• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE 1991

Does anyone have the links to that famous set of sagat matches where the player spammed nothing but tiger uppercut or something? I think it was from a tournament.

People have NO IDEA how to fight my day one Fei Long :lol
One 2500pp Ryu only took a round from me because of doing random ultra.

Fei is tons of fun to use and his screams piss a lot of players off. Maybe I should put some work into him. If only his Ultras wouldn't suck so much...

bigmit3737 said:
God Beard I am assuming you main Dudley. If you run into any good Ryus can you save the replay? (And then invite (PSN?) or upload)

My friend uses a pretty good Dudley, and am trying to learn how to beat him.

I haven't been able to find too many youtube videos on this matchup.

Found a good one with Daigo and a pretty good Dudley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQdLG-9SUGI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdW4Y0C46vw

Sorry, no way to win :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am doing like shit today as well. I am trying to figure new things and that's costing me hard. In Ranked. Baaa =P

DR2K said:
That was a scrub Blanka. No different than the average scrub Blanka's gaf seems to lose to.

:lol
Since that was my Blanka, I'll comment - you're absolutely right.
I really want to improve my game, but I always go back to playing Blanka with my pad because it's simple and sometimes even effective. GAF hates Blanka and there are no (public) Blanka players to spar with or learn from in this thread, so I'm trying to learn on my own.

I play Guile as well, and when I'm fucking around with friends I'll play many other characters too (T. Hawk, Ryu, Boxer, Deejay, Rose, Cammy, etc).

My execution is not great, and I know I jump way too much to do anything more high-level with Blanka...but I'll keep playing until I get things tight. I'm playing in the PSN ranbats and the PSN scrub tourney regularly now, and I will get back into playing in the GAF SSFIV PSN chatroom regularly too.

hitsugi

dragonballjoseph said:
You probably need to backdash more.

Although dbj is late to jump on this, he's right. Figuring out new things is bad. Resort to back dashing your BP up immediately :lol

Rocwell

Caj814 said:
I'm digging your Makoto play. I'm gonna have to steal a few of those setups. :D

Couple of matchup specific things I feel like sharing:

vs Rose: I think you can stuff her ultra 2 with a meaty karakusa. I had it happen a few times on accident, I'm not sure if Rose can jump out of it though after the activation animation. Also tsurugi beats that slide into throw nonsense every rose ever always abuses :lol

vs Zangief: you can punish green hands with karakusa even on hit. Also cr hk is a great tool in this matchup, it beats lariats clean and works pretty well as an anti-air. That gief wasn't very good though...

vs ibuki: blocked neckbreaker=free karakusa vryu has a couple other videos on the ibuki matchup here:

Ultra 2 can punish vortex attempts anywhere (can also punish any random non-ex kunai)

You can ex karakusa in between spinkick pressure

Gyrian

Teknopathetic said:

In glorious 720p! :eek:
Thanks for posting these, certainly a lot to digest here.

For curious XBL players, that's what PSN GAF chat looks like @ 720p mid-game.
Over serious matches, some leave to stop the notifications, but overall, it's really not too intrusive.

bigmit3737 said:
Found a good one with Daigo and a pretty good Dudley.

Did you see Daigo vs Marn and Hsien's Dudley at the Salty Suite during Evo? Both were very good sets. I have to say, I think Marn might have beaten Daigo if Hsien didn't use Dudley against Daigo because he practically learned on the fly about how to fight Dudley during there set.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Teknopathetic said:
PSNChat from last night:

Missed some because I forgot to start recording, oops.

Tag for later. Gotta remind myself to sit down and watch these.

Haven't played in a week. Razor isn't around to beat my ass and I don't really like wandering into GAF PSN chat to have my ass beaten even worse by some of you. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I guess there aren't too many Guile users on here. The only person I can think of hasn't posted since the Live tournament. And I don't count.

This could be a potential prize for the GAF Weekly.

4iiouf.jpg

Articate

Banned
Can anyone explain throw mechanics a bit to me? I've been reading relentessly through EventHubs' guides, but I just want some clearing for my own part.

It seems that crouching does not avoid a throw, but when you crouch, you get some frames where you can't be grabbed? Or how does that work?

Oh he said Ryu, not Rufus :lol

tips for beating Dudley as Ryu:

cMK is godlike, use it always.
watch for forward fierce and the overhead and shoryu that shit.
only throw meaty fireballs if you're more than half screen away and Dudley is using Ultra 2.
otherwise, don't throw fireballs. ever.

tips for beating ryu as dudley:

fuck with them from mid screen with ducking straight
ducking throw
ducking scoop
ducking cLK
ducking short swing blow counterhit FADC midscreen ultra 2 AWW yeah
don't jump
bait srk, fireball and punish that shit
don't use ultra 1, make them think they're safe throwing fireballs
ultra 2 beats fireballs anyway

matchup: slight favor to Dudley

Rice-Eater said:
Did you see Daigo vs Marn and Hsien's Dudley at the Salty Suite during Evo? Both were very good sets. I have to say, I think Marn might have beaten Daigo if Hsien didn't use Dudley against Daigo because he practically learned on the fly about how to fight Dudley during there set.

Has Marn the best Dudley in the world right now? Do any japanese players use him?

LosDaddie

Banned
I posted this in the Scrub thread, but I'm not sure many read the Online forum. So please excuse the dp...

XBL Scrubs: Send me a FR/message if you want in on the Endless Lobby later tonight

GT: LosDaddie

I'll probably start playing around 11pm EDT. Or just post your GT and I'll check this thread before logging in. I'm also game for some GAF Scrubs vs The World team battles too

schennmu said:
Has Marn the best Dudley in the world right now? Do any japanese players use him?

Marn has the best Dudley because no other Dudley player has his fundamentals. He uses a lot of pointless combos and does enough stupid shit that he's not really worth learning from, though. If he cared enough about playing right, his Dudley would be better than Wong's Rufus. But he doesn't.

I wish I could react like Marn could.

Caj814

_dementia said:
Yuzo Fuckin' Koshiro

he should compose an SF

I think he has done some of the Capcom tracks for Namco x Capcom,but yes he does need to do a main SF game and bring back Shinji Hosoe as well.

Articate said:
It seems that crouching does not avoid a throw, but when you crouch, you get some frames where you can't be grabbed? Or how does that work?

I don't think thats quite right, as I understand it when you're crouching the window for when you can tech a throw is slightly larger than when you're not.

Solid_Rain said:
I don't think thats quite right, as I understand it when you're crouching the window for when you can tech a throw is slightly larger than when you're not.

I could swear sometimes the window is actually less than when your standing, but that could be all in my head + online lag.

floyd's got some cool long combos. Mine tend to be more concise, but I think some of his leave him in a better position.

I still think I'm the only Dudley in the world that doesn't use cLP hit confirms, though.

God's Beard said:
Oh he said Ryu, not Rufus :lol

tips for beating Dudley as Ryu:

cMK is godlike, use it always.
watch for forward fierce and the overhead and shoryu that shit.
only throw meaty fireballs if you're more than half screen away and Dudley is using Ultra 2.
otherwise, don't throw fireballs. ever.

tips for beating ryu as dudley:

fuck with them from mid screen with ducking straight
ducking throw
ducking scoop
ducking cLK
ducking short swing blow counterhit FADC midscreen ultra 2 AWW yeah
don't jump
bait srk, fireball and punish that shit
don't use ultra 1, make them think they're safe throwing fireballs
ultra 2 beats fireballs anyway

matchup: slight favor to Dudley

He's pressure is insane.

Someone who's learning the fundamentals...I feel overwhelmed by his pressure.

FA into Ultra really hurts me.
And I'm scared shitless after a knockdown, that he can just walk up throw up at times. :lol

I realized that c.mk alone is more effective than c.mk hadoken...
Also c.mp seems to be useful.

gutabo

riceandbeans said:
Haven't played online for a month but I'm down today if my connection lets me. Stupid NAT...
Dang, got 4 invitations but I couldn't join any of them :'(

Edit: Maybe if I connect directly to the router...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom