• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriskun

XenoRaven said:
Tried sweep and crouching mp. Maybe this is where the lag comes in and my timing is off. But I ALWAYS get nailed. I'll try standing medium. I always forget I have df lk too, which I planned on trying next time. I know what I'm supposed to do against Honda in pretty much every other aspect. Thanks guys. I really need to work on my AA's. I think that's what I'm going to start focusing on in my next few sessions.
if you are down to play my gt is dukeofrock

XenoRaven

chriskun said:
if you are down to play my gt is dukeofrock
At work right now. I'll add you when I get home.

The further removed I get from last night the more I realize I was tired and not focused. When I'm tired I play bad and get frustrated easier. It's a nasty combination because the more frustrated I get, the worse I play and vice versa. Then I just start settling into my own personal Chun flowchart where I forget about half the tools I have. I'm not going to let myself get like that anymore.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
V_Arnold said:
Viper is not unnecessarily hard. She is complex. If she would be dumbed down, she would be easier to learn, but will be worse as a character. So I see no reason to complain about it.

SJC is nothing to fear from, as it can be used like breathing after exclusive Viper-trained months/weeks, so is FFF once you practice it enough on a daily basis.

The motions to do some things could be simplified, and not run into doing other things or make it too easy. That's what I'm getting it- not getting at her complexity, which is a VERY GOOD thing. My favorite type of character is complex characters with fairly easy execution- it's why I'm busting my hump trying to learn Juri.

hertog

Well I've spend all my Time mastering blank a. Now I'm going to try gouken, but man those losses just destroy my pp :D

Crisis

Banned
This game is fun and all, but the online portion is almost unplayable for me because the fucking game keeps matching me up against players four, five, six, TWELVE times my ranking.

XenoRaven

Crisis said:
This game is fun and all, but the online portion is almost unplayable for me because the fucking game keeps matching me up against players four, five, six, TWELVE times my ranking.
Just play friends and GAF'ers. Makes the game considerably more enjoyable.

hertog

Crisis said:

Just keep trying. I've managed to beat a few 12.000+ players with my 3.000 blanka.
And so what if you lose, it's only a game. I always play online together with a couple of friends and we pass the controller, it's an excellent party game that way

Crisis said:
It does when I'm not very good at it and they are.
Those matches are what make the game fun. There's no better adrenaline rush than playing a 12000 Ryu and thinking you might have him figured out.

I'm sure they have the opposite problem of having to play and potentially lose to guys who don't do anything but set up their generic special moves.

Leunam

Yeah but you can find people who play like ass who have BP in the 10,000 range.

Like XenoRaven said, play GAFfers. It's way more fun that way. What console are you on?

Any tips for shutting down Ryu as Cammy? Or in general?

THe problem I have is if I rush them I'm tending to get Shoryukened out of it and then punished with a nasty combo, but obviously staying at a distance isn't an option either as Cammy doesn't have 100% reliable ways to get around fireballs other than Focus Attack abosrbing them or using an EX Spiral Arrow to go through them... both of which aren't always ideal or available.

That's the problem vs Ryu, really - I always struggle to get in close without jumping, and if I jump in if they see it coming they'll easily shoryuken me out of it. Strangely this isn't a problem for me with Akuma, Gouken or Ken players - but Ryu is a real issue for me.

I'm not a great player, but I'd say I'm alright. around 4000bp/1000pp generally.

Axis

Crisis said:
It does when I'm not very good at it and they are.

don't play ranked until you're confident in your character then...endless always has games...and training mode is always helpful :)

Crisis

Banned
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Those matches are what make the game fun. There's no better adrenaline rush than playing a 12000 Ryu and thinking you might have him figured out.

I'm sure they have the opposite problem of having to play and potentially lose to guys who don't do anything but set up their generic special moves.

Fun? Getting my ass kicked repeatedly because they're legions ahead of me in skill is not fun. I have yet to encounter someone who wasn't highly-ranked that didn't take me apart.

Crisis

Banned
Leunam said:
Awesome, play with late nights PSN GAF. You'll find somebody around your skill there I'm sure. Also, use this thread so you can match yourself up with people who aren't too advanced.

I would put myself on that list but I don't want all of GAF knowing my PSN ID. I get enough "junk mail" on PSN to where it's already a problem. If anyone here wants it I'll PM it to you.

Crisis said:
Fun? Getting my ass kicked repeatedly because they're legions ahead of me in skill is not fun. I have yet to encounter someone who wasn't highly-ranked that didn't take me apart.
Do what they're doing.

I guess this is a common theme in this thread at least once a week. Someone complains about better people beating them, everyone else says they're just whining. And it's true. You should be learning from it.

I mean, unless you've got a video of you matching up against 20 straight 15000 BP guys who FADC the hell out of everything you try, I think you're just overreacting to having to play a good player every now and then. Learn from their playstyle and get better. It's fun. And when you finally beat one, you'll be on a high for a few hours.

AkumaHokoru said:
That's a matter of respect though. Like yo we stream stuff and we have a youtube channel. we save everything we stream so we can upload it to our own youtube channel.

its leeching someone else's work you cant get mad at it because it isnt your footage. especially level up who tends to give/sell footage to machenima. they are of course going to go flag other people hosting their shit. Valle himself is the one in charge of levelup so naturally he wants the footage of him playing under that banner.

(No one really hosts our shit but I never liked the whole piggybacking for hits not everyone on youtube has to be a uploader.)

You do realize that Level Up didnt stream Evo 2K9....

/facepalm?

Leunam

Crisis said:
I would put myself on that list but I don't want all of GAF knowing my PSN ID. I get enough "junk mail" on PSN to where it's already a problem. If anyone here wants it I'll PM it to you.

Ask Hitokage for an invite to the PSN chat room. That way you can play with gaffers and still be anonymous! I think there may be a room for scrubs also.

Threi

notag
Do what they're doing.

I guess this is a common theme in this thread at least once a week. Someone complains about better people beating them, everyone else says they're just whining. And it's true. You should be learning from it.

I mean, unless you've got a video of you matching up against 20 straight 15000 BP guys who FADC the hell out of everything you try, I think you're just overreacting to having to play a good player every now and then. Learn from their playstyle and get better. It's fun. And when you finally beat one, you'll be on a high for a few minutes.
fixed

Crisis

Banned
Do what they're doing.

I mean, unless you've got a video of you matching up against 20 straight 15000 BP guys who FADC the hell out of everything you try, I think you're just overreacting to having to play a good player every now and then. Learn from their playstyle and get better. It's fun. And when you finally beat one, you'll be on a high for a few hours.

I just got beaten twelve times straight by players who were consistently in the 4000-12000 range before I got one in. I am not ranked anywhere near that highly. I'm not complaining about fighting highly ranked players at all. I'm just mad that it KEEPS matching me up against players I obviously have no chance of beating.

Crisis said:
I just got beaten twelve times straight by players who were consistently in the 4000-12000 range before I got one in. I am not ranked anywhere near that highly. I'm not complaining about fighting highly ranked players at all. I'm just mad that it KEEPS matching me up against players I obviously have no chance of beating.

stupid question since i don't play online a lot: don't they match you on the basis of pp rather than bp?

basically if you have higher battle points, that only means you've used the character a lot.
if you have higher player points, that means you've won a lot. winning gets you matched with higher level players.

APZonerunner said:
Any tips for shutting down Ryu as Cammy? Or in general?

THe problem I have is if I rush them I'm tending to get Shoryukened out of it and then punished with a nasty combo, but obviously staying at a distance isn't an option either as Cammy doesn't have 100% reliable ways to get around fireballs other than Focus Attack abosrbing them or using an EX Spiral Arrow to go through them... both of which aren't always ideal or available.

That's the problem vs Ryu, really - I always struggle to get in close without jumping, and if I jump in if they see it coming they'll easily shoryuken me out of it. Strangely this isn't a problem for me with Akuma, Gouken or Ken players - but Ryu is a real issue for me.

I'm not a great player, but I'd say I'm alright. around 4000bp/1000pp generally.

You'd be surprised, Cammy's got a nice game against Ryu and can play the distance card well. Her spin knuckle goes through fireballs along with that one move (can't remember the name) where she curls up in a ball and grabs from half screen. I'm not a Cammy player, so I'll leave out any advice but the matchup isn't as tough as you think.

Morris

Disco Devil
Crisis said:

Ranked match -> Custom Search -> Same Skill

Problem solved.

Ranked is the devil

DR2K

Banned
hertog said:
a quick noob question. Who got nerfed and who got better in SSF 4?

Major differences.

Nerfed = Makoto, Geif, and Sagat. Total shells of their former selves.

Buffed = Rose, Vega, and Chun.

Everyone else are more or less slightly better or slightly worse.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Crisis said:

Set a goal besides winning then. When I had that hunger, if I faced with someone of insurmountable skill , I'd concentrate on losing by less and less until I could compete.

GAF room might help also, as people there will tell you what you're doing wrong. Usually when people lose bad, and they know the moves, it's because they're doing something funamentally predictable in their play, or they're getting outcomboed.

Even good players have their small predictable habits.

BTW I wouldn't call Gief a shell, he just lost his scrub power and 100 health. He's still a solid enough character.

Leunam

DR2K said:
Major differences.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

hertog

DR2K said:
Major differences.

what happened to Zangief?

Threi said:

Make that split seconds, if anything.

As for Gief, other than Lariat being less stupid and something about jumps I didn't fully understand back when I was told about it due to not really paying attention, I don't really know.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
DR2K said:
Major differences.

Gief is fine

Crisis

Banned
Morro! said:
Ranked match -> Custom Search -> Same Skill

Problem solved.

Ranked is the devil

This made a world of difference. Thanks for the advice. By the way if anyone wants to add me on PSN please PM me.

DR2K

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Gief is fine

He got major nerfs. I didn't say he wasn't fine. Sagat is still one of the best characters in the game. Makoto is a joke character.

What changed with Chun-Li? She still feels the same from SF4.

I love new Guile, though.

Easy mode ultra and better normals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom