• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
notworksafe said:
She takes pictures and used to be a dude. There's really nothing more to it than that. Otherwise, she's pretty periphery and unimportant.

As for why all the stuff lately...FG community is weird and obsessed with stuff like that.

She used to be hated because she "conned" the SRK community into donating money so she could fly to Japan, but most everybody have come around. As for why all the stuff lately, she's been trolling USD and also says she has a GAF account, so everybody here got in a tizzy.

SmokeMaxX

Aruarian Reflection said:
She used to be hated because she "conned" the SRK community into donating money so she could fly to Japan, but most everybody have come around. As for why all the stuff lately, she's been trolling USD and also says she has a GAF account, so everybody here got in a tizzy.
I remember that thread. Memory is a little fuzzy, but I didn't get the impression that she conned anyone. Just people are dumb enough to give money without knowing why they're giving money away and then complaining about it.

Aruarian Reflection said:

Are you going to Seasons Beatings this year?

USD

the_log_ride said:
When's the next major tourney? Westcoast?
Devastation one month from now, then Season's Beatings the week after. In the US at least, of course there's Tougeki in 11 days.

Yeah I also remember that thread, it was about going to SBO. It didn't seem like a con to me, she just asked and some donated and some didn't. And others had a little fight about they wanted or didn't want to donate to her.

Is the real problem the fact that people didn't really know back then when they decided to donate?

USD said:
Devastation one month from now, then Season's Beatings the week after. In the US at least, of course there's Tougeki in 11 days.

Also Northeast Championships in December. I think that will be the last US major for the year. Then I guess the EVO Tournament Season 2012 will begin with the first major of next year, whichever that may be.

Not in the US, but still, I completely forgot about Canada Cup. Lap-Chi is trying to make this one huge. He's trying to put together a world 5v5 tournament for SSF4AE featuring the US, Canada, Japan, Korea, and Europe. Winner gets 5k(basically 1k per person)

Putting together a US and Canadian team should be a piece of cake since we here already. But I wonder how he can pull in more Koreans, Japanese, and Euro's. So far Laugh, Infiltration, and Poongko are confirmed for Korea. Mago and Tokido are confirmed for Japan and only Ryan Hart is confirmed for Europe. So they have plenty of spots to fill and people who may be ethnic Koreans but don't live there can't participate in the Korean team for example, you have to still reside from that region to rep it.

SmokeMaxX said:
A.R.K. IV on September 17th-18th is technically considered a major. Shoutouts to self promotion :)
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...marn-jwong-more-jacksonville-ar.137427/page-3

USD said:

Boo! I'm looking for tourneys in Cali. Haven't been to one in person since West Coast Warzone. I'm itchin' to just go out to one to take in the scene. Anything not in the SoCal area will prove to be too far for me. :( Oh well, as long as I can stream monster, I guess.

the_log_ride said:
Boo! I'm looking for tourneys in Cali. Haven't been to one in person since West Coast Warzone. I'm itchin' to just go out to one to take in the scene. Anything not in the SoCal area will prove to be too far for me. :( Oh well, as long as I can stream monster, I guess.

where in socal are you located?
if you're ever in OC you can come to our sessions at uc irvine every week. I'm not sure when we're starting our next ranbat season; i think once the fall quarter starts. you don't have to be a uci student to come out though, and there's good comp everytime (regardless of a ranbat night or casual session).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
WVlJP.jpg

Love is in the air. ♥

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Canada Cup is gonna be awesome this year, $2000 pot bonuses for AE and MvC singles and the $5000 international 5 on 5, wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being the best major this fall judging by some of the guests already confirmed.

jlai

kevo_huevo said:
if you're ever in OC you can come to our sessions at uc irvine every week. I'm not sure when we're starting our next ranbat season; i think once the fall quarter starts. you don't have to be a uci student to come out though, and there's good comp everytime (regardless of a ranbat night or casual session).

Where was this when I was going there >:|

kevo_huevo said:

Oh snap. Do you go every week? I'm in Newport Beach area for work through the week.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
tigerin said:
just started playing this game and trying to main ryu..........i sucked. any tips? good combos?

I have every tip that you've ever needed for Ryu. I'm pretty much the best there is. "Good Combos" are situational, but practice this:

cr. lk, cr. lp, cr. mp xx fireball

note: cr. = crouching, lp and lk = light punch and light kick, xx = cancel

This is a good beginner combo because it doesn't have insanely hard timing, and if you mess of the timing it ends in fireball, which is usually not punishable. Combos that end in hurricane kick, dragon punch, or sweep are very punishable if you mess up the timing on one of the hits in the combo.

I will answer every single one of your questions. Again, I am the best Ryu who knows every answer.

USD

Timedog said:
so what's with this kara interview that's "vaporware" or whatever?
It's just this Cross Counter: Asia interview that she keeps talking about, that a few people have seen, but hasn't been officially released yet.

comrade

kevo_huevo said:
Shit, I'd be down for that. I work in Irvine.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Good show Haunts, the only thing I would suggest is upping the camera/feed quality, but I realize you might be limited by your internets.

Top Bottom