• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kadey said:
The younger brother always has a bigger one.

YK2gu.png

Yea it is odd that hes that bad, but its also odd the oni isnt that good. He should be godlike cuz hes full power akuma. But stuff like that doesnt mean shit. When someone as fat as rufus is that mobile than you know that somethings not right lol.

Also cody vs sim makes me rage so hard.

Imm0rt4l

Messing with Oni in training mode, This character has hit confirms....I like.

God's Beard said:
Akuma is the master.
I don't think their is anything Gouken can do that Akuma can't do better.

Rice-Eater said:
Scaled to 80% now. Gouken main's all shed a tear the day that news broke :*(
yea that shit sucks, I didn't mind terribly because I hate backthrow to ultra, unfortunately it's the only viable way to get it since tatsu whiffs on crouching so tatsu FADC ultra is useless unless your name is sagat. Not that tatsu ultra would be that great since that shit has no invincibility and is like 11 frame startup, and -102 on whiff. Gouken might go from being bottom 3 or 4 to bottom 1 in 2012. Unless U2 is REALLY good and somehow fixes his many bad matchups, I'm not optimistic.

Imm0rt4l

Rice-Eater said:
Have they ever made a canon SF4 tier list? Meaning how good are the characters according to the plot(comics/manga/film)?
Have they done this in the past? I recall hearing that Q is stronger than ryu canon, but not sure what that's based on, a Udon comic? I'd be interested to see how seth and akuma rank.

Imm0rt4l said:
yea that shit sucks, I didn't mind terribly because I hate backthrow to ultra, unfortunately it's the only viable way to get it since tatsu whiffs on crouching so tatsu FADC ultra is useless unless your name is sagat. Not that tatsu ultra would be that great since that shit has no invincibility and is like 11 frame startup, and -102 on whiff. Gouken might go from being bottom 3 or 4 to bottom 1 in 2012. Unless U2 is REALLY good and somehow fixes his many bad matchups, I'm not optimistic.
Yeah with cody movin on up to the mid tiers goukens basically by himself in the "Low-Mid tier" in AE2012 lol. Actually vega and troll hawk will probably still keep you company lol.

cHaotix8

biosnake20 said:
Yeah with cody movin on up to the mid tiers goukens basically by himself in the "Low-Mid tier" in AE2012 lol. Actually vega and troll hawk will probably still keep you company lol.

Cody was mid in super dawg. Them be high tier rocks he be slangin now.

Imm0rt4l

biosnake20 said:
I think Cody is solid, To me he seems like a better dudley with a projectile, I wish I could say gouken was even low mid right now. Cody is going to be nice though, might mess with him a bit.

cHaotix8 said:
Cody was mid in super dawg. Them be high tier rocks he be slangin now.
Nah dawg, in AE he has one matchup thats in his favor and thats again claw. Every other matchup is bad for him or even. Thats not what I call mid tier. Also in 2012 almost everyone is getting buffed so that doesnt help. But no doubt in AE2012 he'll be probably mid tier.

Imm0rt4l said:
I think Cody is solid, To me he seems like a better dudley with a projectile, I wish I could say gouken was even low mid right now. Cody is going to be nice though, might mess with him a bit.
Dudley has better wakeup options and a better overhead.

Imm0rt4l said:
I don't think their is anything Gouken can do that Akuma can't do better.
  • Has the same moves as Ryu
  • Has the same hair color as Ryu
  • Takes a bigger interest in Ryu's progress

cHaotix8

biosnake20 said:
Nah dawg, in AE he has one matchup thats in his favor and thats again claw. Every other matchup is bad for him or even. Thats not what I call mid tier. Also in 2012 almost everyone is getting buffed so that doesnt help. But no doubt in AE2012 he'll be mid tier at least and maybe even high tier.

I think the only characters he loses to are the Twins, Cammy, Rufus, Chun, Rog, Bison, Guile, Gief and Dhalsim. Everyone else he either goes even with or beats.

cHaotix8 said:
I think the only characters he loses to are the Twins, Cammy, Rufus, Chun, Rog, Bison, Guile, Gief and Dhalsim. Everyone else he either goes even with or beats.
Cody loses to:
Yun
Yang
Akuma
Fei
Guile
Cammy
Abel
Rufus
Sim
Viper
Seth
Gief
Sagat
Dee Jay
Ken
T.Hawk
and boxer, chun and honda are very close to even.

He is even with the rest.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
biosnake20 said:
Cody loses to:
Yun
Yang
Akuma
Fei
Guile
Cammy
Abel
Rufus
Sim
Viper
Seth
Gief
Sagat
Dee Jay
Ken
T.Hawk
and boxer, chun and honda are very close to even.

He is even with the rest.

You can add Makoto to that list as well.

If there is one thing Oni isn't lacking it's combos and damage. He can pack quite a wallop when it comes to those 2 departments. Even though he can do 500 damage off one slash FADC combo, he can reset it with fierce or EX slash for fresh damage with the latter potentially leading to a lot more damage if your opponent isn't looking for it.

I just beat the 28th best gouken and all of immortals posts rushed in to my head about how bad he is, and in result i almost double perfected him lol.

Edgeward

biosnake20 said:
Wait where are you guys seeing combofiend playin with oni?

I went to Super Arcade today and Combofiend and Killer Kai were there. Combofiend was bodying everyone with Oni. Including me. v_v

btw Killer Kai doesn't have Rape-y eyes IRL.

Edgeward said:
I went to Super Arcade today and Combofiend and Killer Kai were there. Combofiend was bodying everyone with Oni. Including me. v_v

btw Killer Kai doesn't have Rape-y eyes IRL.
Oh sweet, does anyone know if oni"s 2012 changes are a big deal or not? I know nothing about him.

Also do we have any good fei players on xbla gaf? Lots of cody players say its in fei's advantage but i disagree. Its feels even to me. Or maybe i havent played enough good fei's.

Imm0rt4l

biosnake20 said:
I just beat the 28th best gouken and all of immortals posts rushed in to my head about how bad he is, and in result i almost double perfected him lol.
Like a
bottomtier
boss.

zlatko

Banned
Cody's biggest issue and the reason I dropped him back in Super is one you are all aware of. When he gets knocked down he is hella fucked. This is raised to infinity when the opponent has any kind of command grab.

He deals fairly well with dive kick characters thanks to his anti air options, but throw in a command grab and he's fucked.

Oh and whoever mentioned Dhalsim vs Cody being in Dhalsim's favor I can't say I agree. I never found that match up awful for Cody since he has a good set of ways to get closer to the opponent, and a lot of stuff in particular is effective against Sim. It has to be 5-5.

I can see Cody getting top 10 in 2012, but he'll be #10 is my guess. It'll all come down to how different the match ups against command grab characters will be, which doesn't look that different. I wish bad Spray was just a SRK motion and you could do it on wake ups only, techable or hard. :(

Satyamdas

Banned
zlatko said:
Cody's biggest issue and the reason I dropped him back in Super is one you are all aware of. When he gets knocked down he is hella fucked. This is raised to infinity when the opponent has any kind of command grab.

He deals fairly well with dive kick characters thanks to his anti air options, but throw in a command grab and he's fucked.

Oh and whoever mentioned Dhalsim vs Cody being in Dhalsim's favor I can't say I agree. I never found that match up awful for Cody since he has a good set of ways to get closer to the opponent, and a lot of stuff in particular is effective against Sim. It has to be 5-5.

I can see Cody getting top 10 in 2012, but he'll be #10 is my guess. It'll all come down to how different the match ups against command grab characters will be, which doesn't look that different. I wish bad Spray was just a SRK motion and you could do it on wake ups only, techable or hard. :(
Yeah Cody is special, so he shouldn't have to deal with untechable knockdowns. Great idea.
thumbs_up_smiley.gif

zlatko

Banned
Satyamdas said:
Yeah Cody is special, so he shouldn't have to deal with untechable knockdowns. Great idea.
thumbs_up_smiley.gif

I meant in the sense that when you do an untechable knock down on say Ken, he can still mash a DP when he stands up. It'd be nice if Cody could have that too, because Bingo doesn't cut it.

Satyamdas

Banned
zlatko said:
I meant in the sense that when you do an untechable knock down on say Ken, he can still mash a DP when he stands up. It'd be nice if Cody could have that too, because Bingo doesn't cut it.
Yeah poor Cody really needs a good reversal move. Sim and Makoto could use one too, it'd be nice if they could have one as well. Actually, Sim and Mak would probably kill just for something as good as Bad Spray. I hear Abel is kinda weak on wakeup, maybe he should have something too?

zlatko

Banned
Satyamdas said:
Yeah poor Cody really needs a good reversal move. Sim and Makoto could use one too, it'd be nice if they could have one as well. Actually, Sim and Mak would probably kill just for something as good as Bad Spray. I hear Abel is kinda weak on wakeup, maybe he should have something too?

Don't derp too hard you might make your head explode.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Lost Fragment said:
Hey Timedawg let's FT10.

When you wanna do this shit? My only job is jacking off and playing Street Fighter right now. If you wanna get exposed by low tier ass Ryu, let's get'r done.

Tried to get into a Endless room with you tonight but couldn't get an invite.

zlatko

Banned
Satyamdas said:
I couldn't derp as much as you on the derpiest day of the year if I had an electrified derping machine.

You never know you might surprise yourself if you tried.

Abel doesn't suck on wake up either by the way, which is why I mentioned derping in the first place.

Sim's entire playstyle revolves at keep away, if he also had a great reversal move on wake up like a srk he could fadc, then he'd be broken as shit.

Makoto can do focus attack dash on wake up often thanks to how far her dash goes and how fast it is. She has other tools too right given the situation?

Cody on knockdown = ex zonk. Which is ass, and his focus back dash barely takes him anywhere, so he's left to block like Sim, except he isn't a keep away character.

Giving him bad spray on wake up only ask a SRK motion wouldn't make him broken. It's just as is, Cody knocked down = ride him to death. Maybe my bad spray idea isn't the right solution either, but I'd like to see him get something more reliable for wake up than just blocking.

My 2 pennies.

Satyamdas

Banned
zlatko said:
You never know you might surprise yourself if you tried.

Abel doesn't suck on wake up either by the way, which is why I mentioned derping in the first place.

Sim's entire playstyle revolves at keep away, if he also had a great reversal move on wake up like a srk he could fadc, then he'd be broken as shit.

Makoto can do focus attack dash on wake up often thanks to how far her dash goes and how fast it is. She has other tools too right given the situation?

Cody on knockdown = ex zonk. Which is ass, and his focus back dash barely takes him anywhere, so he's left to block like Sim, except he isn't a keep away character.

Giving him bad spray on wake up only ask a SRK motion wouldn't make him broken. It's just as is, Cody knocked down = ride him to death. Maybe my bad spray idea isn't the right solution either, but I'd like to see him get something more reliable for wake up than just blocking.

My 2 pennies.
Cody is ass on wakeup because he is a fucking beast in the damage department. Sure, he doesn't have an Akuma-like vortex but he has frame traps out the ass and does big damage if you get caught pressing buttons. If he had a godlike reversal move on top of his pressure and damage game, he would be stupid broken. You want to do ridiculous damage? Cool, then you are going to have to struggle a little more on your wakeup. Oh, but Akuma and Ken have dp's which make their wakeup better? Cool, play them then.

And Abel doesn't suck on wakeup? What does he have that makes his wakeup better than Cody's?

zlatko

Banned
Satyamdas said:
Cody is ass on wakeup because he is a fucking beast in the damage department. Sure, he doesn't have an Akuma-like vortex but he has frame traps out the ass and does big damage if you get caught pressing buttons. If he had a godlike reversal move on top of his pressure and damage game, he would be stupid broken. You want to do ridiculous damage? Cool, then you are going to have to struggle a little more on your wakeup. Oh, but Akuma and Ken have dp's which make their wakeup better? Cool, play them then.

And Abel doesn't suck on wakeup? What does he have that makes his wakeup better than Cody's?

Abel has ex roll, ex command grab, and ex change of direction. As long as he has 1 bar of meter he generally can get out of w/e the opponent is trying to do. Cody with 1 meter has ex zonk, and if lets it rip, odds are it is blocked or avoided and then he eats damage and goes back to the ground.

I much prefer being Abel knocked down than Cody.

SmokeMaxX

zlatko said:
Abel has ex roll, ex command grab, and ex change of direction. As long as he has 1 bar of meter he generally can get out of w/e the opponent is trying to do. Cody with 1 meter has ex zonk, and if lets it rip, odds are it is blocked or avoided and then he eats damage and goes back to the ground.

I much prefer being Abel knocked down than Cody.
Don't all/most of those lose to throw?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lost Fragment said:
http://i.imgur.com/YK2gu.png

Bank account. What else would I be talking about?

And Cody has EX Bingo on wake up. I find that really annoying because a lot of Cody players do it. And I'm dumb enough to get hit by it most of the time because I'm the most susceptible to wake up supers, ultras, etc. Rush down baby!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Kadey said:
Bank account. What else would I be talking about?

And Cody has EX Bingo on wake up. I find that really annoying because a lot of Cody players do it. And I'm dumb enough to get hit by it most of the time because I'm the most susceptible to wake up supers, ultras, etc. Rush down baby!

Have to love the fact that Dudley's forward medium punch beats wakeup ex bingo ;)!

Top Bottom