• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

STG

I was just lurking around on youtube and watched some gouken videos
and of course some from desora

BUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-xYvpi3DI
"Achievement 1000!! I did it!
I'm going to Shanghai today.
I'm selling SSF4.It's goodbye until we meet again. See ya!!"

WTF

did he really quit? that vid is from June 07, 2010

:/

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I have a feeling that it's time for me to put the square gate back in my TE stick and force myself to learn how to play with it.

Darkman M

Yesterday the top bp Geif on live randomly joins my 1on1 endless battle and today a top 5 or so Rog randomly joins my endless battle. :lol

I'm starting to hate Team Battle. I don't get why people set Team Battle matches to 1 vs 1. It's fucking TEAM Battle. To add more salt to it, he was 5000+BP and beat my ass since I couldn't check out the competition before the match started. Then two assholes set Team Battle to 2 vs 1 against me. I could practically melt ice today...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
riceandbeans said:
I'm starting to hate Team Battle. I don't get why people set Team Battle matches to 1 vs 1. It's fucking TEAM Battle. To add more salt to it, he was 5000+BP and beat my ass since I couldn't check out the competition before the match started. Then two assholes set Team Battle to 2 vs 1 against me. I could practically melt ice today...
yea, im addicted to spinning trophy pictures too.

riceandbeans said:

I set up my team lobbies only to the trophy for 30 lobbies, once someone join, profit!

TurtleSnatcher said:
I'd say a little more play on PSN but its pretty free on each side.

I fixed that for you.

I decided to fuck with team battle inspired by your experience. 5 on 2. hurfdurf. i beat 2 of them(I double R.Kelly'ed the first guy) get lamed out by a gief. I hope they dont kick me. im gonna run the gauntlet on this whole team.

Update: they let us get someone else. who propmptly DCed because he was losing. back to 5 on 2.

Lost to troll honda. Kicked.

Jzero

7ad442c40c4401e7065fd7559bf7bbe1.jpg

VerTiGo

Banned
Rentahamster said:
I have a feeling that it's time for me to put the square gate back in my TE stick and force myself to learn how to play with it.

Why would you do that?

I have a square gate in the SE stick and looking to replace with an octagonal gate. I'm having a very hard time with 2xqcf ultras and supers with it and under the assumption that the alteration would be for the better. I could be wrong of course and if that's the case enlighten me. Then again, I just got the stick on Saturday and I'm adjusting at a pretty decent rate for my first fight stick ever. I already see some improvements in my game even tho I'm having difficulty with moves.

Wiseblade

So now that EVO's done what's the next big tournament to look out for? SVB is mid august, but there's something before that, right?

AZ Greg said:
GGs to threi and black_vegeta.

I was mindfucked for a couple of those rounds against your Dee-Jay, threi. Really need to stop hitting buttons when you're pressuring. :lol And I still eat too many Balrog overhead dash punches. :( On the bright side, I landed a df.HK ultra and a cr.jab x3 to cr.strong xx ex wall dive, which I'm getting better at. :D

And yeah, Vega is fine. Just don't expect to see him for a couple of reasons. Not many people wanted to play him in vanilla due to his tier placement so he's almost like a new character for anyone picking him up. And he struggles against some of the better characters in the game. Rufus, for example. :(
Yeah GG's mang.

Threi came with some nice stuff to the plate. You shouldn't get discouraged Threi, keep your head up! You got win off my Rawg. :)

@Greg

I enjoyed our matches. In the past it would be so frustrating fighting your Vega, but now I can somewhat adjust and get a few sets from you. I'm trying to get the spacing down so I can counter hit and have the possibility of putting in some combos. I still have to find an answer for the cursed wall dives. :(.

That combo you mentioned above is a nice touch. I don't remember you doing previous to our matches today.

Well, I look forward to fighting against you in the near future.

Ledsen

VerTiGo said:
Why would you do that?

I have a square gate in the SE stick and looking to replace with an octagonal gate. I'm having a very hard time with 2xqcf ultras and supers with it and under the assumption that the alteration would be for the better. I could be wrong of course and if that's the case enlighten me. Then again, I just got the stick on Saturday and I'm adjusting at a pretty decent rate for my first fight stick ever. I already see some improvements in my game even tho I'm having difficulty with moves.

It'll be extremely hard to play charge characters with an octagonal gate, square is standard for all fighting games in the arcades. Octagonal was made for use in soccer games.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Fukiage might be a little hard to land compared to a dp or something, but damned if it isn't the most satisfying aa in the game.

I got used to playing square gate. I can't imagine playing it on anything else now. It takes some time to get adjusted, but now I feel very precise on the square gate.

I still can't do crouching jabs/shorts into SRK motions well. I tend to hold down-back on the joystick and I think I'm too slow doing the SRK motion. If I use the shortcut method, it's easy, but I don't feel right using SRK shortcuts.

I was on Ustream and noticed they, GODSGARDEN, were discussing Evo among other things. They actually go over the Gamerbee vs Justin match. I don't speak Japanese, but if there is someone who does, would you mind posting about what they were saying? I think it's Mago, Gama, and Kokujin talking.

AZ Greg

black_vegeta said:
I still have to find an answer for the cursed wall dives. :(.

I'm probably going to regret this as it will make fighting dat rawg tougher, but he has a jumping attack, not sure if it's neutral jump only, that looks like a SRK. That move is mean against the wall dive. I think you've used it on me a few times. It's probably his best tool against the wall dives, I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about it if timed right. Maybe do Vega's horizontal wall dive poke thing in order to bait out the jump, but that's hella risky.

jlai said:
A little late with this, but its all about the dhalsim dive (drill) kick pressure and instant U2's!
Hell yeah, I'm taking Evo 2011 with Sim and dat drill!!

That shit is beast!

@ Greg

Yeah, I remember doing it in the past. Really never put too much thought into it. I'll hit up training and see how effective I can get it to work.

Thanks!

vocab

marathonfool said:
I got used to playing square gate. I can't imagine playing it on anything else now. It takes some time to get adjusted, but now I feel very precise on the square gate.

I still can't do crouching jabs/shorts into SRK motions well. I tend to hold down-back on the joystick and I think I'm too slow doing the SRK motion. If I use the shortcut method, it's easy, but I don't feel right using SRK shortcuts.

Pretty much every one uses the shortcuts for those combos because you are still crouching while doing the srk, something that can't be done in other games.

XenoRaven

black_vegeta said:
Hell yeah, I'm taking Evo 2011 with Sim and dat drill!!

That shit is beast!

@ Greg

Yeah, I remember doing it in the past. Really never to much thought into it. I'll hit up training and see how effective I can get it to work.

Thanks!
You won't be able to beat my T. Hawk st. roundhouse/Condor Dive pressure!

And then I have my backup Makoto st. strong!

Man today was the most random Street Fighter I have ever played.

XenoRaven said:
You won't be able to beat my T. Hawk st. roundhouse/Condor Dive pressure!

And then I have my backup Makoto st. strong!

Man today was the most random Street Fighter I have ever played.
Ha!

After you left...Axis, DBJ, Jlai and I went to town on that shit. Sim mirrors and it was all drill...and Ultra when needed. Punish everything with the drill. Opponent misses ultra, punish with drill.

Theodore Hawk and Gief would get drilled like the Gulf Coast.

I need to upload some of those matches.

Edit: oh yeah, Makoto and that st. Strong :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
VerTiGo said:
Why would you do that?

It's just that most people use a stick with a square gate. When I use my own stick, I do okay. When I have to use someone else's square gate stick, like when I play on PS3, I suck ass.

Missed moves and not doing what I want to do all day long :(

Axis

STG said:
I was just lurking around on youtube and watched some gouken videos
and of course some from desora

BUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-xYvpi3DI
"Achievement 1000!! I did it!
I'm going to Shanghai today.
I'm selling SSF4.It's goodbye until we meet again. See ya!!"

WTF

did he really quit? that vid is from June 07, 2010

:/

dude he had a replay on the japan channel last night...so no, he didn't quit haha

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
AZ Greg said:
Anyone down for a late night XBL lobby?
I'm trying to set up my new streaming equipment. If you set up a lobby, invite me later so I can test it out. I won't be able to play, though. I'm currently sharing the connection, unlike last time when I had two separate ones.

AZ Greg

Rentahamster said:
I'm trying to set up my new streaming equipment. If you set up a lobby, invite me later so I can test it out. I won't be able to play, though. I'm currently sharing the connection, unlike last time when I had two separate ones.

I don't think I have you on my list. Send me a FR. Tag is AZ Greg

jlai

Damn you AZ Greg. I always get destroyed my first match against you. Takes a few to remember all the shenanigans, and even then I still fall for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom