• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

~Devil Trigger~ said:
does'nt any grab beats any EX move?

I guess you're right. :lol What's the point of an EX 360 for example, then? I know Mak's gives her one hit of armor, but I assumed it had higher priority since I NEVER land the regular karakusa. I guess people know to jab.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
MarkMan said:
Next time I'll be there in person! Bwahaha.

Good shit again though. Rose was solid.

CONFIRM or DENY. Sanford didn't go because of girl problems?

What about my Adon ;_; I beat a sponsored player 1 game with him ;_; wtf lol

as for sanford I don't know why "The King" wasnt in attendance but it def seems that way according to his facebook lol

Threi

notag
speaking of shitty hitboxes

HHCmO.jpg

his U1 pushes him forward so it isn't that bad but it still makes it tough to space

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Bah, I really wanted to do ranbats this past weekend, but other crap got in the way :/

In other news, yesterday I took out my octogate and put the square gate back inside. I can't keep relying on this non-standard setup.

msg me on XBL to get your wins in while you can :D

BotoxAgent said:
:lol :lol

i know imma a bit late, but nice to have you back man

Thanks! :D

Glad to be back.

Edit: You and I have a date down the road for GafBats. Keep your janky Guy away from me. :p

Edit: Thanks Gutabo. :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
nycfurby said:
i was drunk during the coin flip tournament after summer jam and got lit up :/ 0-2. Blown up. Free :lol

How about when I send you your jacket, I'll send you something you can really get drunk off of. :D
Is this how people normally train?

It seems so chaotic.

And we can play custom music in the training room? I'm going crazy with the training room music.

It's probably just me. Whenever I train, I just freestyle.

You can play custom music. But I always have music playing in my PC room whenever I'm there regardless.

God damn, I did not know how much good shit is up on Team Sp00ky's youtube channel. The Godsgarden broadcasts alone are pure gold. Also I noticed there is a tournament with lots of DSP commentary. If he would post that on his channel you would get a shit ton of views. But I'm not sure if you want the DSP monsters in da house :lol

Shoutouts to Team Spooky, you guys are fucking godlike.

bigmit3737 said:
Can you please explain what the yellow box and red box means?

Thank you.

Yellow box = Deejay's vunerable areas
Red box = hit area of the attack
long yellow box = if your opponent is within this range they get stuck in the block animation when they press back

God's Beard said:
long yellow box = if your opponent is within this range they get stuck in the block animation when they press back

Thank you.

Why is his hit area so small? It doesn't even reach the end of his leg.
Is this normal with other characters?

It just looks so odd.

Time to whore out my YouTube channel.

Alright, so my YouTube channel went into a different direction during my ban. Instead of uploading vids of my scrubby ass, I started uploading "Japanese" XBL replays. Since LordAborigine hasn't been uploading any SSF4 vids, I'll be helping out getting some vids out to the community. ;)

They feature gameinn, Iyo, Sako, Tokido, GamerBee, Desora, Uryo, Inco, Mago, YHCmochi, Nemo, PPN, Air, etc as well some up and coming players trying to make a name for themselves playing with the big boys.

It may not be direct feed video capturing but at least you'll be able to see how the Japanese top players are doing until the arcade releases.

Check it out and suscribe!

http://www.youtube.com/user/XblackvegetaX

Note: I'm trying to find Kindevu and AC Revenger replays, but they rarely play. :(

I bought Starcraft 2 and decided to upgrade my video card. But the first thing I played was vanilla SF4 and it was a beautiful experience. Man my old card is such a pussy compared to the new one. Basically I upgraded from a 9500GT to a GTS 250. I bought a cheap video card last year because I never game on my PC, but then SF4 came out and I ended up spending tons of hours on there with several thousands of matches to my name.

My problem was that I was playing it at 800x600, turning up the AA or res would basically make the game play in slow motion, especially during Ultras. With the GTS 250 now I can play it with all the settings turned on, 4x AA, and at 1080p. So what if it's a old game and Crysis would melt my computer, it still felt really nice. So basically what I'm saying is this "please Capcom, please release SSF4 on PC". Our ol' buddy Kakthinfected(goes by Y-somethingsomething on NeoGAF) would really appreciate it to.

Now that I've said that, time to install Starcraft 2 :D

Killa Sasa said:
GAF, I lost my local major's finals in both teams and singles to a Fei Long. Many flame kicks and chicken wings were digested by my grill. Glad I got some fight money but salty that I lost. Video probably in a couple days so you can tell me what I did wrong (other than not block. anything :( )

How on earth do you fight the Kato/Bruce Lee impostor? His pokes are amazing and his defense is damn tough to crack. His damage adds up too, no wonder Mago runs him :lol

I only lost to the Fei this whole weekend so I'm feeling the Morton's.

First thing I do is check to see if the Fei is capable of whiff punishing a cr. medium kick, and whether or not he does his rekka's on reaction to the whiff, or if he just likes to throw them out there.

If he just throws them out there, then I spam cr. mk XX drill OS like a mofo, if he's looking to whiff punish, then you can take advantage of that and just walk forward (since he'll be waiting/walking back looking for a whiff.) Whiff punishing that with rekkas is actually pretty hard.

Outside of the ground game, I neutral/back jump like a MOFO vs. fei long, it's just really good when you have ex dive kick and can catch him on errant chicken wings or rekkas, and fei doesn't really have a solid option to punish it without putting himself into a really risky situation.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir on this one, but also make sure your divekicks to punish crouch techs are a little bit higher than normal since fei's cr. short hit box is raised a bit compared to other characters.

Crisis

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
First thing I do is check to see if the Fei is capable of whiff punishing a cr. medium kick, and whether or not he does his rekka's on reaction to the whiff, or if he just likes to throw them out there.

If he just throws them out there, then I spam cr. mk XX drill OS like a mofo, if he's looking to whiff punish, then you can take advantage of that and just walk forward (since he'll be waiting/walking back looking for a whiff.) Whiff punishing that with rekkas is actually pretty hard.

Outside of the ground game, I neutral/back jump like a MOFO vs. fei long, it's just really good when you have ex dive kick and can catch him on errant chicken wings or rekkas, and fei doesn't really have a solid option to punish it without putting himself into a really risky situation.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir on this one, but also make sure your divekicks to punish crouch techs are a little bit higher than normal since fei's cr. short hit box is raised a bit compared to other characters.

I just got boned online by a similar situation so this is going to be very helpful. Thanks!

Threi

notag
black_vegeta said:
Time to whore out my YouTube channel.

Alright, so my YouTube channel went into a different direction during my ban. Instead of uploading vids of my scrubby ass, I started uploading "Japanese" XBL replays. Since LordAborigine hasn't been uploading any SSF4 vids, I'll be helping out getting some vids out to the community. ;)

They feature gameinn, Iyo, Sako, Tokido, GamerBee, Desora, Uryo, Inco, Mago, YHCmochi, Nemo, PPN, Air, etc as well some up and coming players trying to make a name for themselves playing with the big boys.

It may not be direct feed video capturing but at least you'll be able to see how the Japanese top players are doing until the arcade releases.

Check it out and suscribe!

http://www.youtube.com/user/XblackvegetaX

Note: I'm trying to Kindevu and AC Revenger replays, but they rarely play. :(

nice :D

funny that you are getting better results with those offscreen cam vids than with an easycap :lol

if you feel like trying it again though i recommend avs video recorder. works nice :)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Ono's been tweeting that he's in London, and there's an event in London tomorrow morning with all the big dogs in gaming, 11:30 UK time.

Not trying to hype up anything, just throwing that out there.

Threi said:
speaking of shitty hitboxes

HHCmO.jpg

his U1 pushes him forward so it isn't that bad but it still makes it tough to space

Well that explains why EVERYTHING beats my Dread kicks at that range.

Why do they do things like that? Same shit with Makoto's grab.

Threi said:
nice :D

funny that you are getting better results with those offscreen cam vids than with an easycap :lol

if you feel like trying it again though i recommend avs video recorder. works nice :)

Once I level up my slow ass laptop, I'll come to you again for those vid capturing recommendations and help.

Oh yeah, I'm trying to find a good DeeJay out there in there in Asia XBL, but no luck so far.

gutabo

God's Beard said:
Hey, aren't the vulnerable areas supposed to be empty green/red squares?(green squares being vulnerable to everything and red sqares being invulnerable to projectiles and vulnerable to everything else not being a throw)
And, yes, it's a shitty as hell hitbox. At least(if I'm right) freejay is invincible during that specific frame, I guess.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I wanted to stab myself at Quakecon. This will be a LONG post.

First, for anyone here who either played in the tournaments or was watching the stream, I have to apologize. The difficulties kept stacking and I was so frustrated that I was almost sick. It was one of those situations where you wish you could do everything but you can't. I cannot and will not blame anyone else for any mishap because even If I or my partner didn't mess up, it was our event so we are responsible for anything that did. Anyway...

After the Starcraft 2 tourney went perfectly fine on Friday, our big fighting tourney was upon us. I got there to meet with the Smash Bros guys and he let me know what was needed so I started on that. When I walked into the BYOC our area was crowded and looked like it was getting bigger. I cut through everyone, talked over some stuff with our people and started putting everything that I had to do into motion.

I had to acquire all the things that the SSBB guys needed (chairs, power source, tables etc) while trying to get our ever troublesome Clear Wireless live stream setup. So I go and speak with the quakecon staff (who were utterly FANTASTIC through everything we needed) and jet back to work on my computer. After getting it straightened out as well as all kinds of other problems that I can't even really remember, I know that we started SSF 4, Smash Bros and MvC 2. Everything seemed to be working decently, we got our megaphone working and all the setups were going with what they needed to be playing. Then, someone snuck behind our setups and literally ripped the connections out of our Hauppage HD PVR box, thus killing the stream.

This happened, and was able to keep my calm. Dude unplugged the Hauppage so harshly that it made the software stop working. For real. Luckily, I had a backup for that. All good. Stream is back up, tourneys are flowing and everything is moving along. Sometime later, I get handed something and the person who came to hand it pushes the power button on my computer.

Stream down again. Now I'm getting a little angry.

It gets back up. I'm thinking to myself what the fuck is going to happen next. Just bring it, I know it's coming. My computer BSOD. Stream down again. I just have to shake my head and try to bring it up again. I do, and once again things are coming along decently. Well I was running the stream and commentating so I notice that there was a long period of time where there were no matches on the stream. I call someone to go and tell the guys running the bracket that we need another match on the stream. They come back and tell me that the bracket has been lost. I am full on ready to rage at this point.

I really didn't even know how to react. I go up to the table, people are arguing and angry and I'm just trying to formulate a way to get the bracket filled out again. They go through all kinds of possible ways to recreate it. Finally, we decide to take the names of all left in the tourney. Afterwards, all the winners come over and recount their matches to us. Banana Ken, Sinister X, FindMyFarms, Hsien Chang (Hsien won SSF4, SF3TS and BlazBlue CS btw) and the others were a big help. After we get everyone in the winners back to where they were at before, we go through on the losers side to get it all filled back in.

Ok so, after that, I go back to start the stream up and the Hauppage box does not want to work at all. It won't even send a pass through signal. I was so frustrated then that I didn't even feel good. I troubleshoot it for a few minutes and just decide to hookup the non HD Hava box for the stream because god damnit we need to get back online. After that, after we lost like 2 hours in the SSF4 tourney, we get back it playing games and it plays out until its done.

Everything is hazy to me, I slept like 6 hours from Wednesday until Sunday when we left. I ate like 3 or 4 times (lol) in that same time span. I didn't even get to really do anything at the convention because we were so busy. I missed everything :(. To top it all off, someone ran off with one of our TE 360 fight sticks and the AC guys we left in Houston to install our 2nd unit while we were gone didn't finish. There is a 5 ton AC sitting right in the middle of the floor so we can't even open.

Once again I apologize to both our players and our streamers for everything. Also once again, I have to thank the Quakecon staff for all the help they gave us. Specifically Bizquick and JC. They were the ones who put up with me and all of my ridiculous request all weekend long :lol

Threi

notag
gutabo said:
Hey, aren't the vulnerable areas supposed to be empty green/red squares?(green squares being vulnerable to everything and red sqares being invulnerable to projectiles and vulnerable to everything else not being a throw)
And, yes, it's a shitty as hell hitbox. At least(if I'm right) freejay is invincible during that specific frame, I guess.
never tested hit invulnerability but he's at least projectile invulnerable.

i do know that you can FA the first hit :lol

and both cammy and fei's counter ultras stop it

re: asia deejay players

only one i know of is the jp deejay player takehiko. i posted some vids here, i find it funny that this is the first result on yt, him getting destroyed by a gouken :lol

black_vegeta said:
Look in this thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401103

My post is 152.

Anyone who mentioned anything close to what I said got a month ban for "Children beating/good parenting." No warning, no nothing. The first 2 pages were where all the bans happened, but the bans have been lifted.

Be careful with posting in OT.

I see lots of bans left and right.

Especially the ones with drama and morals and ethics.

I try now just to read in OT and mainly try to post in the certain Official threads.

Wiseblade

Skilotonn said:
Ono's been tweeting that he's in London, and there's an event in London tomorrow morning with all the big dogs in gaming, 11:30 UK time.

Not trying to hype up anything, just throwing that out there.

Interesting. He'll probably stay for the week and check out SvB then.

Maybe this would be a good opportunity for me to round up some SF-GAF support. :D

XenoRaven

On my phone right now, so this will be short.

I can't speak for anyone but me, but I appreciate all the guys who put all that work in to stream matches for us to watch. I've done similar things in the past and I can put myself in your shoes tetsuo. I could tell there was a lot going on and could jus picture how stressed you must have been. But hey, if it's any consolation, I really do enjoy your streams and will continue to watch as long as you run them. Keep up the good work, and sorry you had to deal with all that crap.

Threi

notag
Skilotonn said:

that's not his dread kick it's his U1

his lk dread has a pretty good hitbox actually:

hwjhv.jpg

gutabo

Threi said:
never tested hit invulnerability but he's at least projectile invulnerable
IIRC he must be hit invulnerable too. That should redeem that shitty hitbox a little bit.
Threi said:
i do know that you can FA the first hit :lol

and both cammy and fei's counter ultras stop it
Lemme tell you a secret: you can focus the first hit of honda's super too. :\

And Cammy and fei's counter ultras stop it too.

Still, it has nothing on Makoto's karakusa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom