• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after weeks of investigating, I've come to a conclusion about how people fight Sakura.
When she's crouching two characters in front of you, the smartest thing to do is jump towards her...

People need to learn what the ground is.

Also:
ragemail1.png

And the funny thing is that he didn't land a single combo on me, because he got R. Kelly'd both rounds. :lol
I also think this is my first Sakura hatemail.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Given the time of day I'm guessing most of you guys awake and in the thread right now are northamerican residents?

So the lag would be totally bonerkilling :(

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
K, streaming fights now. If you guys think that my joining the room introduced any kind of lag, please let me know, thanks!

Damn, it sure is laggy again on my end. Hmmm...

Edit: shit, even with the adjustments, it's still laggy, guess I'll try lower the quality more...

Seems like I prolly shouldn't try it unless I always use two separate connections...

XenoRaven

Good games everyone. I was super free again. I got real salty because I just couldn't react, I was tired of getting rushed down, and then I couldn't tech throws anymore. I'm going to sleep now, so I needed some time to unwind a little anyway. Thanks for the games!

XenoRaven

So during my very limited play sessions I've been mainly trying to focus on zoning and my ground game. While it's no where near where I'd like it to be, it seems I will have to abandon that focus for the team being and switch to learning to deal with pressure if I want to play with like 90% of GAF. I'm so tired of people just getting in on me and doing whatever they want and I feel like I have no option except backdash which only gets you so far until you wind up in the corner. I don't know how I'm going to do it other than just grind it out and learn as I go, but right now what I've got going isn't working. I know it's one of Chun's weaknesses and even the best players struggle sometimes, but I've got to figure it out if I want continue playing this character. Maybe it's just because I'm tired, but if I'm honest with myself, I did not have one fun match tonight. The only time I had fun was playing in the lobby earlier today.

I still get frustrated that I could just pick Ryu and uppercut my way to safety, but I, for whatever reason, will not allow myself to do it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
XenoRaven said:
So during my very limited play sessions I've been mainly trying to focus on zoning and my ground game. While it's no where near where I'd like it to be, it seems I will have to abandon that focus for the team being and switch to learning to deal with pressure if I want to play with like 90% of GAF. I'm so tired of people just getting in on me and doing whatever they want and I feel like I have no option except backdash which only gets you so far until you wind up in the corner.
Those issues are not separate. Proper spacing when defending and attacking is how chun keeps people out.

It's something I need to work on myself.

chriskun

XenoRaven said:
So during my very limited play sessions I've been mainly trying to focus on zoning and my ground game. While it's no where near where I'd like it to be, it seems I will have to abandon that focus for the team being and switch to learning to deal with pressure if I want to play with like 90% of GAF. I'm so tired of people just getting in on me and doing whatever they want and I feel like I have no option except backdash which only gets you so far until you wind up in the corner. I don't know how I'm going to do it other than just grind it out and learn as I go, but right now what I've got going isn't working. I know it's one of Chun's weaknesses and even the best players struggle sometimes, but I've got to figure it out if I want continue playing this character. Maybe it's just because I'm tired, but if I'm honest with myself, I did not have one fun match tonight. The only time I had fun was playing in the lobby earlier today.

I still get frustrated that I could just pick Ryu and uppercut my way to safety, but I, for whatever reason, will not allow myself to do it.
you should take a break from chun and pick a different character, its good to refresh the mind, might get rid of some bad habits you've developed. Also, does anyone have any advice on the honda vs Fei Long matchup. Joined rbrogues room and got destroyed by this fei. Its such a bitch playing footsies with him, those rekkas can come at any time.

AZ Greg

Patience? What's that? ;)

With regards to the focus to win it, I thought he'd see that it was an ex wall dive and realize that the potential for the two hit claw slash was there and thus not focus. Was counting on him doing a jump back normal instead and wanted to catch it which is why I did a quick slash. But he risked it and focused. :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
chriskun said:
you should take a break from chun and pick a different character, its good to refresh the mind, might get rid of some bad habits you've developed.
I'd have to second this.

XenoRaven

Hitokage said:
Those issues are not separate. Proper spacing when defending and attacking is how chun keeps people out.

It's something I need to work on myself.
But no one's perfect. And there are characters that excel at closing that space that I don't know how to deal with. I'll use Greg's Vega as an example.

Going into my matches with Greg tonight, my goal was to zone him out, especially in regards to his df HK, and find a good AA that works against both walldives, instead of having to always guess between the slashy one and the grab one. What happened was, I ate a bunch of cr. MPs (I think that's what they were) and df HKs in to Scarlet Terrors. I have a feeling Chun's st. MP will stuff the df HK outright, but I haven't been able to test that theory. cr. MP can stop it if you catch it early and you're in range, but if you mistime it, Vega is in. Also, Vega's reach prevents me from getting in range for Chun's st. MP. Also, Vega's cr. MP can punish stuff (like Chun's cr. HK) on block. The only thing I can think of is that I'd need to put myself just out of range of Vega's claw, bait his pokes and Hazanshu to get in since he has more reach. For df HK's maybe it's as simple as crouching under them and jabbing before he recovers or can throw. Walking backwards and throwing fireballs is out because he can just walldive to get in. Either way, once he gets in, he's in and now I have to get him away, and I really just don't know how.

Same goes for Fuerte. I know that's part of his specialty, but I played MIMIC tonight, and we played a round where once he knocked me down, he guessed right on his splash/grab thingy every time. Part of it was because towards I was sick of getting hit with the grab and just decided to block low thinking he wouldn't go for splash every time and he did >_>. He can also run away if I try to poke and just jump back and get me again.

Even when we're not talking about characters and players who like to get in your face and rush you down, I still struggle with pressure and getting them off once they get in. Again, I know her strengths all like in keeping people out, but once they get in, it can't be that free. There's no way. Otherwise, no one would be talking about what a great character she is. I'm going to figure it out somehow, it's just going to be a long and frustrating process I think.

Hopefully my example scenarios didn't confuse everybody.

XenoRaven

chriskun said:
you should take a break from chun and pick a different character, its good to refresh the mind, might get rid of some bad habits you've developed. Also, does anyone have any advice on the honda vs Fei Long matchup. Joined rbrogues room and got destroyed by this fei. Its such a bitch playing footsies with him, those rekkas can come at any time.
This is something I really just discovered tonight. I get the idea of taking a break and coming back. But I'm really not at a point where I've hit a wall or anything. I'm still very much a beginner at this game in my own eyes. That said, I don't feel like switching characters is going to teach me anything.

Plus, I'm so bad with every other character in this game that I don't want to have to go back to square one.

When I say I'm frustrated, it's not something that I think about all day or keeps me up at night. Just something that results in me posting a somewhat salty, reflective post about my level of skill and where I'm at with my character, it blows off some steam, and then I'm good to go. I'm not ready to throw the game at the wall and quit or anything.

Nose Master

Trying to switch to stick, since I got a modded MvC TE for $25, but fuck is it frustrating. I cant fight that urge to jump to pad and do the combos I'm trying to do on stick.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Less than 24 hours and already 9 pages. :D

I'm finding some stuff are easier to do in vanilla and vice versa. Ryu's sweeping combos are easier while his close range stuff are not, at least two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom