• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

I dont know how you talk about buffering when there is the one tool no one uses(or rather people use but dont talk about) If you push MP and hold it. do the motion and then release the button at the point where you would push the button again to do the special it will come out anyway. so if you do MP(hold) qcf (release) you'll get your 2-1

zoku88

Edgeward said:
Thanks for the pointers, Zlatko. I'll keep them in mind next time I run into Gen's online.

You do the motion after activating the standing MP. Meaning as soon as you hit mp and the move is coming out do your next motion so you can buffer it. You do not have to wait for the animation to end to input directional commands, only button presses.

Sweeps are moves that knock you off your feet and give a hard knockdown, meaning you can't quick rise/get up faster so people can time their jump ins after to be safe. The SweepGAF tier list is in reference to every characters cr RH.

http://sonichurricane.com/articles/sfterms.html

This will cover some terms but not all, especially the meme terms are definitely not covered. But it should help.
Thanks for the tips. I've recently become addicted and would like to not suck xd

Thanks for the article too.

zlatko said:
You guys need to think a little more about those sweeps. Like where Abel is. You realize he can CANCEL his sweep into a roll right? I think he can cancel it into axe kick and change of direction as well. Those options there bump it up a good notch from what you have it at. Plus it has long ass reach to boot.

Why would cancelling into role be a good thing? You're giving the opponent an even easier punish, same with CoD which is a God-awful move outside of combos. Wheel-kick is the only really useful option and that's a free punish if your opponent isn't terrible as well. It's range is useless due to it's shitty hitbox and start up, if you're attempting to poke with it then 9 out of 10 times you'll be hit out of it.

The only use it really have is an as OS and I'll only use it as one if my opponent can get out of my dash TT OS. It's a terrible move all around.

Satyamdas

Banned
AkumaHokoru said:
I dont know how you talk about buffering when there is the one tool no one uses(or rather people use but dont talk about) If you push MP and hold it. do the motion and then release the button at the point where you would push the button again to do the special it will come out anyway. so if you do MP(hold) qcf (release) you'll get your 2-1
Akuma how do you not know that this is called Negative Edge? Everyone knows about it.

Being able to cancel Abels sweep takes it from a mediocre sweep to a good one. Yeah it starts up slow, but it has good range on it and being able to cancel it is a big deal. Canceling into roll lets him make the sweep safe against alot of characters and you have to react to the roll to punish it and most people don't unless you do it a lot. Canceling into into wheelkick is a nice gimmick to throw out there because they have block low first. And cancelling into COD makes it completely safe with fadc. So yea his sweep isnt amazing but its pretty good and it has its uses.

Sblargh

Banned
Spirit of Jazz said:
EX fireballs require EX Shamwow, also everything defeats EX Soul Spiral.

Shamwow that I speak of is the ultra; soul spark. Dude Ex-Fireballed; I woke up soul spark and it hit me. I am used to soul spark punishing any button press, I don't remember other EX fireballs giving me trouble.

Satyamdas said:
Akuma how do you not know that this is called Negative Edge? Everyone knows about it.
talking to the newbie who asked about buffering. explained the easy way in detail from the jump rather than just saying "oh just negative edge" then have them ask then have to explain it.

USD

biosnake20 said:
So is this karaface interview like vaporware now?
lol no

lolnoukf4.gif

broz0rs

USD said:

Zhi is the man. He is such a funny, well spoken individual. His formspring answers can get hilarious and thought provoking.

Here's a relevant question he answered a few days ago.

http://www.formspring.me/zhieeep/q/233296636757945335

Did you tap that karaface? And if you didn't, would you?

Sometimes when I look at her I wish society had not inculcated me with predefined notions of gender and sexuality.

Then I wake from my stupor and tell myself, "be a charge character and turtle that, wait for the post-operation DLC before making any unwanted advances. There is no need to rushdown and divekick on landmines."

Ashkeloth

biosnake20 said:
Imm0rt4l has been lying to us this whole time, gouken is top tier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohNAxa52ZEA&feature=player_embedded

Also wtf at fei having above average stamina

I fought a Gouken like this once. A damned painful experience too. It felt like I couldn't do anything once he got the first hit in.

Still, to do most of these, you still have to be able to actually hit your opponent, which against a good player using a good character who knows when to block and when to attack when you're using Gouken with his terrible, slow, everything... well, good luck.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What is all this stuff with Kara lately? I think I missed out. Something about an interview, and then that Zhi formspring thing makes it seem like she is transgendered? Can someone get me back into the loop?

Timedog said:
What is all this stuff with Kara lately? I think I missed out. Something about an interview, and then that Zhi formspring thing makes it seem like she is transgendered? Can someone get me back into the loop?

You should watch the interview when it comes out then.

why is she getting so much attention now? part of it is probably cause she's a lurker on this forum.

USD

Shadow780 said:
I've noticed her since 09 stream, dibs?
I don't think I even who she was until EVO 2010. When I was going through the old EVO threads before this year's, I lol'd at my reaction/

But you can't claim her, she's mai
furendo www
broz0rs said:
Zhi is the man. He is such a funny, well spoken individual. His formspring answers can get hilarious and thought provoking.

Here's a relevant question he answered a few days ago.

http://www.formspring.me/zhieeep/q/233296636757945335

Did you tap that karaface? And if you didn't, would you?
And yes, Zhi is awesome. Pretty funny in the (vaporware) interview.

...Anyway, the next episode of Frieda and Fubarduck's show, Amalgame TV, is starting up in about an hour. Last time it was mostly in Japanese, but they did the Q&A stuff in both English and Japanese, so check it out.

http://www.twitch.tv/frieda0914

Here's a recap of the last episode from iPW. You can also submit questions for the show on iPW, though it might be a bit late for this week.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/9/5/amalgame-tv-weekly-recap.html

notworksafe

Timedog said:
She takes pictures and used to be a dude. There's really nothing more to it than that. Otherwise, she's pretty periphery and unimportant.

As for why all the stuff lately...FG community is weird and obsessed with stuff like that.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
cHaotix8 said:
I don't understand how you guys have Cody Makoto in Mak's favor. He out footsies her and can shut her down on offense. It's 5-5 at the worst.

Cody has EX Criminal upper to deal with command grabs/throws and EX Zonk to deal with anything that isn't a safejump/dive kick. With three bars of meter he can get out of most situations, just like Dudley/Ibuki. The only bad thing about Zonk is that you have to charge it but the payoff for having that is being able to punish derpy stuff instantly like Balrog dash punches and Bison Scissor kicks. Even then, it recovers faster than almost any other reversal, so if someone does a DP at the same time you do Zonk you can hit them with a fat combo or ultra.

Makoto can option select all that. With or without ultra. With ultra, safejump OS U1 beats all his reversals. Delayed EX upper and EX zonk gets him out, but that's easier said than done and if you mess up you eat the jump-in.

On offense Cody can shut her down, but it's also risky because he generally likes to be within ex karakusa range on offense. If he tries to bait it with a neutral jump and the Makoto player's looking for it, she can AA U1 or just fukiage into stupid damage.

I'm not so sure he outfooties here either.

Pretty confident it's 6-4 for Makoto. Maybe not a bad 6-4 but a 6-4 none the less. Probably gonna be a bit better for him when the patch comes out though.

Haha, I played the SSF2 Genesis port yesterday with a friend of mine. He was shocked by how little has changed since then. He blew me up though :(

cHaotix8

Lost Fragment said:
Makoto can option select all that. With or without ultra. With ultra, safejump OS U1 beats all his reversals. Delayed EX upper and EX zonk gets him out, but that's easier said than done and if you mess up you eat the jump-in.

On offense Cody can shut her down, but it's also risky because he generally likes to be within ex karakusa range on offense. If he tries to bait it with a neutral jump and the Makoto player's looking for it, she can AA U1 or just fukiage into stupid damage.

I'm not so sure he outfooties here either.

Pretty confident it's 6-4 for Makoto. Maybe not a bad 6-4 but a 6-4 none the less. Probably gonna be a bit better for him when the patch comes out though.

Cody's low strong and gut punch beat out a lot of her normals and he can whiff punish all her stuff with low short. They're both pretty free on wakeup but it's much easier for Cody to get in on Makoto/keep her out than the other way around, since when you're pressuring you actually have to bait a ex zonk (which = knockdown), while the only thing I have to look out for is focus xx backdash. Also, Cody as one of the few characters that can punish all blocked Hayate's, which also helps.

USD

I'm liking all of these shows popping up. Though funny, all of them are on Tuesday (Amalgame, Frame Trap, CC Live).

LProtag

I found my local collectable store has a few of the Kidrobot figures in stock, but I don't want to spend 10 dollars and then be disappointed I got a character I didn't want, haha.

Anyway, finally getting some practice in with the power back and what not.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Did we just find out that she used to be a dude? Why is it big news now? And what is the interview supposed to be about?

notworksafe

Timedog said:
Did we just find out that she used to be a dude? Why is it big news now? And what is the interview supposed to be about?
No clue to any of that. Other than FGC having a hard on for people with opposite genitals, no idea why it's news.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hmm I read through the ae2k12 changes for yang, and I wonder if his playstyle is going change drastically.

notworksafe said:
No clue to any of that. Other than FGC having a hard on for people with opposite genitals, no idea why it's news.

She's getting interviewed for the same reason Gama no abura, Jebailey, Jayce the Ace, etc were interviewed. She has a role in the community and it makes for an interesting segment.

Does her being an attractive transsexual overshadow her photography? Yes, but I can't say that's her intention. It's like you said, she's just a photographer and she only does that.

Timedog said:

We as in, this forum? iirc the majority of us found out last year. Akumahokoru had to sit everyone down and break the news.

Top Bottom