• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutabo

No problem, thanks for the invites, I'll go get my other router and will be back in 5-10 minutes to try to connect again(if you're still playing/streaming)...

Threi

notag
riceandbeans said:
Your friends list is full, can't join either way :lol

Maybe next time.
all you have to do is send me a message and i can inv you...after the tourney finishes and if someone leaves

and yeah the 100 friends cap is complete bullshit

God's Beard said:
Marn has the best Dudley because no other Dudley player has his fundamentals. He uses a lot of pointless combos and does enough stupid shit that he's not really worth learning from, though. If he cared enough about playing right, his Dudley would be better than Wong's Rufus. But he doesn't.

I wish I could react like Marn could.

Nah, Hsien Chang has the best Dudley by far, Marn agrees as well. Hsien just doesn't go to tourneys anymore :/

FindMyFarms said:
Nah, Hsien Chang has the best Dudley by far, Marn agrees as well. Hsien just doesn't go to tourneys anymore :/

Oh, that's interesting to hear. And here I was thinking that Hsien screwed everything up for Marn by going first and allowing Daigo to adapt to Dudley.

But about Hsien, that's too bad. He's a great player but doesn't receive that much recognition because he hardly participates in tourneys from what I've noticed. During his match with Daigo at the Salty Suite, I think Combojack actually asked Gootecks about Hsien because he didn't know who he was.

Threi said:
is that Streets of Rage music i hear?

:D
It is and you could substitute quite a bit for the SSF4 background music and it would be better than what the game itself has....kinda sad really. I do a mix of different music most times. Guilty Gear music always works well IMO :p

XenoRaven

So with Dhalsim, is it possible to do EX fireball and then teleport behind the opponent between the first and second hit of the fireball forcing them to block one way then the other really quick? Or are they good if they block the first hit?

Satyamdas

Banned
XenoRaven said:
So with Dhalsim, is it possible to do EX fireball and then teleport behind the opponent between the first and second hit of the fireball forcing them to block one way then the other really quick? Or are they good if they block the first hit?
Yes, they are good if they block the first hit. The way ex fireballs work is if one hits they both hit, and if one is blocked they are both blocked.

So if you teleport before it touches them and they react too slowly they will be hit by both and then you can hit them after that for some juicy damage. If they react quickly then they will block the ex fireballs, but depending on the height and timing of your teleport they may be pushed behind you again which forces them to block the opposite way once more. You just have to be sure to let the block stun wear off before attacking again, and also be careful of srk's, ex reversal moves, etc.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Satyamdas said:
Yes, they are good if they block the first hit. The way ex fireballs work is if one hits they both hit, and if one is blocked they are both blocked.

So if you teleport before it touches them and they react too slowly they will be hit by both and then you can hit them after that for some juicy damage. If they react quickly then they will block the ex fireballs, but depending on the height and timing of your teleport they may be pushed behind you again which forces them to block the opposite way once more. You just have to be sure to let the block stun wear off before attacking again, and also be careful of srk's, ex reversal moves, etc.

Gyrian has been looking for a post of yours for eons now haha.

Rice-Eater said:
Oh, that's interesting to hear. And here I was thinking that Hsien screwed everything up for Marn by going first and allowing Daigo to adapt to Dudley.

But about Hsien, that's too bad. He's a great player but doesn't receive that much recognition because he hardly participates in tourneys from what I've noticed. During his match with Daigo at the Salty Suite, I think Combojack actually asked Gootecks about Hsien because he didn't know who he was.

Yeah unless it's like norcal or evo, I think he just doesn't travel to tourneys, even within Tx.

He did just win SBO quals for BB:CS with Jan though, so SBO is probably the next tourney he'll be at.

But yeah, he's good, just not inspired :/

Gyrian

Relix said:
Gyrian has been looking for a post of yours for eons now haha.

Detective work in tracking down Ranbat members; you never know what Google custom search will point out. :p

On another note, a snapshot of what's in front of me as I face PSN GAF.

33ua2hx.gif

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Posting pics of our play-places... hmm fine.

Excuse some of the cables I am working on a better setup hahhaa.

41062_10150255601505604_873115603_14592814_8324049_n.jpg

Awesome close up there haha.

Xbox
PS3
Wii with HDD

Bunch of games. Not all shown. TE stick on the left there. =P

LakeEarth

Who loves hate mail? This one from EXCh33ky, a 4200+ Barlog.
do something else besides throw faggot scrub
Dude is pretty good, but he's holding down-back a lot. Of course I gotta use my command throw! I saved the replay, and counted how many times I attempted TT, 10 times (8 landed) total in 3 rounds. I don't think that's too much, especially when he's constantly defending and more importantly, it keeps working.

Relix said:
Posting pics of our play-places... hmm fine.

Excuse some of the cables I am working on a better setup hahhaa.

41062_10150255601505604_873115603_14592814_8324049_n.jpg

Awesome close up there haha.

Xbox
PS3
Wii with HDD

Bunch of games. Not all shown. TE stick on the left there. =P

You have internet powered by coconuts and bananas right?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Threi said:
is that Streets of Rage music i hear?

:D

Yep. It's Sadeness mixed with the SOR remix.

The other vid is also a Sega remix. Try guessing what it is. I'd be surprised if at least a couple of people on here do not know.

I dont understand what you mean by this. If you are thinking I cannot run you are mistaken.

Not a matter of if you can but how long can you keep it up. :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mago won the Asian tournament, who is he maining now?
(I think he beat Momochi)

Articate

Banned
So, what stick do you and what does most other people use? Is there a big price difference? Does higher price mean higher quality / more fun or would I end up paying for funcitons I'd never use?

The madcatz TE is the standard, but it's also expensive.

Those regular fight sticks go on sale for $30-40 pretty often and they're not bad.

If you get serious about it you can always mod the regular edition fight stick for about $50 with sanwa parts. I personally like the larger footprint of the TE but that's just preference.

Kadey said:
The other vid is also a Sega remix. Try guessing what it is. I'd be surprised if at least a couple of people on here do not know.

I'll take a stab at it *heh pun not intended*. It sounds very familiar. Sounds like it could it be a remix of End of the Millennium from Phantasy Star 4?

Articate

Banned
SonOfABeep said:

Those regular fight sticks go on sale for $30-40 pretty often and they're not bad.

If you get serious about it you can always mod the regular edition fight stick for about $50 with sanwa parts. I personally like the larger footprint of the TE but that's just preference.

Only I can find in Norway's the Standard Edition. Is it a big step down? What is the difference with the sanwa parts, anyway?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Articate said:
Only I can find in Norway's the Standard Edition. Is it a big step down? What is the difference with the sanwa parts, anyway?

So soft and responsive. Samwa buttons are a world of difference, trust me. It's like having a touchpad with feedback. =P.

Axis

anyone wanna get some games in? i have some time to burn before the summer jam stream starts. GL to any gaffers going...and to fnex raven and k brad!

Relix said:
So soft and responsive. Samwa buttons are a world of difference, trust me. It's like having a touchpad with feedback. =P.

a little TOO responsive, IMO...seimitsu hit the sweet spot for me

hitsugi

Gyrian said:
Detective work in tracking down Ranbat members; you never know what Google custom search will point out. :p

On another note, a snapshot of what's in front of me as I face PSN GAF.

33ua2hx.gif

that keyboard is so fucking slick.

qcf x2

Alright, I'm officially back, with new and improved internet. Haven't played in a while, though. The last night I played before my internet cut out, I had a 58 game win streak in endless. :lol

Grifter

qcf x2 said:
Alright, I'm officially back, with new and improved internet. Haven't played in a while, though. The last night I played before my internet cut out, I had a 58 game win streak in endless. :lol
cool, i just came back too. set up some new sticks to mess with - a bat and an octagon gate. hope it doesn't screw me up!

qcf x2

Oof, 8-way. I hate those. I'm switching from an 8-way stick and learning the TE stick, finally. There is no such thing as a difficult command now. :D

I'm watching Hsien Chang right now, and you guys are right, he's probably the best Dudley right now. He doesn't have Marn's rection time, but since he plays Dudley correctly, it's not necessary unless he was going to fight a Dhalsim or something like that.

Hsien Chang plays pretty similarly to how I play Dudley, which is reassuring. I never tried to option select EX Jet Uppercut, though, which I thought was pretty interesting. He has better execution on his pressure strings than I do, which is something I'm always trying to work on. He still uses more superfluous hit confirms than I do, but not as many as Marn.

Really solid Dudley.

edit:

just finished watching the Daigo-Hsien matches.

Hsien's last 3 fights were embarrassing as a Dudley player. How does he not know how to deal with cMKxxfireball? that's Ryu's #1 anti-Dudley tactic. After that, it just got sad. Dropping simple combos all over the place, fucking up the pressure, missing huge opportunities to anti-air with the super and escape the corner with ducking, it was bad.

He plays Dudley better than Marn, but he doesn't have the other skills to make him a better player.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Well, our Quakecon event is starting soon. We have 122 signups so far and there are still a mess of people at the sign up desk waiting. Pretty much all the best players in Texas are here, the stream is up but we haven't started yet. The MadCatz guys walked by our stations, saw there are like 200 people here and handed us a 360 fightpad to give out to the winner :lol

Streaming Super first, then later on we will have SC 4, SSBB, Tekken 6, MvC 2, Third Strike and BB Continuum Shift.

Crisis

Banned
I am so fucking mad. I was one match away from the five wins straight trophy. I go into a game with a guy with a full, green connection bar. He beats me in the first match, I tear his ass apart in the second one. Before the third match, the game grinds to a fucking halt. It takes literally 45 seconds to go to round three. When itI comes back finally, my character doesn't move till halfway into the match and the asshole ends up beating me. Fuck laggers.

LakeEarth

Crisis said:
I am so fucking mad. I was one match away from the five wins straight trophy. I go into a game with a guy with a full, green connection bar. He beats me in the first match, I tear his ass apart in the second one. Before the third match, the game grinds to a fucking halt. It takes literally 45 seconds to go to round three. When itI comes back finally, my character doesn't move till halfway into the match and the asshole ends up beating me. Fuck laggers.
I had a similar thing happen last night. Lag spike right when I had to time my ultra, miss, lose the round.

SmokeMaxX

Online SUCKS. I can't do jack online ugh. I don't mind losing, but when I can't even get my moves to come out because the reversal timing changes for each connection?

A small question which I'm sure I can get a quick answer for.

My TE stick (1st Gen)'s roundhouse button stopped working out of nowhere during an online match. After the match, I realize that the 3K button is also not responding. I disconnect the arcade stick and reconnect it and all is fine, surprisingly. This is the first time I've ever an issue with this stick (my first one, too!) in the year since I've purchased it. Should I worry? I mean, it works fine now, but one can never be too sure.

Nose Master

SonOfABeep said:

Madcatz SE's aren't even worth the case. Those things are pieces of shit. Same with the pads. The TE's are okay... but only if you mod them. Madcatz is the same company making the same shitty peripherals they always were, it's just now they're more or less your only option for fighting games. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
stabicron7 said:
I'll take a stab at it *heh pun not intended*. It sounds very familiar. Sounds like it could it be a remix of End of the Millennium from Phantasy Star 4?

Yep. Title screen theme.

Another tourney match is up.

Tiger Uppercut vs Miragith.
Tiger Uppercut wins 2-0
Match one
Match two

Congrats to Tiger for moving on.

Shoutouts to Team Spooky. Too bad I can't watch the stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom