• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisis

Banned
mannerbot said:
Like OmnipotentO posted, cr. forward is cr. mk. What you're thinking of is "offensive crouch."

Thank you for correcting me. Sorry for the bad information. I just know the kicks as LK, MK, and FK/HK.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GamerSoul said:
Since we're on the subject. When you guys say option select what does that mean?

When you do a move that has two possible outcomes, and the game selects the one that is best for you.

It's a sign of flawed game design in most cases.

GamerSoul

arstal said:
When you do a move that has two possible outcomes, and the game selects the one that is best for you.

Ok thank you. I seriously had no idea what that meant. That's pretty cool though.

damn, great weekend. Got a nice break since i finished my seeding matches.

returning to action tomorrow night for dat ranbat action!!

and welcome back to dat rawg brother of mine Black Vegeta.

we be holdin it down again!!! 1 on XBL 1 on PSN!!! TIME TO GET PAID!

I'm glad to be back. Thanks EraldoCoil. I leveled up my Rawg somewhat and I'm hellah greedy for dat fight monay!

Thanks Kadey! Me and the wife had PLENTY of time to spend with one another *wink wink* :D

Plus, I had a chance to play some of my other games for once.

<3 GAF

Articate

Banned
arstal said:

Wait, I don't really get this. Anyone care to give an example?

"Wait, I don't really get this. Anyone care to give an example?"

Crouch throw teching. While holding down+back, you press lp+lk to tech a throw, if the opponent tries to throw you, you will tech it. If they don't, cr.lk comes out instead.

More specific option select: Ryu j.fp + EX DP motion safe jump on a Bison waking up. If Bison tries a reversal Devil's Reverse/Headstomp, EX DP will come out and hit Bison. If Bison just blocks, only j.fp will come out.

Teknopathetic said:
Crouch throw teching. While holding down+back, you press lp+lk to tech a throw, if the opponent tries to throw you, you will tech it. If they don't, cr.lk comes out instead.

More specific option select: Ryu j.fp + EX DP motion safe jump on a Bison waking up. If Bison tries a reversal Devil's Reverse/Headstomp, EX DP will come out and hit Bison. If Bison just blocks, only j.fp will come out.
That's some lame ass shit.

Articate

Banned
They actually have the Madcatz TE here. The only thing negative I've heard about the sanwa buttons is that they trigger almost by you looking at them. Is this a problem for more people?

Articate said:
They actually have the Madcatz TE here. The only thing negative I've heard about the sanwa buttons is that they trigger almost by you looking at them. Is this a problem for more people?

I have a bad habit of resting my right thumb on the LK button which sometimes causes me to attempt a throw when wanting to do just a jab, or a jab fireball or headbutt. They are extremely sensitive.

Crisis

Banned
Articate said:

I had the same issue SonOfABeep does. Once you learn a better hand placement on the stick, it really is wonderful. The Sanwa buttons happen to be extremely sensitive as opposed to buttons I've used on other sticks. It's a benefit and not a hindrance once you learn how you should place your hand.

I'm all for option selects. It means there's no guaranteed wakeup escape option from Dudley :D

reversal: block & punish - 300-400+ damage
high block: cLK, whatever - 300-400+ damage
low block: f+RH, RH xx whatever - 300-400+ damage
backdash: meaty f+FP or f+MK option select sweep/Ultra 1/Ultra 2 - 200-300+ damage
jump: meaty f+RH or f+MK option select EX Jet Uppercut - 100-180 damage
command backdash: f+MK option select Ultra 1/Ultra 2 - 200-300+ damage
teleport: f+MK option select sweep/Ultra 1/Ultra 2 - 200-300+ damage(note: Ultra 1 option select whiffs on close teleports)

Sp00ky

did anyone have any problems on the stream yesterday, trying to figure out if i need to tone down the bitrate a little.

EraldoCoil said:
damn, great weekend. Got a nice break since i finished my seeding matches.

returning to action tomorrow night for dat ranbat action!!

and welcome back to dat rawg brother of mine Black Vegeta.

we be holdin it down again!!! 1 on XBL 1 on PSN!!! TIME TO GET PAID!

I have to 2nd you on that, man.

Can't wait to see the match-ups for ranbats.

Henry Cen, rofl. He's putting the EMP on blast, since they're the only organization without t-shirts.

Juicebox seems like a pretty down to Earth guy.

When I was in Florida, they had a Gameworks at Sawgrass Mills.

Edgeward

Sp00ky said:
did anyone have any problems on the stream yesterday, trying to figure out if i need to tone down the bitrate a little.

I never ran into any problems, usual top notch team spooky quality.

Grifter

Local tournie at my house today so I don't get too rusty :lol

Not as good as fighting Greg, but I need the practice, bad. Jojo and 3rd Strike aren't cutting it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Relix said:
I am missing so many links lately. Ughhhh

I can do crazy stuff *online. Once I jump online, it's a different story. It sucks being a combo maniac and having trouble pulling them off online. :lol

*Edit: errrr offline.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Sp00ky said:

Only problem I had was the name graphics were too close to the bottom of the screen, and I couldn't move the ad thing at the bottom out of the way to see who was who. Maybe that was just me though?

Overall, good shit like always, Spooky.

hitsugi

umm.. just discovered that when putting my stick into my car the other night, the USB cable was left out..

...so I drove around 35 miles with the USB end dragging along on the floor.

needless to say - the USB end is destroyed. PS3 TE stick.. if anyone knows how to fix / replace this cable, please let me know.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
hitsugi said:
umm.. just discovered that when putting my stick into my car the other night, the USB cable was left out..

...so I drove around 35 miles with the USB end dragging along on the floor.

needless to say - the USB end is destroyed. PS3 TE stick.. if anyone knows how to fix / replace this cable, please let me know.

You should be able to fix it yourself if you have the right tools. Wire strippers, soldering iron, solder, new end of a usb cable taken from a ps3 pad/something, and maybe some electrical tape.

Never done this with a stick though, so you should probably post something in the tech talk section of srk for specifics.

K.Sabot

vpck7o.jpg

Stream's pretty great.

Big Chungus

Bought SSF4 with a crappy joystick and so far I am sucking in this game....

I played Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat 1-3 and Tekken 2 back in the day but haven't touched a fighting game since then.

What can I do to practice before heading online?

imtehman

Banned
fna84 said:
\

pick a main, youtube some videos and get familiar with the bread and butter combos.

start using them in training mode.

after that you're good to go.

everytime i try out a new character i start with thier trials first so u can check that out too

Crisis

Banned
fna84 said:
Bought SSF4 with a crappy joystick and so far I am sucking in this game....

I played Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat 1-3 and Tekken 2 back in the day but haven't touched a fighting game since then.

Try your hand at the challenge modes.

Axis

imtehman said:
pick a main, youtube some videos and get familiar with the bread and butter combos.

start using them in training mode.

after that you're good to go.

everytime i try out a new character i start with thier trials first so u can check that out too

sent you an invite if you're down to play still, had a guy drop out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom