• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutabo

Gyrian said:
You bet.
Send me a FR in PSN, and I'll send you an invite to the chat where everyone gathers. :]

micrometaru.gif
What's your PSN? I will add you tonight... what are the tourney rules?

Also(anyone) some more help on the Type 3 NAT would be great.

Gyrian

gutabo said:
What's your PSN? I will add you tonight... what are the tourney rules?

Also(anyone) some more help on the Type 3 NAT would be great.
Get ready for this... It's Gyrian.

Rules are simple. Chara changes allowed, 5 rounds, etc.
I'll lay them out again as we approach the date, since they may get a tweak or two.

micrometaru.gif

gutabo

AZ Greg said:
And you should run some XBL ranbats, Relix. Kadey is busy with her scrub tourney and her ranbats are a couple of months away. Plus it sounded like she wanted to go a different route than traditional ranbats.
Before I went offline for a while, I was trying to do something like what we do locally here:
28twfmg.jpg

It's a big league, split into smaller chunks of peeps that have to play a ranbat and then when the ranbat's done, top spots get to play with the lower spots of the upper league to get to that league, and lower spots have to play the lower league's top spots to stay on that league. And then back to the ranbats. It's lots of fun for everyone, and we have "clans", tourneys and events(like, "someone vs the world", "clash of clans" and stuff like that). I still want to do that here(or something similar), and would love some help organizing it(or if someone wants to make it, I want in!). We have a facebook group too.

You get some free green ish if you guess my spot!

Gyrian said:
Get ready for this... It's Gyrian.

Rules are simple. Chara changes allowed, 5 rounds, etc.
I'll lay them out again as we approach the date, since they may get a tweak or two.

micrometaru.gif
Ok thanks! I'll add you tonight! Now I have to get a stick for PS3 :(

Axis

gutabo said:
Before I went offline for a while, I was trying to do something like what we do locally here:
28twfmg.jpg

It's a big league, split into smaller chunks of peeps that have to play a ranbat and then when the ranbat's done, top spots get to play with the lower spots of the upper league to get to that league, and lower spots have to play the lower league's top spots to stay on that league. And then back to the ranbats. It's lots of fun for everyone, and we have "clans", tourneys and events(like, "someone vs the world", "clash of clans" and stuff like that). I still want to do that here(or something similar), and would love some help organizing it(or if someone wants to make it, I want in!). We have a facebook group too.

You get some free green ish if you guess my spot!

Ok thanks! I'll add you tonight! Now I have to get a stick for PS3 :(

gustavo rojas, i assume =P

i'm in on whoever sets ranbats up...competition is fun :)

Kimosabae

Banned
arstal said:
Most of the people whining about that are doing it because they want to beat scrubs mindlessly. That's why so many mid-tier "vets" hate on SF4 series to me.

I'm not saying SSF4 is perfect, because it isn't, and I've complained about many a thing myself, but the game is pretty damn good, and possibly the best SF ever.

Yes, keep repeating this, at least once a page! We'll all believe it, eventually!

AZ Greg

Axis said:
you wanna get some games in later, greg? sim/vega give me way too many problems...saty bodies me haha but it's getting closer lately

Sure, go ahead and add me. Tag is the same as my GAF name.

And speaking of the awesome 100 friend XBL limit, I'm getting close to it. :( Didn't MS say it had to do with Halo 2? Well that's offline now so where's my increased friends list limit MS?!

Gibration/Duelist/Dementia: You guys are all PSN now right? I think I still have you guys on my list and I know some people have sent messages to their friends list saying they wouldn't be on XBL anymore and couldn't remember if some of them were you.

AZ Greg said:
Sure, go ahead and add me. Tag is the same as my GAF name.

And speaking of the awesome 100 friend XBL limit, I'm getting close to it. :( Didn't MS say it had to do with Halo 2? Well that's offline now so where's my increased friends list limit MS?!

Gibration/Duelist/Dementia: You guys are all PSN now right? I think I still have you guys on my list and I know some people have sent messages to their friends list saying they wouldn't be on XBL anymore and couldn't remember if some of them were you.
october supposedly.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Oh, Gutabo's joining? Well that's it guys, he's winning it! :lol

SephirothRK said:
one problem I see with the 16 players double elimination: (for me anyway)
- the 8 man took about 2 hours to finish, i'll imagine 16 would take about 4-5 hours. I won't be able to even stay that long for the duration of the whole tourney.

But when we did two 8-man tourneys the first time, it was less organized and only took about 2 hours as well.

derFeef

I´ll never get ragemail. I lost all of my matches I did online in vanilla and still had a great time. Guess I am just a calm dude who wa nts to improve and learn. *shrugs*

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AZ Greg said:
Relix's Chun is free for Sim. :D

And you should run some XBL ranbats, Relix. Kadey is busy with her scrub tourney and her ranbats are a couple of months away. Plus it sounded like she wanted to go a different route than traditional ranbats.

You know the worst part? Chun is supposed to beat Dhalsim :lol :lol

Will sit down tonight and see how a XBL Ranbat would go. It's possible we could do it very soon. Not sure about prizes though. So yeah =P

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So I am probably gonna need at least 8 Players to give ranking and points.

I am thinking Greg, Joseph, Akuma... Threi sucks...Gutabo, lolzme?... and I am surely missing some high profile gaffers.

If 8 of you are interested let me know by PM or posting here so I can assign points and then accept other people. Could be a weekly event that runs for one month on weekends. So, if interested to form the Top 8 Rankings let me know.

Wiseblade

Relix said:

I am thinking Greg, Joseph, Akuma... Threi sucks...Gutabo, lolzme?... and I am surely missing some high profile gaffers.

If 8 of you are interested let me know by PM or posting here so I can assign points and then accept other people. Could be a weekly event that runs for one month on weekends. So, if interested to form the Top 8 Rankings let me know.

I could do that whole staying up really late/waking up really early thing again. I'll take all the experience I can get this month. Even laggy, sleep deprived experience. :lol

AZ Greg

I'm down for whatever. If you need any help with organizing or w/e then let me know Relix. I'll help in any way I can. And don't forget about eva and renta for top players.

AkumaHokoru said:
october supposedly.

Oh, nice. I don't know why, but for some reason I thought the Fall update had already passed and the soonest would be the Spring update. :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Relix said:

I'm down with this.

Threi

notag
Relix said:
go miss abare tosanami followups some more

i'm in

Relix said:

Well depending when ya do it I'd be game for it.

hitsugi

Imm0rt4l said:
christ....it's a shame combofiend didn't go to EVO.

those were some of the worst games I've ever seen Marn play.

or the best we've seen from peter's Guy. Maybe he'll make it to Evo Japan and run into Kiryu :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom