• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
spindashing said:
A small question which I'm sure I can get a quick answer for.

My TE stick (1st Gen)'s roundhouse button stopped working out of nowhere during an online match. After the match, I realize that the 3K button is also not responding. I disconnect the arcade stick and reconnect it and all is fine, surprisingly. This is the first time I've ever an issue with this stick (my first one, too!) in the year since I've purchased it. Should I worry? I mean, it works fine now, but one can never be too sure.
Some of the original TE's PCBs have had issues with random buttons failing, supposedly it's a problem with static build up... some people have had success with grounding the metal plates and others have simply called MadCatz for replacement PCBs.

JMro posts about grounding the metal plates in a couple posts near the bottom of this thread page:

http://shoryuken.com/f177/te-fightstick-button-issues-178112/index9.html

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Good to see a Team Spooky stream again, I missed you guys...

Too bad I'm home for the summer, and the internet is nowhere near my speed at my apartment - oh well...

ExMachina said:
Some of the original TE's PCBs have had issues with random buttons failing, supposedly it's a problem with static build up... some people have had success with grounding the metal plates and others have simply called MadCatz for replacement PCBs.

JMro posts about grounding the metal plates in a couple posts near the bottom of this thread page:

http://shoryuken.com/f177/te-fightstick-button-issues-178112/index9.html

So that's what happened to my friend twice on two separate occasions when he used my TE (and ONLY to him) for a few rounds - now I know that dude builds static!:lol

GriffD17

I know it's a bit early, but will I be seeing any of you guys at season's beatings 5. About the only thing I'm looking forward to this fall.

Threi said:
too bad you are kinda late though. thread is dead, and everyone is hype for SF X Tekken now

Wrong, I've been lurking like a chump and thread is very lively. That Tekken business won't happen for another 2 years. :lol

Degen

TWtqq.jpg

Crisis

Banned
You guys got any general tips for following up on a knockdown attack against characters that have a dragon uppercut style move? I know they're going to do it but I find it hard to get in and do much damage otherwise. I find it hard to follow up with an overhead or guard cancel and getting the timing right is kind of killing me. :lol

XenoRaven

Crisis said:
You guys got any general tips for following up on a knockdown attack against characters that have a dragon uppercut style move? I know they're going to do it but I find it hard to get in and do much damage otherwise. I find it hard to follow up with an overhead or guard cancel and getting the timing right is kind of killing me. :lol
What character do you play?

Nose Master

Crisis said:

You just have to train them not to wake up DP, by standing next to them (barely out of throw range would be good), then just block. They'll stop doing wake-up DPs after you punish them a few times. As much, anyways :lol

riceandbeans said:
What was the ban for? That was a while.

Off-topic:

For recommending a father to discipline his daughter with a stiff ass whooping after he caught her smoking. Like 10 -12 people got banned for saying around about the samething.

Coolio got banned as well. :lol

On topic:

Damn it feels good to be back! <3 dat GAF!

Crisis said:

Looks like you discovered one of the biggest problems of online play. People mash out the dp no matter what because it gives them random wins against similar players.
And yeah, bait and hard punishment are you best options.

edit: For Dudley I recommend standing roundhouse into ex machinegunblow (then the ducking upper juggle) as a nice and easy punish against a whiffed dp.

Threi

notag
black_vegeta said:
Off-topic:

For recommending a father to discipline his daughter with a stiff ass whooping after he caught her smoking. Like 10 -12 people got banned for saying around about the samething.
well you and those 10-12 people are 100% right so it's all good :)

zlatko

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
Hey guys, we're streaming top 8 3rd strike right now, and will be streaming super sf4 top 8 afterwards. Hop on in and enjoy! Current top 5 in winners is Hsien Chang, FMF, Frodo (banana ken) and the winner of sinister-x vs. buktoof

http://www.justin.tv/monsters_arcade?#/w/317617968

Serious question. Why do you guys ban for no reason? Whoever was running stream randomly just banned 4 people in a row for no reason. I get being excited or hyped, but it's just doing you guys a negative if you ban people who come to support your streams who didn't do anything offensive. :/

XenoRaven

I don't know about any of those characters really. In general you want to do what was already mentioned. Stand just out of throw range, pretend you're going to attack, then block or backdash on their wakeup. If they do it, punish hard. Also, some characters have crossups that will beat a DP if you time it so the DP doesn't auto-correct. Bison might have one. I don't know for sure though.

So I went 3-1 at the QuakeCon tourney..

Got to top 32..

They then lose the brackets (I'm sure you all heard or its on another page I just havent read).. They then spend an hr not telling everyone.. then another hr trying to figure out what the heck to do..

Sucks b/c people donated like hundreds of dollars into a pot where they couldnt even hit Cntrl S to save the freaking brackets :|

Took so long.. and had friends waiting so I felt bad and just left.. Least I did top 32 and wasnt 'technically' eliminated since I left out of 140-50 people.

EDIT: Oh and 1 dude was like "oh i can rebuild these brackets because we know the guys in winners.. and we can watch the stream matches (1 out of 7 tvs)" - What??????

Yes.. how will he know losers etc when they all left hrs ago.. (The bracket was reset back to start)

DR2K

Banned
Crisis said:

Stay right outside their attack range until you can cross them up. If you're fighting a good player and you're properly spacing, they're going to be less confident and more afraid about doing an uppercut.

MIMIC

Banned
black_vegeta said:
Off-topic:

Coolio got banned as well. :lol

On topic:

Damn it feels good to be back! <3 dat GAF!

I got banned for making a JOKE! My comment wasn't even serious :lol

So many things I wanted to respond to (or talk about) in this thread that I can't even remember :(

Anyway, during my "downtime", I made this video. Cody vs Ken. It's one of my old saves from a lobby I was in. Couldn't believe what I was witnessing :lol

Ha-Ha! vs. Hadoken!

Jirotrom

black_vegeta said:
It's all good. You just start playing?

Oh yeah, it's not Balrog, it's DAT RAWG!!! :p
yea I just started SSIV, I used to use Balrog and guile and blanka, but I want to switchup for this game. I really want to get good with feilong, your rog is killer man, cant find a whole at all

Actually I think they mean crouching medium kick.
back in the day buttons used to be called
jab, strong, fierce = punches
short, forward, roundhouse = kicks

mannerbot

Crisis said:
Crouch forward. If your character is facing to the right, you'd hold the joystick or d-pad down and to the right.

Like OmnipotentO posted, cr. forward is cr. mk. What you're thinking of is "offensive crouch."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom