• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
AkumaHokoru said:
damn yo. rage mode. so helpful.

2rnyc6s.gif

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi said:
freejay did better than god tier chun

what haaaaaaaaapened relix

Don't fucking ask me :lol I should learn not to rush when not needed. =P

BTW I refuse to believe she's god tier. NEVER

Threi

notag
AkumaHokoru said:
People are learning stuff. like juri is awful when she's forced to block. I'm gonna play one more when I lose im going to go.
pfft at least Juri can keep constant pressure going.

and has an overhead, not a shortjump that randomly whiffs on crouching opponents

either way ggs everyone. Seeing ex sobat lose to ex hazansho clean (even though the hitboxes visibly overlapped, not even a trade ffs) is a bit disheartening. looking at the scoreboard i had the most losses (expected) and 1 win. I will take that win and go home with it :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Threi said:
either way ggs. Seeing ex sobat lose to ex hazansho clean (even though the hitboxes visibly overlapped, not even a trade ffs) is a bit disheartening.
Speaking of hazanshu, when timed right, you can stuff it with Mexican Typhoon for some reason, even when the move expands his hitbox forward with no invincibility frames and the hazanshu is clearly on target.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
dragonballjoseph said:
Apparently, I can't tech Relix.

You can't. Lol lag-tier! (or some shit like that I hear around =P).

Akuma got me there at the end. =(. Gonna stay one more round. I am salty with Greg's Vega.

AZ Greg said:
I can't even AA Relix with Sim lol. Best I can hope for is a trade. :(

That's what you get for picking Dhalsim!

lag tier FTW!

Being able to tech some of the time is better than being able to tech none of the time like me. GG all. Kinda mad I lost to that gief but it was my own stupidity that caused it so w/e

Threi

notag
Hitokage said:
Speaking of hazanshu, when timed right, you can stuff it with Mexican Typhoon for some reason, even when the move expands his hitbox forward with no invincibility frames and the hazanshu is clearly on target.
maybe its grabbing her hitbox when it's extended by hazanshu? or is chun considered grounded before the actual hit lands? i dunno

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Threi said:
maybe its grabbing her hitbox when it's extended by hazanshu? or is chun considered grounded before the actual hit lands? i dunno
Hazanshu is considered airborne until the first active frame.

deadnoob

Damn, I just got SSFIV today and I suck lol. I can't connect any combos. I'm using Chun Li in the challenge trial mode and on level 8 it is LK LP HP and dan keeps blocking it. I guess my timing isnt right. I've gotten it a few times but I can't get it consistent.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Anyway, one last set and I am off. GGs all, had fun though I got trashed a bit too much for my tastes. Already working on the Ranbat "Ranking" list. I am aiming for this weekend, let's see how I manage it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
deadnoob said:
Damn, I just got SSFIV today and I suck lol. I can't connect any combos. I'm using Chun Li in the challenge trial mode and on level 8 it is LK LP HP and dan keeps blocking it. I guess my timing isnt right. I've gotten it a few times but I can't get it consistent.
LK to LP is really lenient, but you have a 1/60 second window to correctly time HP after LP.

Welcome to the world of 1 frame links.

deadnoob

Hitokage said:
LK to LP is really lenient, but you have a 1/60 second window to correctly time HP after LP.

Welcome to the world of 1 frame links.

So its supposed to be tough.. or is my timing really awful? :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am not used to Zangief's second Ultra. Damn =P.

dragonballjoseph said:
Relix never learns his lesson. :lol

I am slow let me be :lol. What the heck am I supposed to do there? Dash? Haven't faced many Zangiefs. In fact I am lacking some experience against DeeJay and surprisingly Dhalsim so I am learning. Leaving now.

GGs everyone.

Threi

notag
Relix said:
I am not used to Zangief's second Ultra. Damn =P.

I am slow let me be :lol. What the heck am I supposed to do there? Dash? Haven't faced many Zangiefs. In fact I am lacking some experience against DeeJay and surprisingly Dhalsim so I am learning. Leaving now.

GGs everyone.
3 steps to beating deejay

#1: don't jump in, don't try to crossup
#2: always hit low, use lp and lk as much as you can
#3: always block low, press lp or lk after every special, it will hit. not sweep (chuns sweep in particular will be tagged by lk sobat)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi said:

#3: always block low, press lp or lk after every special, it will hit. not sweep (chuns sweep in particular will be tagged by lk sobat)

I have this tendency from the scrub days. Man is it bad :lol . Will try and learn from this. We need more matches now threi. =P

AkumaHokoru said:
nah your gief is solid you just get desperate for 360s sometimes from what I saw.

Yeah, I get a bit desperate for specials in general, it's something I need to cut back on. Old habits die hard and all that.

vissione

Banned
Grats to Edgeward... rooting for you because you're repping dat ass. :D

WTF YOU DOING IN SCRUB TOURNAMENT? YOU ALMOST GOT ME OUT OF THE MINI TOURNEY :lol

AZ Greg

Man, I feel bad for Axel/Gief players. Everyone knows/has those one or two pokes ready with Gief's name on them to keep him out. It has to get frustrating after awhile. :(

And threi, just wondering since I don't know anything about DJ in terms of his combos, does he not have any decent damage combos that maybe don't require tight links. A big damage combo that you can easily hit confirm/quickly punish someone with seems to be what your DJ is lacking. Dealing with some of your shenanigans combined with not being able to jump makes me play your DJ a bit more cautious than most people. But there really isn't the fear of big damage. It seems like your BnB is that combo that has some cr.jabs to that cr.kick that knocks down. That doesn't do too much damage does it? Always seems like you're close in the match and you just need that to get you over the hump.

AZ Greg said:
Man, I feel bad for Axel/Gief players. Everyone knows/has those one or two pokes ready with Gief's name on them to keep him out. It has to get frustrating after awhile. :(

And threi, just wondering since I don't know anything about DJ in terms of his combos, does he not have any decent damage combos that maybe don't require tight links. A big damage combo that you can easily hit confirm/quickly punish someone with seems to be what your DJ is lacking. Dealing with some of your shenanigans combined with not being able to jump makes me play your DJ a bit more cautious than most people. But there really isn't the fear of big damage. It seems like your BnB is that combo that has some cr.jabs to that cr.kick that knocks down. That doesn't do too much damage does it? Always seems like you're close in the match and you just need that to get you over the hump.

Dee Jay doesn't have damage options without cr lp, cr mp. It seems like he's just "ok" in every department (other than anti-air when he has charge, lk or ex up kicks is amazing :lol).

And it really annoys me that Cody has a better slide than Dee Jay. Hell, everyone does. When the hell did that happen?

Edit - don't know why I said Sobat instead of upkicks o_O

AZ Greg said:

Yeah, it's pretty bad in situations like that, though I usually don't run in to good pokers on live (probably half the reason I got destroyed :lol ). I kept thinking on what to do when I finally got you down or how to get past your pokes, but I didn't really get that far. :(

Razor210

Threi said:

And that's why DeeJay players will bait your ass to make you use big moves. We like it.

It's the only way we can play :lol

Threi

notag
better deejay players than me link their specials from jabs alone, i can't process it fast enough to hold a charge and release it that quickly (and anything more than two jabs pushes the opponent out of range for MGU = big fat punish.

c.lk is all he has that hits low and can be canceled into a special (not c.mk though) but it has so little hitstun (and sobat has such long startup) that even if you cancel it into sobat it will still be blocked (i really don't get this but it happens; and since all sobats are unsafe on block its not worth the risk of trying a pseudo frame trap). c.mp works a lot better but of course that's a one frame link.

c.lp > st. mk > c. mk is another good link, does about the same as ending a combo in maxout, and it's two 2-frame links, not too bad. problem again is spacing, too far out and it turns into far st.mk, another poor normal :(

his best damage dealer is his walk/dash U2 but that's hard as hell to pull off. It's both character and spacing dependent (you have to pretty much land MGU right in their face, the tip won't work), and if you mash the input by accident it won't work at all (you don't recover fast enough to ultra)

so basically until my execution and/or reaction time level up i have to just deal with c.jab into c.forward.

@Sasa i guess capcom was trying to balance out the fact that deejay can combo into his sweep so they made his slide recover a lot slower i guess. has a nice hitbox though and catches people who don't know their character's normals (angled down jumps beat it)

Local meetups have spoiled me on online play.

if you aren't already you should consider going on SRK and seeing if there's a small community in your area. I was shocked when Milwaukee had one. Going and playing local matches is so much better than online. I almost can't stand it anymore unless it's with someone I know already.

derFeef

SonOfABeep said:

if you aren't already you should consider going on SRK and seeing if there's a small community in your area. I was shocked when Milwaukee had one. Going and playing local matches is so much better than online. I almost can't stand it anymore unless it's with someone I know already.
I registered there days ago but did not get an E-Mail yet so I can not post/ask. :(

deadnoob said:
So its supposed to be tough.. or is my timing really awful? :lol

Need to learn how to plink! That 1 frame link is pretty impossible to hit without it. Especially online.

Look up plinking on youtube. it's basically getting two chances to hit that 1 frame window with one button press.

Gyrian

Acid08 said:
GGs Gyrian, I had a feeling the grab to ultra would be the end of me. Flash Kick gets me into too much trouble.

GGs! :]

I was on the edge the whole time, it was critical that I could read you well enough to get in.
Those Guile double sweeps, I flubbed a chance at punishing them every single time.

But this takes the cake, haha.
In the middle of our 2nd fight, my cat suddenly dashed across the room and loudly crashed into my 6ft lamp.
I nearly shat a brick; not even sure how I recovered mid-game.

micrometaru.gif

SonOfABeep said:

I was shocked to find one in my own town in fact. Though I do like playing in person in ranbats here I also play online. The difference online is I can't usually crouch tech to save my life but I can do it nearly everytime in the ranbats. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom