• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
XenoRaven said:
This is something I really just discovered tonight. I get the idea of taking a break and coming back. But I'm really not at a point where I've hit a wall or anything. I'm still very much a beginner at this game in my own eyes. That said, I don't feel like switching characters is going to teach me anything.

Plus, I'm so bad with every other character in this game that I don't want to have to go back to square one.
Except you aren't starting at square one. You'd be learning things fundamental to the game as a whole rather than abusing stuff exclusive to one character.

...and fundamentals are what make good Chun players.

jlai

GG's to AZ Greg, Mimic and Papertiger and thanks to rentahamster for streaming!

Papertiger you've got a meaannnnnn cammy

zon

Any EURO gaffers who plays on PSN, pm me or just invite me right away.

PSN: zon_9

I'm starting to think I'm the only euro gaffer who still plays SSFIV on PS3 because I never find anyone here that I can play with. Or people just hate me. :lol

Shouta said:
Well, finally got off my ass and picked up SSFIV. Pad play until I can find a decent stick.

360 or PS3?

AZ Greg

GGs everyone! Nice session we had going there.

I liked a lot of the new stuff you brought with your Makoto, LF. I didn't know what was going on at times during those first few matches. :lol

And don't sweat it Xeno. I thought you were much improved over the last time I fought you. And I'm assuming you don't get a ton of Vega practice so it can be hard dealing with some of his stuff. Plus a lot of people don't rushdown so it takes some time to learn to fight against.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yup, ggs ya'll.

AZ Greg said:
I liked a lot of the new stuff you brought with your Makoto, LF. I didn't know what was going on at times during those first few matches. :lol

Yeah I've been in the lab with her quite a bit lately, heh. I'm thinking that the key to playing her is gonna be to take advantage of resets and moves that push your opponent in the corner as much as possible. She's nasty in that corner.

kiryogi

Banned
Woo it's good to be back! GGS to Coil/SephRK/Tribal/Floyd :D

Coil, you say I focus too much. But it's one of Ibuki's best answers to Boxer. Given I need to use it a bit more properly. Supposedly her FA is fast enough to deal with dash punches and whatnot. I know it's the smash I need to work on fishing.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
MattyH said:
great matches with Corky Taker and wiseblade

good games guys that was just what I've always wanted to do with supah. Get a bunch of guys together and just have fun in a private lobby :)

And I'm very surprised how well the games between me and Takerx felt, I mean we're half a world apart but the lag was just as good/bad as playing someone from europe.

This gives me hope that maybe eastcoast - yurop games are possible. Or maybe Takerx is sitting on a 1gbs connectiono :I

Huzza for euro-gaf huzza

Corky

MattyH said:
yea i wasnt bringing my A game today due to the rust of not playing for a while but im getting there

readapting goes by like nothing, after a day you're back in your groove :).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

remz

I've returned to the glory of Gief after trying like... every other character in the game. Feels good man. Russian wrestling #1

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol I'll be joining the party anytime soon... you just wait!

MIMIC

Banned
AZ Greg said:
GGs everyone! Nice session we had going there.

And don't sweat it Xeno. I thought you were much improved over the last time I fought you. And I'm assuming you don't get a ton of Vega practice so it can be hard dealing with some of his stuff. Plus a lot of people don't rushdown so it takes some time to learn to fight against.

:(

Seriously, I need to play with GAFers more. It's like night and day when I play randoms. :lol I completely abandon some of my moves against the GAFer pros =p

And damn, I lost so many rounds that I should have won :lol GGs, everyone.

EDIT: And we were on a stream? I feel so naked now. heh

Corky

Gr1mLock said:
i was asking :(

awww, you and your grammatical ninja skills...

Ono seems like a very enthusiastic fellow, and I'm afraid he is hyping us up for "nothing".

Gyrian

Lost Fragment said:
Fukiage might be a little hard to land compared to a dp or something, but damned if it isn't the most satisfying aa in the game.

Especially when you can follow it up with another, then EX hayate.

Never quit posting videos, Fragment. Your Makoto is a joy to watch. <3
There's something magical about getting in Zangief's face with a tiny angry karate girl and landing karakusa while his SPD fingers are itching.

DarkoMaledictus said:
Good games psn gaf! Always some solid play from you guys!

Sonic Boom!

It was nice to see the room so full; great games, gang. :]

micrometaru.gif

great. the moment I decide to take a break from SSFIV, everyone seems to be running endless lobbies and having a party. You guys are rarely on when I play (cept AZ Greg).

Threi

notag
black_vegeta said:
Threi came with some nice stuff to the plate. You shouldn't get discouraged Threi, keep your head up! You got win off my Rawg. :)
Yeah I dunno why but I just felt like going all out on rushdown. I figured zoning isn't going to work out too well vs rog so i just said "fuck it" and rushed that shit down :lol

Although Greg kicks my ass constantly I think Vega/DeeJay is even, if not slightly in DeeJay's favor. Upkicks and slide seem to mess up walldive shenanigans :O

LakeEarth

God Breathless is too good. It's not only a great punisher, but it is a GREAT punisher. Doesn't matter how out of position you are, Breathless will get there in time.

Degen

BotoxAgent said:
so how exactly do you block Vega's ex crossup wall dive?
Vega... argh. I am so free against Vega. Almost everything he does connects unless my Tomahawk Buster interrupts.

LakeEarth

BotoxAgent said:
so how exactly do you block Vega's ex crossup wall dive?
Guess. Although if I'm Abel and have super, I like to autocorrect invulnerable super him out of the air.

EDIT - or wait, you're talking about his cross-up wall spike move thing? It's tough, but if you block it, make sure you know the best way to punish it (Abel U1/U2, Dan U1, Rufus U2, something fancy with Sakura, etc).

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ah, first day back in the office.

Kadey I missed you.

EDIT: This post will be edited and predict kadey's response to my post on Friday, Dec. 3rd. 2010.

Kadey, don't make excuses about being too busy to work or having other plans. There is a BIG event in your area.

Show up and support!

yeah, his cross-up wall spike :-( I guess I should really hit training mode and test it out. But even then, thing is hard to react to. Even when i turtle expecting it, I still get hit by it. Sometimes I duck under it, which i guess is probably the best option.

Whenever I get any offensive momentum and a health lead against AZ Greg, he goes into rush mode and start wall diving like crazy, probably cuz he knows I can't defend it very well.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
BotoxAgent said:
great. the moment I decide to take a break from SSFIV, everyone seems to be running endless lobbies and having a party. You guys are rarely on when I play (cept AZ Greg).

On psn right? We usually get on a 2 am or so lol ;). Crazy bunch we are ;)!

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
psngaf gonna make me double dip again? i was so lttp to psnsf4 there was barely anyone left in the chat, but i like that group-play system better than the xbl SSF4 gaf tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom