• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 GAF Ranking Battle - Platform Independent

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Guys remember to mark your wins :p

Killa Sasa won two and lost 1 so that's 3+
Threi won one and lost one. +1
Spirit of Jazz also has +1

Still, post specific rounds and stuff here people =)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
DBJ (Bison) vs Lost Frament (Cammy) : 2-0
DBJ (Bison) vs AZ Greg (Vega) : 2-1
DBJ (Bison) vs Spirit of Jazz (Abel): 2-1

Wins were:

Spirit of Jazz (Abel) vs Cerrius (Ryu) : 2-1
Spirit of Jazz (Abel) vs Sonic Spear (Ken): 2-1
Spirit of Jazz (Abel) vs Jdub (Ibuki): 2-0
Spirit of Jazz (Abel) vs Jdub (Ibuki) 2-0
Spirit of Jazz (Abel) vs Sonic Spear (Ken) 2-0

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
We are making a slight change to a mini-ladder style. Current setup is too wild. We need 3 more entrants!

Ummm

Match | Tally
Killa Sasa (Cammy) beats Licorice King (Cody) 2-0 | 2
Killa Sasa (Cammy) beats t hrei (Dee Jay) 2-0 | 4
Relix (Chun) beats Killa Sasa (Cammy) 2-1 | 3

DBJ (Bison) vs Lost Frament (Cammy) : 2-1
DBJ (Bison) vs Spirit of Jazz (Abel): 2-1

DBJ (Bison) vs Satyamdas (Dhalsim) : 2-0
DBJ (Bison) vs Saqs(Rose): 0-2 :(

YOUR POOLS BRACKETS AND SCORES

How we got here:

2 tournaments for 8 players

top 4 for both tournaments were Pool 1
Bottom 4 for both were pool Sadface

that gave us this.

Pool 1
2ez1glf.jpg

Pool 2
14xnx41.jpg

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
After the absolute clusterfuck we faced Akuma came, saved the day, and we are on track for the ranbats!! WOHOOO!! He will be posting detailed info soon. We decided to pool it up this time and decide for future rankings. It all worked well in the end. Thanks everyone who showed up, next time should be smoother sailing. I hope.

XBL here. PSN guys... status? XD

Relix... I haven't heard any word on PSN side... :\ I'm a little worried... I don't get what's going with what Akuma posted, though. Are you guys changing up the format at all?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
the_log_ride said:
Relix... I haven't heard any word on PSN side... :\ I'm a little worried... I don't get what's going with what Akuma posted, though. Are you guys changing up the format at all?

Yeah we did. He'll explain better :lol

We played ranking tournaments for each pool to determine initial seeding
The scoring works like this
1st round 1 point for winning the match 0.5 per round
2nd round 3 points for the match 0.5 per round
Final 5 points for the match 0.5 per round
During Ranking weeks the highest 8 scores will be pool 1 the bottom 8 will be pool sadface.
The last day for ranking matches is OCTOBER 9TH after that date totals will be tallied. and you will have your winner.
YOU ARE LOCKED TO 2 CHARACTERS. A MAIN AND A SECONDARY
People have lives and shit so Its going to be 1 Ranking battle per pool per week (every week 2 tournaments one for pool 1 and one for pool 2. Sunday marks a new week
This is the breakdown of the Seeding Week (last week)

Pool 1

1 Saqs 2-0 2-0 2-0 5.0
2 Eva 2-1 2-1 0-2 3.0
3 DBJ 2-0 1-2 1.5
3 Azel 2-1 0-2 1.5
5 Spirit of Jazz 1-2 0.5
5 AZ Greg 1-2 0.5
7 SonicSpear 0-2 0.0
7 bMike 0-2 0.0

Pool 2

1 Fragment 2-1 2-1 2-0 4.0
2 Saty 2-1 2-0 0-0 2.5
3 Vexco 2-0 1-2 1.5
4 Lyte 2-0 0-2 1.0
5 Relix 1-2 0.5
5 Threi 1-2 0.5
6 Akuma 0-2 0.0 :(
6 Takerz 0-2 0.0

MAKE SURE YOU COMMUNICATE TO SEE WHEN EVERYONE IS AVAILABLE. MAKE SURE TO USE THE IRC CHANNELS. KEEP RECORD OF THE ROUNDS ON YOUR MATCHES AS WELL. ALL OF THEM ARE IMPORTANT EVEN IF YOU LOSE THE MATCH

PSN PLAYERS PLEASE COME TO THE IRC CHANNEL I DONT HAVE PSN AND I NEVER CLOSE IRC SO I WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE CHANNEL SOMEONE GIVE ME A FULL RUNDOWN AND I WILL HANDLE YOUR RANBATS AS WELL.

Threi

notag
wait i lost to saty but won a round

shouldn't i have 0.5 points? or does that rule only apply if you win?

wish i was able to do this, but the format seems really long...so i can't commit. But I already know my placing would be anyway in the end--bottom tier.

Axis

BotoxAgent said:
wish i was able to do this, but the format seems really long...so i can't commit. But I already know my placing would be anyway in the end--bottom tier.

eh, just one tournament a week...not a huge commitment :)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Don't know. Akuma is actually working now with how the ranbat works so you would have to ask him. Maybe get a separate pool?

Axis

Relix said:
Don't know. Akuma is actually working now with how the ranbat works so you would have to ask him. Maybe get a separate pool?

yeah i think 24 players total would be pretty easy...seem to be enough dedicated xbl players to do it

Axis

BotoxAgent said:
yeah, I know...but it seems like a pretty long tournament and my weekend schedule is so haphazard :-(

ah i feel you. but it's just 8 players pools...so one 8 player tourney per week per pool whenever everyone can get together

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
AkumaHokoru said:
We played ranking tournaments for each pool to determine initial seeding
The scoring works like this
1st round 1 point for winning the match 0.5 per round
2nd round 3 points for the match 0.5 per round
Final 5 points for the match 0.5 per round
During Ranking weeks the highest 8 scores will be pool 1 the bottom 8 will be pool sadface.
The last day for ranking matches is OCTOBER 2ND after that date totals will be tallied. and you will have your winner.
People have lives and shit so Its going to be 1 Ranking battle per pool per week (every week 2 tournaments one for pool 1 and one for pool 2. Sunday marks a new week
This is the breakdown of the Seeding Week (last week)

Pool 1

1 Saqs 2-0 2-0 2-0 5.0
2 Eva 2-1 2-1 0-2 3.0
3 DBJ 2-0 1-2 1.5
3 Azel 2-1 0-2 1.5
5 Spirit of Jazz 1-2 0.5
5 AZ Greg 1-2 0.5
7 SonicSpear 0-2 0.0
7 bMike 0-2 0.0

Pool 2

1 Fragment 2-1 2-1 2-0 4.0
2 Saty 2-1 2-0 0-0 2.5
3 Vexco 2-0 1-2 1.5
4 Lyte 2-0 0-2 1.0
5 Relix 1-2 0.5
5 Threi 1-2 0.5
6 Akuma 0-2 0.0 :(
6 Takerz 0-2 0.0

MAKE SURE YOU COMMUNICATE TO SEE WHEN EVERYONE IS AVAILABLE. MAKE SURE TO USE THE IRC CHANNELS. KEEP RECORD OF THE ROUNDS ON YOUR MATCHES AS WELL. ALL OF THEM ARE IMPORTANT EVEN IF YOU LOSE THE MATCH

PSN PLAYERS PLEASE COME TO THE IRC CHANNEL I DONT HAVE PSN AND I NEVER CLOSE IRC SO I WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE CHANNEL SOMEONE GIVE ME A FULL RUNDOWN AND I WILL HANDLE YOUR RANBATS AS WELL.

I'm a little confused at my score here. I only played one match with you guys, against you, AkumaHokaru. The next person I was supposed to fight (the 20,000+ BP Dhalsim player, sorry forgot his XBL name!) didn't happen-- the connection dropped; I got returned to the tourney screen and it tried to match us up again, then dropped again, and then I got stuck in an endless loop of the game saying that a player has quit. I couldn't do anything and quit out, and then no one sent me another invite afterwards. Does this even have any effect on this ranbat ranking stuff though?

User 406

Banned
I've got a couple crock pots of carnitas slow cooking so I'm going to be available all day. Can we get a PSN group together? I assume we just do one 8 man tournament now instead of the ten matches per week?

I'm also still waiting to hear if the three character limit is per week or for the whole thing, it'll determine whether I roll dice or force myself to pick.

Axis

Lyte Edge said:
I'm a little confused at my score here. I only played one match with you guys, against you, AkumaHokaru. The next person I was supposed to fight (the 20,000+ BP Dhalsim player, sorry forgot his XBL name!) didn't happen-- the connection dropped; I got returned to the tourney screen and it tried to match us up again, then dropped again, and then I got stuck in an endless loop of the game saying that a player has quit. I couldn't do anything and quit out, and then no one sent me another invite afterwards. Does this even have any effect on this ranbat ranking stuff though?

it was just for seeding going into next week...the actual rankings were not affected :D

Lyte Edge said:
The way I'm going to do it is if a player gets disconnected they get 0-2 which doesnt affect their score. the opponent who stays connected will suffer no score penalty and get the win.

Since its a even 8 players who want in gimme your gamertags and come see me today we'll make another pool for you but you will be on the bottom.

I'm also still waiting to hear if the three character limit is per week or for the whole thing, it'll determine whether I roll dice or force myself to pick
Char Locked the whole way. I actually kinda want to force 1 char the whole way but i dont think everyone will like it.

Gyrian

No PSN scores?
Come on, gang. Don't let a little lack of clarity paralyze you.
Do what you already do every single night, only keeping track of your score.

Since we can't expect a host / organizer to be available at all times, this is an event that must be able to run spontaneously out from the group that might be online at a given time.

Keep experimenting; after this weekend, we'll have tons of experience on what's effective for setting this up.

Gyrian said:
No PSN scores?
Come on, gang. Don't let a little lack of clarity paralyze you.
Do what you already do every single night, only keeping track of your score.

Since we can't expect a host / organizer to be available at all times, this is an event that must be able to run spontaneously out from the group that might be online at a given time.

Keep experimenting; after this weekend, we'll have tons of experience on what's effective for setting this up.
...Hellooooooooooo

Am I made of glass? do you have me on ignore? I want to give the psn ranbats the same cleanup. PSN always complains about not being involved in shit so I want to do right by them too. AND IM AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES IN THE IRC CHANNEL

Gyrian

AkumaHokoru said:
...Hellooooooooooo

Am I made of glass? do you have me on ignore? I want to give the psn ranbats the same cleanup. PSN always complains about not being involved in shit so I want to do right by them too. AND IM AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES IN THE IRC CHANNEL
Akuma, completely the opposite!
You guys figured out some proper organization for this.

I only posted the above because only following this thread, my impression is that the XBL gang is set and begun, while the PSN crowd is just confused.

EDIT: my last remark in that previous post was about how the setup we thought we'd begin with is different from what was actually done last night, and it sounds like it was much better for it.

Gyrian said:
Akuma, completely the opposite!
You guys figured out some proper organization for this.

I only posted the above because only following this thread, my impression is that the XBL gang is set and begun, while the PSN crowd is just confused.

EDIT: my last remark in that previous post was about how the setup we thought we'd begin with is different from what was actually done last night, and it sounds like it was much better for it.
oh. well. yeah im ready to go and help the psn crowd but i need information.

You now have a Deadline PSN Side. Wednesday

You have until wednesday to get all the players together, run a tournament mode battle to decide pools and another to decide seeding in those pools. If I do not have scores by wednesday your side is dropped. no exceptions.

eissan

AkumaHokoru said:
Char limit set. 2 chars. 1 main 1 secondary.
so are these set in stone? if I wanted to still join in is it possiable? I know you said these were done for rankings but how would someone like my self get in and be ranked?

Axis

eissan said:
so are these set in stone? if I wanted to still join in is it possiable? I know you said these were done for rankings but how would someone like my self get in and be ranked?

he said there were 8 more interested so he'd start another pool up, i believe

Axis said:
he said there were 8 more interested so he'd start another pool up, i believe
yeah xbox has another 8 ready so ill make them a pool. they have to have a seeding tournament though. I just need those 8 to give me their names.

eissan

AkumaHokoru said:
yeah xbox has another 8 ready so ill make them a pool. they have to have a seeding tournament though. I just need those 8 to give me their names.

one is me
xbl: eissan :)

thanks

Pool 3 (so far)

Biggnife
eissan
BlackVegetaX
XenoRaven
Cerrius
RawkusX
BotoxAgent
outlaw sleven(zlatko)

PSN Pool 1
Mashingkeys
Reigun16
hikarutimitt
Sea Manky
Solune
floydnova
Rocwell9

(yo botox the way it works is the players in the pool work together to find a date that is good for all of them. I can easily break it down so that individual matches can be played with 2 day deadlines (Sun Mon = round 1 Tues Wed = round two and Thurs-Fri = Round 3 with saturday being the deadline day for people who couldnt do their rounds.))

-Mikey-

Is there a list of all the PSN players that are interested? Also, does it have to be tournament mode the entire 8 weeks or does that just determine seeding?

-Mikey- said:
Is there a list of all the PSN players that are interested? Also, does it have to be tournament mode the entire 8 weeks or does that just determine seeding?
I want it to be tournament mode as that handles the matchup problem. if i break it down to matches then I am going to make it so that it's college tournament style (round 1 would be 1vs 8 2vs 7 3 vs 6 4 vs 5)

Solune

AkumaHokoru said:
Pool 3 (so far)

Biggnife
eissan
BotoxAgent
BlackVegetaX
XenoRaven
Cerrius

PSN Pool 1
Mashingkeys
Reigun16
hikarutimitt
Sea Manky

(yo botox the way it works is the players in the pool work together to find a date that is good for all of them. I can easily break it down so that individual matches can be played with 2 day deadlines (Sun Mon = round 1 Tues Wed = round two and Thurs-Fri = Round 3 with saturday being the deadline day for people who couldnt do their rounds.))

Yo Akuma, thanks for making things more clear and such, I hadn't been checking this thread and only saw your post in the SSF4 thread.

Can you add me to the pool?
PSN: Solune

Also what's the IRC channel?

The PSN Side will be forced to run in round robin format. every week you will rotate opponents. for the seeding battle everyone will play everyone ONCE.

(so everyone should have 7 matches. one against every other person in the ranbat. If for some reason your connection to each other is 0 bars skip it. both players will get 0 points for that match every match is worth 1 point (0.5 per round) so even if you lose you can get points.

This is how it will break down

Seeding Week everyone plays everyone
Ranking Week A 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5 (standings update)
Ranking Week B 1v3 2v4 5v7 6v8 (standings update)
You will alternate like this for the 8 weeks

Top Bottom