• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Kai

That's how I feel now - this Sim and Ryu in this lobby are tearing it up. Though TimedogGAF hasn't played in a min - keeps letting the timer run out.

Kai

This Dhalsim is pretty insane. Though he is going against Rose/Ryu/Ken... So it's not a rush down character he has to deal with.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Dhalsim is the most frustrating matchup of all time for Ryu. Goddammmm.

Let the timer run out cause I randomly jumped up and decided to make pizza dough! I'll be on in a little after I finish kneading my second dough ball.

Kai

Timedog said:
Dhalsim is the most frustrating matchup of all time for Ryu. Goddammmm.

Let the timer run out cause I randomly jumped up and decided to make pizza dough! I'll be on in a little after I finish kneading my second dough ball.
Yeah he's pretty BS for Ken too...

You are pretty good though bro - will add you - so I can work on my spacing.

El Sloth

Banned
Shoutouts to Rocwell and his awesome Fighting GAF shirt:

jwYdm.png

http://neogaf.spreadshirt.com/rocwell-01-gildan-A8065089/customize/color/4

I really like how the final design turned out.

Kai said:
I kept trying - but if missed - auto throw/punish..

I'm just being sarcastic. I'm with you though, that match is very tough for Ken, although I think he does have it a little better then Ryu since his options at close range and to stay on top of Dhalsim are better. But regardless it's not a good match up for him.

Can't really give you much advice though, as another Shoto player I'm free to Dhalsim as well.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Kai said:
That seems crazy - how do I get in and my fireball recovery is longer than Ryu's...
Take tips from Mr. eva. I haven't played him in a while, but back in the day he'd body me all over town.

Satyamdas

Banned
eva01 said:
7-3 matchup in Ken's favor according to Satyamdas
Lying is never a good look, eva01. :mad:

<eva01> 4.5/5.5 in sim favor
<Saty> that shit is 6-4 for ken
<eva01> lol
<eva01> I had it 4.5/5.5 in ken favor
<eva01> guess I was wrong
<eva01> its in sim favor
<Saty> you were almost right
<Saty> 6-4 ken
<eva01> saty trolling with that 6-4
<Saty> you know it's true

At first I was annoyed that they were giving Hakan oil at the start of the match, but I forgot about his intro animation where he pours oil on himself anyhow.

Yeah. . .

Not to be stupid about game story / logic or try to make any sense of random crap, but in a stupid way it makes sense. :p

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
A Mak player joined the lobby and asked me to not use pink Mak because he can't play her without using that color or something. Well, I hate the mirror anyway.

Timedog said:
Someone send me an invite to the lobby!!! My Ryu went from S tier to S+ the last couple days.

I'm on your friends list. You could've just joined from my profile if there were spaces open.

LProtag

I just got power back and would have to move my setup from where I had it running on a generator to get my PS3 plugged into the internet also I'm rusty as hell... maybe some other time, haha.

These are my excuses because the last time I played in a lobby with GAF I got destroyed.

Imm0rt4l

Just had a long set with Emblem Lords Sagat. &#65288;&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

FFFFFUUUUUU

Chatted with him a bit afterwards, and we came to the conclusion that Sagat gouken is at least 7-3 Sagat. Sagats buttons beat goukens, Sagat outzones gouken, when Sagat has U2 stocked you cannot demonflip AT ALL, not even a lk version while sagat is at the other end of hte screen!! senkugoshoha is useless outside of a combo. Goukens game has to be predicated on either yomi or absolute recklessness to get a win, so the wins aren't pretty. Only thing gouken can do is punish mistakes, and when you're playing a high level opponent they make little mistakes. Sagat has an invincible dp, gouken has a shitty counter that barely works. Angry scar tiger uppercut>>>>>>demonflip parry since it breaks glass....oh and it's counterhit for 225 damage. gg capcom. Sagat stocked with U2 means all I can do is fireball, because his footsies>>>>>my footsies, and fireball is dangerous enough seeing as it's really slow startup. And corner=death. Gouken is an incredibly stupid character that capcom obviously didn't think through outside of him being a cpu boss who had a move that countered cuz thecpu is cheap and knows when you're pressing buttons. smh. "You must defeat me to stand a chance"....yea that's right, because if you can't beat me, then you're ass. The fuck kinda boss character doesn't have good matchups?

/rant

SmokeMaxX

Imm0rt4l said:
Just had a long set with Emblem Lords Sagat. &#65288;&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

FFFFFUUUUUU

Chatted with him a bit afterwards, and we came to the conclusion that Sagat gouken is at least 7-3 Sagat. Sagats buttons beat goukens, Sagat outzones gouken, when Sagat has U2 stocked you cannot demonflip AT ALL, not even a lk version while sagat is at the other end of hte screen!! senkugoshoha is useless outside of a combo. Goukens game has to be predicated on either yomi or absolute recklessness to get a win, so the wins aren't pretty. Only thing gouken can do is punish mistakes, and when you're playing a high level opponent they make little mistakes. Sagat has an invincible dp, gouken has a shitty counter that barely works. Angry scar tiger uppercut>>>>>>demonflip parry since it breaks glass....oh and it's counterhit for 225 damage. gg capcom. Sagat stocked with U2 means all I can do is fireball, because his footsies>>>>>my footsies, and fireball is dangerous enough seeing as it's really slow startup. And corner=death. Gouken is an incredibly stupid character that capcom obviously didn't think through outside of him being a cpu boss who had a move that countered cuz thecpu is cheap and knows when you're pressing buttons. smh. "You must defeat me to stand a chance"....yea that's right, because if you can't beat me, then you're ass. The fuck kinda boss character doesn't have good matchups?

/rant
But Backthrow -> Ultra.

Yeah I must admit, Gouken is one of the most disappointing characters ever. When they finally revealed that Gouken would be in SF4, I was excited. Finally a chance to play the master of Ken and Ryu. Then we get our hands on him and at first I was just disappointed because he didn't have a normal DP. Then when I started getting better at the game, I learned that he can't do any hit confirm off jabs. His wake up game is ass, his reversal on block or whiff means huge damage, no hit confirms, weak mix ups.

Pretty much he zones decently, can punish mistakes very hard, and back throw Ultra can be pretty damn annoying, but that's about it.

Top Bottom