-fast overhead that's +4 on block
-EX hayate +2 on block
-13-frame forward dash
-Dosen't have to worry as much about mashed jabs and reversals
-If you whiff a karakusa you recover in time to be able to parry a neutral jump attack
-Has an easier time getting in there
-Much better mixup potential after hayate
-Better risk/reward on her oki game in general
-Does lots of stun in a game where the stun bar takes forever to deplete
-100% stun combos in a game where damage scaling is less of a factor
-In a game that's more accommodating to her playstyle in general

Shit is bananas.

Azure J

Lost Fragment said:
So I've been playing 3S since it came out, and I've been wondering how many people who bitch about Makoto in AE have ever played 3S. She's got so much dumb shit in that game.

-Lightning-fast overhead that's +4 on block
-EX hayate +2 on block
-13-frame forward dash
-Dosen't have to worry as much about mashed jabs and reversals
-If you whiff a karakusa you recover in time to be able to parry a neutral jump attack
-Has an easier time getting in there
-Much better mixup potential after hayate
-Better risk/reward on her oki game in general
-Does lots of stun in a game where the stun bar takes forever to deplete
-100% stun combos in a game where damage scaling is less of a factor
-In a game that's more accommodating to her playstyle in general

Shit is bananas.

The second thing after her overall design and animation set in Third Strike that made her my "main" or would be main at the time was seeing this video for the first time. It pretty much demonstrates all you just mentioned and shows how beast mode this character is. Arcade Edition Makoto looks at 3S Makoto depressed as hell wondering where all her really good shit went. :lol

AzureJericho said:
The second thing after her overall design and animation set in Third Strike that made her my "main" or would be main at the time was seeing this video for the first time. It pretty much demonstrates all you just mentioned and shows how beast mode this character is. Arcade Edition Makoto looks at 3S Makoto depressed as hell wondering where all her really good shit went. :lol
Fucking love J's triumphant expressions

edit: bed intruder under related videos

DR2K said:
Rose would like to have a word with you.
Rose's wake up defense is nothing to rave about but its definitely more solid then cody's. She has that fantastic backdash and u2. Yeah u2 is nowhere near as good as it used to be but its still useful.

I know I say this every once in a while. But I truly want to be done with this godforsaken game. There are other games I want to play....and this game's online is ass. I was much happier and less stressed enjoying single player story games. I'm out :-D

BotoxAgent said:
I know I say this every once in a while. But I truly want to be done with this godforsaken game. There are other games I want to play....and this game's online is ass. I was much happier and less stressed enjoying single player story games. I'm out :-D

See ya 2012!

:D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
AzureJericho said:

She's weaker in AE than she is in 3S, but not by a significant amount, imo. She's just different. I've got like a 60% win rate with her in 3S though because her overall plan is the same: get a knockdown and do shit.

GunbladeV

Banned
narcosis219 said:
What does a Dudley do vs a Dhalsim? I know I destroy him in 1.5 combos, but goddamn I feel like I have 0 tools against this character

It rarely happens but do you try to roundhouse exmgb his standing fierce? It makes you look like daigo and it works good if you get the spacing right.

Other wise i just block limbs over and over just to try and get close...its definitely frustrating.

You can also punish yoga sniper with exmgb timed right.

Lost Fragment said:
She's weaker in AE than she is in 3S, but not by a significant amount, imo. She's just different. I've got like a 60% win rate with her in 3S though because her overall plan is the same: get a knockdown and do shit.
You must be new to 3s then. She's much better at her gameplan in 3s its just the game gives you more outs.

Imm0rt4l

narcosis219 said:
What does a Dudley do vs a Dhalsim? I know I destroy him in 1.5 combos, but goddamn I feel like I have 0 tools against this character
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17OGkmAbOAk

troll him to death

Seriously though, buffering roundhouse exmgb is good sometimes, stand just outside of his fierce and try and poke it with cr. mk to get a knockdown from fullscreen. This is a match where thunderbolt is useful as well.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
AkumaHokoru said:
You must be new to 3s then. She's much better at her gameplan in 3s its just the game gives you more outs.

Yeah I'm new to 3S so I'm probably talking out my ass to an extent, but I don't dispute that she has an easier time in 3S getting you in a position that she wants you and that a lot of it is a product of the way that game works as a whole. She's still pretty damn good in AE though, if not slightly overrated.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I fought a Cody once that did nothing but standing short over and over again. After I beat him I joined his room again and same shit. I eventually came to the conclusion that dude had put his lk button on turbo and sat a coffee mug down on it or something and then went to bed.

I should try doing that with Dhalsim sometime and see how many points I have left when I wake up.

Kai

Starting a lobby on AE Xbox... Trying to get some option select practice with Ken - jump ins after knockdowns and such...

Gamertag: Samuskai23

Come on in!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kai said:
Starting a lobby on AE Xbox... Trying to get some option select practice with Ken - jump ins after knockdowns and such...

Gamertag: Samuskai23

Come on in!

I might drop by in a few minutes if it's not already filled up. Need to get back on AE and start training up for Seasons Beatings.

Hey, Virtuoso, where are you, I'm here now. I PM'd you and message you on Live, no response yet so I'm posting here to see if you're around for GAFBATS. Just got off work, don't tell me you're asleep already, nobody should be sleeping till at least 5 AM from your own time zone.

Kai

Jesus - your makoto is amazing.

I can't get in =(. Yeah I am lost against your Makoto rush game.

I'm tryin to counter your back dashes with tatsu's... And havin to wake up ultra to hope u keep pressuring.

Top Bottom