• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sabin said:
i could see me and min possibly coming to this, whats the turnout like? nc is cool peoples so i wouldnt mind paying a visit just to put face on notice.

edit just saw roskis post i fail at reading

OMG OMG OMG, I might be able to meet the guy who put my hero on blast back in 2009. Hey Art, I'll be there and I hope you will be to, I'd like to have a chance to meet you and Min. Seeing you guys on streams so often for the past year makes me think of you guys as celebrities now, don't worry, I'll keep my excitement down :lol

sonicmj1

I've seen some good Makotos, so I wanted to become a good Makoto. But after spending a few days of trying in ranked (this must have been a terrible idea), I've lost half my PP and a lot of my patience.

It's incredibly satisfying when you do things right and win matches by getting in your opponent's face and outguessing them. But that happens so rarely, and it's so hard to achieve much of the time (especially if you're facing one of the large grappling characters that can punish any of your attack strings with reversal 360), that I don't know if it's worth the trouble.

How can I stay motivated and level my Makoto game up? I'm tempted to go back to Honda, who takes a lot less effort to win with.

Degen

Okay, finished most of the 1-player stuff in Blazblue. DONE WITH GAME
But before I finish I'd like to give some shoutouts

shoutouts to Litchi and her day-long insta-kill combos
shoutouts to Tager being Easy Mode
shoutouts to Noel getting gimped to embarrassing levels when she wasn't spectacular before
shoutouts to taking ten(10) times as long as SSF4 to find a match regardless of how all-encompassing your parameters are
shoutouts to most "gag endings" just being awkward and Lambda's being
just as depressing and pointless as the rest of her story
shoutouts to this game being harder to get the hang of than Virtua Fighter

F*** salt

Come on T.Hawk let's go kill the ryus until I calm down

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
OMG OMG OMG, I might be able to meet the guy who put my hero on blast back in 2009. Hey Art, I'll be there and I hope you will be to, I'd like to have a chance to meet you and Min. Seeing you guys on streams so often for the past year makes me think of you guys as celebrities now, don't worry, I'll keep my excitement down :lol
Oh boy, watch me get him in the first round.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
sonicmj1 said:
I've seen some good Makotos, so I wanted to become a good Makoto. But after spending a few days of trying in ranked (this must have been a terrible idea), I've lost half my PP and a lot of my patience.

It's incredibly satisfying when you do things right and win matches by getting in your opponent's face and outguessing them. But that happens so rarely, and it's so hard to achieve much of the time (especially if you're facing one of the large grappling characters that can punish any of your attack strings with reversal 360), that I don't know if it's worth the trouble.

How can I stay motivated and level my Makoto game up? I'm tempted to go back to Honda, who takes a lot less effort to win with.

If losing a lot bothers you, then go back to Honda. 'cause Makoto's the type of character that, even if you're really good at the game in general, you're gonna lose a lot with at first.

Some people like to talk about how they think my Makoto's so great, but I still get wrecked pretty hard by people that are really good. Greg and Grifter, specifically. They beat me 6 out of 10 even when I pick Viper or someone too, yeah, but the last time I tried to use Makoto against Greg I think he beat me like 25 games in a row or something ridiculous.

God's Beard said:
Marn's execution is too good. I can't believe he hit the cFP, RH link which is Dudley's hardest link, but still uses hit confirms after the overhead. Huh. Still, Marn's too dominant with that shit.

Dudley is a beast if you have the execution. Unfortunately I don't have it, but he's still very fun to play.

Threi

notag
my bad, had to go out.

also threw my stick again, but it's completely unrelated to SF

good times

ggs to everyone I played earlier though. DeeJay's EX MGU makes me scratch my head. Technically its a projectile but it loses to projectiles (unless you do it early enough so that the projectile hits halfway through the animation), and you can be hit or grabbed out of it.

Kimosabae

Banned
I gave up on Makato simply because I can't do KaraKara consistently on the right side. I refuse to play her without getting that down. I'll get it down eventually, but Viper takes up too much of my training time at the moment.

I never thought for a moment Makato was bad, but every time I see a vid of a top player beasting on someone they're:

A. Playing against a character without a powerful reversal.

B. Playing against a character without a powerful zoning tool.

Kimosabae said:
I gave up on Makato simply because I can't do KaraKara consistently on the right side. I refuse to play her without getting that down. I'll get it down eventually, but Viper takes up too much of my training time at the moment.

I never thought for a moment Makato was bad, but every time I see a vid of a top player beasting on someone they're:

A. Playing against a character without a powerful reversal.

B. Playing against a character without a powerful zoning tool.

If you look up Lost Fragment's video of his Makoto from a day or two, you'll see him wrecking a Ryu and Guile in the beginning.

gutabo

Good games guys!

I was sending messages to Lord Relix thinking that he was AZ Greg while I played Joseph, Greg and Threi(once). Funniest thing was that Greg's comments were like answers to my messages(or Joseph's) and I only realized it when I said "goodbye, my last game will be a random" and they didn't answer properly, lol. My wife was also talking to me between fights so it was a bit hectic for me. I need to play more! It's been a while.

Again, good games guys. You can blame yourselves for not knowing that honda-sim strat, I posted it here when I discovered it(for real!). Still, my game was kinda sloppy. I must regain my confidence!

Hopefully we can play tomorrow again, and I want to play Lord Relix too!

Thanks for the smile on my face as I write this.

gutabo said:
Good games guys!

I was sending messages to Lord Relix thinking that he was AZ Greg while I played Joseph, Greg and Threi(once). Funniest thing was that Greg's comments were like answers to my messages(or Joseph's) and I only realized it when I said "goodbye, my last game will be a random" and they didn't answer properly, lol. My wife was also talking to me between fights so it was a bit hectic for me. I need to play more! It's been a while.

Again, good games guys. You can blame yourselves for not knowing that honda-sim strat, I posted it here when I discovered it(for real!). Still, my game was kinda sloppy. I must regain my confidence!

:lol
We thought you couldn't hear us.

explodet

dragonballjoseph said:
So apparently, Hakan's second ultra beats out Vega's horizontal dive.
Oil beats EVERYTHING. :D

I've been working on my Shining C trophy, only got 3 more to go (Guile, Honda, Vega) and decided to go back to playing Hakan for a few matches to see if I lost the groove. Fought an Adon tooth and nail and confirmed my suspicions that Oil Combination Hold beats Jagga Sleepover. Won the match with it, and it made my night.

dragonballjoseph said:
That's because PC animation touches Hakan. But Vega's horizontal dive was way above Hakan, so he got sucked in. :lol

Yeah I figured as much, I was still in the process of trying to figure out what exactly can beat it out or loses as the matchup was new to me at that point. Well PC loses lol.

Its kinda odd Hakan is the one grappler I don't honestly care if I lose to *doesn't happen often but every once in a while*, he is just so goofy I can't help but chuckle.

stabicron7 said:
Yeah I figured as much, I was still in the process of trying to figure out what exactly can beat it out or loses as the matchup was new to me at that point. Well PC loses lol.

Its kinda odd Hakan is the one grappler I don't honestly care if I lose to *doesn't happen often but every once in a while*, he is just so goofy I can't help but chuckle.
The only punish I know for his ultra is Bison's U2 out of range. Wonder if slide can beat it.

hxa155

Kadey said:
Scrub tourney match ups!

285ztd.png

DUNPEALD, YOU'RE MIIIIIINE :D

AZ Greg

GGs everyone! :lol Gutabo

Sorta OT, but any XBL SSF4 guys up for some HD Remix in like 15-30 mins? I'll host a room if a few of you are interested. Kinda been wanting to play it.

And on an unrelated note, does anyone else find SSF4 to be a tad bright on default settings? I've been working on calibrating my new monitor and I think I have it set pretty well but SSF4 looks a tad washed out. Turned the brightness slider down 2 notches and now it looks pretty good.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
gutabo said:
Good games guys!

:lol :lol I was playing and I was reading those messages and I was like... "WTF?!" then you kept sending the and I was seriously laughing my ass off :lol Finally replied back with the all caps message which you finally read. Man I had a good laugh. We'll play tomorrow if all is right, don't worry. =P

GGs to Stabicron. We had an intense set there =P. Rust is off finally and pulled a few things there I am practicing... and screwed others. =P

schennmu said:
Dudley is a beast if you have the execution. Unfortunately I don't have it, but he's still very fun to play.

Dudley's actually a relatively low execution character as far as his gameplan goes, but Marn's fundamentals and reaction time make up for a ton of the disparities in his matchups. Just absolutely monstrous rushdown. His focusing is on point, very few dropped links or wrong guesses. He didn't follow up the cFP, RH, but the fact that he went for it to begin with takes a disgusting amount of balls. It's a character specific, very range specific 1-frame link that requires an easily punishable move to start it off.

Marn does a lot of weird things I don't get though. He uses a lot of low damage combos that have higher damage, easier alternatives. They don't seem like they lead to better positions or resets or anything like that, so I don't know what his thoughts are. Intimidation?

Focus attacks are one of my weak points in my game, though, which is one of the reasons I chose to stick to Dudley and Fei Long out of my 4 characters. They rely on theirs more than most characters to break in.

gutabo

dragonballjoseph said:
:lol
We thought you couldn't hear us.
AZ Greg said:
GGs everyone! :lol Gutabo
Relix said:
:lol :lol I was playing and I was reading those messages and I was like... "WTF?!" then you kept sending the and I was seriously laughing my ass off :lol Finally replied back with the all caps message which you finally read. Man I had a good laugh. We'll play tomorrow if all is right, don't worry. =P

ROTFL... just ROTFL. And Relix, I only read your messages after my final game. ROTFL again!

Ninja edit: links to Rentahamster vs Arturo plox? I'm interested in the sim mirror match... Greg, let's play that mirror again! :p

I'm really enjoying My Dee Jay play. None of his combos are difficult and all of them do decent damage. He has great mixups as well as some decent wakeups and shenanigans. Doesnt do anything WAY BETTER than any other character, just good at everything. I just need to learn how to do a dash U2 off Focus Crumple, that shit is incredibly hard. Also need to better utilise the knee shot as well.

Axis

gutabo said:
ROTFL... just ROTFL. And Relix, I only read your messages after my final game. ROTFL again!

Ninja edit: links to Rentahamster vs Arturo plox? I'm interested in the sim mirror match... Greg, let's play that mirror again! :p

what's up gutabo? could you help me with the honda matchup sometime? we haven't played since the tourney =\

gutabo

Axis said:
what's up gutabo? could you help me with the honda matchup sometime? we haven't played since the tourney =\
Axis! of course fellow Cobra Kai member! Sorry, real life, new job, world cup, family issues, all took me out of online gaming for a long while :( I'm a little bit rusty after no online play for almost 2 months but I will gladly help you! I'm trying to use other characters too now so maybe I can help you with other chars too!

COBRA KAI NEVER DIES!!!

Axis

gutabo said:
Axis! of course fellow Cobra Kai member! Sorry, real life, new job, world cup, family issues, all took me out of online gaming for a long while :( I'm a little bit rusty after no online play for almost 2 months but I will gladly help you! I'm trying to use other characters too now so maybe I can help you with other chars too!

COBRA KAI NEVER DIES!!!

COBRA KAI!

GG's to AZ Greg, Satyamdas and anyone else I played.

AZ Greg with no mercy to those that dare attempt to dethrone him :lol.

Can't believe I lost to that one guy twice though. Granted, I was attempting to troll (and failing horribly) but he caught me with that Siberian Blizzard legit :lol

AZ Greg

GGs to everyone tonight.

I felt bad for that Akuma in team battle. It was obviously like his 1st game, but I just wanted to hurry up and get a shot at Saty. :lol

And man, after that team lobby broke up, Saty. started up an endless and he attracts the good players lol. A really solid Ken and Bison. Combined with him, you really earned your win streak in that room. Good stuff. Starting to feel a little better about the Sim match, but I still don't feel like I have a real game plan.

Oh, and currently in a lobby with Valle watching him zone the fuck out of a Gief. :lol

Chiming in late..

LakeEarth said:
I'd say scrubby Zangief's have been nerfed. Lariat is easier and less risky to punish, plus he has 100 points less health.

Yet he said shells of their former selves.. what? How is Gief a shell of SF4 Gief.. hes still good.

DR2K said:
All his specials were nerfed. Health reduction. Lariot isn't godly anymore, which made for a bunch of lopsided match ups. Ultra damage nerfed, considerably. He's still good, I just think he was much better. Besides Sagat, on paper he did get some of the more significant nerfs.

See above :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom