• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 GAF Ranking Battle - Platform Independent

AkumaHokoru said:
(yo botox the way it works is the players in the pool work together to find a date that is good for all of them. I can easily break it down so that individual matches can be played with 2 day deadlines (Sun Mon = round 1 Tues Wed = round two and Thurs-Fri = Round 3 with saturday being the deadline day for people who couldnt do their rounds.))

sorry i haven't been around today to read. The thing is...things look pretty hectic this week for me...so I am not sure when I will be free. I haven't played Super the past two days. The rest of the week, I am not sure when I will be free enough to do a tourney. The upcoming weekend I have 2 weddings to go to, ugh. I am just afraid on settling on a time and then flaking out last minute because of something.

And anyone who sees online, it's not me (my friend is sleeping over my place). He did tell me someone on my friend's list invited him and destroyed his noob Ryu skills, lol.

BotoxAgent said:
sorry i haven't been around today to read. The thing is...things look pretty hectic this week for me...so I am not sure when I will be free. I haven't played Super the past two days. The rest of the week, I am not sure when I will be free enough to do a tourney. The upcoming weekend I have 2 weddings to go to, ugh. I am just afraid on settling on a time and then flaking out last minute because of something.

And anyone who sees online, it's not me (my friend is sleeping over my place). He did tell me someone on my friend's list invited him and destroyed his noob Ryu skills, lol.
one week wont ruin you though :) and gimme your gamertag

jdub03

What's going to happen with those left who still want to join. Can we get an updated description of how everything works. I thought everyone would be able to participate.

AkumaHokoru said:
one week wont ruin you though :) and gimme your gamertag

my gt is Jenova777

I'll keep checking around and see what's going on, so I guess count me in :) I guess I should pay attention to thread more so I have a better clue of the actual rules and details.

PSN players. Pool 1 has 2 slots left. if you can get another 8 then you get a pool 2.

Xbox players Pool 4 so far has 2 players get another 6 and ill make it happen.

make sure you go into the irc channel. I'm not always on gaf...I AM always there.

AkumaHokoru said:
PSN players. Pool 1 has 2 slots left. if you can get another 8 then you get a pool 2.

Xbox players Pool 4 so far has 2 players get another 6 and ill make it happen.

make sure you go into the irc channel. I'm not always on gaf...I AM always there.

i posted earlier, but didnt post my PSN ID :lol

i just assumed i had everyone on my friends list already...

PSN: Eraldo_Coil

vissione said:
Much love to Akuma but PSN players need to STOP POSTING THEIR FUCKING PSN ID'S AND GET THEIR ASS ON SSF4 GAFCHAT or GAF Ranbats Chat 1. That's 32 chat spots max... Gyrian or any other regular late night GAFCHAT member can make more if there's actually more than 32 players online for this shit.

We've been trying to start a tournament for the longest time today, we are always short of 8 players by 1 or 2... and there were 16 people who posted in this thread. Posting your PSN ID is not enough, PMing Akuma, who doesnt have a PSN account, is not enough. Getting on IRC is not enough. GET YOUR ASS ONLINE AND FUCKING COME AND PLAY. :lol We are blessed with our own cross-game text chat and nobody is fucking using it... we can send invites to everyone in the chat at once as long as you get your ass online.

PSN: BeHest... hopefully some fucking body will get online.

Mashingkeys stop playing Littlebigplanet and Peggle I've sent you 3 invites and you're ignoring every single one.

PSN ranbats on fucking blast cause people not getting online. Gyrian save us during the week when the regulars (12+) get online... weekends is a mess.
Actually pming me and being on irc is enough. Considering Im taking up the reigns on the whole ship.

Your Full Rosters (as of right now)
There will be 4 pools for both sides.
XBL
Pool 1

Saqs
Eva
DBJ
Azel
Spirit of Jazz
AZ Greg
SonicSpear
bMike

Pool 2

Fragment
Saty
Vexco
Lyte
Relix
Threi
Akuma
Takerz

Pool 3

Biggnife
eissan
BlackVegetaX
Gods Beard
Cerrius
RawkusX
Jenova777(BotoxAgent)
Jlai

Pool 4

HiResDes
D3vinchi
TimedogGAF
KamikazePIPBoy
jdub030
r3dS1X
Stabicron
Gutabo2

PSN
Pool 1

Mashingkeys
Reigun16
hikarutimitt
Sea Manky
Solune
floydnova
Rocwell9
Eraldo_Coil

Pool 2

Clown-Prince
the_log_ride
BeHest
gibration
kiryogi
Gyrian
jobber4wcw
arolisci

Pool 3

Edgeward
TostitoSalsa
Ploid
MoodyShuffle
Hitokage
SephirothRK

TheCrow

I'll join up even though I'm horrible. I should probably pick a character by today so, training mode here I come. Hopefully I'm not the only scrub in the ranbats.

GT: KamikazePIPBoy

Above added.
Due to the massive influx of new people This week is no longer week 1. It is now a seeding week. (thankfully no week 1 matches have taken place anyway so quit yer bitchin)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Already put myself down for PSN, I thought...

PSN: lyteedge

Akuma, maybe it would be better if you made a new thread and this one was locked. It seems that you have taken over getting things set up and some stuff is different than or not listed in the OP. It's got to be confusing for people looking to join.

Gyrian

So, this was the wrong weekend to be out of town, then.

Let me get with Akuma first, we're committed to what ran for the XBL side.
Everything I'm reading here tells me it worked out pretty well.

I'll update the OP with the actual rules, and help organize the PSN side accordingly.

I dont know how to make a pretty OP. :( If I did I would make one. rules are still being ironed out I think the xbox side's format is going to change to the endless style too (which is far more flexable and doesnt need everyone to be there to get done.)

Gyrian

Akuma and I will be working on an OP update for tonight.
What's played out over the XBL side stands, and we will catch up the PSN players to that.

PSN players, reach out to Akuma to get added to a pool if you have not already.
This is essential, no pool, no participation in the Ranbat

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Gyrian said:

I thought I was in the PSN pool since I played with those guys the last 2 days!
Oops.

Gyrian said:
Akuma and I will be working on an OP update for tonight.
What's played out over the XBL side stands, and we will catch up the PSN players to that.

I think we need a couple more people for PSN Pool 2. Jobber, if you aren't in one yet, get in the irc room and tell akuma to put you in the 2nd pool

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the_log_ride said:
I think we need a couple more people for PSN Pool 2. Jobber, if you aren't in one yet, get in the irc room and tell akuma to put you in the 2nd pool

Ok!

(but I was in the IRC # Friday/Saturday :p)

jlai

Blah, am I too late for this? I posted on the first page, but was in Vegas for the weekend so not really sure whats been happening. Was pretty excited for this!

GT: jlai

Arol

I'll post again since a lot of stuff seems to have changed over the weekend

PSN: Arolisci

I can't get on IRC atm sorry!

hitsugi

vissione said:
Mashingkeys stop playing Littlebigplanet and Peggle I've sent you 3 invites and you're ignoring every single one.

Yeah I don't recall seeing a single invite but last night I was indeed playing LBP and Peggle with my fiancee.

Having some kind of a heads up would always be nice :lol

XBOX YOUR POOLS ARE COMPLETE
POOL 1 AND 2 ARE SEEDED
POOL 3 AND 4 YOU ARE TO PLAY EACH OTHER EVERYONE PLAYS EVERYONE ELSE ONE TIME IN A 2 OUT OF 3 MATCH RECORD ALL WINS AND LOSSES PER ROUND (report it as 2-0 2-1 1-2 ect ect ect) who you played isnt important (your scores are all i need)

Psn pools 1 and 2 should be doing the same as the xbox pools. pools 3 and 4 are still forming. when those are complete they will do the same. record and report all scores to me or gyrian

zlatko

Banned
I need to be dropped from my XBL pool unfortunately. :( I'm about to be exceedingly busy the rest of this month up until pretty much November with more college. I won't know what my free time is much anymore so my slot is open to whomever.

zlatko said:
I need to be dropped from my XBL pool unfortunately. :( I'm about to be exceedingly busy the rest of this month up until pretty much November with more college. I won't know what my free time is much anymore so my slot is open to whomever.
no problem. jiai you are now in

HiResDes

sorry I couldn't give you more of a match Stabicron, but I made the scrub mistake of not setting my buttons right beforehand...My friend had been playing on stick all day and changed them.

Edit: Hold on were we supposed to play two out of three matches per person. We only played one match.

Gyrian

HiResDes said:
Edit: Hold on were we supposed to play two out of three matches per person. We only played one match.

No, not during seeding week. Single match vs. each player in your pool.

HiResDes said:
sorry I couldn't give you more of a match Stabicron, but I made the scrub mistake of not setting my buttons right beforehand...My friend had been playing on stick all day and changed them.

I see that bites, well good news is that just loosing to me won't hose you this week as you still need to play everyone else in our pool for one set.

Or if its allowed maybe you could rematch me? I dunno I'll leave it up to the peeps running this.

Edit: Seems it'll be allowed so I'll just rematch you, the next one will be the real fight.

HiResDes

stabicron7 said:
I see that bites, well good news is that just loosing to me won't hose you this week as you still need to play everyone else in our pool for one set.

Or if its allowed maybe you could rematch me? I dunno I'll leave it up to the peeps running this.

Edit: Seems it'll be allowed so I'll just rematch you, the next one will be the real fight.
No it's cool dude...I'm sure I'll beat down some others. :D

HiResDes said:
No it's cool dude...I'm sure I'll beat down some others. :D

Heh, ok then well I am sure we'll face each other again sometime anyways. As wacky as the mirror can be I oddly don't mind it.

Top Bottom