• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

AZ Greg

Timedog said:
God damn that matchup is so much harder now that escape tatsu is gone. How the fuck do I get out of the corner, once I'm inevitably put there?

This wouldn't be something you'd have to worry about if 99% of your offense wasn't jump back RH in the corner.

;)

Satyamdas

Banned
AZ Greg said:
This wouldn't be something you'd have to worry about if 99% of your offense wasn't jump back RH in the corner.

;)
TCJhg.gif

anybody here play Sagat and tell me what people mean when they say that his up close game is good because of Tiger Knee pressure? I don't understand the Street Fighter lingo well and the shoryuken Sagat board is a complete mess :\

USD

If you didn't know yet, Wednesday Night Fights is coming back again tonight, now from Super Arcade. Should be good, other than the Tekken streams I haven't seen much of Super Arcade yet. There's also supposed to be a Skullgirls preview.

And plus since it's Wednesday, there's always Guard Crush and Starbase as well.

Satyamdas

Banned
finalboss2 said:
anybody here play Sagat and tell me what people mean when they say that his up close game is good because of Tiger Knee pressure? I don't understand the Street Fighter lingo well and the shoryuken Sagat board is a complete mess :\
Sagat isn't designed to be played directly in the face of other characters, he is meant for zoning primarily with his fast Tiger Shots and punishing you for trying to get around them with his long limbs and Tiger Uppercuts. But he still can be very effective at close range because his Tiger Knee must be respected. TK breaks armor, which means that doing a focus attack close to Sagat is dangerous, it hits higher than most people realize which also catches jumps, and if it is blocked then Sagat is right back in your face to put more pressure on you. The reason Tiger Knee is so effective is that if you do it at the proper range it is safe on block, meaning that the other player can't hit Sagat after the move ends. If Sagat does TK from too close, then he can be punished after he lands (except for EX TK, which is always safe on block).

So Tiger Knee is an effective tool for Sagat to use to keep pressure on from close range. He's not the best up close by any means, but the threat of Tiger Knee means that you have to respect his close range game and his pressure is still very dangerous because of it.

finalboss2 said:

I don't play Sagat but when they say close game is good is because Sagat has block strings such as c.lk, c.lk, c.lp, I usually do st.lp to Tiger Knee after. He can use his Tiger Knee for pressure at the right distance after the block string which makes the Tiger Knee hits once near the end when he's landing which make it more safe and gives him frame advantage.
After you land from your Tiger Knee you can pressure more with c.lp to low tigershot.

Distance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3paBY2EImI 1:06 Sagat does Tiger Knee at the right distance to make it safe and also applies pressure. This video is a good example to what sagat can do close range without doing much block strings anyway.

EDIT: Beaten, and probably more informative from a gdlk player D:

USD

Finally see a Fei Long do a counter-hit cl.MP → UC1 set-up (naturally it was Mago). I'm surprised more Fei players don't do it, it is a legitimate way to land Ultra, though I'm too ass to do it myself.

rivals

USD said:
Finally see a Fei Long do a counter-hit cl.MP → UC1 set-up (naturally it was Mago). I'm surprised more Fei players don't do it, it is a legitimate way to land Ultra, though I'm too ass to do it myself.

Yeah I've never tried it. How do players (for any char) normal go about counterhit only combos like that? Can you really react quickly enough to the counterhit or do you kinda have to fish for it?

USD

rivals said:
Yeah I've never tried it. How do players (for any char) normal go about counterhit only combos like that? Can you really react quickly enough to the counterhit or do you kinda have to fish for it?
With Fei Long's cl.MP, it's pretty easy to react to, as the move does a lot of hit stun. The instant you see text pop up on Fei's side of the screen, you know it's counter hit.

As for other set-ups, it depends. Some of them you can definitely confirm, but others are way too fast for that, so you just kind of throw them out (assuming they're relatively safe).

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
AZ Greg said:

;)
AKA you have no valuable input (getting stuck in the corner against gief isn't a problem? Uhhh, okay). When's the last time we played? Oh yeah, that's right. You were mentioning me in the last thread too when I was absent for months on end, but hey, say my name. Say my name, say my name. When no one is around you say 'baby I love you'. Why you playing games?

Satyamdas said:
When's the last time I jump I tried mounting an offense against you by back jump roundhousing in the corner? Or are you still upset cause I called out your blatant homophobia in OT?

Satyamdas

Banned
Timedog said:
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
Hahahhaa, wtf? Wound up a little tight, are we Timedoggy? Can't take a little friendly SF ribbing? Pissed about being eternally free? Seriously, what's the matter son?

I'm a lot of things but a homophobe is not one of them. If you're gay bro more power to ya.

Threi

notag
Timedog said:
AKA you have no valuable input (getting stuck in the corner against gief isn't a problem? Uhhh, okay). When's the last time we played? Oh yeah, that's right. You were mentioning me in the last thread too when I was absent for months on end, but hey, say my name. Say my name, say my name. When no one is around you say 'baby I love you'. Why you playing games?

When's the last time I jump I tried mounting an offense against you by back jump roundhousing in the corner? Or are you still upset cause I called out your blatant homophobia in OT?

SHIT

TIGHT

NO

SLACK

El Sloth

Banned
Timedog said:

Khyf2.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Satyamdas said:
Hahahhaa, wtf? Wound up a little tight, are we Timedoggy? Can't take a little friendly SF ribbing? Pissed about being eternally free? Seriously, what's the matter son?

I'm a lot of things but a homophobe is not one of them. If you're gay bro more power to ya.

Wound up a little tight about your blatantly homophobic remarks? Sure thing. If you're not actually homophobic, maybe you should rethink your use of certain words than. Especially when talking about certain sensitive subjects. Your laughing it paints a different picture though.

If the bolded is some attempt at a veiled insult, be. a. man. and say what you mean. If not, the comment is irrelevant and has no place in this discussion.

notworksafe

If it has no place, don't bring it up TD. Not difficult. You started with the homophobe comments first.

So much for being a ballin' troll. One shot fired your way and you shatter like glass.

Timedog said:
Wound up a little tight about your blatantly homophobic remarks? Sure thing. If you're not actually homophobic, maybe you should rethink your use of certain words than. Especially when talking about certain sensitive subjects. Your laughing it paints a different picture though.

If the bolded is some attempt at a veiled insult, be. a. man. and say what you mean. If not, the comment is irrelevant and has no place in this discussion.

This has no part in this thread anyways. Off Topic

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The reason I brought it up is because his posts involving me since I brought it up in OT (in a thread involving a gay guy getting beaten where up to about page 25 he had the most posts out of anyone in the thread) have been him delighting in someone else attempting to ridicule me. So I'mma be. a. man. and nip that shit in the bud.

Satyamdas

Banned
Timedog said:

What a joke. The almighty Trolldog exposed as a whiny bitch when he gets a few thrown his way. And to think I actually admired your troll work in the past. I'll be sure to put you on my list of oversensitive crybabies so as to not ruffle your feathers in the future.

Remember when Kadey mentioned your depression thread after you trolled her stream? And you got all pissy and butthurt about it? Isn't it funny that now you are bringing up totally unrelated shit to slander me because you got trolled about your SF skills? You are fucking see through. Bitch made.

I meant exactly what I said. I'm not homophobic. So if you, or anyone else is gay, then more power to you.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Satyamdas said:
What a joke. The almighty Trolldog exposed as a whiny bitch when he gets a few thrown his way. And to think I actually admired your troll work in the past. I'll be sure to put you on my list of oversensitive crybabies so as to not ruffle your feathers in the future.

Remember when Kadey mentioned your depression thread after you trolled her stream? And you got all pissy and butthurt about it? Isn't it funny that now you are bringing up totally unrelated shit to slander me because you got trolled about your SF skills? You are fucking see through. Bitch made.

I meant exactly what I said. I'm not homophobic. So if you, or anyone else is gay, then more power to you.

U mad now?

Unless you're claiming I put words in your mouth (or keyboard, as it were), I just called it like it was.

Later gator.

AZ Greg

Satyamdas said:

nadal-facepalm_o_gifsogjmt.gif

Satyamdas

Banned
Timedog said:
U mad now?

Unless you're claiming I put words in your mouth (or keyboard, as it were), I just called it like it was.

Later gator.
You didn't call anything like it was. If I made blatantly homophobic remarks in the OT I'd be banned right now. You are just being salty about a joke about your SF skills. Who knew the biggest troll would have the thinnest skin?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Satyamdas said:
You didn't call anything like it was. If I made blatantly homophobic remarks in the OT I'd be banned right now. You are just being salty about a joke about your SF skills. Who knew the biggest troll would have the thinnest skin?

Okay, I was about to leave it alone, but noooowwwww I'm back in the shit. I never said you made homophobic remarks in the OT of GAF. In fact, when I called you out in OT I specifically mentioned that these remarks happened outside of GAF. It has happened in various GAF fighting game related chatrooms. There have been many other witnesses to you saying homophobic remarks, probably witnesses that are reading this comment right now or will read it shortly.

Are you now denying that you've made homophobic comments in GAF fighting game related chat rooms using gay slurs?

Satyamdas

Banned
Timedog said:
Okay, I was about to leave it alone, but noooowwwww I'm back in the shit. I never said you made homophobic remarks in the OT of GAF. In fact, when I called you out in OT I specifically mentioned that these remarks happened outside of GAF. It has happened in various GAF fighting game related chatrooms. There have been many other witnesses to you saying homophobic remarks, probably witnesses that are reading this comment right now or will read it shortly.

Are you now denying that you've made homophobic comments in GAF fighting game related chat rooms using gay slurs?
mj-laughingqdvl.gif

*For the record, yes I have used gay slurs in chat rooms. I've also used hetero slurs, racial slurs, religious slurs, and pretty much any slurs you can think of. And guess what? I'm still not homophobic. But you are still pathetic. Bringing up chat room shit? Laaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Stay free, bro.

AZ Greg

Timedog said:

1276252829224b2as.gif

jlai

Favorite Timedog related story:

When I was a young NeoGAF buck, from the way Timedog spoke in his posts, a naive me believed that he was actually a decent player. I asked if he wanted to play some matches and came to find out he was just XBL dp mashing Ryu #23579325. Now that, my friends, is the ultimate troll :(

El Sloth

Banned
Timedog said:

midget2.gif

Imm0rt4l

jlai said:

When I was a young NeoGAF buck, from the way Timedog spoke in his posts, a naive me believed that he was actually a decent player. I asked if he wanted to play some matches and came to find out he was just XBL dp mashing Ryu #23579325. Now that, my friends, is the ultimate troll :(
I thought timedog was the best ryu in the US not named Alex Valle or John Choi.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Satyamdas said:
mj-laughingqdvl.gif

*For the record, yes I have used gay slurs in chat rooms. I've also used hetero slurs, racial slurs, religious slurs, and pretty much any slurs you can think of. And guess what? I'm still not homophobic. But you are still pathetic. Bringing up chat room shit? Laaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Stay free, bro.

I've only ever noticed gay slurs, curiously. Not that I'm saying you're lying, I don't know. I am however saying that the *bolded* doesn't make the comments that I've seen suddenly okay. It does absolutely nothing for your argument.

Bringing up stuff you've said in a public forum on another public forum presents no sort of conflict of interest for me. There is no breach of the personal, as is being implied. It's alllllll public. If you could get banned here for saying those kind of things outside of GAF, I might hesitate to bring it up. If someone can explain to me why it's wrong to reference chatroom messages on GAF (which actually happens all the time in this thread), then I will apologize from referencing chatroom messages.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
jlai said:

The fact that I don't even remember playing you probably means that for me it was tuesday.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
jlai said:

Damn.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Timedog said:
If someone can explain to me why it's wrong to reference chatroom messages on GAF
It's not relevant. Keep your blow-ups related to SF. Don't resort to gossipy shit to counter-troll.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Timedog, I don't know why you're turning playful ribbing into serious business when you talk shit in half the posts you make. I am confuse.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rentahamster said:
It's not relevant. Keep your blow-ups related to SF. Don't resort to gossipy shit to counter-troll.

If everything in these threads was relevant we'd still be in OT2 or OT3.

Top Bottom